PDA

View Full Version : New HD video from the latest Alpha test of World of Planes

Mysticpuma
08-21-2011, 01:26 AM
What I like about this Alpha is that if you run it a few times you occasionally see different camera angles from the scenes.

With that in mind I ran the test a couple of times and put together this 5-minute video to some 'inspiring' music!

If you register at Yuplay you can download and test the Alpha yourself, but if you don't feel like it, here is the video showing just a few of the aircraft and effects coming soon!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk71/Mysticpuma/World%20of%20Planes%20Images/Sequence19-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk71/Mysticpuma/World%20of%20Planes%20Images/Sequence47-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk71/Mysticpuma/World%20of%20Planes%20Images/Sequence23-1.jpg

These pix by GloDark;

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab356/GloPix/WoPlanes02.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab356/GloPix/WoPlanes04.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab356/GloPix/WoPlanes05.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF7Sfe3Df6c

Cheeers, MP

banned
08-21-2011, 02:13 AM
If it has full CEM and awesome damage modelling then it will be a winner. Will be interesting if it goes towards an arcade game or a simulator game. A bloke at work is right into World of Tanks (His unit is currently world champs). He reckons the tanks are well modelled and it's more a sim than an arcade game.
We'll see I suppose.
I still hope CloD gets to what it wants to be though. I'd rather CloD at the moment. :grin:

Troll2k
08-21-2011, 03:07 AM
It looks like it is just a benchmark.It interrogates your system and runs the test.It then phones home to tell mommy how well your hardware ran their game.

World of Planes – Time to check your system!

Gaijin Entertainment thanks you for your interest in World of Planes. We are working very hard on the project and are already running internal tests of a future Beta version. But here’s the thing: PCs come in thousands of different configurations and as you can imagine, to make a game work well on all of them is an extremely difficult task. That’s why we need your help! In order to tune the Beta even before releasing it we have made a special World of Planes Direct X9 Benchmark. This program will allow you to see a part of World of Planes and us to test the performance of your computer. The benchmark will send us your settings and test results which will give us an idea on how we are doing with the current version and what needs to be done before release. To participate in the World of Planes benchmark, please register for it at YUPLAY.com !

http://www.worldofplanesgame.com/en/news/

ElAurens
08-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Like World of Tanks, it's an arcade game, emphasis on game.

NedLynch
08-21-2011, 03:39 AM
Yeah, well, the video sure does not give any clues about sim vs. arcade.
The logo on their website looks too much like wings of prey, so too arcadey for me I guess.

Havoc04
08-21-2011, 03:55 AM
Liked the Flak explosions :)

machoo
08-21-2011, 05:03 AM
It looks alright but you can make anything look cool with editing.

albx
08-21-2011, 05:29 AM

It's real time, I downloaded the benchmark, runs very well... but you can't judge if it's an arcade or a sim from that... it's still an alpha. The visibility distance seems very very low.. so maybe will be like Wings of prey with some new features... but i like very much the clouds

Jaws2002
08-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Just ran the day time benchmark. Max settings, 1680x1050 (native resolution) average 105 frames, minimum 68.

The lighting is cool, the planes have nice skins, cool, a bit over done flak, crappy water, the clouds look awfully low resolution and very short visibility range.
Gave me the feeling you are playing in a fishbowl, with clouds painted on the walls.:|

snwkill
08-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Yea wasn't impressed from that short video, I didn't see ANY damage modeling, and I saw a plane start spinning out of control simply from smoke with no wing damage...

Winger
08-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Really looks like some competition. As sa preposter said. DM, CEM and most important the FM will decide if this game can be successfull among simmers. The MMO part is certainly a REALLY big advantage too.

Winger

Winger
08-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Yea wasn't impressed from that short video, I didn't see ANY damage modeling, and I saw a plane start spinning out of control simply from smoke with no wing damage...

Alpha... They advertise with DM so i think itll bee added later.

Winger

6BL Bird-Dog
08-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Cool Vid MP, Thanks.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Really looks like some competition. As sa preposter said. DM, CEM and most important the FM will decide if this game can be successfull among simmers. The MMO part is certainly a REALLY big advantage too.

Winger

My guess is that when they make it MMO then it won't be a sim. Or why did all the other sim producers not manage to have huge players online at the same time. My guess is that despite the advances in computer technology a flight sim is still very demanding, particularly when with every new generation of flight sim new and more realistic features for FM, DM and graphics are included (which I highly welcome). So for my part I would not expect too much a sim than a game. From the screens and the vids I've seen I also don't like the Hollywood-like "enhanced" visuals which for me is not "enhanced" but regressed as it looks less real.

