PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Moderators

drewpee
08-28-2011, 04:00 AM
You guy's have a hard job to do and I salute you.

TUSA/TX-Gunslinger
08-28-2011, 05:43 AM
You guy's have a hard job to do and I salute you.

+ 1000

This is by far, the best forum for Il2 Cliffs of Dover in all aspects.

Many Thanks,

And S!

Gunny

ATAG_Doc
08-28-2011, 05:45 AM
+1

Tree_UK
08-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Shockingly enough, I do agree, and I do think it as taken a step in the right direction since Blackdog got the job. S!

jimbop
08-28-2011, 06:55 AM
Yes, Blackdog_kt is doing well though sometimes too verbiose! The forum definitely needed greater mod attention which is seems to be getting now.

Blackdog_kt
08-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Well, what can i say, thanks guys. Tree, you surprise me mate :-P

There's only two tricks to it:

1) Don't pay attention to who is posting or if i agree with what they say but how, instead act like a robot with no feelings to ensure being impartial.
In the short time i've been doing this, i've had to take moderating action against people i agreed with and had to defend people i disagreed with. It's all a matter of manners, not opinions.

2) Talk to people before swinging the hammer. Better to have people gradually know what is acceptable and what not than just handing out bans and suspensions without them knowing why, even if it leads to this:

though sometimes too verbiose! :grin:

furbs
08-28-2011, 09:53 AM
As much as i sometimes disagree with you sometimes Blackdog(i think your far too soft on the development team) i think your doing a very good job and it feels a much better place here now, the moderation has been more level headed and fair.

Well done mate. :grin:

Strike
08-28-2011, 09:56 AM
I'll raise my glass to that!

Skål!

Ze-Jamz
08-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Well what a nice post to wake up to on a Sunday lol

I have to say the forums run a bit smoother and its down to ALL moderators imo..Blackdog,Nearmiss and Alpha are the ones I see taking action and admitting when they are wrong too..

BUT i also think not taking anything away from the Mods people are just bored of saying the same ol stuff too, it still happens yes but no where near as much..

Getting a weeks ban taught me not to swear Dad :)

~S~

jcenzano
08-28-2011, 10:22 AM
+1

keep up with the good job. And thank you for making the forum more "readable" and helping us to get rid of the trashy comments which don´t add up anything.

Scarecrow
08-28-2011, 10:34 AM
>1. Congrats BD keep up the good work.

Anvilfolk
08-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Hear hear :)

Icebear
08-28-2011, 02:33 PM
S! Blackdog_kt http://german-freelancer-club.de/components/com_kide/templates/default/images/iconos/29.gif

Ataros
08-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Many thanks, mods! Good job!

BTW at some other sim forums (not CloD) a complain without including system specs can be considered as trolling :) Seriously. Please ban trolls! :grin:

Madfish
08-28-2011, 08:48 PM
I agree, good job so far.

Just one recommendation: don't always "red post" (attack) the offender publicly. Especially after editing / delting his / their posts.
It leeds to a lot of psychological stress that often needs to be vented again.

I recommend a simple PM in such cases of adressing individuals - the others who don't misbehave don't need to see the message anyways, to them it's just spam or a reason to change their attitudes towards the "culprits" which again is unwanted.

At least that is my personal experience. ;p

MadBlaster
08-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I'll join in the praise. Overall your fair minded and thoughtful. You also type really long answers, which makes me wonder if you use speech to text software!;) My only criticism is the continuous up-selling of the the CLoD CEM and DM whenever anyone criticizes the game or calls some aspect of it a pos in so many words.