PDA

View Full Version : Omg

alsevillajr
08-20-2011, 04:12 AM
I was able to get in a few games in by creating games on arcade!!!...one or two people popped in every time...I could not even get a shot in most of the time...need Yoda

bobbysocks
08-20-2011, 06:29 AM
if you have been playing real or sim for a decent amount of time then then jump into arcade that will happen....at least it does for me. every blue moon i will get into an arcade game and get my butt not just kicked but thrashed horribly!!! going back i think is way worse than trying to switch from like real to sim.....

alsevillajr
08-20-2011, 07:26 AM
if you have been playing real or sim for a decent amount of time then then jump into arcade that will happen....at least it does for me. every blue moon i will get into an arcade game and get my butt not just kicked but thrashed horribly!!! going back i think is way worse than trying to switch from like real to sim.....

This my first time on line...Like all the good sense of flying smooth is out the window...Some of them are just that good???? Or I just suck...they're on your 6 guns blazing and impossible to lose them...after you crash...they're on you again...

olife
08-20-2011, 10:51 AM
This my first time on line...Like all the good sense of flying smooth is out the window...Some of them are just that good???? Or I just suck...they're on your 6 guns blazing and impossible to lose them...after you crash...they're on you again...

hello alsevillajr

u know the first time online is always difficult,and it is difficult all the time even after many years of practice ,but stay patient and u will see ...days per days u will become deadly.
good hunting,good luck and u can be sure u will be very good with practice!continue to play!

sincerely
olife

McQ59
08-20-2011, 11:59 AM

I can second that. Did a little trip into a CTA in arcade and got devostating degraded. I realise it's no looking back...

StiC
08-20-2011, 12:20 PM
You are not alone, trust me.

StiC

Shadowcorp
08-20-2011, 01:30 PM
if shooting and damaging aircraft is your probelm arcade is the hardest place to start, as there are only 4 competitive planes (I-16, I153, Spit MKII and Hurricane MKII IMO) in arcade and if your not in one your bait, to learn to shoot is the hardest thing to learn online. in realistic and sim you at least have a damage engine that affects the aircrafts performance relative to damage sustained, so in certain circumstances two or three shots into someones wing is enough to cripple them and gain you a kill. Your best bet is to do some training in realistic or sim as there is no autoaim in those training modes

alsevillajr
08-20-2011, 06:09 PM
I have a distinct feeling that they use Virtual Cockpit...whilst I am in cockpit with limited visibility...I like to keep it real...I will try to engage in Virtual and see if I can gain a little advantage or to see if that will make a difference in my kill ratio...if not then I do suck....ha ha ha

Also the load out is what you have available if their planes have upgraded correct???

I really want to thank you for all your support...you chaps have all been awsome!!!

scottyvt4
08-20-2011, 07:13 PM
I have a distinct feeling that they use Virtual Cockpit...whilst I am in cockpit with limited visibility...I like to keep it real...I will try to engage in Virtual and see if I can gain a little advantage or to see if that will make a difference in my kill ratio...if not then I do suck....ha ha ha

Also the load out is what you have available if their planes have upgraded correct???

I really want to thank you for all your support...you chaps have all been awsome!!!

there are few options on loadouts .... mainly historic to the aircraft used, but as far as guns go, no, it will either have cannons, machine guns or both ie Spits most of the or all the BF109's, Yaks, the Fw190's have cannons and the Hurricane, MC202, P51B have all forward facing machine guns.

The bombers/dive bombers Po2 :cool:, AG20,B17, Blenhiem, He111 and Stuka Ju87 and ground attack aircraft IL2M all have forward facing and rear gunners and coverage of the rear varies dependant on the Aircraft. you will undoubtably pick a fav, althought the B17 is a beast in the right hands (Gilly, Mckinney, me :oops: pmslol couldnt hit a barn door atm :P) its notoriously hard to down but equally the right pilot in the right fighter downed like a semi warm knife through butter (maybe a couple of passes :P)

alsevillajr
08-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Played with a good pilot on arcade today...verified he is using Virtual and 6axis...6axis if you're used to it, will IMO have a quicker response...and he agrees...not fair???? One needs to get used to Virtual if he wants to even compete on a level playing field in Arcade or get really good in cockpit view...or use 6Axis...which for me defeats the purpose, for my enjoyment...although unless you ask to let you win for trophy achievements and upgrades...maybe I need to brush up on 6axis...ha ha

scottyvt4
08-20-2011, 10:19 PM
you would need to ask but im sure some of the regular posters will put you right i use the sixaxis ............

bobbysocks
08-21-2011, 09:40 PM
oh wow first online bout? yeah they are a B!T<# and very humbling. BUT you will get better fiarly quickly so dont get discouraged. it can be very disheartening to get thrashed night after night. so my suggestion is tolevel the playing field a little by picking the plane you can fly the best and staying with it for a while. i liked the g6 since it was hard to stall, had a fairly nice roll rate, and sported some decent guns. you arent going to out turn a spit or rusky so dont even bother....but if you pick your fight and can get deflection shot, on their tail, or joust head on...you have a pretty decent chance for a kill. they will be in virt cockpit only though.....and that is ok. seeing the foe is pretty important. once you get your feet wet and feel a little more comfortable start expanding to different ac. soon you will see you kill ratio start to climb....when that happens...help the new players you meet.