PDA

View Full Version : Lack of communication from Devs......

Mattius
08-26-2011, 08:39 PM
This silence is really beginning to frustrate me & make me fear that the devs really don't care about us! :confused:

Rattlehead
08-26-2011, 08:41 PM
It starts...

Raggz
08-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, i'm at the crossroad where i'm about to abandon this game for good. My faith in the devs is gone. With so many other good games coming out this fall and with DCS A-10 i don't think i will waste any more time on this game until something drastic happens. I will definatly not spend any more money on any expansions/DLC's before i know for sure that they at least work as intended.

robtek
08-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Imo everyone posting in a "are we there yet" style should be given some time to learn patience.

@raggz your decision, your loss!

kalimba
08-26-2011, 08:53 PM
That is why I have stopped coming in this forum since Oleg is gone and I dont care about the game anymore so I will never come back here again I swear...:grin:

Salute !

machoo
08-26-2011, 08:56 PM
I have no interest in this game because of the lack of a dynamic campaign with moving front lines ect. It has no incentive. It would be fun to play being able to potentially lose/win the conflict.

DSC A10 is amazing.

SsSsSsSsSnake
08-26-2011, 09:01 PM
tempted with dsc A10 just not sure if its a bit complex for me :)

robtek
08-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Using a computer to simulate computers in a jet sound boring to me. :D :D :D

Redroach
08-26-2011, 09:17 PM

amazon.de still hasn't delievered yet :(

Mysticpuma
08-26-2011, 09:46 PM

Sadly I have no interest at the moment in CloD, but still loving 1946. I am sure that one-day CloD will be a mature piece of software but currently I don't see the point of viewing these forums (although it appear with this message I can't help myself!) as I just read the same thing over and again!

Regarding Flight Sims, 1946 covers everything I need, especially with UP3 and HSFX 5.01 but that for now (oh and Wings of Prey) is where my interest stays.

As for new games, Battlefield 3 is where my money has already been placed, especially with the new Frostbite 2 engine, but I am currently enjoying Dead Space 2, the brilliance of audio is something that it really excels at...shame other Software Developers didn't think about the sound at initial release :)

Cheers, MP

Catseye
08-26-2011, 09:54 PM
This silence is really beginning to frustrate me & make me fear that the devs really don't care about us! :confused:

Just what part of this don't you understand?

"Timeline wise, what we’re looking at is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks, and at least a week of tests for that. The new graphics will also be included with it. The same upcoming patch will also include some new aircraft and most likely the German trains. Due to all new sounds, it’ll be one of the largest patches so far, but still way under a GB."

What else do you want to hear that can be more informative than that?

Perhaps you need someone to hold your hand to show that someone cares.

I hardly think that not receiving a post today is any cause for the giant leap that the Devs don't care about us. This is just adolescent thinking.

M1sF1rE
08-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Just what part of this don't you understand?

"Timeline wise, what we’re looking at is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks, and at least a week of tests for that. The new graphics will also be included with it. The same upcoming patch will also include some new aircraft and most likely the German trains. Due to all new sounds, it’ll be one of the largest patches so far, but still way under a GB."

What else do you want to hear that can be more informative than that?

Perhaps you need someone to hold your hand to show that someone cares.

I hardly think that not receiving a post today is any cause for the giant leap that the Devs don't care about us. This is just adolescent thinking.

Yeah, we'll see how well that time line holds up....

icarus
08-26-2011, 10:32 PM

DCS A-10 is complex, but just don't expect to master it in a few days. Enjoy the learning curve. If you want to try it out on easy mode for a bit to get familiar, that might help, but I would get into the sim mode shortly after. It has really good training missions with voice overs and text.

Its really eye opening realistic sim worth having. My only beef is no DC (well I'd like a multi role fighter too). Other than that it is a fine piece of work and your rig should run it easily.

Check out the beta of the upcoming modelling of the CBU. This thing just keeps getting better.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd84/icarus123456789/CBU11.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd84/icarus123456789/CBU21.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd84/icarus123456789/CBU61.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd84/icarus123456789/CBU31.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd84/icarus123456789/CBU42.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd84/icarus123456789/3b1d6c441.jpg

ATAG_Doc
08-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Where did you get the idea that anyone was supposed to call you?

NedLynch
08-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Jesus crime in Italy, I can't believe I am even responding to another "the devs have abandoned the game"-thread.

But, take RoF for example, they started out with online only and 2 flyable airplanes, they continued working on the game, have all kinds of airplanes available now, an offline career mode with everything you would want out of it, online play, quick missions and a couple more things.....and it took them forever and a day to get to this point, graphics improvements included.
Just played it again last night and imho CoD is the better sim.
On their forum were also multiple threads about how there is no progress with features people wanted, how the devs are not updating the community and as soon as a thread like this one came up it was locked by a more than po'ed company guy, very understandably so, they started to get really, really sick and tired about the whining on the forum, all the while they were working hard to meet the communities wants and needs.
Now a lot of people are using RoF as a reference for how a flight sim should be.