If one day a realistic flight sim will be capable of MMO, this would be great (at least if the player agreed to play real large operations). If it is just ordinary the furbal game, I am not so much interested in the MMO capability.

mazex
08-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Wow - that was a really well done video! Professional quality for sure.

I don't know how I will like the game itself though but I have to admit that I really enjoy playing both World of Tanks and Combat Mission Battle for Normandy so if I can go both ways with tanks then why not with planes? I do own Wings of Pray but have not played it more than a few hours... Somehow missions where you shoot down 14 He-111:s is not my cup of tea. But if they get the multi player to work like in WoT then why not?

Will have to try that alpha...

Kupsised
08-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Just to clarify, since I saw a few people mention world of tanks in this thread, but also since this is something I've been a bit confused about my self, but world of planes is not done by the people who did World of Tanks.

Here's the thing, there are two games in development at the moment, both focusing on MMO World War II (and slightly pre-WWII and also slightly beyond) aircraft, one in development by the guys who did World of Tanks (which is called World of Warplanes) and the other in development by those that did Wings of Prey (that being just called World of Planes, and that being the one that this alpha video is from).

To be honest it seems a bit of an odd decision on either one of their parts to name the games almost essentially the same, depending on who came up with the name first. I suppose since World of Tanks has been around a while they could claim to have more 'right' to the name, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a name change before release from one of them.

I could be totally wrong, so please correct me if I am, but that's how I understand it right now. I'm fairly interested in both games depending on how arcady they turn out to be, and that's how I found out (after signing up for the World of Planes Beta thinking it was World of Warplanes and then finding out that it wasn't, but not being all too bothered.)

Pluto
08-21-2011, 09:05 AM
... not impressed at all ! Sorry.

As I wrote already before somewhere (and dont get tired of doing so!)

Gaijin doesent make any sims, they just make "games".

They may call it a sim to attract some idiots like me to buy it, but it is far from beeing a simulation! It is even far from beeing a good game!

Here a good example for what they make:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVKejaCDIaM

If that is a sim, then "MarioKart" is a serious and realistic racing simulator, haha...

- - forget it ! ! ! - - -

:rolleyes:

Mysticpuma
08-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the feedback chaps. Please remember this really is Alpha stage graphics testing. The Developers are looking at benchmarks to see how much they can push systems before they start to fall over.

They are actively replying to feedback and listening to their customers before they even move on to a Beta test.

It is also worth saying the above statement that this is from Gaijin and called "World of Planes" not "World of Warplanes" is correct.

Regarding damage modelling, did anyone see the two P-38's collide with one losing a wing tip and tumbling away?

So there is at this stage already 'Alpha' damage modelling.

When did anyone here get a chance to play the Alpha of a Flight Sim and offer feedback well in advance of release? Actually....best not answer that ;)

Cheers, MP

Mysticpuma
08-21-2011, 09:14 AM

Actually this is what you would see if you ran the Alpha benchmark, the only editing I did was to remove the loading screen and the logo from the bottom. I also ran the benchmark a couple of times as you see the scenes on some occasions from a different angle. I then added music instead of the in-game sounds and music as the editing process interfered with the audio accuracy.

However what you see is what you get and this is in-game graphics at an early Alpha stage of development.

At-least the Developer's want the end-user to help them get it right...now there's customer relations!

Cheers, MP

Ze-Jamz
08-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Looks Arcade to me fellas...But i agree you cant really make accurate assumptions yet

Mysticpuma
08-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Draw distance looks promising at this 'Alpha' stage and there is also the option of an animated Pilot ;)

http://i.imgur.com/PFbpL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ev80T.jpg

http://www.worldofplanesgame.com/upload/image/media/screenshots/004.jpg

MD_Titus
08-21-2011, 10:07 AM
world of planes looks kind of promising actually, from those pictures at least.
not sure how world of warplanes will pan out, although guessing it'll follow a similar path as world of tanks/warships.

