PDA

View Full Version : Dummies Guide...

mcler002
08-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Hey all

After playing on the Repka server with a few new players the other day ... and again the "how do i start my engine questions"... i created a dummies guide to the me 109 today!

Now its just from what ive learnt and heard, but would like feedback as to whether or not its good or bad etc etc.

Hopefully ill make another one in the coming days or weeks as my holiday is almost finished :(

Cheers Ross

senseispcc
08-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks.

SsSsSsSsSnake
08-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks

Blackdog_kt
08-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Nice one. I like how you took the time to fly a couple of missions simply to cause failures through incorrect handling and snap the screenshots.

It should be really helpful to any newcomers, since it's one thing to tell a person "follow these limits" and another one completely to show them what happens if they don't :grin:

FFCW_Urizen
08-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Nice work!

badfinger
08-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I need a Dummies Guide for more than just the ME-109. What I don't know might take up several volumes.:confused:

mcler002, keep writing and thanks,

binky9

Kupsised
08-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks again for your help with the Blenheim the other day, perhaps that could be your next guide if possible?

Will give this 109 one a look over when I've got a moment. I think I've got the hang of it, but can always learn to do things better

Les
08-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the guide, I'm sure it will be useful.

I took the liberty of correcting some trivial spelling mistakes and making it look a little neater when viewed in the default wordpad viewer that comes with Windows 7. I hope you don't mind. Check it out and tell me if you want me to delete it.

mcler002
08-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Sigh me and my spelling! Im not too worried about different formats...so yea.

Anyway i did some playing about in the Bristol Blenhiem IV today... and as expected, the aircraft can be very difficult!... I may do a fly over to france and back to see how it manages with me behind the cockpit... If im free in the morning/ afternoon... and could possibly create a dummies guide for her...

Ross

Blackdog_kt
08-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Check out this thread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23192

I had a lot of trouble too so i somehow took it up as a project to collect information. Over time a lot of people have contributed and we now have a pretty useful thread containing information from the real aircraft manuals and notes on where it differs from the one we have in the simulator.

mcler002
08-17-2011, 04:43 PM
I was looking at the link earlier - I've been flying (or trying to) several blenheims half the day!

Hopefully they fix the handling of the aircraft on the ground but I've pretty much nailed taking off. The other problem I have is that the engine rpms 'flux' during flight (managed to get to france,twice, from gatwick - but just too much hassel) (I think this is the carb temps getting too low) - but this 'flux' is the same on the ground when trying to warm up the engines

My biggest tip would be (for the moment) to keep the aircraft flying low (under 5000ft) to keep the engines running smoothly! Idealy keep the engine temp between 210 - 235 (249 max!!!) - oil ... In all fairness I think 30 is the minimum temp, not 40 as previously mentioned! But dont let it get above 70/80 (and yes you can get it to that temp - taxin one 'step' at a time does that hehe)

Clearly information/ gauges are missing from the aircraft!

I might do the dummies guide tonight if I can find the spare time!

Ross

ATAG_Doc
08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Thank you!!!! This is beautiful!

Blackdog_kt
08-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Gauges are fine, it just has a weird layout. Presumably it was the navigator's/bombardier's job to monitor the cylinder head temperatures when he wasn't sitting in the nose position and that's why the gauges are mounted on the top right cockpit wall.

In the Mk.V the gauges were moved to the pilot's panel, but for battle of Britain the only valid variant is the Mk.IV ;-)

SlapStik
08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks a bunch....... I know so little I don't even know what I don't know!

SFF_Karhu
08-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Hi!

Thanks a lot!:-D

Very nice 109 starter package. Keep on the good work.