PDA

View Full Version : Luthier, are you on track for Friday?

smink1701
08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Luthier,

Just trying to manage expectations. ;) Are you going to release a patch or provide an update on Friday??? Thanks!

Strike
08-15-2011, 04:26 PM
I shouldn't even comment on this, but I could not resist, it was too tempting.

http://www.funny-cats.us/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/e5f05_funny-pictures-cat-teaches-dog-patience.jpg

ATAG_Doc
08-15-2011, 04:57 PM
That was cute.

So what is it you / we are expecting Friday?

Do tell!

the Dutchman
08-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Sounds from scratch,by jove where on earth have you been man?:rolleyes:

albx
08-15-2011, 05:03 PM
It's still monday, I'll wait till friday to broke my keyboard hitting F5 :grin:

ATAG_Doc
08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm using Jafa sounds so my sounds are prime. Unless what they release is a big improvement I am not that interested.

albx
08-15-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm using Jafa sounds so my sounds are prime. Unless what they release is a big improvement I am not that interested.

but you can't play online with it, can you?

Dano
08-15-2011, 05:24 PM
a) It was a minimum of two weeks.

b) It was posted on a Saturday, not friday.

skouras
08-15-2011, 05:42 PM
I shouldn't even comment on this, but I could not resist, it was too tempting.

http://www.funny-cats.us/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/e5f05_funny-pictures-cat-teaches-dog-patience.jpg

hahahahahahahahahaha
nice comment

ATAG_Doc
08-15-2011, 05:55 PM
but you can't play online with it, can you?

Don't think so. I don't play online.

robtek
08-15-2011, 06:01 PM
It seems some people dont read well!
It was said INTERNAL beta in probably 2 weeks and probably 3 weeks for the patch.
NO public beta.

FG28_Kodiak
08-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Timeline wise, what we’re looking at is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks, and at least a week of tests for that. The new graphics will also be included with it. The same upcoming patch will also include some new aircraft and most likely the German trains. Due to all new sounds, it’ll be one of the largest patches so far, but still way under a GB.

It could be a open beta patch, also.

smink1701
08-15-2011, 06:42 PM
It was said INTERNAL beta in probably 2 weeks and probably 3 weeks for the patch.
NO public beta.

It also seemed from earlier comments from Luthier that it was moving along faster than he originally thought. I know it wasn't promised and I won't be PO'ed if it's still a few weeks away but didnt want Luthier and team to think we had lost interest;)

Dano
08-15-2011, 06:45 PM
NO public beta.

Where does it specifically say internal?

skouras
08-15-2011, 07:09 PM
the beta is for the users and not for the dev's
they probably will be going to be an open one so we can test it for a week
to see how it goes for the final patch
there is no reason to tell us that what they’re looking for is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks, and at least a week of tests for that ;-)

Strike
08-15-2011, 07:52 PM
the beta is for the users and not for the dev's
they probably will be going to be an open one so we can test it for a week
to see how it goes for the final patch
there is no reason to tell us that what they’re looking for is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks, and at least a week of tests for that ;-)

I think with this many bugs ingame an open beta would only spam the forum with bugreports, which is probably a lot more effective. 1 week of internal beta equal 1 day of Tree_UK's magnifying glass approach :p Jk, the real answer was going to be 1 day of "us" testing it :)

snwkill
08-15-2011, 07:58 PM
It also seemed from earlier comments from Luthier that it was moving along faster than he originally thought. I know it wasn't promised and I won't be PO'ed if it's still a few weeks away but didnt want Luthier and team to think we had lost interest;)

LMAO we haven't lost interest for 2 months, I am pretty sure he knows we are capable of handling 2 to 3 more weeks.

I wouldn't set your hopes on next weekend, maybe the weekend after, but you just never know in software development.

SiThSpAwN
08-15-2011, 08:01 PM
How many different ways can one post be read, lets count the ways....

:D

robtek
08-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Read it my way and you wont be disappointed! :D :D :D

Dano
08-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Read it my way and you wont be disappointed! :D :D :D

Still waiting on an explanation of how you can possibly read it your way...

Skoshi Tiger
08-16-2011, 12:25 AM
"Timeline wise, what we’re looking at is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks, and at least a week of tests for that. The new graphics will also be included with it. The same upcoming patch will also include some new aircraft and most likely the German trains. Due to all new sounds, it’ll be one of the largest patches so far, but still way under a GB."

Now 'minimum' means "not before".
'At least a week' means it could be more.
'Beta' from wiki "Open and closed beta

Developers release either a closed beta or an open beta; closed beta versions are released to a select group of individuals for a user test and are invitation only, while open betas are to a larger group from the general public and anyone interested. The testers report any bugs that they find, and sometimes suggest additional features they think should be available in the final version"

Now no where does is state that it's going to be an open beta

It does say it's going to be the largest patch so far. That could determine if they want to release it as an open beta.

Also the quality of the feed back and bug reports received from the previous 'Open Betas' would also play a deciding role!

