PDA

View Full Version : UI controls not working

zorlac
08-23-2011, 06:53 AM
User interface controls "Load" and "Save As..." under /Options/Controls/, are no longer working for me. Clicking them does nothing. I've also noticed that clicking "Select" under /Extras/Tracks/ has also stopped working.

I tried deleting confUser.ini, confs.ini and conf.ini from both "Steam" and "1C SoftClub" then verfiying file integrity through Steam. That didn't work so I uninstalled the game, deleted any remaining files/folders, ran a reg cleaner, rebooted and re-installed.

No luck.

Anyone else had this happen? Any ideas how I might fix this would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Zorlac

albx
08-23-2011, 07:00 AM
User interface controls "Load" and "Save As..." under /Options/Controls/, are no longer working for me. Clicking them does nothing. I've also noticed that clicking "Select" under /Extras/Tracks/ has also stopped working.

I tried deleting confUser.ini, confs.ini and conf.ini from both "Steam" and "1C SoftClub" then verfiying file integrity through Steam. That didn't work so I uninstalled the game, deleted any remaining files/folders, ran a reg cleaner, rebooted and re-installed.

No luck.

Anyone else had this happen? Any ideas how I might fix this would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Zorlac

I can save the controls settings, but no file is created...

zorlac
08-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Redundant interface controls? I'm sure this used to work. So "Save as", I could make a back up of the file in another disk location and then "Load" it from there or "Steam" or "1C SoftClub".

I negelected to mention that I had (not anymore) a modded version (kegetys, sound mods etc) in which this worked. Perhaps the kegetys.dll enabled this functionality?

Cheers!

Bokononist
08-23-2011, 08:08 AM

No luck.

Cheers,
Zorlac

The file are likely saved to the cloud, if you want to alter or delete them in the way you're talking about then uncheck the 'sync to cloud' option within the steam client.

Not sure why those options would have stopped working in the first place though, do you use Steam in offline mode?

tintifaxl
08-23-2011, 08:51 AM

The file selection windows don't show, when Aero is disabled. I think that's your problem.

adonys
08-23-2011, 09:00 AM
What tintifaxl said: IL2 CoD uses operating systems save/load window forms, and if you disabled one of the visual themes or desktop composition (can't remember exactly which of them), you can't use those anymore.

zorlac
08-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Bang! Spot on thanks tintifaxl and addonys.

Launcher.exe had both 'Disable visual themes' and 'Disable desktop composition' checked under <right-click> -> properties ->compatibility tab. I unchecked 'em and problem soved. Not sure how that happened!?!?!

Thanks all for the quick responses.

Cheers :-D

Blackdog_kt
08-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Let me guess, you disabled aero/desktop composition?

All of the functions you describe result in a windows "save as" or "load" pop-up, similar to the dialog boxes you would get when saving/loading a file in notepad.

If you have disabled aero graphics, windows can't overlay that pop-up on top of the game interface.

Enable aero/desktop composition (either globally via the control panel, or just for the sim by right-clicking on launcher.exe and going to its properties) and try it again.

Let me know if it works out for you, cheers ;-)

albx
08-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Let me guess, you disabled aero/desktop composition?

All of the functions you describe result in a windows "save as" or "load" pop-up, similar to the dialog boxes you would get when saving/loading a file in notepad.

If you have disabled aero graphics, windows can't overlay that pop-up on top of the game interface.

Enable aero/desktop composition (either globally via the control panel, or just for the sim by right-clicking on launcher.exe and going to its properties) and try it again.

Let me know if it works out for you, cheers ;-)

and my problem that the file is not created? what can I do?

adonys
08-23-2011, 10:39 AM
those settings are for optimization.

enable them to save whatever settings you have to save, then switch them on again.

zorlac
08-23-2011, 10:56 AM
@Blackdog_kt - I didin't have aero / desktop composition enabled globally only for Launcher.exe, so yes, unchecking those options fixed it.

@albx - are you running the game as administrator?

@adonys - really? does it make much of a performance difference?

LoBiSoMeM
08-23-2011, 11:57 AM

In your sign rig? No. ;)

albx
08-23-2011, 12:34 PM
@Blackdog_kt - I didin't have aero / desktop composition enabled globally only for Launcher.exe, so yes, unchecking those options fixed it.

@albx - are you running the game as administrator?

yes, of course. It let me choose the path and the filename, but the file is not created.

zorlac
08-24-2011, 06:51 AM
In your sign rig? No. ;)

Yeah guess so.
I didn't notice any performance decrease unchecking those boxes.

@albx - what are your specs?

albx
08-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Yeah guess so.
I didn't notice any performance decrease unchecking those boxes.

@albx - what are your specs?

AMD Phenom II X4 965BE OC@3.6ghz
DDR3 G.Skill eco 4gb
ATI Asus EAH6950 2GB shaders unlocked
Asrock 870 extreme3
Windows7 x64
Saitek X52pro (stick modded)
Freetrack ps3eye
Samsung 23" SyncMaster XL2370

zorlac
08-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Where are you trying to create the file and what is the extension?

e.g. X:\Games\IL2 Cliffs of Dover\Bak\my_controls.ini

albx
08-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Where are you trying to create the file and what is the extension?

e.g. X:\Games\IL2 Cliffs of Dover\Bak\my_controls.ini

anywhere...

zorlac
08-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Are the files hidden?