If it has full CEM and awesome damage modelling then it will be a winner. Will be interesting if it goes towards an arcade game or a simulator game. A bloke at work is right into World of Tanks (His unit is currently world champs). He reckons the tanks are well modelled and it's more a sim than an arcade game.
We'll see I suppose.
I still hope CloD gets to what it wants to be though. I'd rather CloD at the moment. :grin:

lol

not a chance.

it's most certainly a game. it may have calculations regarding penetration, armour angles, overmatching etc, but the layout is all arcade. a lot of things have been adjusted from historical values for balance, or you get tanks that are mismatched in terms of historical opponents. also, tanks with hitpoints? the 88/L56 being unable to oneshot shermans and t34s? mounting schmalturm on PZIVs? engagement ranges unusual above 3-400m?

game.

robtek
08-21-2011, 10:24 AM
As the developers of World of Planes already have said that the mapsize will be similar to Wings of Prey one can see how far the "simulation" goes!

kedrednael
08-21-2011, 10:40 AM

Since the ships seem to have better damage models as the planes in this video, I think they'll add more DM for the planes :-P

I think I'll buy this game when it's out, at least my computer can handle it.

pupo162
08-21-2011, 10:51 AM
http://www.worldofplanesgame.com/upload/image/media/screenshots/006.jpg

pilot in the cockpit!

BIG plus.

Skoshi Tiger
08-21-2011, 12:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PFbpL.jpg
QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pupo162;325744][url]

pilot in the cockpit!

BIG plus.

"Ummm! whats showing on that dial on the left ???? better reduce the thottle so I can see the guage!!!!"

Not so big a plus!

Also it could be my old eyes but it's fairly hard to read the blurred guages. Luckly the rest of the cockpit is fairly crisp!

Mysticpuma
08-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi Skoshi, I think I said it was an 'Optional' Pilot? Maybe it could be just switched on for replays?

Also there will be 6-DoF so just lean a little to the left ;)

Cheers, MP

philip.ed
08-21-2011, 01:24 PM
As the developers of World of Planes already have said that the mapsize will be similar to Wings of Prey one can see how far the "simulation" goes!

IIRC, they also stated this was due to the online nature of the game. They said there's nothing wrong with maps 300KM by 300KM or something like that

It looks ok, the atmospherics and terrain textures look nice, but nothing exceptional at this stage. Oh the other hand, they have produced a fair amount of promising details considering this is alpha, compared to the CloD alpha product of 2008/9.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. You can never have too many sims (if one can call this a sim, but I won't flame at this stage). it is funny to see CloD fan-bois flaming this product; the same hypocrites who moan at others for pointing out issues with CloD. :cool:

pupo162
08-21-2011, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=Mysticpuma;325729]http://i.imgur.com/PFbpL.jpg
QUOTE]

"Ummm! whats showing on that dial on the left ???? better reduce the thottle so I can see the guage!!!!"

Not so big a plus!

Also it could be my old eyes but it's fairly hard to read the blurred guages. Luckly the rest of the cockpit is fairly crisp!

thats what i bought a track ir for. regarding the after effects well, thats why i didnt bought WOP.

M1sF1rE
08-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Like World of Tanks, it's an arcade game, emphasis on game.

As usual people on this forum have no idea what their talking about. The guys who made "world of tanks" are making "world of WARplanes".

This is "world of planes". Made by the same guys who did "wings of prey".

They already said it would be more simulation based than WOP.

I hope you feel educated now.....

whatnot
08-21-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm happy for any movement on the WW2 plane genre. But it would be tough to jump to a pit of that quality after the luxury we have with CloD. But I assume they're trying to make a fun gaming experience out of the title, not a realistic simulation for the rivet counters like I assume most of us are.

But hey, that could be fun for a change.. jump in to a fast-paced WW2 MMO in the sky.

Jaws2002
08-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Why are they using such low resolution clouds.:rolleyes:
With bigger maps and increased visibility range, higher resolution 3d clouds and of course room for a lot of people, this game could actually be fun.

addman
08-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Always with the "bash-anything-that's-not-a-sim" attitude here. This could be a good thing for the sim genre, people who will try these MMO's might open their eyes for simming and move on to other more challenging sims e.g CloD. I also don't understand why one can't enjoy both, I love to play WoT as much as I like to play CloD/DCS: A-10. They are different types of experiences, quick instant fun of WoT. Deep, challenging and rewarding simming from DCS: A-10/CloD. Open minds people!

Robotic Pope
08-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Always with the "bash-anything-that's-not-a-sim" attitude here. This could be a good thing for the sim genre, people who will try these MMO's might open their eyes for simming and move on to other more challenging sims e.g CloD. I also don't understand why one can't enjoy both, I love to play WoT as much as I like to play CloD/DCS: A-10. They are different types of experiences, quick instant fun of WoT. Deep, challenging and rewarding simming from DCS: A-10/CloD. Open minds people!

