JG52Krupi
08-14-2011, 06:01 PM
I have heard that the guy that is working the new sounds is the same guy that
makes the sounds of ROF.
Is this true or is some rubbish stuff..:-P

No its true :D

jayrc
08-14-2011, 06:03 PM
his name is Valery Kornilov he has done work on ROF:)

skouras
08-14-2011, 06:05 PM
That excellent news..
Im sure that we all going to love the new sounds..
Can't wait to hear the start up of the engines:-P
Thanks
JG52Krupi and jayrc
for the heads up..:-D

Ataros
08-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I think new sound may be not absolutely perfect in the first upcoming version because it takes time to polish these things after they are done.

But I have no doubt about quality of the final result after maybe 2-3 more patches.

danjama
08-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Who remembers Bob2 WOV?

Great sounds in that game, released in like 2004.

skouras
08-14-2011, 06:59 PM
espesially the flyby ones:grin:

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-14-2011, 07:04 PM
That is great news, the sounds of RoF are outstanding.

Trumper
08-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Who remembers Bob2 WOV?

Great sounds in that game, released in like 2004.
Still around and waiting new patches,yes the sound is very good although not perfect but something i hope this sim for realistic sounds will come close to with the new work being done.
Can't be long now before we hear them :)

Stick Pin
08-15-2011, 03:59 AM
Does that mean the gun sounds as well? I hate the way the enigine "mutes" while the guns are fired and still stays muted for awhile after the guns have stopped.

Phazon
08-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Does that mean the gun sounds as well? I hate the way the enigine "mutes" while the guns are fired and still stays muted for awhile after the guns have stopped.

Whole new sound engine and sound samples that will fix numerous sound-related bugs in the game like that one.

machoo
08-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Apparently the first "New" sound pack to be released as a Beta in a few day will be sounds for the trains. Fantastic news. Realistic train sounds were one feature missing in this.

JG52Krupi
08-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Apparently the first "New" sound pack to be released as a Beta in a few day will be sounds for the trains. Fantastic news. Realistic train sounds were one feature missing in this.

Sounds awesome thanks for that tidbit Machoo.

Also congratulations on your first positive post! :rolleyes:

Skoshi Tiger
08-15-2011, 10:28 AM

There was no mention of an 'Open Beta' or that we would be able to download it. We were just told it should be in beta testing for at least a week and that the beta testing should start about two weeks after the last update post.

I like everyone else hope that the patch development has gone to schedule and that the beta patch will be open but that is just wishfull thinking on my part!

Cheers!

Allons!
08-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Maybe he will think of the last missing note in "Bomben auf Engeland" wich still stops one note before finish.. :grin:

Blackdog_kt
08-16-2011, 01:17 AM

:confused:

They talked about releasing a set of AI trains for use in missions, not just sound for trains. The sound thing is a completely separate thing, even though they want to include it in the same patch. So, the plan is sounds for everything plus some AI train models, not just sounds for trains ;-)

Richie
08-16-2011, 05:13 AM
You know what game had great sound and it's ancient is Janes WWII Fighters.

Skoshi Tiger
08-16-2011, 05:53 AM
You know what game had great sound and it's ancient is Janes WWII Fighters.

+1
Was playing WWII Fighters up til a year or so ago in a LAN multiplayer, introducing my nephews to flight sims. The music was very good at building up atmosphere in the sim.

They talked about releasing a set of AI trains for use in missions, not just sound for trains. The sound thing is a completely separate thing, even though they want to include it in the same patch. So, the plan is sounds for everything plus some AI train models, not just sounds for trains

I'm waiting for a video of a locomotive with a ruptured a boiler going up! Hope its as spectacular as the gun camera footage

kedrednael
08-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Great to hear he is working on the sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyFuZuleVc4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Blackdog_kt
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm waiting for a video of a locomotive with a ruptured a boiler going up! Hope its as spectacular as the gun camera footage

Well there's no need for video:

Fire up the sim, select the Luftwaffe attack mission (the one that spawns you a few miles out of Manston), get in a 110 with a couple of bombs and reduce RAF aircraft quantities to zero.

As you are coming in over the coast you'll see Manston, skirting it's western boundary is a bit of road with some vehicles and further on you'll see a train and a railway track among two rows of trees. Make a couple of passes at the engine and you'll see the boiler going up and steam spreading all over ;-)