PDA

View Full Version : Luthier…we are all part of the IC Family

smink1701
08-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi Luthier,

Since we are all (developers publishers and users), members of the 1C Family, if we are not going to get a beta patch today it would be nice to get a progress report. In all healthy, happy families open communication is key so I hope we hear from you one way or the other.:)

Thanks for al the hard work and for creating a great sim!

5./JG27 Lehmann
08-19-2011, 03:45 PM
You're going to be mighty dissapointed when we don't get a patch tommorrow either :P

(Hoping that if I psyche myself up that we're not getting a patch today, we either will or I won't be so depressed when we don't ^^)

Strike
08-19-2011, 03:45 PM
In all healthy, happy families...

And what gave you THAT impression!? :D Have you seen the forums!? :P

No just kidding with you man.

I totally agree on the short "hi, hello" would be nice. But since he said MINIMUM 2 weeks I'm not going to be angry or disappointed if it's another no-show. If he does say something I'll be positively surprised :)

smink1701
08-19-2011, 04:25 PM
And what gave you THAT impression!? :D Have you seen the forums!? :P

No just kidding with you man.

I totally agree on the short "hi, hello" would be nice. But since he said MINIMUM 2 weeks I'm not going to be angry or disappointed if it's another no-show. If he does say something I'll be positively surprised :)

No anger. No hostility. Maybe a little disapointed but no hate here. ;)

Like I said, it would just be nice...

Phazon
08-19-2011, 04:55 PM
I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight. Whyyyyyy Luthier whyyyy... ;)

klem
08-19-2011, 07:16 PM
And I quote:

"Timeline wise, what we’re looking at is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks"

So it could be 3 weeks, 4 weeks or even Monday.

Could even be over the weekend as that last communication was Saturday 6th August.

the Dutchman
08-19-2011, 07:33 PM
I came across something that sums it all up for me;

Kind of like waving a bone in front of a dog.. It keeps them content until they get tired of waiting for it.

Continu0
08-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Could even be over the weekend as that last communication was Saturday 6th August.

Appreciate that :D Who of you guys is working on weekends?

Tvrdi
08-19-2011, 09:13 PM
guys ur so fking desperate...i already said goodbye to my 45 bucks as I could buy for 20 now and with new sounds and graphics in the works....

whoarmongar
08-19-2011, 10:28 PM
I was not going to post on this subject but damn it I just want to say
How long was CloD in the making ?
What is a video game if its not sound and graphics ?
So how long do you expect it to take to redo both the sound and the graphics ?
So my advice is, enjoy what you have got.
And dont hold your breath waiting for this patch.
Stop carping on about how poor CloD is, its not perfect but its still the best we got available to us for the foreseeable future
Stop whinging that your not getting a patch every friday, or updates on progress every week
Stop wetting your pants whenever Luthier post an update.
You have no right to comment on this game if you dont own a copy.

LoBiSoMeM
08-19-2011, 10:36 PM

"Sound and graphics" have a lot of parts in one "vide game". They are working in tweaks in graphics engine (I don't buy the "new graphics engine", obviously) and reworked all sound engine.

We have all "other things" done... Some with bugs, some without. But just all 3D models and physics simulation are done - to mention just two "parts". They will not spend more six years doing that again...

Blackdog_kt
08-20-2011, 02:24 AM
guys ur so fking desperate...i already said goodbye to my 45 bucks as I could buy for 20 now and with new sounds and graphics in the works....

Mate, no offence meant but nobody's more desperate than you in telling other people they shouldn't be enjoying this :-P

We get it, you're not exactly ecstatic about it, but some of us are reasonably happy about it all...well, tough luck, people can't agree all the time. It's when they start forming factions to convince each other no matter the cost that things start getting ugly. You have your opinion, let others have theirs ;-)

winny
08-20-2011, 10:26 AM

That is the question all developers would like to know the answer to... Feel.

How it feels can make the difference between a game you love and a game you just play..

Anyway, the 1C family is the only family that is both yellower and more disfunctional than the Simpsons :)

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/family/FamilyStrangle1.gif

philip.ed
08-20-2011, 10:55 AM
This is the most pointless topic since...... ;)
I think we know the answer

bkdamon
08-20-2011, 12:17 PM

Looks like you haven't quite let that $45 go yet... ;)

But on topic, it would be nice to get a weekly update. It would take 5 minutes once a week just to let us know how things are going, right?

C'mon Luthier! Throw us a frickin bone! :o

Ze-Jamz
08-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Lol, I feel a sense of De ja vu coming on

Redroach
08-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh come on, guys... when, since release, have we not been mighty disappointed by any action whatsoever of the dev team? :rolleyes:

julien673
08-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Lol, I feel a sense of De ja vu coming on

Déjà vu ;)

skouras
08-20-2011, 06:21 PM
the good news is the two weeks is over
now just count days ...
i bet for the next week to take a beta:-D

Skoshi Tiger
08-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Oh come on, guys... when, since release, have we not been mighty disappointed by any action whatsoever of the dev team? :rolleyes:

You can only get disappointed if reality doesn't match up with your expectations.

Cliffs of Dover has met every single one of my expectaions and continues to amaze me with it's depth.

I tend not to focus on the issues because while there are work-arounds I am happy to side step the problems and explore other aspects of the game until they are (hopefully) solved.

Maybe you should ask your self if you had unrealistic expectations? Where I live even a entry level programmer could expect to earn $50+ dollars an hour. So over the life of the sim how much of their time do you expect to be given?

To answer your question, which is about the deveopment team and not the product, I'ld have to say every day since COD was released I have not been disappointed by any action whatsoever of the development team.

Cheers!

Phazon
08-21-2011, 07:03 AM
The last development news update thread on the Russian aviation forum www.sukhoi.ru has been unstickied, which suggests a new update post may be coming very soon. ;)

Pluto
08-22-2011, 09:53 AM
You can only get disappointed if reality doesn't match up with your expectations.

Cliffs of Dover has met every single one of my expectaions and continues to amaze me with it's depth.

I tend not to focus on the issues because while there are work-arounds I am happy to side step the problems and explore other aspects of the game until they are (hopefully) solved.

Maybe you should ask your self if you had unrealistic expectations? Where I live even a entry level programmer could expect to earn $50+ dollars an hour. So over the life of the sim how much of their time do you expect to be given?

To answer your question, which is about the deveopment team and not the product, I'ld have to say every day since COD was released I have not been disappointed by any action whatsoever of the development team.

Cheers!

... could not resist to answer this one,
... you are easy to satisfy man, just the kind of customer every company dreams of,...
:rolleyes: