PDA

View Full Version : Argh. Still with the sounds?

Pillar
08-16-2011, 02:49 PM
I just wanted to suggest that the team put some work into the game sounds. I suspect they are the same (already bad) sounds from over a decade ago.

I was ready to buy the game but decided not to based on the sounds in the videos. It really is am immersion killer.

I even registered just to suggest this.

Please... improve the sounds.

kedrednael
08-16-2011, 02:55 PM
There is a Lot of information on this forum maybe you should at least read the updates before posting, or use search function.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25222

2. Sound. As I’ve mentioned earlier, we’re completely redoing our sound engine from scratch. The work is being done in three stages. Stage 1, alpha, where we test basic functionality with some bare-bones samples has been passed a while ago. Stage 2, beta, where we have all aircraft sounds complete, and have some bare-minimum sounds for other objects, is almost here. Stage 3, a complete sound engine with all object and ambient sounds, will follow.
What we have now is brand new DB601, Merlin, Mercury, and Jumo 211 engines in a new environment, infinitely more stable and supporting realistic sounds from dozens or hundreds of engines within hearing distance. Various secondary and tertiary sounds are also there – G loads, flutter, controls movement, etc. The aircraft feel alive, especially when you’re inside the cockpit.

New sounds are being done by Valery Kornilov he has also made the sounds for ROF, and those are great.

smink1701
08-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I just wanted to suggest that the team put some work into the game sounds. I suspect they are the same (already bad) sounds from over a decade ago.

I was ready to buy the game but decided not to based on the sounds in the videos. It really is am immersion killer.

Great sound mod by Jafa can be found here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?c5y9eawoi74d11b

LoBiSoMeM
08-16-2011, 03:04 PM

First: drop dead.

Second: learn to use search tools in any internet forum.

Blackdog_kt
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
First: drop dead.

Second: learn to use search tools in any internet forum.

This is the second time you use that "drop dead" comment. If anything else, it only detracts from your valid statement about reading stickies and the information provided, because if you start by attacking a poster he's all the more likely not to take your advice.

The fact that you are a supporter of the sim and it runs great on your PC doesn't give you the right to insult people who might express disagreements with certain features or have problems on their installation.

Post counts, date of joining and opinions expressed are irrelevant in moderation. All that matters is that forum members treat each other with some basic respect, as per the forum rules.

If you fail to do so you're just as likely to receive a ban as any other member of the forum, regardless of how much of a supporter of the sim you are.

I don't want to ban anyone, but consider this your "two out of three" warning. Next time you respond in such a manner i have no choice but to give you a bit of a time out to think things over.

Nothing personal, just don't try to chase off forum members with a different opinion, especially newcomers to the community.

Pillar
08-16-2011, 04:54 PM
There is a Lot of information on this forum maybe you should at least read the updates before posting, or use search function.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25222

Thanks.

fwiw, the only thing I do is read the registration before posting. If there are other mandatory things to read they should be part of the registration process.

Thanks also smink for the mod info. Glad to see that 1C has changed their perspective on sound modding.

Unfortunately, a company that expects me to read a set of forum stickies before giving any feedback doesn't deserve my business. No matter what. Stickies are not the place to put information about your product. Try the front page.

Instead be realistic. Most customers (who care about the sound) will watch the video and never even bother registering to give feedback. They'll just pass on it.

Which is what I'm going to do on 1C products for a while.

Blackdog_kt
08-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Nobody said it's required reading before posting in general.

It's just that there's a thread on the top of the page and the starting post of that thread answers your question, it seems a bit weird to miss that, that's all.

In other words, gradually getting into a forum gives you enough time to acquaint yourself with how things work out and the currently available level of knowledge. If you just register and hit the post button right away you're bound to miss a lot of stuff and then some people will come along to point that out.

Trust me, i've been answering the same "how to" questions ever since the game was released, i compiled some sort of FAQ to have them all in one place for ease of reference which is now a sticky and yet, there's still a few people who manage to completely miss it and ask one of these questions again :-P

It's unavoidable to an extent of course, but it's good to be a bit proactive about things as well and check the most visible part of the forum for anything that might answer my questions before i submit a new thread dealing with the same issue ;-)

That's got nothing to do with 1c, it's how forums and communities work in general: people expect any poster to be at least somewhat informed about the matter they are going to debate or criticize. That's not unreasonable to expect, in fact it helps with the flow of conversation and keeps all relevant discussion in one place and easily accessible.

icarus
08-16-2011, 05:45 PM
I used the sound mod and its pretty darn good.

Newbie Qualfier: That doesn't mean I don't like the sim. Not trying to slag the devs. Don't want to offend anyone. Happy happy happy.

Tree_UK
08-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Its just a shame we cannot use it online at the moment. Still the patch is only days/weeks away we may all be very pleasantly surpised.

icarus
08-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Its just a shame we cannot use it online at the moment. Still the patch is only days/weeks away we may all be very pleasantly surpised.
Haven't played online, just curious. Why doesn't it work online?

esmiol
08-16-2011, 06:18 PM
he work online! the only thing is this bloody sound bug online... who appear sometime and cut all sound!.

ATAG_Snapper
08-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi Pillar,

Welcome to Cliffs of Dover. I couldn't agree more, the current sounds in this sim are not good. Here's a quick comparo I did to the Jafa sound mod mentioned earlier in this thread:

http://vimeo.com/24922949

esmiol
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
sorry misunderstanding... you were speaking of mod not working online!

in fact mod work...but like official mod tools are not out yet...

steam could identify this kind of mod like cheating...then you risk to be ban for life of online!

now for sound... i love the jaffa mod! but i hope the new sound of the next patch will be as good ;)

louisv
08-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks.

fwiw, the only thing I do is read the registration before posting. If there are other mandatory things to read they should be part of the registration process.

