PDA

View Full Version : The next big hardware updates (waiting) game and what to do

Dutch60
08-25-2011, 03:05 PM
My current system is a three years old.
Single loop water cooled system, under full load never hotter than 70C
Core i7 965 OC 4GHz
2x EVGA GTX 285 FTW with Aquagrafix water blocks

IL2 CoD runs good at medium graphics settings on one 30” monitor but I want to run it at the highest graphics settings on tree 30” monitors.

I know that the system that will bring the biggest performance improvement will naturally be the third option, but the big question will I need it to run IL2 CoD with three 30” monitors?
I really hate the waiting game and I don’t want to wait forever before I can start to enjoy IL2 CoD at the highest graphic settings, but I also want to be ready for the (hopefully) coming new iterations of the game or an official add-on like something called IL2 The Skye’s over Barbarossa .

What will help (me) the most a new set of GPU’s or a new CPU?

So the big question is go for it now, wait 3 months or wait 6 months?

Option 1: Upgrade NOW only replace the GPU’s

2x EVGA GTX 580 HC2 1.5GB (850MHz core) or 3.0GB (772MHz core)

Option 2: Upgrade Q4 2011

Intel Core i7 3960X OC (hopefully) 4.8 GHz with new motherboard LGA 2011 and X79

Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System Copper

Option 3: Upgrade Q1 2012

Intel Core i7 3960X OC (hopefully) 4.8 GHz with new motherboard LGA 2011 and X79

2x nVidia Kepler GTX ??? ??GB water cooled

Ze-Jamz
08-25-2011, 03:20 PM
My current system is a three years old.
Single loop water cooled system, under full load never hotter than 70C
Core i7 965 OC 4GHz
2x EVGA GTX 285 FTW with Aquagrafix water blocks

IL2 CoD runs good at medium graphics settings on one 30” monitor but I want to run it at the highest graphics settings on tree 30” monitors.

I know that the system that will bring the biggest performance improvement will naturally be the third option, but the big question will I need it to run IL2 CoD with three 30” monitors?
I really hate the waiting game and I don’t want to wait forever before I can start to enjoy IL2 CoD at the highest graphic settings, but I also want to be ready for the (hopefully) coming new iterations of the game or an official add-on like something called IL2 The Skye’s over Barbarossa .

So the big question is go for it now, wait 3 months or wait 6 months?

Option 1: Upgrade NOW only replace the GPU’s

Option 2: Upgrade Q4 2011

Option 3: Upgrade Q1 2012

2x nVidia Kepler GTX ??? ??GB water cooled

Well I would certainly wait to see what performance gains if any you get once the Devs have worked the magic..

If everything works Ok on Med now then im sure you can up your settings a bit at that time..then go for your last option, after all there will be some more options maybe available to you in regards to Hardware nearer the time..Q1 2012

335th_GRAthos
08-26-2011, 11:16 PM
I want to run it at the highest graphics settings on tree 30” monitors.

the big question will I need it to run IL2 CoD with three 30” monitors?

Well, you will have no joy running CoD on three monitors because COD does not (yet) support three monitor view as IL2FB used to do.
Any discussion on three monitor view is premature. Subsequently, if this is your main driver, you should wait.

If you are in urgent need to buy a new card (because your hands are itching) then the card to buy is the 580GTX 3Gb VRAM, nothing less.
One single card would be enough.

By the time CoD supports correctly three monitor view (if ever), then it will be the right time to buy two new graphics cards for SLI (and I am sure there will be better cards than the 580GTX by then).

my 2cents...

~S~