08-12-2011, 06:07 PM
This weekend only....that's $19.99 U.S.

Troll2k
08-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Get Games also.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/Product/il-2-strumovik-cliffs-of-dover

Redroach
08-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Okay, that information was nice to have some weeks a go, but don't you think that it's a bit boring right now? It seems that you're just hopping onto the bandwagon >.<

E.Dundon
08-12-2011, 06:46 PM
What are you on about Red? It's useful to people that don't have it already...so I'm guessing not you

Redroach
08-12-2011, 07:06 PM
hmm yes, actually, you're right. I was fixated on people wanting to stir up trouble...again. That this is a fully legitimate hint where to get CoD cheaply didn't click on me at first. Sorry

Kankkis
08-12-2011, 08:26 PM

Thanks, two friends of mine bought it right away:o

JG52Krupi
08-12-2011, 08:32 PM

Thanks got someone to make the purchase :D

Caveman
08-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Okay... Maybe a dumb question but...

I'm interested in getting the map, etc... Collectors Edition?

But... The Justflight prome reads like this is download only?

Do I need to go to a box store like Best Buy to get the Collectors edition?

ElAurens
08-13-2011, 12:57 AM
The Collector's Edition is not available in North America.

droz
08-13-2011, 02:57 AM
not available to us residents. utter bs

jimbop
08-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks, bought as a gift for someone. Anyone know if there is a way to get the steam activation code without having to re-download using JustFlight's application? I have my steam backup on disc which he could use.

Timberwolf
08-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks, bought as a gift for someone. Anyone know if there is a way to get the steam activation code without having to re-download using JustFlight's application? I have my steam backup on disc which he could use.

Not 100% on this but i think If you lose your copy They only give you 2 or 3 redownloads providing you have your info

jimbop
08-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Not 100% on this but i think If you lose your copy They only give you 2 or 3 redownloads providing you have your info

Thanks. I've asked them and will post the outcome when I get a response.

Dano
08-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks. I've asked them and will post the outcome when I get a response.

It wont matter once you've got the code, you can download it from steam as much as you like.

_RAAF_Mini
08-13-2011, 11:26 AM
How does downloading a game work?

I have only ever bought disked games for security but i see JustFlight is the only place with this price and that they only have the download option.

So if i download it i download the exe. and then run it and it's like a disk? Correct?

Then i will be prompted to go and get steam for the downloads and so on?

Cheers

Mini

dcal
08-13-2011, 11:34 AM
I want to buy this game but it will not let me download becuase I am in the US. Anyone know of a workaround for this?

Thanks

JG52Krupi
08-13-2011, 12:24 PM
I want to buy this game but it will not let me download becuase I am in the US. Anyone know of a workaround for this?

Thanks

Try these guys.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/Product/il-2-strumovik-cliffs-of-dover

dcal
08-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Thnaks for the link, but I got the same result. It says "We are unable to provide this item for the country you have selected. Please remove it to continue shopping."

I even tried selecting UK as country, no dice. Thanks for the help though.

Troll2k
08-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Choose rest of the world.Then go through the order.Ignore all the warnings and proceed to checkout.

Be truthful about name and address for the credit card info.

jermin
08-13-2011, 02:25 PM
If the dev team is still active after this Christmas, I might consider buying CoD. But right now, this looks like stock clearance to me.

E.Dundon
08-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Digital stock clearance...really?

dcal
08-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I ended up buying from Amazon. It was $39. I paid more but it is downloading now. The other sites would not let me progress pass the screen that said it was not available in my country, they must have changed something that does not allow us to ignore it and proceed

Pudfark
08-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Are you in the U.S.?
If so, I hope your experience was not indicative of
a problem for other U.S. customers...?
I bought from Justflight back in April...with no problems.
I was eager and paid the full retail...no regrets about it.

BP_Tailspin
08-13-2011, 05:09 PM
COD 60% off

I disagree; a game that was only 40% finished that sold for 50 bucks is now on sale for 20 bucks does not = 60% off ... The math does not compute :)

CH_RoadDogg
08-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Where ever you buy it just get the key and download it from steam it will be much faster.

Les
08-13-2011, 07:23 PM
How does downloading a game work?

I have only ever bought disked games for security but i see JustFlight is the only place with this price and that they only have the download option.

So if i download it i download the exe. and then run it and it's like a disk? Correct?

Then i will be prompted to go and get steam for the downloads and so on?

Cheers

Mini

Did you get it sorted out Mini?

I bought the game through Steam so I can't tell you what the exact procedure is when buying it from somewhere else. I do know though that you have to install Steam as part of the Cliffs Of Dover install, regardless of where you bought it. So, as CH_RoadDogg said, it might be easier to just download and install Steam first, then buy your activation key/code for Cliffs of Dover through Justflight, but download and install the game though Steam using that activation key/code.

