PDA

View Full Version : Use this TS Channel

Richie
08-13-2011, 10:45 PM
If you can't get the Syndicate Ventrilo to work try this TS 2 server. It's the old Teampseak 2 Spits VS 109s server. No one uses it anymore because they've switch over to Teamspeak 3 There's tons of channels.

password is falcon9

ATAG_Bliss
08-13-2011, 10:49 PM
oh man, yuck. TS2 is so awful sounding that it makes you think you are actually in a real WWII plane with old technology.

What can't you get to work with ventrilo?

Richie
08-13-2011, 11:16 PM
That's exactly what I want! I really don't want to be listening to high quality stuff when I'm in WWII the crappier the better. Old Roger Wilco is even better but no way can that be used. I've been trying all this time and still can't get Ventrilo to connect.

ATAG_Bliss
08-13-2011, 11:32 PM
That's exactly what I want! I really don't want to be listening to high quality stuff when I'm in WWII the crappier the better. Old Roger Wilco is even better but no way can that be used. I've been trying all this time and still can't get Ventrilo to connect.

LOL

It sounds like you have the wrong port or server IP entered. Did you have a gander at the setup guide? Should be EZPZ!

http://syndicatesquadron.com/forum/showthread.php?336-1st-time-Ventrilo-users-setup-guide..

Redroach
08-13-2011, 11:47 PM
oh man, yuck. TS2 is so awful sounding that it makes you think you are actually in a real WWII plane with old technology.

...which is quite nice for hard-core realism geeks, isn't it?
If I remember correctlly, a german Il-2 squad used to loop their voice comms through actual, old radio equipment, in order to make it sound more realistic - and they even used german aviator's period slang ("Pauke Pauke" etc.) to an almost religious extent. Search for "ZG26" Il-2 videos on YouTube :rolleyes:

No, more seriously, I was quite satisfied with vent's quality and usability, lately.

Richie
08-14-2011, 12:08 AM
That's a little too far for me...Those guys scare me lol. I like the old scratchy sound of Roger Wilco. My friend Venny even hates TS 3 because it sounds too good.

Richie
08-14-2011, 01:13 AM
Spits VS 109s Bomber Night TS2 video

http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/wopDownloads/bombernight_video/BN12Dec08Final.htm

whoarmongar
08-14-2011, 01:55 AM
KKRRRR PHZZZZZ SQURRRRR Whoar calling Richi ZZZZZZ WHHRRRR POP.
Whoar calling Richie over FZZZ KRRRRRRRRRRrrrrr....
I cant believe you really want worse sounding comms over.

It would be rather cool to be able to switch between vent or your t/s channels via the radio in cockpit tho wouldnt it.

Richie
08-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Finally got it working.

ATAG_MajorBorris
08-14-2011, 11:52 PM
"Teampseak 2 Spits VS 109s server"

Only for the lonely...

Syn coms would be a better choice for syndicate server sorties.