PDA

View Full Version : Help - Frustrated

Coog
08-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but need help. After purchasing a new PC, TrackIR, CH controls, etc., all I want to do at this point is focus on the 109, single player, with CEM. Should be simple, but I'm struggling.

How the heck to I do something as simple as set-up a basic mission/training flight with the 109, starting on a runway? Without starting in the air, or learning the full mission builder, etc? I've tried the training area (e.g., solo flight), but I pick my pilot, pick my 109, but it keeps defaulting back to a hurricane in the training area. WTF!? Why does this have to be so hard? All I want to do it pick the 109, pick an airfield (heck, any airfield), and have it sitting on the run-way ready to start up and fly around.

How do I make this happen?? :confused:

Thanks,

Coog

FG28_Kodiak
08-27-2011, 04:22 PM
You can choose the CrossCountry mission in Quick mission for start and landing training.

yellonet
08-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Start the Full Mission Builder (FMB).
Find a suitable airfield.
[CTRL + Left mouse button] places a waypoint, now edit this by right clicking it and choosing "Properties".
Choose the aircraft you want on the first tab, the go to the tab named "Waypoint", under "Action" choose "TakeOff", now go the the "#1" tab and check the box "Player".

Done!

Now go to "File" and save and fly your new mission.

Note, for the 109 you should go to the tab "Group Properties" and change "Army" to "Blue".

David198502
08-27-2011, 04:42 PM
try this one!
download it and paste it in my documents/1c softclub/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/missions/single
hope this helps!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1KQ66B36

Coog
08-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Gotta say, you guys are amazing. Thanks for the help on what really was a simple thing--appreciate the patience. David198502, thanks for preparing the DL, but ended up using the FMB, which was easier than I realized.

Thanks all!

Coog