PDA

View Full Version : @MG - UBI Logo Issues

JG52Krupi
08-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi MG,

I was wondering what is going to be done about the ATI/UBI logo issue.

This is still causing the new comers problems, the game barely runs if you have an ATI card and don't know about the problem. Surely it should have been deleted or replaced by now!!!

Redroach
08-13-2011, 04:51 PM
hmm... but it's fixed if you rename/delete the relevant file, isn't it? Or are you referencing a new problem? Don't scare me! ;)
Btw: I am an ATI card user and, subjectively, without measuring around, I've only got a minimal performance gain, if at all. But then again, maybe there is indeed one and I haven't noticed it.

JG52Krupi
08-13-2011, 05:05 PM
hmm... but it's fixed if you rename/delete the relevant file, isn't it? Or are you referencing a new problem? Don't scare me! ;)
Btw: I am an ATI card user and, subjectively, without measuring around, I've only got a minimal performance gain, if at all. But then again, maybe there is indeed one and I haven't noticed it.

Same problem.

Well today I told a guy that was having low fps to delete it and when he did he more than doubled his fps!!!

jimbop
08-13-2011, 08:29 PM
JG52Krupi, maybe this is something for the Ubi forums? I usually think they're a waste of time but this is something that could me relevant enough. Or do you think it's the way 1C has implemented the video that is causing the problem?

sorak
08-13-2011, 09:33 PM
JG52Krupi, maybe this is something for the Ubi forums? I usually think they're a waste of time but this is something that could me relevant enough. Or do you think it's the way 1C has implemented the video that is causing the problem?

Lets use a brain for a second. Lets think.. How could a simple video file cause this. IT DOESNT its the way 1c has implemented to video for loading.

It would be funny though to complain about this to UBISOFT.. Just to be funny and a smartass though.

Ali Fish
08-13-2011, 09:53 PM
i wish someone would do something. cant expect 1C to take notice of anything on this forum, (an observation)

Phazon
08-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi MG,

I was wondering what is going to be done about the ATI/UBI logo issue.

This is still causing the new comers problems, the game barely runs if you have an ATI card and don't know about the problem. Surely it should have been deleted or replaced by now!!!

Agreed. It "tricks" the GPU into thinking its running a desktop program so the GPU powers down to conserve energy / reduce heat. I know personally it affected the HD4870. It doesn't affect all cards because the "PowerPlay" feature that dynamically controls this sort of stuff is different with each model.

Blackdog_kt
08-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Agreed. It "tricks" the GPU into thinking its running a desktop program so the GPU powers down to conserve energy / reduce heat. I know personally it affected the HD4870. It doesn't affect all cards because the "PowerPlay" feature that dynamically controls this sort of stuff is different with each model.

True. It doesn't happen on nVidia cards, it's an issue with how each Ati model and their drivers handle the card's underclock: if it thinks it's running a desktop application it powers down to lower heat and save on power consumption.

1PL_Lucas
08-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Once I updated the game when the last patch was relased, I thought that it was the patch what reduced my performance. But then I thought about UBI logo... Once deleted, my fps got doubled on my mid-low settings from 30 to 60...

i5 2,66, 4gb ram, ATI 5850 here

br,
Lucas