Thanks also smink for the mod info. Glad to see that 1C has changed their perspective on sound modding.

Unfortunately, a company that expects me to read a set of forum stickies before giving any feedback doesn't deserve my business. No matter what. Stickies are not the place to put information about your product. Try the front page.

Instead be realistic. Most customers (who care about the sound) will watch the video and never even bother registering to give feedback. They'll just pass on it.

Which is what I'm going to do on 1C products for a while.

It's just that its been said that the sounds are bad about 633 times in the last 6 months...is all.

Lant
08-16-2011, 06:46 PM
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Interesting.

Moderator Edit: Watch it, he's got two warnings already, are you trying to catch up? ;)

CWMV
08-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Interesting.

:-o

Zoom2136
08-16-2011, 07:49 PM
he work online! the only thing is this bloody sound bug online... who appear sometime and cut all sound!.

Set trees to none and voila no more sound drop out online...

LoBiSoMeM
08-16-2011, 08:06 PM
This is the second time you use that "drop dead" comment. If anything else, it only detracts from your valid statement about reading stickies and the information provided, because if you start by attacking a poster he's all the more likely not to take your advice.

The fact that you are a supporter of the sim and it runs great on your PC doesn't give you the right to insult people who might express disagreements with certain features or have problems on their installation.

Post counts, date of joining and opinions expressed are irrelevant in moderation. All that matters is that forum members treat each other with some basic respect, as per the forum rules.

If you fail to do so you're just as likely to receive a ban as any other member of the forum, regardless of how much of a supporter of the sim you are.

I don't want to ban anyone, but consider this your "two out of three" warning. Next time you respond in such a manner i have no choice but to give you a bit of a time out to think things over.

Nothing personal, just don't try to chase off forum members with a different opinion, especially newcomers to the community.

Agreed. But the problem isn't with "disagreements", is about the urge to jump in this forum - where RELEVANT info is lost between a lot of nonsense - and post someting without even use "search" tool...

And another topic talking about the sounds - that are really bad, we all agree - because the poster have a "urge" to express his opinion... Well, excuse my past words, but this is the second time I used the expression "drop dead", and it's for the EXACTLY same reason:

- One really useless post. And no use of "search" tool.

Blackdog_kt
08-16-2011, 10:24 PM
You can still use a few more words and tell the new guys about it in a more pleasant manner mate. After all, if we want to show them how things are done, we can't be barking orders and expect them to follow.

Lead by example or not at all, that kind of thing ;-)

Ibis
08-16-2011, 10:53 PM

================================================== ======

Tree are you ok?

LoBiSoMeM
08-16-2011, 11:27 PM
You can still use a few more words and tell the new guys about it in a more pleasant manner mate. After all, if we want to show them how things are done, we can't be barking orders and expect them to follow.

Lead by example or not at all, that kind of thing ;-)

You are right. I'll be more polite.

But some "new guy" with the speach:

"I suspect they are the same (already bad) sounds from over a decade ago."

"Glad to see that 1C has changed their perspective on sound modding."

Sounds like an "old guy"... :cool:

robtek
08-17-2011, 09:34 AM
================================================== ======

Tree are you ok?

1+ to that.

airwatcher
08-18-2011, 10:19 PM
New sounds are being done by Valery Kornilov he has also made the sounds for ROF, and those are great.[/QUOTE]

This is the most encouraging thing I've read about the forthcoming sound mods. Those familiar with RoF would likely agree that the sounds in RoF are wonderful. Just starting an engine and listening to it idle immediately puts me in the game.

Phazon
08-19-2011, 09:40 AM
...or the building sound of the air rushing past the cockpit as you dive on a foe. :D

I've said this before, but the game will feel completely different with a proper sound engine and sound effects. Sound has a huge psychological effect, in Cliffs of Dover case its been one of the main missing factors in terms of feeling immersed in your aircraft. We already have the ridiculously detailed cockpits but its only half-complete until you add all the sounds that goes with flying it. :)

drewpee
08-19-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't understand why some don't just buy the game and try it for themselves rather than listening to just the negative posts of others. There is so much to learn in this sim I for one am happy to be playing it in it's current state. We know patches are coming. For me it far surpasses IL-2 1946 and if like the original will improve and grow for many years. It's up to you if you want to be a part of it.

sorak
08-20-2011, 04:37 AM
I don't understand why some don't just buy the game and try it for themselves rather than listening to just the negative posts of others. There is so much to learn in this sim I for one am happy to be playing it in it's current state. We know patches are coming. For me it far surpasses IL-2 1946 and if like the original will improve and grow for many years. It's up to you if you want to be a part of it.

Perfectly put.. You buy this game to grow with it.. Its never done

rakinroll
08-20-2011, 06:43 AM

Very well said man, thank you.

Bryan21cag
08-20-2011, 10:08 AM

LOL welcome to the club sir :)

the initiation process goes something like this..........(clears throat)

First post posted..........

(Option 1) People instantly reply with "same old stuff, this has been talked about before read every post made in the past on the whole forum word for word using the search function newbie before ever posting again".......

(Option 2) Or you search and find a very old topic that you are seeing for the first time and reply to that and get "sigh.. this thread was beaten to death years ago silly newbie stop bring old threads back from the dead that, we old school forum members don't want to have to scroll past when we log on" :)........

Or something to that effect :) Now you have officially been baptized into the world of 1C forum :) or as I lovingly have begun to call it "Catch 22" :)

As was stated after your initiation was complete :) The upcoming patch promises to make a lot of positive changes including a completely new sound scheme. :)

Anyway welcome to the forums :)

Cheers