+1

Gaijin has done the genre and the IL-2 brand a lot of good already with Birds/Wings of prey and are not given enough credit here for giving people a starting point and an easier difficulty curve. I personaly know 5 people that are now Il-2 1946/CofD addicts that were intoduced to the genre by Birds of Prey on console alone.

The sim elitest snobery shown by a few people in this thread does no help at all to the genre and is the reason some of my friends are maybe even embarresed to say where they started off in fear of being belittled.

Well i'm not scared to say I still enjoy playing Birds of Prey on xbox just as much as I enjoy flying full realism on Il-2 1946 and will enjoy flying CofD and World of Planes when I get round to building a new pc. In fact just the other day I went from full realism on 1946 one minute to blasting about and having fun in Blazing Angels 2 the next, and you can't get much more arcade than that lol.

GOA_Potenz
08-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Well AA works, sound is way better than CloD...

and it's alpha ;-)

Ekar
08-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Why are they using such low resolution clouds.:rolleyes:

I've just run the benchmark and it looks like the clouds are actually some kind of volumetric, procedural system rather than a normal image/sprite based representation. No, it's not totally convincing visually but it nonetheless looks interesting. Hopefully they can tweak things to look a bit more realistic in time.

robtek
08-21-2011, 09:51 PM
For me 32 Players is no MMO !

droz
08-21-2011, 10:48 PM
World of Planes and World of Warplanes are two different games, two different developers.

World of Planes is by the same people who did Wings of Prey.

World of Warplanes is by the World of Tanks people.

Confusing, yes. Two different games.

GloDark7
08-21-2011, 11:47 PM
For me 32 Players is no MMO !

Perhaps not, but how many MMO's have complex flight model physics for each player? I guess WoPlanes will be using the same licensed FM's (updated from IL-2 4.0.5) that currently exist in WoPrey. Would thousands of aircraft, with the computations involved, work in the air at the same time? Even if that were possible, what sort of an instant death mega-furball would that be?

I prefer the idea of a parallel worlds type scenario. Want to fight over a particular area, choose from one of many 32 player split servers that contribute to the entire campaign covering that area. No overcrowding but potentially 100's to 1000's involved.

I'm sure the devs even said that it was possible to have 64 players.

Speaking of snobbery, how long before the 'Greenpuke Troll' arrives?

esmiol
08-21-2011, 11:56 PM
i still don't understand what this thread do here?

WOP is not an 1C game... it is not a simulation...

stop please... go to dedicated forum to speak about arcade games please

Mysticpuma
08-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Sorry esmiol, it was thought that people who enjoyed CloD and WW2 flight sims, may actually be interested to hear of other software that they can enjoy?

I mean FRAPS isn't a piece of flight sim software but it gets talked about? Do we really have to be so blinkered?

Cheers, MP

Skoshi Tiger
08-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Hi Skoshi, I think I said it was an 'Optional' Pilot? Maybe it could be just switched on for replays?

Also there will be 6-DoF so just lean a little to the left ;)

Cheers, MP

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure having a visible pilot will make your already excellent videos even better.

[QUOTE=Skoshi Tiger;325760]

thats what i bought a track ir for. regarding the after effects well, thats why i didnt bought WOP.

I've got a Track IR which I bought to enhance my immersion into the game. Even with a Track IR I would be flying with the pilot off.

I don't fly with my hand on the Throttle all the time, I access the keyboard and flick switches on my home brew controls panel. Frankly, having to look around my own hand, or having to watch an animation of a zombie hand go through the motions of flicking a switch after I've already done it would kill it for me.

Cheers!

Chivas
08-22-2011, 03:59 AM
I downloaded the benchmark, and I realize this a DX9 benchmark but the graphics are poor for even DX9. It should look alot better when they enable DX10 or higher. I'm also concerned about the size of the maps especially when the developer said they don't think larger maps are needed. I know the size of the BOB map in WOP is totally useless for quality game play.

tintifaxl
08-22-2011, 04:54 AM
Sorry esmiol, it was thought that people who enjoyed CloD and WW2 flight sims, may actually be interested to hear of other software that they can enjoy?

I mean FRAPS isn't a piece of flight sim software but it gets talked about? Do we really have to be so blinkered?

Cheers, MP

I can't imagine anyone who likes simulations wants to fly using the mouse and keyboard. That's what's supported by this game. Ymmv, of course.

