PDA

View Full Version : Please 1C some BOB info...we beg you

bhunter2112
01-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Please a little info on BOB. Anything would be helpful. "we cannot talk because we are in the final stages of talks with new publisher" fine, just give us something. Are you shooting for a 08 release date? Can you give us a year block of time time frame 08...09...10. Web site? Release some video or game descripition screenies. Something....Anything.
Yes we get a couple of Oleg question answer threads and a few old dev screenies. Why is this project being handled this way? Google the game Spore which will be released "someday" and you are flooded with info, video, interviews, and hundreds of in game screen shots.
Please forum members everyone hit this thread and maybe we will get some INFO.

JG52Uther
01-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Well it would be nice but if Oleg does not want to release any more info yet there is not much we can do about it except be patient.

Viking
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I think that the sentiment is that we are quite happy today as we just recently had a glimpse of BoB and a beta patch for Il-2.

As for the release date, take a look backwards how this “community” have treated broken “promises”, guesses or hints about releases historically and you will understand the silence. Perhaps even appreciate it.

Viking

bhunter2112
01-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Yes I am very happy with 46 and am happy to get the 4.09 whenever it comes along. That is all well and good.
I am being patient. Four years have gone by. Am I crazy to ask for some in game screenies & vids once a month for a game that has been in production for four years and is heading for release (in Nov 06). Maybe a web site! I am a very loyal 1c customer and have bought every form of this game since 01. Heck I even bought the half baked Theater Of War because of the rep of this company. Anyway.....that's my .02 I just want some information. Can I get a hug?

Feuerfalke
01-08-2008, 07:00 PM
And lets not forget UBI holds the cards here and they put a stop to all infos. So it's not just up to 1Cs free will. It's a bit more complicated than just somebody wanting to do something or not.

1.JaVA_Sharp
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
oh and as an extra, I do believe that Oleg woud have a holliday, as it's around the day after the orthodox christmas over in russia.

So in this case, a belated happy holidays Oleg.

nearmiss
01-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Lack of information and not much in the way of marketing are just things that go with IL2.

You likeeee the simeeee, you waiteeeee.

Oleg telleeee when he readeeeeeee.

As I recall we just go another patch for IL2 1946. Am I mistaken or something? Now how many more patches does that give us over MSFT products, and all the other combat flight sim software releases, i.e, CFS2, Jane's WW2 Fighters, Falcon 4.0, etc. Let's see no patch releases from MSFT for CFS1, CFS2 and one release for CFS3... I think the standard number of patch releases for any combat flight sim has been zero to 1 patches total.

Oleg is doing the best he can I'm sure of it, and when we finally get the BOB SOW it'll be a worth the wait.

You do have Oleg answers and some information releases on this forums.

bhunter2112
01-08-2008, 09:59 PM
I am not complaining at all about the 46 game. I have had IL2 on my PC since 11/01. The reason I love this game is mostly due to the backing and shared passion of the creating team which shows in the product. The patches and the added content are amazing. As I already stated I bought Theatre of War game because of the 1C rep. No other flight sim comes close and none live on my PC.
I will enjoy 46 until BOB is released. That does not change my hunger for information about BOB.

Avimimus
01-09-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm, generally speaking, satiated. There is enough news to gloat over compared to the past few years - so I say tighten your belts.

Of course, the moment Oleg shows footage of wings warping under aerodynamic stress or complex damage/physics models for ground objects it will be a different story... then I won't be able to wait until I get a copy in my hands!

S!

MB_Avro_UK
01-09-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm, generally speaking, satiated. There is enough news to gloat over compared to the past few years - so I say tighten your belts.

Of course, the moment Oleg shows footage of wings warping under aerodynamic stress or complex damage/physics models for ground objects it will be a different story... then I won't be able to wait until I get a copy in my hands!

S!

I agree. I suspect that when it's released it won't be a rushed buggy product with endless updates. It has to be right first time or sales will suffer.

The original il2 was perfect for it's time and I'm sure the devs are going to do the same with SoW BoB.

I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes.

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.

bhunter2112
01-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes we are all going to wait, if we are prepared or not.
I will wait too...that is not the point.
I would like to wait with Information! Lots of production video and screen shots.
What am I going to play something else? what? there is nothing else.

Show the community something to create chatter and intrest (marketing 101).

Jagdwaffe
01-10-2008, 12:49 AM
I believe bhunter2112's request is not unreasonable.

Avimimus
01-10-2008, 02:19 AM
*cough*

Didn't we just receive an October update?
and a November update?
and a December update?

