PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to Syndicate Server Players - Forests

BadgerSmedly
08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Tally Ho All

Apologies to those Axis pilots on the Syndicate server who where berated by me for flying throught the trees, which I thought was to avoid me in my peddle-powered Spitfire Mk1. I didn't realiase that some have the Forest switched off to combat the sound bug, so when I was actually able to catch up with a dreaded foe, seeing him go below branch level was a bit vexing!

I have to admit, it all looks a bit bare without the woods, hey ho and all that.

See you on there this weekend!

Toodle-oo!

Badger

Ze-Jamz
08-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Tally Ho All

Apologies to those Axis pilots on the Syndicate server who where berated by me for flying throught the trees, which I thought was to avoid me in my peddle-powered Spitfire Mk1. I didn't realiase that some have the Forest switched off to combat the sound bug, so when I was actually able to catch up with a dreaded foe, seeing him go below branch level was a bit vexing!

I have to admit, it all looks a bit bare without the woods, hey ho and all that.

See you on there this weekend!

Toodle-oo!

Badger

Lol...well it wasnt me hanging around the Deck :)

But yea it is a bit annoying, hopefully soon were can have trees on as most have only turned them off due to the sound bug..

furbs
08-19-2011, 01:50 PM
yep, but it wont stop people using the no-bang trees to escape.

Phazon
08-19-2011, 02:15 PM
You are forgiven, the landscape can look quite bare when the trees are off. Hopefully we won't have to resort to such drastic measures to fix bugs.

What stops them from creating large simple hit boxes around dense groups of trees at least? I hope we hear more about this issue and attempts at solving it. :)

Ze-Jamz
08-19-2011, 02:23 PM
This would help..try flying through that

http://www.featurepics.com/FI/Thumb300/20100601/Tree-Shadow-Orange-Brick-Wall-1554452.jpg

conio
08-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Personally I've done it to spot low flying aircraft.
I don't think I've ever done it (on purpose) during a dogfight but I apologize if I had.

What bugs me more is those who disconnect after being hit and, when you turn around to finish the job, the plane is gone :mad:

BadgerSmedly
08-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Without the old trees on, all is clear but I hope that a future patch sticks a few scaffold poles up there to colide with, so we can have the greenery back! :)

I didn't do too badly in the end. Some jolly good 109 pilots out there - I salute you - but at least with the Spit I was able to hit the ground and survive.. I kid you not, it was like flying the Buffalo in 1946, I left hand turned with a whiley old 109 chappie and before I knew it I was minus a left wing and propeller and sliding into a Hawkinge house back garden....

Top stuff!. See you in the skies soon!

Badger

Blackdog_kt
08-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Well, even when the sound bug is tackled this will still vex people. I'm running trees on low so i can still appear to be flying through trees from the viewpoint of another player who has them on high, while i don't see any of them at that point of the map ;-)

The best thing to do would be to make the tree detail level a server-side option and set it to some kind of happy medium so that all players can have good frame rates, just like it used to be done with IL2 in terms of cloud settings (way way back when the new clouds were introduced) and tweaking flak guns to minimize FPS impact on players with slower PCs.

conio
08-19-2011, 07:09 PM
An option could be have the old IL2 trees drawn when we select "no trees" (due to FPS or sound bug), that way we would all see the trees just with a different quality.