PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Driver 280.36 WHQL

Winger
08-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Anyone SLI Support now? IF not i really start to think they just lied to us saying an "upcoming driver release" would bring SLI supoport. We had, what 4 new drivers now sinde this statement? Just like min. 2 weeks until patch... its 3 weeks now and still nothing. Not even a statement. Even the biggest fans like i am one getting a little upset about this information policy now...

Winger

Tree_UK
08-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Luthier, lie??? How very dare you...:grin::grin:

dragon9
08-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Anyone SLI Support now? IF not i really start to think they just lied to us saying an "upcoming driver release" would bring SLI supoport. We had, what 4 new drivers now sinde this statement? Just like min. 2 weeks until patch... its 3 weeks now and still nothing. Not even a statement. Even the biggest fans like i am one getting a little upset about this information policy now...

Winger

i do not think they will release a driver (profile/sli support) to support this game
until they fix graphics which they are working on now.

Tiger27
08-26-2011, 05:34 AM
Haven't some people made their own profiles that gets SLI working, I know it's not as easy as if Nvidia add one of there own, but do a search I seem too recall something about it working, don't have SLI myself.

Winger
08-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Haven't some people made their own profiles that gets SLI working, I know it's not as easy as if Nvidia add one of there own, but do a search I seem too recall something about it working, don't have SLI myself.

I read all those threads and i ogt no chance to get it working properly no matter what settings. Tried everything.

Winger

Tree_UK
08-26-2011, 08:18 AM
I read all those threads and i ogt no chance to get it working properly no matter what settings. Tried everything.

Winger

Thats because SLI doesn't work correctly, some have had a little success but at the price of artifacts showing etc... Luthier said it was fixed, he also said in development that it would work, both these were untrue.

Nvidia will not look at CLOD for a long time, it would be impossible for them to get to grips with the game as it is far to bugged. You can imagine Nvidia saying " you want us to make a SLI profile for this, when you have no FSAA, you have stuttering, shimmering and pop up buildings?" The dev's have no idea what they are doing regarding SLI & FSAA so what chance have Nvidia got of sorting it?

Tiger27
08-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Thats because SLI doesn't work correctly, some have had a little success but at the price of artifacts showing etc... Luthier said it was fixed, he also said in development that it would work, both these were untrue.

Nvidia will not look at CLOD for a long time, it would be impossible for them to get to grips with the game as it is far to bugged. You can imagine Nvidia saying " you want us to make a SLI profile for this, when you have no FSAA, you have stuttering, shimmering and pop up buildings?" The dev's have no idea what they are doing regarding SLI & FSAA so what chance have Nvidia got of sorting it?

Shame but you are right, until they can get the graphics stable and bug free, Nvidia wont do much too help, now if this was the other COD they would have a team working on it, ROF has also had a lot of trouble even getting a reply about issues from the two major graphics developers and their engine is now pretty stable, Nvidia/Ati have much bigger fish to fry.

Blackdog_kt
08-26-2011, 09:29 AM
I think it's not going to happen until the new graphics engine is patched into the sim and somehow it even makes sense that way.

I mean, why go to all the trouble of contacting nVidia/Ati and spending valuable time trying to get their ear (as they will invariably pay more attention to other titles) when the entire graphics engine is being redone?

We're well into the minimum time frame specified by the developers for the new graphics engine reaching beta stage (they said minimum two weeks for beta, plus a week minimum of testing before the patch goes live, we're in the third week currently), we all know deadlines tend to slip by at times, so let's just make a moderate assumption with a nice, big error margin and say that the new graphics engine will be here in a month from now.

Well, it might take as much as or more than a month of back and forth correspondence to get nVidia/Ati to release SLI/Crossfire profiles, then waiting for the next driver release that will include them. In other words, by the time the profiles are here they may be obsolete due to the new graphics engine.

I know it's hard to wait at times, but seeing how the sim is nicely flyable on my two year old PC with a single GPU, what i would do if i was using SLI/Crossfire would be to make a custom profile that disables one of my GPUs when running CoD, turn down a couple of settings and fly in the meantime. I've been recently getting another urge to dive deeper into how stuff works in the sim, so i moved from fighters to bombers and have been having a blast the last couple of days.

Making a couple of very simple practice missions in the FMB, letting the AI fly them to test things out, then flying them myself to do some bombing practice, fiddling with the bigger, more complicated aircraft...it all helps pass the time very nicely until the patch arrives ;-)

furbs
08-26-2011, 10:38 AM
I think it's not going to happen until the new graphics engine is patched into the sim and somehow it even makes sense that way.