Tvrdi
08-13-2011, 07:24 PM

some of us purchased for 50 euros and some (like me) for 45 dollars....and was an unwanted alpha and beta tester...I guess I sucked it up because I thought Ill see "new IL2"

jimbop
08-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Yes, the game is unfinished but you can still have a tremendous amount of fun with it and you know that it is being worked on. Definitely worth buying, especially when discounted! :) I was chasing down some 109s last night in a custom single player FMB mission (checking the damage (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25337) modelling and testing their weak spots) when one of the AI 109s just in front of me cut quickly throttle and climbed, flipped over into the start of a split S and nailed me on the way down. As soon as I saw him start to climb I knew he had me but not enough time to do anything about it. Not perfect but you can have some good fun anyway!

Troll2k
08-14-2011, 01:47 AM
This US site has it for $24.99.A friend told me they add a $2.99 activation charge.

I am a little confused as to why a digital download is out of stock.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/bu...ver-Online-Download/

jimbop
08-14-2011, 11:34 AM

From justflight:

"Thank you for buying a copy of Il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover.

Unfortunately demand has been so high for the game at this special price that we’ve got a temporary delay in sending out keycodes. We’re working on resolving this at the moment and should have it sorted within the next 24hrs. As soon as we do we’ll send you your keycode."

So they will send the activation code separately it seems. Not surprising that orders are high, I think most people realise that it's just a matter of time before it is in good shape.

von Pilsner
08-14-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm surprised a weekend sale would cause so much complaining. A sale price should equate to more sales of the game and more money for Luthier and team to keep working on the patches.

dcal
08-14-2011, 01:00 PM
This US site has it for $24.99.A friend told me they add a $2.99 activation charge.

I am a little confused as to why a digital download is out of stock.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/bu...ver-Online-Download/

Yeah I saw that site as well. I sent them an e-mail asking how a digital download could be out of stock(could be activation codes gone?).

I downloaded from Amazon yesterday. Having alot of fun with the game after a looooong wait to finally get it. Looking forward to future expansion and mods.

skouras
08-14-2011, 03:57 PM
From justflight:

"Thank you for buying a copy of Il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover.

Unfortunately demand has been so high for the game at this special price that we’ve got a temporary delay in sending out keycodes. We’re working on resolving this at the moment and should have it sorted within the next 24hrs. As soon as we do we’ll send you your keycode."

So they will send the activation code separately it seems. Not surprising that orders are high, I think most people realise that it's just a matter of time before it is in good shape.

not bad at all..........:grin:

Blackdog_kt
08-14-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm surprised a weekend sale would cause so much complaining. A sale price should equate to more sales of the game and more money for Luthier and team to keep working on the patches.

Don't you know? Everyone want's the game as early as possible, as polished as possible and as cheap as possible. The fact that most of the time these three requirements are mutually exclusive doesn't even register on most people's minds :-P

Thread cleaned up as per the forum rules, due to the downright aggressive nature of certain posts they will not be moved to the arguments thread, they are simply deleted. If people don't like this, they can be a bit more polite and we won't have to do it again.

This includes non-offensive posts that reply or quote the inflammatory posts, in order to completely cut-off the offending bits from the rest of the discussion. So, if someone posted a well mannered post that still disappeared (like BigC208 did) don't worry, you're not in trouble, you just replied to some flamebait ;-)

E.Dundon
08-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Bought! :grin:

Easy breezy purchase from here in Ireland! Downloading using Steam though, just add the product key in Steam and it will associate it with your account permanently, which is handy :).

Now, to get even more involved in the community!

Sokol1
08-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Today I buy from www.getgamesgo.com but Steam dont validate the key... :(

Sokol1

jimbop
08-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Today I buy from www.getgamesgo.com but Steam dont validate the key... :(

Sokol1

Not good news... getgamesgo should fix this for you though?

Blackdog_kt
08-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Thread clean-up, round two.

This is a thread to let people know they can get the game cheaper and talk about how their purchase worked out, to HELP people. This is the topic of the thread.

It's not a thread to inject vitriol along the way, something which doesn't help anyone. This is off-topic.

Off-topic posts have been moved to the arguments and speculations megathread in the pilot's lounge section, if anyone wants to continue arguing they can do so in that thread, not this one.

Pudfark
08-16-2011, 04:20 PM
I originally posted this topic for the duration of the sale.
The sale, I believe has ended.

If this thread could be deleted?
I would have no objection, as it's purpose has been served.

Thank You....

Blackdog_kt
08-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Locked after the OP's request.