Mysticpuma
08-22-2011, 07:13 AM
I can't imagine anyone who likes simulations wants to fly using the mouse and keyboard.

But all CloD pilots fly using Mouse and Keyboard + Joystick, Pedals, TrackIR? Fortunately World of Planes supports all of these too ;) win,win,win,win situation ;)

shoot_the_goose
08-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Seriously I may have argued which sim was more realistic ten years ago , but I’ve got too much grey hair for that now. Grown men playing with computer generated mass market planes convinced it’s realistic………..don’t think so.:-P

6S.Manu
08-22-2011, 07:49 PM
The flames! why can't they model some good flames!?!?!?

skouras
08-22-2011, 08:22 PM
i still don't understand what this thread do here?

WOP is not an 1C game... it is not a simulation...

stop please... go to dedicated forum to speak about arcade games please

agree ;-)

tintifaxl
08-22-2011, 09:18 PM
But all CloD pilots fly using Mouse and Keyboard + Joystick, Pedals, TrackIR? Fortunately World of Planes supports all of these too ;) win,win,win,win situation ;)

From the Q&A of gaijin:

Q: ... Will Arcade players fly with the same FMs? Will Arcade players be able to fly without joysticks?

A: ... Of course it's better to have a joystick, because it's much better to fly with it. But it will still be possible to fly with keyboard and mouse only. The mouse is not such a bad controller and quite precise, preferably the three button ones. .... Recently I've been only playing with mouse and keyboard.

Not a sim in my eyes and absolutly not comparable to CoD. But maybe a nice game, who knows?

furbs
08-22-2011, 09:23 PM
I hope they sell thousands of copy's, more people we get into flying games the better.

im going to buy a copy myself.

JG52Krupi
08-22-2011, 09:32 PM
I hope they sell thousands of copy's, more people we get into flying games the better.

im going to buy a copy myself.

I kind of agree but its not a true sim and very few ppl have the patience to learn how to fly full CEM :(

SiThSpAwN
08-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Dunno if this has been pointed out yet, but someone referenced World of Planes with World of Tanks, that isnt the case... World of Warplanes is from the makers of World of Tanks, and World of Planes is from the makers of Wings of Prey... confused yet? :D

World of Warplanes will be a free download, and you can buy a premium account and gold and all that like World of Tanks, not sure what the story is with World of Planes.

JG52Krupi
08-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Dunno if this has been pointed out yet, but someone referenced World of Planes with World of Tanks, that isnt the case... World of Warplanes is from the makers of World of Tanks, and World of Planes is from the makers of Wings of Prey... confused yet? :D

World of Warplanes will be a free download, and you can buy a premium account and gold and all that like World of Tanks, not sure what the story is with World of Planes.

World of Planes (WOP) is made by the same guys as Wings of Prey (WOP) just to add to the confusion :P

SiThSpAwN
08-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Then there is WoB, World of Battleships... from the makers of WoT, World of Tanks, who are also working on WoW... World of Warplanes... not to be confused with WoW World of Warcraft which you can play an Orc, but not with a flightstick...

JG52Krupi
08-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Im gonna make a game called WOA (World of Acronyms) :P

SiThSpAwN
08-22-2011, 09:48 PM

Let me know when beta signup is! :P

LoBiSoMeM
08-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Nice and fast graphic engine, like WoP. Let's see if we'll have dedicated server and can land/takeoff during MP gamelay...

Das Attorney
08-23-2011, 12:00 AM

Will it be an arcadey acronym experience, or more of an acronym sim? ;)

ElAurens
08-23-2011, 02:47 AM

Already been done, it's called DCS A10.

icarus
08-23-2011, 03:44 AM
alpha benchmark runs smooth as silk and looks pretty good for an alpha. AA on full @ 2560 x 1600 and all on hghest settings = 123.3 average fps. Look forward to its release.

Ataros
08-23-2011, 07:02 AM
We should all become active participants of their forums and then promote CloD when they gather enough audience :grin:

Mysticpuma
08-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Well 1C have already released there Alpha and many people have paid to test it, at-least Gaijin made there's free ;)

Gourmand
08-23-2011, 07:38 AM
whoot? pacific war? and man in the carrier near the plane for release the gear !!!
why COD don't make it too :cry:

Blackdog_kt
08-23-2011, 09:17 AM

Already been done, it's called DCS A10.