And if you want a dynamic campaign play The Enlightened Florist's campaign.
I was told on this forum that IL2 1946 started out just the same way, no dynamic campaign, that was later community created and then incorporated into the game oficially.

This sim will be the sim to define sims in the future, chill out and have patience, I know hard to do but there is no other way. I just hope 1C doesn't run out of funds, hmm...gives me an idea for another thread......

CaptainDoggles
08-27-2011, 01:49 AM
A lot of people forget what il2fb was like when it was new. Some of the flight and damage models were really bad. Remember deltawood? You couldn't fly over cities, even with a top of the line rig because your framerates would tank. I think that the expectations of today's simmer has changed. They expect/demand smooth performance at full settings.

I also think PR standards have changed. It is not acceptable for a publishing house/developer to be this lax in their dialogue with the fan base. This needs to be addressed.

icarus
08-27-2011, 01:50 AM
This sim will be the sim to define sims in the future......

Agree with you. And perhaps it will be the WWII sim to define WWII sims, but not the sim to define sims in the future. No way. Its potential is good, but not that good.

Madfish
08-27-2011, 02:21 AM
May be true - but my experiences with BS, A10 and RoF haven't been the best either. And why does there have to be a "game to rule them all?" Personally I find most sims mediocre in many parts - they always have been behind normal games in many aspects and that will most likely never change.

But one thing is for certain - if the community continues to blow things out of proportion the genre will die. It's unrealistic to achieve the perfection of AAA titles out there with budgets and sale numbers beyond everything. That era is gone and won't ever return.

@OP
That said I too wish the devs would communicate much better. They admitted that flaw however so it's only mature to give them a few months to eventually change that for the better.

And personally I'm pretty much bothered by all those folks who have to show up to always repeat the same lame story. More bothered than by the absense of news from the devs.

It's like a club of girls having to vent their day to day experiences and get comforted. Seriously, sometimes it's even sad to witness "mature" men do stuff like this. It makes me feel weird about my own gender.

sorak
08-27-2011, 10:10 AM
May be true - but my experiences with BS, A10 and RoF haven't been the best either. And why does there have to be a "game to rule them all?" Personally I find most sims mediocre in many parts - they always have been behind normal games in many aspects and that will most likely never change.

But one thing is for certain - if the community continues to blow things out of proportion the genre will die. It's unrealistic to achieve the perfection of AAA titles out there with budgets and sale numbers beyond everything. That era is gone and won't ever return.

@OP
That said I too wish the devs would communicate much better. They admitted that flaw however so it's only mature to give them a few months to eventually change that for the better.

And personally I'm pretty much bothered by all those folks who have to show up to always repeat the same lame story. More bothered than by the absense of news from the devs.

It's like a club of girls having to vent their day to day experiences and get comforted. Seriously, sometimes it's even sad to witness "mature" men do stuff like this. It makes me feel weird about my own gender.

So you would rather be a women?that you just stated does the same thing. Or you want to be the other gender.. The undiscovered 3rd Gender..

Blackdog_kt
08-27-2011, 02:07 PM
They said minimum two weeks and that's just for the beta stage, we're on the third week as we speak.

For crying out loud, lighten up already and stop dragging everybody down.

If people want it done the RoF way so much maybe we should start locking all those threads like it used to happen on their boards, just a thought :rolleyes:

andrea78
08-27-2011, 04:24 PM
A lot of people forget what il2fb was like when it was new. Some of the flight and damage models were really bad.

IL2 demo was acclaimed, Il2 and il2fb were rated 9.2/8.6 at gamespot... and the 2001 graphic was heavy but great compared to any kind of games, even fps...

SiThSpAwN
08-27-2011, 05:45 PM
I think of all the complaining on the forums I can really only get behind this topic. I understand they are working on the game, and the understand that the game is in poor shape. But the silence is really making things 10 times worse. I understand the forums are a scary place for anyone associated with this game, but without communication it only fuels the fire.

So while I am tired of hearing whats wrong with the game over and over, I cant stress enough how much I agree they need to open the lines of communications, in this day and age there is no excuse for virtually ignoring the people that paid money for this sim.

Whether is a Community Relations person, or someone of the dev team just to post on a weekly basis, I dont see that as a terribly hard thing to do, and would do wonders with a good percentage of the people here, some you will never please but then you shouldnt be doing it for them (or in this case not doing it).

Look at any other gaming forum, most of which have interaction all the time from people developing the game. Its needed here more so than ever.

Anvilfolk
08-28-2011, 12:16 AM
They should publish their SVN changelog!

I WON'T STAND FOR ANYTHING ELSE

Seriously though... most time in software development is fixing bugs. With the amount of code this thing has, they probably spend days, if not weeks, trying to fix one bug, or just trying to work out the best architecture for the new graphics engine or whatnot. What do you guys want? "Spent another 8 hours today trying to catch bug 12451. Brainstormed for 4 hours.".... hardly interesting. And someone has to bother every member of the team to get a report too. Is it worth it? You know they're working on it, let them work.