PDA

View Full Version : Bombing tutorials

costlyspider
08-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Ive been looking for videos and how to bomb in COD with all the different bombers. Now i have found lots of videos of people bombing, vairous ways skip bombing dive bombing etc. But none with teaching on how to bomb.

Does any one know if they are out there and if they could put up a link. As I would like to try to flying the bombers

Thanks for you time

Saintblu
08-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Level bombing is bugged... they need to fix that shit like yesterday.

So no. There is nothing about level bombing apart from what I and some others have posted as a stop fix measure. I will not play the game until i can level bomb with a stabilizor.

Blackdog_kt
08-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Ive been looking for videos and how to bomb in COD with all the different bombers. Now i have found lots of videos of people bombing, vairous ways skip bombing dive bombing etc. But none with teaching on how to bomb.

Does any one know if they are out there and if they could put up a link. As I would like to try to flying the bombers

Thanks for you time

Check the stickied FAQ thread here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24782

for a description of how to do it in the He111. I had a test run last Friday and it worked like a charm.

The Ju88 should work in a similar manner but due to a bugged gyrocompass it's currently limited to skip bombing and dive bombing.

Both of these bombers use an adjustable heading hold autopilot which is gyroscopically driven and needs small, smooth inputs when changing course to prevent see-sawing around the chosen heading. For example, if you command it to turn more than a few degrees to the left it will overshoot the target heading, turn back right and overshoot it again and so on. The trick is to trim for level flight at a rough heading to the target from about 20 kms out, then engage the heading hold autopilot, look through the bombsight and make small corrections a couple degrees at a time.

The Br.20 and Blenheim are more temperamental because they don't have heading hold autopilots. However, these two can be easily trimmed for hands-off level flight and their non-automated bombsights are not sensitive to alignment and maneuvering issues, so you can pretty much fly from the bombardier's seat during the bombing run.

There are some documented issues with the Blenheim's bombsight. Another forum user said the altitude scale is off and you need to multiply it by a factor of 3, so if bombing from 5000ft you should use 15000ft as the bombsight value (i haven't tested this yet for myself). Also, the bomb release key needs to be clicked on in the bombardier's cockpit, pressing the relevant key on your joystick will not work if you are not in the pilot's seat.

For more information about how to operate the needed controls, check the FAQ thread.

costlyspider
09-01-2011, 03:36 PM
OK, I know people say bombing is bugged,and there is alot of documments on bombing, but what I am really looking are videos with someone explaing on what they are doing. So I can follow and pause video try it on sim, and go back and forth till i get it.

The only reason I ask for this is this is what I did with flamming cliffs, they have training videos for every jet how to bomb, shoot navigate whatever I needed they pretty much had a video you could dl right into training folder.

That was a massive help for me in being able to play that sim. So thats what I am looking for, or hoping someone will make videos on how they bomb and hit there targets. Not just showing them bombing a target.

I am sorry if its alot to ask, I just found that by doing it that way, I was able to go father in flamming cliffs alot faster, then by trying to teach myself.

Thanks for your time

Flanker
09-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Here is a useful video for you;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BY3i7BlCPo

IvanK
09-04-2011, 10:40 PM
"The Ju88 should work in a similar manner but due to a bugged gyrocompass it's currently limited to skip bombing and dive bombing."

Whats the JU88 Gyrocompass bug ?

Blackdog_kt
09-05-2011, 12:48 AM
"The Ju88 should work in a similar manner but due to a bugged gyrocompass it's currently limited to skip bombing and dive bombing."

Whats the JU88 Gyrocompass bug ?

It just stays wherever it's set without updating: no matter if you align it or not, it doesn't move when you turn.

This is not a big deal in terms of navigation, because we have a perfectly useful course setter on the magnetic compass and in the 88 that's much easier to read (it's fairly big) and its right in front of the pilot.

However, the inoperable gyrocompass messes up the heading hold autopilot, because the AP uses the gyro and not the magnetic one as its input source, then compares it with what the pilot has set as the desired heading and decides which way to turn.

The end result is that since the directional gyro doesn't move, engaging the autopilot and commanding it to turn a couple of degrees results in a never-ending turn because the autopilot can't reach its goal: if i'm heading 015 and tell it to fly a heading of 010 it will start turning left but the the gyrocompass keeps showing 015, so it keeps turning and turning.

A workaround would be to fool it into leveling off by resetting the commanded heading to what the gyrocompass is stuck at, then only use the magnetic one (and the bombsight view) to line up the target.

It's only a couple of button presses extra for each turn, i just don't know if manually fooling it to level off will give the same precise responses that the correctly functioning autopilot does (i tried it in the He111 and it works like a charm if i make small inputs), because the heading hold commands don't display on-screen values apart from "course autopilot left/right": we would have to be switching back to pilot view and look at the instrument whenever we wanted to level off, then go back to the bombsight view and see if the target is correctly lined up and repeat as needed, while in the 111 it works fine while looking through the bombsight scope and helps line up the target accurately without changing positions.

Maybe it could be done in reverse as a temporary workaround, setting both the DG and desired heading to the same value and messing with the static/inoperable DG that does display on-screen text with the selected values, the problem with this is that it reverses the process: to make the AP turn right i'd have to move the DG left.

In any case, that's a description of the issue and a short term workaround. I hope i'm making sense here :-P

IvanK
09-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Ok thanks Blackdog. I will go looking in earnest and bring it up directly with the devs.

ATAG_MajorBorris
09-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Add the Ju 88s rear gunner as a issue, gun jams/freeze in multiplayer when enemy is on my 6.

No enemy, no problem with jams/animation freeze.

Auto pilot/level bombing for the Ju 88 is not working very well for me either.

Otherwise I love this plane : )

335th_GRAthos
09-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Blackdog, does this mean that in the JU-88 and the HE111 the LevelStabilizer has no functionality at all? (since it is the gyro stabiliser that is applicable)

~S~

EDIT: It does not. Thanks Blackdog for the answer in my other post.