PDA

View Full Version : I actually do think we will get a beta patch today...

mazex
08-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Got a good feeling about it... My wife and kids are going away over the weekend and I'm having a bunch of pals coming over tomorrow night. So for the next 28 hours I'm free to play ;)

sorak
08-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Got a good feeling about it... My wife and kids are going away over the weekend and I'm having a bunch of pals coming over tomorrow night. So for the next 28 hours I'm free to play ;)

And then all of a sudden the wife calls and says her mother is coming over instead for the weekend at your house

Phazon
08-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Oh great clairvoyent one, please do tell more. :D

TheSwede
08-26-2011, 12:46 PM

Im in the same situation. ;)
Wife away to the eastern part of Sweden from today to 17.00 tomorrow.
Hmm.. what about some Il2 with a cold one and some friends on TS. ;)

pupo162
08-26-2011, 12:47 PM

hope your right.

Kankkis
08-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Not today. :(

Phazon
08-26-2011, 12:54 PM
There's still a good 4 hours yet, sometimes they work late. :)

Raggz
08-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Doubt it. If that was the case Luthier would probably announced that yesterday as he usually do when he has good news.

335th_GRExandas
08-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Expectations .... this is what you will get :-P

Capt Backasswards
08-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Not gonna happen. Luthier's at my house swimming in the pool. Hey! That's my rubber duck, Luthier! Get yer own!!! :-D

Redroach
08-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Wow, just wow, you totally jinxed it for the rest of us! It probably WAS going to be released today, but now....

hmm true - I think we should work on getting way more voodoo involved in this. So, the task for next friday is:
Throw a handful of salt over your left shoulder, repeat 2x and perform the 'make-the-patch-come-and-make-it-be-actually-useful--dance'.

Ze-Jamz
08-26-2011, 01:59 PM
A 'patch' dance.... yes

Dano
08-26-2011, 02:01 PM
To resotre balance I'm too busy to play for the weekend thus we will get a patch ;)

JG53Frankyboy
08-26-2011, 02:01 PM

karma for gamers:
important, long awaited patches are going NOT to be released when you have freetime!

so, no patch today, not for CoD, not for RoF......

smink1701
08-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Nothing more today than what we've been getting for too long...silence.:(

furbs
08-26-2011, 02:24 PM
A 'patch' dance.... yes

A patch dance? ok......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRhW36VXyZA&feature=player_embedded

Ze-Jamz
08-26-2011, 02:27 PM
A patch dance? ok......

HaHa..I like it

mcmatt
08-26-2011, 02:35 PM
And then all of a sudden the wife calls and says her mother is coming over instead for the weekend at your house

In that case patch would be out.

drewpee
08-26-2011, 03:05 PM
A patch dance? ok......

Are they having fun or what? :-D

jamesdietz
08-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Its not "today" here yet...so maybe if & when it arrives from Europe....

Winger
08-26-2011, 03:19 PM
At least a small update would be the least one could expect....

Winger

retrojet
08-26-2011, 03:44 PM
I thought we all agreed to move the patch parties to Saturdays from now on!!!???
:confused:

smink1701
08-26-2011, 03:53 PM

Winger

I think a big bag is what most have come to expect.;)

Krt_Bong
08-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I love positive thinking, until it proves fruitless and then we must break out the torches and pitchforks. Roarrrr....

Ze-Jamz
08-26-2011, 04:02 PM
I love positive thinking, until it proves fruitless and then we must break out the torches and pitchforks. Roarrrr....

YEEEAAHH!!...lets go!, lets get.......Oh sry

Not time yet?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcrSuaCOBKcEuo3sTiolFoQmXWhNYlQ 5F1IlgED7sKcKqClIr-

FlyingShark
08-26-2011, 04:16 PM

Winger
True, but don't forget what Jason at RoF said a few weeks ago, you don't need constant news and updates to enjoy RoF, don't fall into that trap. The same could be said about COD I think.

~S~

Redroach
08-26-2011, 04:22 PM
A patch dance? ok......

how do they know about the patch dance? Wtf? At least they know how to voodoo hard!

Jumo211
08-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch !!!!!!

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/HolyGrail_photos/kid-stuck-outside-airplane-window-blooper.jpg

S! :lol:

skouras
08-26-2011, 05:36 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Pluto
08-26-2011, 05:48 PM
True, but don't forget what Jason at RoF said a few weeks ago, you don't need constant news and updates to enjoy RoF, don't fall into that trap. The same could be said about COD I think.

~S~

... this could be said about CloD only if it was already as good as Rise of Flight but it is not, ... not yet !
:|

...By the way, if you have the same callsign at RoF (flying shark), I think I shot you down a few days ago on Syndicate Server when you were flying in a Nieuport28. I was flying a Fokker DVII !

SiThSpAwN
08-26-2011, 05:57 PM
A watched patch never releases...

I think we should just ignore the devs for the day and see if that works ;)

Tree_UK
08-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Another weekend of flying online with no tree's, crap sounds, ships floating in the air and 100's of other annoying bugs. Great work Luthier.

ATAG_Doc
08-26-2011, 06:02 PM
I cannot imagine having to have a chick leave just to have your pals over. I might be fined 1 credit for violation of the verbal morality statute but bros before hoes. I'd rather eat a big ole pile of fresh steaming dog poop than to have a women leaching off of me.

FlyingShark
08-26-2011, 06:10 PM
... this could be said about CloD only if it was already as good as Rise of Flight but it is not, ... not yet !
:|

...By the way, if you have the same callsign at RoF (flying shark), I think I shot you down a few days ago on Syndicate Server when you were flying in a Nieuport28. I was flying a Fokker DVII !
True, RoF is better but still, CoD is being worked on so we just need a bit more patience. Sorry for bad comparission.

