PDA

View Full Version : Question for MODS please

Trumper
08-28-2011, 10:56 AM
I applaud the mods for doing a difficult job at times keeping us all in order. I do ask what the relationship is in the opposite direction from them to the developers and site owners.
I believe that most of the moans on here relate to the lack of feedback from the developers to the customers,could the MODs not be made part of the communication process.
The MODs are on here any way and have access at all times and time zones from around the world so the development team needn't be on here if they didn't want to be or could'nt be in work time.
An e mail from them [the development team ] to the MODs every now and then to be copied onto here could bridge the gap and i can't help but think that that in turn will reduce the work load on the MODs as well.
I wrote this post in the best spirit and not as a flame,slagging off war.
Best wishes and to everyone affected by wars and hurricanes ,keep safe.

Blackdog_kt
08-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Valid question but in all honesty there's not much we can do.

I started moderating very recently and there's currently three of us. I believe nearmiss is in the US timezones, while me and Alpha are on the EU timezone.

As for how it works, we are just unpaid volunteers trying to manage the forum in a way that keeps it readable and useful to the majority of the community.

The way it goes is that up top we have the forum administrators, then each sub-forum for each gaming title has its moderators. What we do is try to make sure people stick to a few basic rules and maintain a bit of necessary manners when talking to each other.

We have no professional affiliation with the developer team, which means we are not privy to inside information and we pretty much have a long leash (eg, they don't tell us how to moderate the forums).

In other words, it's simply a form of community service and not a professionally appointed position, so we don't have the necessary information to do what you suggest.

I know this probably wasn't what you wanted to hear, i just prefer to be honest about it: we're ordinary users with a bit more patience and a ban button :-P

Trumper
08-28-2011, 12:28 PM
:) Thank you for your reply,an excellent and informative post for those of us not familar with the internal set ups,appreciated THANK YOU.
It is a shame the gap between the developers and MOD's and community can't be linked,maybe in the future.
Thanks again :)