The Russian community seams very into this sim, like the release they might trial the beta in their local market (pure speculation of course)

Cheers

drewpee
08-16-2011, 01:33 AM
ARE WE THERE YET ? :rolleyes:

Dano
08-16-2011, 07:52 AM
"Timeline wise, what we’re looking at is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks, and at least a week of tests for that. The new graphics will also be included with it. The same upcoming patch will also include some new aircraft and most likely the German trains. Due to all new sounds, it’ll be one of the largest patches so far, but still way under a GB."

Now 'minimum' means "not before".
'At least a week' means it could be more.
'Beta' from wiki "Open and closed beta

Developers release either a closed beta or an open beta; closed beta versions are released to a select group of individuals for a user test and are invitation only, while open betas are to a larger group from the general public and anyone interested. The testers report any bugs that they find, and sometimes suggest additional features they think should be available in the final version"

Now no where does is state that it's going to be an open beta

It does say it's going to be the largest patch so far. That could determine if they want to release it as an open beta.

Also the quality of the feed back and bug reports received from the previous 'Open Betas' would also play a deciding role!

The Russian community seams very into this sim, like the release they might trial the beta in their local market (pure speculation of course)

Cheers

Nowhere does it state closed or internal either. The fact that Luthier gives us an estimated filesize is key, why bother if we are not getting it.

JG52Krupi
08-16-2011, 08:03 AM
I have to agree with Dano what is written and what we have recieved before suggests that this beta patch will open.

furbs
08-16-2011, 08:20 AM
When there is no proof for either side, you go for the most likely option and look to what happened before.

every patch so far has been beta tested by the public, so the most likely outcome is a open beta.

ZaltysZ
08-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Announcement is more clear at sukho.ru. It says: "We are planning for beta patch of new sound in at least 2 weeks. And one week for public testing of it".

Phazon
08-16-2011, 08:48 AM
When there is no proof for either side, you go for the most likely option and look to what happened before.

every patch so far has been beta tested by the public, so the most likely outcome is a open beta.

Exactly right. Geez some of you guys worry me sometimes. :-P

Redroach
08-16-2011, 09:09 AM
maaahhh, why do you even let yourselves be dragged in by the pseudo-lawyers? Every (announced) beta patch so far has been released to the general public. No word about the patch being "internal". I mean, why don't you just ignore that...?
Though I have serious doubst about a friday or saturday release as well. My guess would be that the beta patch will be released a week after that.

chungpe84s
08-16-2011, 09:17 AM
I shouldn't even comment on this:-P

philip.ed
08-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Seriously, one of the dumbest topics I've seen in this section since the OP's last endeavour :rolleyes:

Skoshi Tiger
08-16-2011, 12:37 PM

I do hope your right. I just won't read anything into that hasn't been said.

Cheers!

furbs
08-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Me too! though anything could happen.

smink1701
08-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Good one.

retrojet
08-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Confucius say: You'll get what you get, when you get it.....
But, there's no use getting your knickers in a twist... :grin:

philip.ed
08-16-2011, 04:24 PM

Well said! :cool:

skouras
08-16-2011, 04:31 PM
most people just want to see their game to play right and to be fixed
so can enjoy it
relax guys answers and patch are coming ;-)

Davy TASB
08-16-2011, 06:49 PM
ʇuǝıʇɐd ǝq puɐ ʇno ןןıɥɔ oʇ pǝǝu ʇsnظ ǝןdoǝd 'ǝǝɹbɐ ı

:grin:

JG14_Jagr
08-16-2011, 09:21 PM

Usually right around the time something you expected to take a long time goes much easier than planned, something you planned on taking no time at all goes to S%^$.

hc_wolf
08-16-2011, 10:28 PM
I would say yes... they are close to providing patch in next 2 weeks.

Il-2 Cliffs of Dover Final Performance Test before Sound/Graphic Engine Big Patch

http://www.youtube.com/user/LoBiSoMeMBF

Skoshi Tiger
08-17-2011, 12:30 AM

He! He!

Slightly re-worded, but when our 6 year old chucks a Nannie when his ice cream is not the right flavor we tell him "You get what you get and you don't get upset!" closely followed by a emotional rendition of the first few lines of the Rolling stones "You don't always get what you want!"

This is usually when he starts showing the violent side to his temperament!

Cheers!

No145_Hatter
08-17-2011, 05:20 AM
Yes, thats because he's not paying for it. If you bought a hamburger and it was uncooked and no bun and was told they'd cook it and give you the bun later would you shrug your shoulders and say you get what you get? I doubt it and that would not make you childish.

It is my founded desire that you might fly close to the sun.

Skoshi Tiger
08-17-2011, 05:25 AM
Yes, thats because he's not paying for it. If you bought a hamburger and it was uncooked and no bun and was told they'd cook it and give you the bun later would you shrug your shoulders and say you get what you get? I doubt it and that would not make you childish.

What I wouldn't do is go back five times a day and stamp my feet demanding another burger and then while they were preparing it tell all the other customers how bad the food is, how bad the chief is and shout through the kitchen door how they should make it.

And if, after behaving like that, the said burger did arrive, There is no way on Gods green earth I'd actually eat it!

