PDA

View Full Version : Your burning wreck escape

Richie
08-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Say flames and smoke are starting to leap into my cockpit of my 109 as I ditch it, how do I escape from this flaming wreck as you do in IL-2.....example below. Nothing happens when the canopy is off and you hit ctrl E when you're on the ground. You just sit there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awk_gf_UgWA&feature=channel_video_title

Troll2k
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I think you have to be at a minimum altitude before crtl-E will work.I believe there is no way out of a plane on the ground.

JG52Krupi
08-15-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm hoping that the reason for this is that they have currently disabled the pilot animations and once there back then we can leap out of your burning wreck.

That's what I want to see anyway :)

Feathered_IV
08-15-2011, 10:48 AM
I haven't put many hours into Cliffs of Dover as there isn't much in it for me yet. I'm really very surprised that such an essential feature is missing though.

Superluminal_8
08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Maybe it´s a 109 flaw ;-)
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c84/S-8/109b17.jpg

PeterPanPan
08-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm hoping that the reason for this is that they have currently disabled the pilot animations and once there back then we can leap out of your burning wreck.

That's what I want to see anyway :)

This makes sense. I have noticed you can ONLY bail out from cockpit view, not exterior views. Only tested in Spits and Hurris though.

PPP

pancake
08-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Missing from ROF too, its annoying to survive a crash but just sit there roasting....

Doc_uk
08-15-2011, 06:11 PM
And they call this a flight sim, yea ok:rolleyes:

Moderator Edit: This offers nothing new to the discussion, apart from giving the poster a brief chance to vent in public. It's ok to have a negative opinion about things, we don't ban people for that, as long as you actually have something to say: generalizing, snappy one-liners tend to create tension and bait people into flame wars, plus they're not very convincing either.

Please post in a manner that doesn't serve as a provocation for other members of the forum, thank you :D
I think what i posted was a valid point, the fact is, no pilot animation, no weather, crappy sounds, Bla bla bla...Makes this game less and less a sim every day :)

SsSsSsSsSnake
08-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Missing from ROF too, its annoying to survive a crash but just sit there roasting....

i want a Noddy plane too:)

yellonet
08-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah I miss the running for the hills feature from '46, it was great fun when you dove for the ground just as the plane when up in a ball of flame behind you! :D

adonys
08-16-2011, 04:12 AM
Moderator Edit: This offers nothing new to the discussion, apart from giving the poster a brief chance to vent in public. It's ok to have a negative opinion about things, we don't ban people for that, as long as you actually have something to say: generalizing, snappy one-liners tend to create tension and bait people into flame wars, plus they're not very convincing either.

Please post in a manner that doesn't serve as a provocation for other members of the forum, thank you :D

And what about making a thread sticky, with everything which was already been (negatively) said, so that everyone would know it's already been said and not get warnings like this one, please? If you guys really want to let people know, and not just kill any negative opinion, you need to prove it. Otherwise, they are just they seem.. some words..

Blackdog_kt
08-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I would need to prove something if i was acting on my behalf or out of my own accord, but in reality i'm not: i have a set of guidelines given to me and a set of rules to apply. In that sense i'm just a clerk and not a manager and as such i don't really need to prove something, because i'm not the one who makes the rules ;-)

Also, there are numerous threads for the negative stuff already:

a) there's insuber's list of bugs which is a sticky

b)there's my FAQ explaining various other gameplay related issues (which implicitly means "some stuff doesn't work, do this instead) which is also a sticky

c) there's an arguments and speculations megathread in the pilot's lounge, specifically for the purpose of letting people have a "boxing fight" without getting banned or annoying others

...and we somehow need more? Let's be serious, if we had more the forum would not be called 1c's official forum but "forum for people to blame other people for things they don't like in CoD" :-P

It's a matter of proportions vs the forum's stated aim and scope: people don't go to a football forum to constantly talk about how it sucks and basketball is a better sport, especially when there are perfectly good basketball forums out there too for them to hang out in the first place ;-)

If anyone thinks they can do a better job just apply for the position, it's not like i'm getting paid or anything so i don't see it as competition :cool: