PDA

View Full Version : Turning on game features in Config ???

smink1701
08-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Just noticed a post about going into the config file and turning on humans. I didn't know you could do this and I'm probably not alone. Was wondering what other game enhancing items can be turned on in the config. Thanks!

NedLynch
08-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Same question here. There are some that are rather obvious, like in another thread about spawn humans, it's either 0 or 1, but there are some where I think maybe they give you a performance boost or have different values to make things look different (water -1?).
I have been changing some things, one at a time to see what it does, some where not noticable (usefog), some might just be remants from an earlier stage of the game?, some had a not so good effect on being able to run the game (megatextures).
So if anyone else has tinkered around with these a little bit and has some good or bad experiences it would be very appreciated if you shared.:-)

Vengeanze
08-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Read yesterday about this guy who switched water off to gain a few frames (set water=).
Nothing I'd do but guess good to know.

jcenzano
08-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Read yesterday about this guy who switched water off to gain a few frames (set water=).
Nothing I'd do but guess good to know.

That´s exactly what germas would have needed back on 1940. Set water=0 and proceed with the ground lion!!!!!! :confused:

Vengeanze
08-20-2011, 04:24 PM
That´s exactly what germas would have needed back on 1940. Set water=0 and proceed with the ground lion!!!!!! :confused:

Set Water = Ice then call Rommel. :)

Continu0
08-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Beeing on that topic, a short question:

Some weeks ago there were discussions about the config.ini-entry "Processaffinitymask=".(in the rts-section) Changing that one made the system use multiple cores.

I recognised that i don´t have a Processaffinitymask at all in my config.ini, even if I install everything again.

Is this normal? was it removed with the last patch? How about you?

NedLynch
08-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Don't have it either.
After reading the posts about it I manually added it with a value of 15 for my 4 core processor, but it did not have any positive impact, rather to the contrary. I did not play around with any other values, like going for 3 processors.
Didn't the last patch notes say something about multicore support now?
Going to read up on it.

NedLynch
08-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Hmmm...didn't find it in the last patch notes...

NedLynch
08-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Ok, found an older thread about this.
Luthier said the game does use all cores. Someone monitored it and confirmed, while the workload does not seem spread evenly over all cores.
So this should be optimized in time with a patch, maybe together with the next announced one with all the graphics improvements.

Blackdog_kt
08-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Correct, the affinity mask setting was removed from conf.ini along with a lot of other left-over parameters from the development phase. It was a few patches back, somewhere around May.

Continu0
08-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Ok

thx for reconfirmig it!

I hope this is fixed within the next patch. I am almost sure this would improve my framerate a lot:).

justme262
08-21-2011, 01:31 PM
The beta patch before last turned on reflections on exterior models. But the officail patch removed it again. I liked it very much and it didn't seem to cost too much fps. I wish I knew how to turn that back on.