PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Campaign with dynamic AI planes and dynamic AI ground units

hc_wolf
08-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Hi from HC_WOLF in Melbounre Australia. Love Cliffs of Dover and took coding from Dynamic AI and Dynamic ground and stitched both together.

Here are 2 missions with the coding.
HCv2.mis
Dynamic Campaign with dynamic AI planes - Good for playing on your own or with all english team defending.

HCv7.mis Falcon4 campaign style!
Dynamic Campaign with dynamic AI planes and dynamic AI ground units

Both with moving frontlines.

*******Check your difficulty settings, side change must be possible******

HCv2.mis
Dynamic Campaign with dynamic AI planes

This is a game for 1-20 people who want to fly all for the one side or PvP with some AI.
Germans Bombing englind. English Defend.

HCv7.mis

English have landed in France and move to push German back.
This is a game for 1-20 people who want to fly all for the one side or PvP with some AI Also Dynamic Ground units.

Dynamic Ground units spawn in random vehicles and armour of groups of 4 and will attack closest enemy bases. If they destroy enemy the airodrome will change to the attacking side.

Install into the following directory

Just unzip and put the HellsCircus folder in the Dogfight folder.

To play just go to multiplayer > server> navigate to dogfight folder and HellsCircus. Click on either HCv2.mis or HCv7.mis

Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\Dogfight\HellsCircus

Note* I think it is still bug of the game. But if you start the game and the flags do not appear to
choose the side to fly on. restart the server game and left click on map on the left first then click Start Battle.

have fun

Thanks to programmers I stole your bits and put them all into one. Hope you don't mind.
I have shared out the code the *.cs files as they are the most desired parts. People can now see how you can stitch together Dynamic AI planes and AI gound troups.
I am sure there are smarter people out there who can take this and turn into awesome stuff.

30/08/2011 UPDATED*************************

1) Ground units - removed vehicle lists. Only Armor now.

2) Planeset - move BR-20 to red side (as if captured units) to compensate for limited amount of flyable red bombers.
3) Remove Spit-2 and Bf-110C7 for balancing purpose.
4) All AI fighters in the mission are now 2-engine only. From feedback on the server we learned that players hate fighting a single-engined fighter only to learn in the end it was an AI but not a human pilot.
5) reduced volume of AI planes in each flight.
6) removed flights and ships spawing on wrong side of battle line.
7) armed all bombers
8) lots of other tweaks and shit!

next update** code is in just not the triggers >>> What happens when no red airfields are left in France? Can an end mission message be printed on screen and original mission (frontline) reloaded to start from beginning?

HCWolf

tintifaxl
08-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Wow, thanks for that!

Jonk
08-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Hmmm, no go on this end. No matter the authority to which I left click the map prior to "Start Battle", the side flags never appear.

FG28_Kodiak
08-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Check your difficulty settings, side change must be possible.

Jonk
08-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Oh lordy....Easy fixes are a love/hate relationship

zapatista
08-29-2011, 04:22 AM
this sounds pretty amazing as a new function

wolf, does it look like the CoD game engine could allow for some Falcon4 style dynamic campaign engine to be used ?

eg, where there is a "programmed" unfolding of a scripted battle scenario (which map movements and troop/plane wins and losses) which outcome can be modified by players (in a limited way), but with an action that is significant enough to have a domino effects on other variables ? ( eg blocking a bridge for ground troop movement so they cant "conquer" a partic map area)

sounds pretty promising, amazing your are/were able to dig that far into the game code (?which must have been left open deliberately to allow user mods maybe ?)

hc_wolf
08-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Zapatista,

I have had a look at he extent to what Falcon went into with coding for dynamics and yes you can do it in COD. But I am not the one going to do it. LOL

The dynamics of these missions are basically spawn random groups from captured or owned bases and they set out on their own to take over the closest or random targets. If bridges are blocked they will re-route and try and cross. Or they will hold up and be easy targets.

Bombers Bomb targets, Fighters attack fighters or Bombers, Dive bombers do ground attacks and air to air.

You can manipulate the HC7.mission file to just move the mission flags to form a boarder on any map and then assign some air bases on either side and use the .cs code and away you go. You can trim the code down to or up the random flights. Random flights just need a beginning waypoint. you don't need to plan missions.

Really I am just giving everyone a working dynamic code for AI Planse and Vehicles in the one code file. I have not seen anyone else do this yet and by all means anyone take the code and make it better! :)

Ataros
08-29-2011, 07:56 AM
took coding from Dynamic AI and Dynamic ground and stitched both together.

Which Dynamic AI and ground do you mean? Is it based on naryv or someone else code?

Why number of players is limited by 20? Is it possible to have this increased to 60?

hc_wolf
08-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Which Dynamic AI and ground do you mean? Is it based on naryv or someone else code?

Why number of players is limited by 20? Is it possible to have this increased to 60?

Code: It is a compilation of about 4 codes into one.

Dynamic AI generated or effected are Armor, Vehicles, all planes, anti aircraft at airfields

I limited planes to 20 cause i was not running dedicated server and only had about 10 people joined on direct connect at a time. That said my PC could run a war of about 60 plus planes, 3000 plus static objects and 100+ vehicles advancing.

So feel free to change the limits and ranges and anything.

Ataros
08-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Great job! Thank you!

Will try to run it on Repka #2 if BigRepa does not have any other plans for it yet.

S!