I mean, why go to all the trouble of contacting nVidia/Ati and spending valuable time trying to get their ear (as they will invariably pay more attention to other titles) when the entire graphics engine is being redone?

Agreed, so explain that to us and not say the opposite, because it just looks like "avoiding the truth" when you do.

Cataplasma
08-26-2011, 10:57 AM

True, but...
Why go to waste money for an unfinished game?
Why to buy or preorder a game and spend a lot of money now and then wait months for a playble game?
Did I pay 50euro for a game that run at best on a two years old pc? So how much do I really had to pay for a two years old pc game?
Devs said "sli working" but I can't play cod with sli enabled at my monitor's native HD resolution.
I preordered the game a lot of months ago and I played cod four times.
I don't want my money back just because I continue to trust a little in devs but I personally think that this thing is a big shame.
I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand me anyway.

Tree_UK
08-26-2011, 11:03 AM
The main thing to consider about SLI is that before Nvidia will even look at making a profile the dev's will have to get FSAA working. Luthier as avoided at all cost talking about FSAA, he's not even acknowleged that there is a problem with it. So i can forsee it not being fixed for many many months if at all.

Blackdog_kt
08-26-2011, 12:42 PM
True, but...
Why go to waste money for an unfinished game?
Why to buy or preorder a game and spend a lot of money now and then wait months for a playble game?
Did I pay 50euro for a game that run at best on a two years old pc? So how much do I really had to pay for a two years old pc game?
Devs said "sli working" but I can't play cod with sli enabled at my monitor's native HD resolution.
I preordered the game a lot of months ago and I played cod four times.
I don't want my money back just because I continue to trust a little in devs but I personally think that this thing is a big shame.
I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand me anyway.

I understand you, but preordering is for people who want to take the risk...for people who want finished games there are reviews and forums to make a decision first.

I mean, it wasn't really a secret there were problems with the game, the Russian market got it before everyone else and we were already told about the problems a month before the European release.

I knew about the problems, i didn't cancel my preorder, so i'm not complaining...if people didn't want to spend money on it they could just cancel their orders a week after the Russian release, there was enough information to make a decision ;-)

Cataplasma
08-26-2011, 12:55 PM
I understand you, but preordering is for people who want to take the risk...for people who want finished games there are reviews and forums to make a decision first.

I mean, it wasn't really a secret there were problems with the game, the Russian market got it before everyone else and we were already told about the problems a month before the European release.

I knew about the problems, i didn't cancel my preorder, so i'm not complaining...if people didn't want to spend money on it they could just cancel their orders a week after the Russian release, there was enough information to make a decision ;-)

ok, thanks.

Rextar
08-26-2011, 03:56 PM
There is no 280.36 drivers there is 280.26 opps i stand corrected!!
Didnt see um!

SsSsSsSsSnake
08-26-2011, 05:29 PM
maade me search though lol

RickRuski
08-26-2011, 09:42 PM
I have recently built a "SLI" system for the first time and wondered how to get it working. Decided to join "Nvidia sli Club" and from there have got some information for Sli settings. I am using "Nvidia Inspector" to set a profile and have increased the performance, (I am running two Gts 450's, one EVGA and one Asus, couldn't get another EVGA here in NZ which I bought first ) and then installed "Nvidia's" SLI patch version 1. With the first try the two cards were running at temp's (after reaching normal running deg's) about 2--3 deg difference @ 56--59 deg with the EVGA being the higher. After installing the SLI patch both cards are now running @ about 58---59 Deg's. I am getting FPS over land with cockpit "ON" ranging between 60---70fps, with cockpit "OFF" around 90fps, over water 100fps+. The graphic settings I am using are mainly high, with a couple on med. This sim certainly works better with SLI than ROF which is absolutely hopeless with broken graphics. The SLI patch is available at Nvidia. I am still trying different profiles to get the best results but am very happy so far. Those of you who are running SLI join the "SLI Club" if you haven't already, you may get some good information from there. Any one who is running 2 x GTX 460's and above should be getting great frame rates without hardly trying. How do I run ROF?? answer: - I disable SLI in Nvidia settings. If any one has a another way to get SLI running in ROF I would be happy to hear from them.

System Specs : -

AMD M4N98TD-EVO
Phenom 965 x 4core CPU (no o/c)
8gig Ram
1 Tb HDD (5 partitions)
GTS 450 x 2
700w P/S Cooler Master single rail 52a 12v+