Not trying to slight DCS or anything, but this is funny because it's probably true. All those fancy J-acronyms like JTAC, JDAM, J this, J that (seems that everything is a "joint something" today :grin:) are actually getting me to the point of memory overload and i get more confused trying to remember what each one means than finding it helpful in a hurry, i think it's because we've gone from 2-3 letter acronyms to "turn a sentence into an acronym" :-P

On a serious note, i would love to try some DCS action because i'm a systems simulation freak, but this acronym business (to the point of even renaming things that have been around for ages to conform to the new system, which confuses me further) is the reason i haven't bought either of the two games. I would get all masochist trying to learn it and do things properly and then i fear my head would explode :grin:

SNAFU
08-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Then you should go for DCS Blackshark. The acronyms are kept in russian / cyrillic letters. :grin:

... and I don´t even try to remember them, you just need to know, which switch is responsible for what, and why... :cool:

esmiol
08-23-2011, 10:43 AM
whoot? pacific war? and man in the carrier near the plane for release the gear !!!
why COD don't make it too :cry:

because it is easier to do on an arcade game gourmand :) you have other priority to devellop on a sims :)

but if it was possible i thing it will be great too :)

ChrisDNT
08-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Why all these video and screenshot makers are always using too wide focals, what makes aircraft look like ridiculous bananas ?

LoBiSoMeM
08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
The funny thing:

- I bought Wings Of Prey. Good graphics engine, but lousy FM, DM, gameplay, no dedicated servers, poor ground units, air start...

And Gaijin almost drop development of this "alpha" of World Of Planes... :)

People blame Maddox Games for lot of things... We are all voluntary guinea pigs! And we PAY for that! LOL!

philip.ed
08-23-2011, 08:13 PM
To the poster above; it's all relevent on how the game is marketed. WoP never promised anything more than that. CloD did.

It's like moaning why CoD isn't similar to Arma.

LoBiSoMeM
08-23-2011, 08:46 PM
To the poster above; it's all relevent on how the game is marketed. WoP never promised anything more than that. CloD did.

It's like moaning why CoD isn't similar to Arma.

A big LOL now...

Please... Have a look at "to do" things in WoP forums and stop talking nonsense... :-P

http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/topic/515-to-do-list-known-issues-and-suggestions/

Since first month we hear these things, just to point some:

"Features requested and planned:
* dedicated server
* votes
* mission editor
* quick mission editor
* plane customizations"

"Planned" until today... And a lot of thigs "done" are porked... Let's face it: WoP was sold, the "community" requests are not put in the sim, but in other title. To me it's OK. I don't take my pants off because i payed 50 bucks in some software, but some here "dislike" MG long support for their "alpha sims".

I love it! I fly in IL-2 1946 until today! :cool:

philip.ed
08-23-2011, 09:11 PM
+1 to your comment about 1946, but these details you mention were not promised before release, unlike the one's for CloD.
It's like moaning why RoF didn't ship with the Bris-Fit. There's a major difference between promising details and not delivering, and then adding extra details later.

I do agree, though, that many of these perceived extras for WoP should have shipped with the game. And they are taken a long time to deliever. But any promises the WoP team made don't come close to Oleg's (until now) fictitious claims.

LoBiSoMeM
08-23-2011, 09:31 PM
+1 to your comment about 1946, but these details you mention were not promised before release, unlike the one's for CloD.
It's like moaning why RoF didn't ship with the Bris-Fit. There's a major difference between promising details and not delivering, and then adding extra details later.

I do agree, though, that many of these perceived extras for WoP should have shipped with the game. And they are taken a long time to deliever. But any promises the WoP team made don't come close to Oleg's (until now) fictitious claims.

Please... WoP don't made any "promises".. Ok... Just gives nothing. I prefer "Oleg's fictious claims". By the way, CloD now is better than WoP will ever be. And I spent less money in CloD.

Some people here are just like little babies crying for nothing, without any patience...

I have some fun in WoP looking at the good graphics, do all SP missions, don't see fun in MP with brainless direct connect airquake, and get rid of it. I don't cry so much, after saw in forums that Gaijin wasn't doing so much for the title. I'm glad they "abandon" WoP and invest in this new game, keeping and improving their very good game engine.

Meanwhile, MG are working in bigger, more complete and complex war scenario, with it's contents and game engine. We need to wait more.

People appears that wants that CloD will be some kind af "abandonware" or something... Will be a long series of titles, it's plain clear. With a strong engine.

To someone that are not a complete stupid, of course... ;)