Ze-Jamz
08-29-2011, 10:25 AM
This sounds very interesting..

nice work m8

5./JG27 Lehmann
08-29-2011, 11:26 AM
This is really really cool, just flew a sortie attacking British columns as they advanced towards Boulogne ^^

Only problem I seem to have is no friendly or enemy aircraft spawn..

David198502
08-29-2011, 03:38 PM
same for me!i spotted ground units but no other planes.

Ataros
08-29-2011, 05:40 PM
HCv7.mis

English have landed in France and move to push German back.
This is a game for 1-20 people who want to fly all for the one side or PvP with some AI Also Dynamic Ground units.

Dynamic Ground units spawn in random vehicles and armour of groups of 4 and will attack closest enemy bases. If they destroy enemy the airodrome will change to the attacking side.

This mission runs on Repka #2 server now.
We left map icons ON for a couple of days to make it easier to spot ground targets. Other settings will be adjusted in the future for more realistic experience too.

Captured BR-20s are given to red side to compensate for limited amount of flyable red bombers.

No AI airgroups spawn unfortunately atm.

Please leave your comments here.

http://i.imgur.com/XuppT.jpg

Thanks again for the mission!

hc_wolf
08-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Glad you guys like it. I have some free time tonight so will look at the Spawn issue.

I am sure it is just a minor thing.

Will fix, test and post mission on here tonight around 10pm Melbourne Australia time or earlier if possible.

Now where is that next game patch :D

Ataros
08-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Here is an update from Repka №2. Looks like blue are going to capture some red airfields soon.

http://i.imgur.com/TzYs2.jpg

Could you please include some changes to the mission if other players do not mind them.

Ground units - remove ambulance cars from vehicle lists. I saw 4 medical cars attacking tanks once.

Planeset - move BR-20 to red side (as if captured units) to compensate for limited amount of flyable red bombers. Remove Spit-2 and Bf-110C7 for balancing purpose. We can do it ourselves of cause but it would be a waste of time to do the same changes to every version of the mission.

In case there are some AI fighters in the mission make them 2-engine only. From feedback on the server we learned that players hate fighting a single-engined fighter only to learn in the end it was an AI but not a human pilot.
Many prefer not having AI fighters in missions at all, only AI bombers.

What happens when no red airfields are left in France? Can an end mission message be printed on screen and original mission (frontline) reloaded to start from beginning?

Thank you for your mission and for helping fine-tuning it.

Ataros
08-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Another feedback I just got from players of Repka 2 server is that supply trucks and fuel trucks are attacking enemy positions in front of tanks that looks a bit strange. Probably it is worth to exclude unarmed vehicles from ground forces completely.

hc_wolf
08-30-2011, 12:16 PM
ok I have upload all the changes as put forward by Ataros.

See Page one for zip file

All changes relate to the HC7.mis and HC7.cs and all missions in the HC7 folders

Hope this is better for all the Repka server flyers.

Cheers! from Melbourne

HC_Wolf

Ataros
08-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Thank you very much for support! Will be installing it tonight on Repka #2

jojovtx
08-30-2011, 02:27 PM
I notice some pretty sever lag/rubber banding of the ground vehicles. I flew a 110 last night and strafed a few columns. The object I shot at did explode, but several meters ahead of where the object I shot at was. Like it just warped ahead to explode. I did have a near 200 ping but other players aircraft and ai aircraft do not have that odd warping effect that the ground vehicles do.

hc_wolf
08-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Jojovtx I have reduced the volume of vehicles and AI Aircraft and this should reduce that effect if it was from server. Your Ping will be an issue at 200.

See how you go with new version when Repka put it up later today or tomorrow

Ataros
09-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi, Wolf!

Thank you again for a great mission!
The mission is Running on Repka #2 serer. Thanks to everyone for testing and providing feedback.

I have some feedback from players from the Russian forums.

1. Loading times are extremely high sometimes. After 3-4 hours of running a mission on a server loading time for player can reach 3-5 minutes.
The reason is too many groundgroups on map I guess. Upon spawn an aircraft about 25-30 enemy tank groups are reported in chat.

Is it possible to spawn tank groups only at the frontline but not spawn them on all markers of the map especially rear markers to reduce number of tank groups?

2. Frontline does not move. I guess the reason is a trigger that respawns tanks as soon as they are killed, and this repeats forever.
Is it possible to limit number of respawns for each marker by e.g. 3? Counters of all markers may be reset after any marker is captured. Another possible solution is to limit number of respawns by 3 per hour or 40 minutes depending on the distance between markers.

It is necessary to get the frontline moving somehow.

3. I think it would be better to have markers (spawnpoints) to be more evenly spaced to allow same timings between attacks/respawns.

4. Could you add more small calibre AAA guns to defences to make them more effective.

5. Is it possible to copy all messages from screen to chat window also to allow checking them later.

6. When watching the mission with external views I can not see some destroyers that are shown as icons on the map with MapIcons=1 difficulty settings. I.e. a ship is shown on map but not shown in game. When AI bombers attack these invisible destroyers AI bombers disappear right above target before releasing bombs.

7. Some other AI airgroups disappear surprisingly when watching with external views.

string BPMaxPlanesAllowed = "1"; // max. number of aircraft allowed to be created by a player
Please change to 1 to prohibit creation of AI groups by players.

9. Expecting the upcoming beta patch could you please add 109-E4 and Spit2 to planeset.
Please remove 109-E3B, 109-Е4B from planeset for balancing purposes.

As we all are looking forward to a new medium-sized map introduced in the upcoming patch I hope in the future you plan making a version of your mission for that map. Smaller map would allow for less markers/spawnpoints and would reduce loading times and make the mission more dynamic.