PDA

View Full Version : solved the crashing of the game when recording ingame tracks.

David198502
08-12-2011, 09:13 AM
hey guys.i dont know who, except myself, suffers with game crashes when trying to record an ingame track.
and i dont know if thats the solution for your problem, but at least for me i found the problem.and now im able to use the recording tool in game.

on the recording screen there are two "buttons" below the fps one.
one is to record sound and the other states blur.i never knew what it was good for, and i still cant tell.but i always enabled it.and that seems to be the cause for my game to crash when trying to record a track.

normally my attempts resulted immediately in a black screen and a final crash of the game.but yesterday i forgot to click the blur button by accident, and it worked suddenly.
so to everybody who has the same problem,..give it a try.hope it helps.

ps: does anybody know what this blur button is supposed to do?

rakinroll
08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Hey David, thanks for the help. I will try it.

furbs
08-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Has anyone worked out how to switch to outside views when watching a track if the track was recorded on a server with no outside views?

Redroach
08-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Has anyone worked out how to switch to outside views when watching a track if the track was recorded on a server with no outside views?

I thought that's not possible? Someone in the MP forum has stated this... the video adheres to the server rules (in terms of view settings) as well.

Les
08-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Blur causes my game to lock up or crash too, and as far as I know there is no way to switch to outside views when watching a track if the track was recorded on a server (or even offline) with no outside views enabled.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21404&highlight=recording+tracks

furbs
08-12-2011, 05:27 PM
I thought that's not possible? Someone in the MP forum has stated this... the video adheres to the server rules (in terms of view settings) as well.

Its got to be a bug, IL2 has no such problem.

Redroach
08-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Its got to be a bug, IL2 has no such problem.

that's not meaning anything, not necessarily. I mean, I, myself, think it would be better if perspectives could be freely chosen in replays, but some crude reasoning against it would be that you could gain some advantage in MP.
Again, I'd fully be okay and would be happier without that limitation. The presumably unfair advantages that could be gained in MP are minimal, in my opinion.

furbs
08-12-2011, 06:23 PM
that's not meaning anything, not necessarily. I mean, I, myself, think it would be better if perspectives could be freely chosen in replays, but some crude reasoning against it would be that you could gain some advantage in MP.
Again, I'd fully be okay and would be happier without that limitation. The presumably unfair advantages that could be gained in MP are minimal, in my opinion.

A advantage AFTER the mission, watching the track back maybe days later? :)

no, its a bug.

Redroach
08-12-2011, 06:26 PM
not if you could open the replay on a second instance of CoD/on a second pc.

furbs
08-12-2011, 06:45 PM
And you dont think that is taking things a bit far? :) and then what?

Record a track, then stop playing while you copy the the track to your second PC with a second copy of COD, then watch the track back....for what advantage? :)

Blackdog_kt
08-12-2011, 06:50 PM
I think it's done to prevent analyzing the opponent's tactics in competitive matches and online wars.

I prefer it the old way but it does make sense in case of highly competitive tournaments.

I think the solution would be simple, just one more checkbox in the server options: "allow view changing in recorded tracks".

A further option would be for the server to be able to over-ride this and capture "unrestricted" replays which would then be made available for download. This way there would be no intelligence gathering while the tournament is ongoing, but the server admins would release the records once it was over in case someone wanted to make a movie of it.

SiThSpAwN
08-12-2011, 07:17 PM
I think it's done to prevent analyzing the opponent's tactics in competitive matches and online wars.

I prefer it the old way but it does make sense in case of highly competitive tournaments.

I think the solution would be simple, just one more checkbox in the server options: "allow view changing in recorded tracks".

A further option would be for the server to be able to over-ride this and capture "unrestricted" replays which would then be made available for download. This way there would be no intelligence gathering while the tournament is ongoing, but the server admins would release the records once it was over in case someone wanted to make a movie of it.

I like this idea about allowing it in the server options. Would be nice... in general allowing outside view on recorded tracks shouldnt be an issue.

Redroach
08-12-2011, 07:32 PM
And you dont think that is taking things a bit far? :) and then what?

Record a track, then stop playing while you copy the the track to your second PC with a second copy of COD, then watch the track back....for what advantage? :)

That's what I was saying earlier.

David198502
08-12-2011, 08:59 PM
now that im able to record my tracks, i decided to make my first attempt of producing a small video.well im no Spielberg, but i hope you can enjoy it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIFTgSjL0mc