I do have the same callsing at RoF, it must have been on the last vintage mission, always like those and try to join as much as possible for as far as I'm not working or doing something else. I remember I first shot Kollwitz down who was flying with you. Do you have the same callsign too at RoF? Anyway, nice to see you here too.

FlyingShark
08-26-2011, 06:19 PM
By the way, I am eagerly waiting for a patch or at least some news like most people here, I just said it because I was also waiting for some news about RoF the last 2 months and when Jason said that, it made me think and just enjoy what I already have for now.

~S~

albx
08-26-2011, 06:19 PM
what said luthier? a minimum of 2 weeks or 2 months? i forgot..... ahhhh yes... 2 years... right... I don't think we will get a patch this week, and the next also

dougandtoni
08-26-2011, 06:37 PM

But then he and his pals could "play" with the mother in law instead of "playing" with other guys

Redroach
08-26-2011, 06:56 PM
But then he and his pals could "play" with the mother in law instead of "playing" with other guys

wtf? (what the fudge?)

Pluto
08-26-2011, 07:20 PM
True, RoF is better but still, CoD is being worked on so we just need a bit more patience. Sorry for bad comparission.

I do have the same callsing at RoF, it must have been on the last vintage mission, always like those and try to join as much as possible for as far as I'm not working or doing something else. I remember I first shot Kollwitz down who was flying with you. Do you have the same callsign too at RoF? Anyway, nice to see you here too.

...yes, was a nice dogfight that day, my callsign in RoF is "Wolf Larsen".
Would be pleased to fly with or against you again!
:)

Jaws2002
08-26-2011, 07:34 PM
... ...By the way, if you have the same callsign at RoF (flying shark), I think I shot you down a few days ago on Syndicate Server when you were flying in a Nieuport28. I was flying a Fokker DVII !

Every time you shoot a Nieuport 28 God kills a puppy.

FAKT!!!:lol:

If you do it in D7F or Dr1 two puppies get it.:mrgreen:

FlyingShark
08-26-2011, 07:42 PM
...yes, was a nice dogfight that day, my callsign in RoF is "Wolf Larsen".
Would be pleased to fly with or against you again!
:)
Sunday night is vintage night, will be there if that pippo of boss of mine doesn't call me.

~S~

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-26-2011, 08:00 PM
what said luthier? a minimum of 2 weeks or 2 months? i forgot..... ahhhh yes... 2 years... right... I don't think we will get a patch this week, and the next also

I would agree completley albx,this is becoming a farce Luthier,one can only question the validity of your company's statements of recent,by it's silence my friend,apathy and impatience are setting in here.

Please for God's sake communicate with us,otherwise you'll only have yourself to blame,when we,your customers become silent and abandon you.

No one is asking for a daily comment from you,but once a week,surely is'nt asking too much is it?:rolleyes:

SsSsSsSsSnake
08-26-2011, 08:19 PM
seems maybe it is

mazex
08-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Im in the same situation. ;)
Wife away to the eastern part of Sweden from today to 17.00 tomorrow.
Hmm.. what about some Il2 with a cold one and some friends on TS. ;)

As the patch never came I unfortunately ended up out on a club with a bunch of guys getting drunk spending twice the amount CoD cost me so far and the night is still young... And it is all Luthier's fault...

/mazex via tapatalk

katdogfizzow
08-26-2011, 09:10 PM
swing and a miss....

whoarmongar
08-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Well console yourself with the thought that theres probably twice as many people in that small obscure club in Sweden that you went too than there is in the whole world who are online at this moment playing CloD. and I bet at least some of the people in that club were female.

speculum jockey
08-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Why would we get a beta patch when Luthier said that they were redoing the graphics, physics, and sound engine?

Luthier: "Hey guys, I want you to stop working on making this game properly and spend several hundred man-hours on a new temporary patch to try and get 1-3% more functionality out of the current game build. Meanwhile everyone else will be working on a total-rework of the game that will render all your work a time-consuming, expensive, and useless endeavor.

I could see Oleg doing something like this, but I think Luthier has a better head on his shoulders.

jimbop
08-27-2011, 05:30 AM
I think people are waiting for a beta of the large patch luthier spoke of. No guarantee there will be a beta for this.

Feathered_IV
08-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Learning to live with disappointment is an essential part of the Maddox Games experience.

sorak
08-27-2011, 09:51 AM
i cannot imagine having to have a chick leave just to have your pals over. I might be fined 1 credit for violation of the verbal morality statute but bros before hoes. I'd rather eat a big ole pile of fresh steaming dog poop than to have a women leaching off of me.

+100

sorak
08-27-2011, 09:52 AM

come on now... did you truly believe the old '2 weeks' saying ?

yellonet
08-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Learning to live with disappointment is an essential part of the Maddox Games experience.Learning how to deal with disappointment is an essential part of life.

yellonet
08-27-2011, 12:04 PM
I cannot imagine having to have a chick leave just to have your pals over. I might be fined 1 credit for violation of the verbal morality statute but bros before hoes. I'd rather eat a big ole pile of fresh steaming dog poop than to have a women leaching off of me.Hey man, no one should judge you for having an alternative life style.

hc_wolf
08-27-2011, 12:32 PM

mazex I just heard that the Patch will be released 10 minutes before your wife gets home. Just enough time for you to see the download but not enough time for you to click on the exe file to even load the game to the intro screen.

:-P

SiThSpAwN
08-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Why would we get a beta patch when Luthier said that they were redoing the graphics, physics, and sound engine?

I think for proper release, and if this patch is as big as it sounds, releasing a beta of it would be best, they dont have the resources to test it like the entire community could. Also calling it beta would lessen the blow on any issue that might crop up from those expecting perfection right out of the gates....

Figura
08-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Hopefully worth the wait