PDA

View Full Version : what a joke

tk471138
08-22-2011, 08:00 PM
So now when i try and select single mission from the menu, the game just freezes and stops responding (quick mission seems to work and so do all the others) I have to force the program to shut down through the process manager....it seems the long i have this game the more stuff that i find wrong with it...i mean this is basic stuff here, BASIC stuff...

hopefully you get these error reports or what ever is getting sent out after the fact...then again knowing how these windows computer technology is, i wouldnt doubt if these bug reports just get sent straight to Microsoft garbage bin...

wow now i cant even join the mission editor, it just open up the map with out any objects loaded, the map is full screen no menu bar or anything no mouse cursor...so much for starting mission from the mission builder....wow just wow when i started to use the smaller maps for my home made missions, to achieve better performance, the game breaks down...

Strike
08-22-2011, 08:58 PM
So now when i try and select single mission from the menu, the game just freezes and stops responding (quick mission seems to work and so do all the others) I have to force the program to shut down through the process manager....it seems the long i have this game the more stuff that i find wrong with it...i mean this is basic stuff here, BASIC stuff...

hopefully you get these error reports or what ever is getting sent out after the fact...then again knowing how these windows computer technology is, i wouldnt doubt if these bug reports just get sent straight to Microsoft garbage bin...

wow now i cant even join the mission editor, it just open up the map with out any objects loaded, the map is full screen no menu bar or anything no mouse cursor...so much for starting mission from the mission builder....wow just wow when i started to use the smaller maps for my home made missions, to achieve better performance, the game breaks down...

So this happened rather recently? As if the game "broke itself" ? I've had issues happen too, but deleting the "conf.ini, confs.ini and confUser.ini" (make backup) from both 1C softclub folder and the game root folder, then selecting "verify integrity of game cache" from the steam properties menu it "resets" and works a charm again :) I know it's a bug, but the community have tons of workarounds out here if you'd just read a little on it. That seems to be the only solution until MG straightens things out :)

Cheers

louisv
08-22-2011, 09:20 PM
There is a lot about this on the forums, obviously something is wrong with your installation, or you have hardware issues...or?...

When I installed it, everything went fine and so it did with the large majority of people, but I agree there are a lot of issues and the game can be frustrating when you set it up first as there are bugs aplenty.

Also be warned if you use the CEM, that there are four types of propellers that react differently etc...

The mix of bugs, ill chosen or non-existent defaults, illogical menu choices, and propeller and engine complexity is a little disconcerting at first...

But once that is done, it's a great game with issues that will be solved in the next few weeks...and months. I play at least an hour everyday and I love the amazing DM, and the satisfaction of hitting is the best aspect of this game.

But if the installation itself (North American release version in my case) doesn't go correctly, its not the game.

tk471138
08-23-2011, 12:19 AM
thanks for the help i will try deleting those files and then getting it to repair it self....yea these problems came out of no where it just happened, using the mission builder and going in to single missions menu to play them and check them, it worked last night and now today even after restarting my computer it still wont work....this is a joke...

seriously they are taking 2 months to make a sound fix patch...how about they fix the game it self, at this point they can have little 8bit nintendo beeps and i would be satisfied, as long as i can fly the plane with the damage model and so on...(also every realism setting EXCEPt FOR CEM is on) assuming i can actually play the game....

here is a hint and it dosent take much common sense...when the users cant even access the basic features of the game (such as being able to play it) they dont care about things like sound other other features that are extra beyond the game it self working as intended....

its like you make a movie, and the movie is a blank screen, but you spend all your time making sure the sound is good???

logic anyone???any one see any logic here???

louisv
08-23-2011, 01:12 AM
You seem to think that everybody has the same problem you have...but they don't.

tk471138
08-23-2011, 01:16 AM
so i just made a new mission, using the big map, just a simple tank attack mission. ran it from the mission builder as the single mission menu wont work...mission ran fine nothing really wrong with anything including the sounds...they arent great but it works....ok it works for a short while....another bug for the list would be the land turning black when i go really close to the ground and i have to climb about 5oo meter for it to go away...had a fun mission regardless of that annoying but rather harmless bug, flak that i had placed on the ground had killled me, and i closed the mission, the game had some sorta run time error and the program closed it self...i opened it again went to mission builder to open the map i just played, and i get the same or similar error and it closes the program...hope this helps you guy to fix it...i tried to be as detailed as possible...

tk471138
08-23-2011, 01:18 AM
You seem to think that everybody has the same problem you have...but they don't.

where did i say this...the only thing that i seem to think is that many people have random issues with this game (i also seem to think not very highly of you people as well, developers excluded, they are fine and i want something from them so i will be nice for now)....and these seem to be random issues...one day it works fine and the next its screwed up...of course since they are random errors, only a minority will have any given error at any given time...

sorak
08-23-2011, 01:23 AM

I think your wrong man.. The game has problems.. and ever so often I get crashes on load of a mission/map. The game is bugged to death. Dont act like he isnt bringing up valid points because there is other people that are having these problems and MUCH MANY more different problems.

Yeah we have learned to worked around them by now for the people who has had it much longer.. But what a pain in the ass it has been..

louisv
08-23-2011, 01:35 AM
I think your wrong man.. The game has problems.. and ever so often I get crashes on load of a mission/map. The game is bugged to death. Dont act like he isnt bringing up valid points because there is other people that are having these problems and MUCH MANY more different problems.