I personally think that what we got is pretty good. Better than any other WWII flight sim out there. Patches will make it even better.

Luthier has told us a week ago what the expected schedule for the updates, so I won't be expecting another update until there's something new for him to talk about.

Simple as that!

icarus
08-17-2011, 05:50 AM
What I wouldn't do is go back five times a day and stamp my feet demanding another burger and then while they were preparing it tell all the other customers how bad the food is, how bad the chief is and shout through the kitchen door how they should make it.

And if, after behaving like that, the said burger did arrive, There is no way on Gods green earth I'd actually eat it!

I personally think that what we got is pretty good. Better than any other WWII flight sim out there. Patches will make it even better.

Luthier has told us a week ago what the expected schedule for the updates, so I won't be expecting another update until there's something new for him to talk about.

Simple as that!

Ok, I hear your opinion. I don't think its that bad either and it COULD be the best WW2 sim out there if it gets fixed. Until then, its not, but I think it likely will be. But to be fair, most who are upset (not me) were likely not expecting the beta version that they got.

I don't get irritated by people who complain about flaws or point out its good points. Both have a right to their opinions and both should be able to express them as much as they like. As a newbie, the thing I do not understand is where all this anger over Cliffs of Dover comes from. I mean its really strange.

Have a good day.:-D

Untamo
08-17-2011, 06:13 AM

In this case it's just that the ad on the grill wall said with big bold letters for everyone to see: "Hamburger contains no buns! And it's cold! Buy now!" :D

Just to make sure that everyone understands: The signs were all there, on reviews and on this forum. If you feel yourself ripped off, you can only blame yourself for not doing your research.

Btw: I am happy with my "cold bunless hamburger" ;)

icarus
08-17-2011, 06:39 AM
In this case it's just that the ad on the grill wall said with big bold letters for everyone to see: "Hamburger contains no buns! And it's cold! Buy now!" :D

Just to make sure that everyone understands: The signs were all there, on reviews and on this forum. If you feel yourself ripped off, you can only blame yourself for not doing your research.

Btw: I am happy with my "cold bunless hamburger" ;)

I never said I felt ripped off. I said those who did were not expecting a beta software, rightly or wrongly. I am neither happy nor sad with a cold bunless hamburger. I will be happy if they heat it up and give me a bun though:-D

icarus
08-17-2011, 06:41 AM
It is my founded desire that you might fly close to the sun.

Why? what did I say to offend you? Where does this anger come from in support of this sim? I just don't get it. I have said nothing to offend anyone.

JG52Krupi
08-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Why? what did I say to offend you? Where does this anger come from in support of this sim? I just don't get it. I have said nothing to offend anyone.

Lmao its not anger or have you not read the story about the name you use :rolleyes:

icarus
08-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Lmao its not anger or have you not read the story about the name you use :rolleyes:

LMAO, yes I have and you obviously haven't.:rolleyes: He is saying he hopes I die. Thats pretty angry.

Tree_UK
08-17-2011, 08:49 AM
If i paid for an hamburger and it was undercooked with no bun, I would complain, if that resulted in having to wait 6 months I would most likely make an hamburger out of the chef.

Sternjaeger II
08-17-2011, 09:08 AM
enough you lot!! All this talking about hamburgers made me hungry!!

Strike
08-17-2011, 09:14 AM
If i paid for an hamburger and it was undercooked with no bun, I would complain, if that resulted in having to wait 6 months I would most likely make an hamburger out of the chef.

Godzilla thinks that makes perfect sense

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F7Yr_yTaHvU/TdL-TNGLVHI/AAAAAAAAEqI/upVsQ_9fY50/s1600/godzilla-facepalm.jpg

JG52Krupi
08-17-2011, 09:32 AM
First it was the car analogy and now some fruitcake has come up with a hamburger version, it's just as well I like raw meat just wish some here would get food poisoning and piss off ;)

SG1_Lud
08-17-2011, 01:16 PM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p226/Muad_Dib_2007/Clip%20Art/DoubleFacepalm.jpg

icarus
08-17-2011, 02:35 PM
First it was the car analogy and now some fruitcake has come up with a hamburger version, it's just as well I like raw meat just wish some here would get food poisoning and piss off ;)

Name calling and anger. Very sad over a game.

robtek
08-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, the name calling and anger is NOT over a game but over the attitude of some posters, i assume.

Tree_UK
08-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Game?? Im talking about hamburgers.

icarus
08-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Well, the name calling and anger is NOT over a game but over the attitude of some posters, i assume.

Perhaps, but I have not said anything with attitude or malice to anyone and I never will. I don't think I deserve attitude or name calling and thinnly veiled wishes I'd die for a hamburger analogy. Its really is sad.

Chivas
08-17-2011, 04:32 PM
perhaps, but i have not said anything with attitude or malice to anyone and i never will. I don't think i deserve attitude or name calling and thinnly veiled wishes i'd die for a hamburger analogy. Its really is sad.

lmfao

icarus
08-17-2011, 04:47 PM
lmfao
I should have known you would jump in. :rolleyes: ROTFLMFAO