PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Su-26?

Madfish
08-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Actually, the first thing that went through my head when I saw the "development update" was: where is the Su-26?

Could it be that we finally see it in the next patch or is there no need to show the refined flight model anymore or listen to those who would love an aerobatics plane for the sim? :cool:

Hi everyone.

Here’s what we’ve been doing, and what we’re planning for the nearest future.
[...]
4. Models. We have quite a few new aircraft variants in the oven, and "our" [...]
PCG: There’s a Su-26 amongst the flyables. How did this modern aerobatics plane end-up in the sim?

ILYA: We thought it would be a great way to prove the fidelity of our flight model. Not too many people can get behind the controls of a Heinkel and say “Yes, this handles just like the real thing.”. There are a lot of people who fly the Su-26 or similar aerobatics planes. Besides, a few of our modellers actually worked for Sukhoi back in the day, and one of them was even a member of the Su-26 design team. He designed the landing gear for the real thing, and then recreated it for us!

OLEG: Another reason we included the Su-26 is pilots from real aerobatic teams requested it. They used Il-2 for the training in the past. In Cliffs of Dover they can fly a real sport plane.
from: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/08/il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover-interview-we-talk-to-oleg-maddox-and-ilya-shevchenko/

skouras
08-13-2011, 11:03 PM
i think they going to implemented in the future as the top priority for the dev's is the new sounds and the grapfic engine
also Luthier states that in the upcoming patch there will be some new variants of aircraft
so it is ok from me i supposed...
-s-

kedrednael
08-14-2011, 10:24 AM
It was a descision by ubisoft to let the su-26 out of the final game. The su-26 was already finished.

Ali Fish
08-14-2011, 11:55 AM
quite a bit of lies in that article for sure. published on the 8th feb, about 6/7 weeks before release, why did it all fall apart ?

JG53Frankyboy
08-14-2011, 11:58 AM
i personaly dont miss it !

jayrc
08-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Can't forget the He-59, those were some brave men, ~S~

JG53Frankyboy
08-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Give us the German trainers instead, maybe a glider first (how unique would that be?), then a Bu 181, or possibly the He-72.

how often did you flew the Tiger Moth ?
I did it once, maximum 5 minutes.........................

They should put their precious time in the development of combat aircraft. Trainer aircraft in a game........ you hit refly and one is not dying in front of a PC screen 'cockpit' :D
A trainer does teach you nothing in game - the most complex stuff in CoD is its CEM not the flying itself.

The Spit'Lady' and the italian planes (because they came soooo late in action in 1940 !) were already questionable decisions in the CoD planeset.
All the work in a flyable Wellington instead would have been much better IMHO - but thats past....

skouras
08-14-2011, 03:44 PM
totally agree:rolleyes:

Jaws2002
08-14-2011, 04:01 PM
It was a descision by ubisoft to let the su-26 out of the final game. The su-26 was already finished.

Bull.

It was 1c, the Russian publisher, that pulled it out of the game, so they can milk us later for it, as a Paid Addon.

There was even a comment by Oleg somwhere about it.

1C pushed the game before it was ready, they also took the SU-26 out to sell it later.

Don't blame UBI for it. This whole mess is 1c's doinng.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-14-2011, 04:02 PM
how often did you flew the Tiger Moth ?
I did it once, maximum 5 minutes.........................

They should put their precious time in the development of combat aircraft. Trainer aircraft in a game........ you hit refly and one is not dying in front of a PC screen 'cockpit' :D
A trainer does teach you nothing in game - the most complex stuff in CoD is its CEM not the flying itself.

The Spit'Lady' and the italian planes (because they came soooo late in action in 1940 !) were already questionable decisions in the CoD planeset.
All the work in a flyable Wellington instead would have been much better IMHO - but thats past....

A flyable Wellington,yup,would've loved that,have'nt flown the Italian planes,don't think I ever will,what a waste of time and ebergy.

The history of the Italian air force during the BOB was laughable,they flew two very unsuccessful missions,and on both occasions got slaughtered by the RAF Hurricanes.

I have to agree,the devs would have won over more friends by spending their time creating a flyable Wellington,what a pity.

As regards the Spit lady,don't even go there,they did'nt include the animated bail out,that was left out,but we got the Spit lady.......,Jeez!!