Yeah we have learned to worked around them by now for the people who has had it much longer.. But what a pain in the ass it has been..

I had crashes, I had problems and there are workarounds for some, I still have crashes but I can play it. The problems described here are that the game does not start. I can play it, I do and its fun but it does have a slew of bugs as did Il-2. If you fly A10-C since the start, you know it took months to iron out the bugs. Just be patient, when a dev makes a new visual system, its always rough the first year.

jayrc
08-23-2011, 01:37 AM
need to know your system specs if you want any help, are you running the game in dx9, what operating system?

louisv
08-23-2011, 01:47 AM
so i just made a new mission, using the big map, just a simple tank attack mission. ran it from the mission builder as the single mission menu wont work...mission ran fine nothing really wrong with anything including the sounds...they arent great but it works....ok it works for a short while....another bug for the list would be the land turning black when i go really close to the ground and i have to climb about 5oo meter for it to go away...had a fun mission regardless of that annoying but rather harmless bug, flak that i had placed on the ground had killled me, and i closed the mission, the game had some sorta run time error and the program closed it self...i opened it again went to mission builder to open the map i just played, and i get the same or similar error and it closes the program...hope this helps you guy to fix it...i tried to be as detailed as possible...

That sounds like a memory problem. How much of it do you have on the GPU and your main RAM...At what settings are you playing the game ?

If you have less than 4GB and/or less than 1GB on the GPU and you use high settings or more (especially textures on original), then that would be a possibility.

ATAG_Doc
08-23-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm curious as to what your system specs are.

tk471138
08-23-2011, 05:33 AM
well part of the problem is i use dx9 and win xp 32bit, i have heard that would help

my settings
1920x1080 monitors native res
full screen set to ON
model detail high
building " low
land " med
forest very low
vis effect med
texture quality original (dont know what this is original vs high medium and low, i must have missed the memo that explained it)
AA off
epilepsy off
ssao unchecked
vsync unchecked
damage decals medium
building amount low
land shading medium
grass and shadows box not selected (off)
roads on

specs
amd athlon 64 x2 6400+ 3200 mhz am2 on asus m2nsli delux
500watt psu antec
3.37 gb ram, pc2-5300 (4 G installed, again im on 32 bit win xp sp3, been meaning to ask on asus forum how others with my board have done with getting win 7 and getting drivers and compatibility and so on)
evga nvidia geforce gts 450 1gb (got it for free from evga)

obviously not much is worth upgrading, i might as well start out with new motherboard capable of higher speed ram and newer CPU, probably when i get out of college in a year. my system should be adequate to play the game i would imagine.

I can play the game fine especially on the smaller maps, and not over the cities...and it was indeed good fun once i realized i should give it another go and use my own little created missions, i was in fact quite pleased that i could finally shelve 1946 for the time being. Its not playing the game that seems to be ruined although artifacts and other such things tend to appear, i can live with those while they fix things. Its when i say open a map up on the mission builder that it screws up or when i press single missions nothing appears, i press altf4 and the little "close program, yes/now box comes up, and it goes to half of what single missions window should have. What is not displayed is the left side which is the list of missions,a random mission is selected...it dosent have much to do with my system im pretty sure the taxing part is playing the game not transitioning between menus...

jayrc
08-23-2011, 05:48 AM
try lowering your resolution and change your textures to med for now till they patch it some more

Blackdog_kt
08-23-2011, 08:54 AM
need to know your system specs if you want any help, are you running the game in dx9, what operating system?

Exactly. The sim has more problems when running in windows XP.

In my case, i have a two year old PC (i7 920 at stock 2.7 Ghz, Ati 4890 1GB, 3GB RAM) and it runs fine under win7 x64 on DX10 mode, using mostly medium settings at a 1680x1050 resolution.

I've had no random crashes, no CTDs, no problems at all in terms of stability and a solid 25-60 FPS (capped due to Vsync) depending on the terrain i'm flying over and regardless of amount of aircraft present for the most part, ever since the first couple of patches were applied. Heck, i don't even get the sound bug when flying online and my RAM and vRAM use is topped out pretty much the entire time when i'm flying.

As for the sound bug, the reason it takes so long is that they are not fixing only that bug, they are redoing the entire sound engine along with the samples from scratch.

I agree it's frustrating for some and many people have problems. I just don't think this is a majority like it was in the early days and it shows from the kind of bug reports we get: it went from a majority of "i can't run the sim at all in a stable manner" to "please fix gameplay feature X", which pretty much means the majority of people are actually flying.

I suppose in another 3-6 months we'll be having a blast, especially if they keep working on it at a similar pace. Until then, reading the technical guides and the FAQ threads can help people get some enjoyment out of it until further improvements are made.

sorak
08-23-2011, 09:02 AM
I had crashes, I had problems and there are workarounds for some, I still have crashes but I can play it. The problems described here are that the game does not start. I can play it, I do and its fun but it does have a slew of bugs as did Il-2. If you fly A10-C since the start, you know it took months to iron out the bugs. Just be patient, when a dev makes a new visual system, its always rough the first year.

I know all about the old IL-2 and other sims that have bugs at the start. I have full patients with this sim.. you have to.. and thats what I was saying in the first place.