PDA

View Full Version : HD TV and/or 3D?

FlyingPapy
08-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Salute to every one,
I am preparing to buy a new rig for COD. Would it be possible to use a large full HD TV at 1920 x 1080. Have some of you tried it? Also with the NVidia video card, would it be possible to play in 3D. Thanks every one.

FlyingPapy

Pyrres
08-25-2011, 05:29 PM
I´m using Panasonic 37" FullHD LCD as my mainmonitor and 32" FullHD LCD as my secondary monitor. No problems here. I know that real pc monitors would be better in many ways but I had these two just laying around so I decided it would be better than 22" LCD monitor and I´m loving these. Viewing distance is something like 60cm so yes I can sometimes see the pixels in some times but it does not bother me as it happens rarely.

SsSsSsSsSnake
08-25-2011, 06:30 PM
i used to use a 40" sony lcd at 1920x1080 ,i thought it looked pretty good till i went to a 27" hazro monitor at 2560x1440.unbelievable clarity and definition

Towarisch
08-25-2011, 06:40 PM
WOW....maaaan:cool: Thats cool. i have only a 24" ASUS Monitor. With NO Problems here. Grand, Great, Grandissimo;)

PS: Its a Full HD Monitor:-P

Have an nice weekend

Towarisch

Vengeanze
08-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Which one you think looks best?

- A 27'' monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440

- A 40'' TV with a resolution of 1920 x 1080

SsSsSsSsSnake
08-25-2011, 09:22 PM
not sure if your asking me Venge but the 27" is head and shoulders above the sony,only thing sony has is the size but too blocky sitting at about 3 feet away plus like a lot of the lcd's and monitors there is a coating which the hazro does not have so its like its been polished:)

=69.GIAP=Vladi
08-25-2011, 09:37 PM
full hd looks awesome, but trees are flickering extremly...
3d does not work :-(

distant
08-25-2011, 11:18 PM
If you wanted 3d, you should check the compatibility list on Nvidia web site as well.

FlyingPapy
08-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Thank you every one. For a simulation that I waited 4 years, you are right every one, a monitor with 2560 x 1440 is better and would give justice to that program. For the 3D, Distant, it is a good idea to check with Nvidia compatibility. I go now to check. Thanks.

-- FlyingPapy

SsSsSsSsSnake
08-26-2011, 06:46 AM
thanks Cheeshawk,the hazro's are a very good price,its the same screen as the Apple.dont expect the same quality from the stand and bezel etc and it has very few button controls but the main thing is the screen which is fantatstic.

my friend came to have a look and i was worried hed find a problem as he is super critical :)like dead pixel or bleed etc but 2 days later he ordered the same and he was usung the 24 inch ultra sharp dell.

well hes a big bfbc2 fan and he told me 2 days after getting the Hazro his kill death ratio had gone up by 40% and one server had banned him because they thought he had an aimbot.lol.

he recons the improvements was a combination of min input lag re the mouse movent etc and that he could spot enemies way off into the distance because the picture was so sharp and clear,he still is amazed at the price and quality of screen,hope you get one,if you do go for the glass free one as people complained that dust was getting trapped inbetween the glass and screen and the non glass fronted one like we have is just and sharp and clear as ive seen a glassed one.
cheers

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-013-HO&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

Vengeanze
08-26-2011, 09:41 AM
thanks Cheeshawk,the hazro's are a very good price,its the same screen as the Apple.dont expect the same quality from the stand and bezel etc and it has very few button controls but the main thing is the screen which is fantatstic.

my friend came to have a look and i was worried hed find a problem as he is super critical :)like dead pixel or bleed etc but 2 days later he ordered the same and he was usung the 24 inch ultra sharp dell.

well hes a big bfbc2 fan and he told me 2 days after getting the Hazro his kill death ratio had gone up by 40% and one server had banned him because they thought he had an aimbot.lol.

he recons the improvements was a combination of min input lag re the mouse movent etc and that he could spot enemies way off into the distance because the picture was so sharp and clear,he still is amazed at the price and quality of screen,hope you get one,if you do go for the glass free one as people complained that dust was getting trapped inbetween the glass and screen and the non glass fronted one like we have is just and sharp and clear as ive seen a glassed one.
cheers

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-013-HO&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

Guess I can't blame my low killratio on the screen then. :-(

Les
08-26-2011, 05:17 PM
...For the 3D, Distant, it is a good idea to check with Nvidia compatibility...

There are some pictures here showing nVidia 3D in Cliffs Of Dover - http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25422&page=4

Ignore the lack of 3D depth, as that can be adjusted, but notice the water doing strange things on the coastline, as well as the way the rivers seem to be rendered at higher than ground level. The shadows too don't seem to be rendering properly, not appearing to fall on objects but above them, and not looking the same in the left and right eye views.

Apparently there's no nVidia 3D profile for Cliffs Of Dover, that and the aforementioned bugs/incompatibilities would make me personally very wary of investing in nVidia 3D, for Cliffs Of Dover anyway.

BTW, that Hazro monitor looks like a great buy for those living in the UK. 27", S-IPS screen, 6ms response time, 2560x1440, is definitely a good combination at that price. Don't know about the brand though, and you'd need a good video card to run at that resolution without lowering in-game settings too much, but if I was in the UK and looking for a new monitor, I'd probably risk it.

SsSsSsSsSnake
08-26-2011, 05:28 PM
hi Les.my friend and i both had 480gtx's and were suprised how well all our current games ran,ive since changed to a 580 and have even more headroom.I guess hazrros not available where you are then usa?

Les
08-26-2011, 06:45 PM
...I guess hazrros not available where you are then usa?

I'm in Aus. Hazro's aren't readily available here. Looks like international sales are done directly somehow. Not looking for a monitor at the moment anyway, but like to keep track of what's around.

Just saw this thread - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18204986

Didn't read past the first page, but the Hazro rep says the monitors are assembled in the UK for quality assurance, and that they've dealt mostly with industrial customers in the past. Also mentioned the company has changed owners a couple of times. He confirmed the Dell/Apple thing too -

HZ27Wa LED glossy = same as Apple 27" Cinema Display
HZ27Wb CCFL matte panel = same as Dell U2711

Anyway...