So why not go outside run in circles a few times, give yourself a nice comforting snow facial (assuming you live in the right climate zones) and then, cooled down, wait until February?

As Oleg said "Be happy in new year!"

bhunter2112
01-10-2008, 06:30 AM
yes we got a few old dev screen shots in oct, nov, dec. great. the only snow in hawaii is on the top of mauna kea.
I took the kids to the beach today ! Eat your heart out.

Jagdwaffe
01-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Avimimus - ridiculing others who don't agree with you is appalling.

So far we have seen very little of BoB. Given the amount of hype BoB has generated it is understandable that many would like to see a decent foretaste of what will be the most amazing sim of all time.

This is the IL-2 Sturmovik forum anyway. There is no BoB:SoW forum...yet.

BadAim
01-10-2008, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't mind a little more eye candy myself, but I also appreciate the suspense, kind of like an old time thriller. (cue music from"Psycho") BTW, Hunter,heres a hug for ya', I feel your pain.

JG52Uther
01-10-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm sure Oleg has his reasons.We can ask all we like,but ultimately it is entirely up to him whether he shows us anything or not.I think theres 2 ways of looking at it,either they have not got very far (I don't believe this myself) or,within the next few months,the floodgates are going to open and a lot of info is going to come out.

Avimimus
01-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Avimimus - ridiculing others who don't agree with you is appalling.

I agree wholeheartedly! I just don't see that anyone in this thread doesn't agree with me. If anything I only wish to encourage peace of mind and confidence in the future.

"So why not go outside run in circles a few times, give yourself a nice comforting snow facial (assuming you live in the right climate zones) and then, cooled down, wait until February?"

Is what I do to relax and have a good time.

"As Oleg said "Be happy in new year!""

Is simply well wishing.

greypeace
01-12-2008, 08:33 AM
I would like a minimal specs sheet
and
a top specs sheet limit(meaning 32/64 bits machine multi processors machine etc...ram/400/800.....)
windows 2K xp, vista ...

lower limit < my computer < top notch

as these possible top specs have altered considerably in 2 , 2 1/2 years
and keep altering ,hopefully not much faster than the game design....
This in order to make a choice in updating (2.5 years old system)

Robert
01-12-2008, 10:59 AM
I would like a minimal specs sheet
and
a top specs sheet limit(meaning 32/64 bits machine multi processors machine etc...ram/400/800.....)
windows 2K xp, vista ...

lower limit < my computer < top notch

as these possible top specs have altered considerably in 2 , 2 1/2 years
and keep altering ,hopefully not much faster than the game design....
This in order to make a choice in updating (2.5 years old system)

Oleg mentioned the computer specs will be released spring/summer 08.

Avimimus
01-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Last it was heard SOW didn't make full use of multiple processors. Furthermore, Oleg will not be moving to DX10 anytime soon. He will aim for a minimum spec equal to an average gaming machine in existence at the release date (probably some time in 2009). The performance requirements will likely rapidly grow with each expansion though (as was the case with Il2).

As always ram and cpu power will be more important then the video card. S!

greypeace
01-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Last it was heard SOW didn't make full use of multiple processors. Furthermore, Oleg will not be moving to DX10 anytime soon. He will aim for a minimum spec equal to an average gaming machine in existence at the release date (probably some time in 2009). The performance requirements will likely rapidly grow with each expansion though (as was the case with Il2).

May be an option for multiprocessors ::idea:???
Definitely
Move to DDR2 (DDR3 is stil too expansive :shock:) 2 to 4 gigs
Keep old display card until further notice :confused:

Thanks for the answer
:grin:

Tvrdi
01-13-2008, 04:15 PM

so you really think oleg and team need one more year to finish BOB SOW??? didnt he said it will be released this year...

Skarphol
01-13-2008, 08:58 PM
It has been indicated, by SaQsoN IIRC, that they can't afford NOT to release it in 2008. He is not a representative for 1C though, but he sure knows pretty much what's going on in that company.

Skarphol

Avimimus
01-14-2008, 02:09 AM
so you really think oleg and team need one more year to finish BOB SOW??? didnt he said it will be released this year...

Third times lucky *shrug*, it should have been released twice by now.

As for the company, it is quite possible they are relying on the second product in order to make the profit. It should be possible to release a new SOW ever 18-30 months, but the first one requires several years of development to get the engine in place and running smoothly.

jasonbirder
01-14-2008, 12:52 PM
To a certain extent...given that SOW-BOB is supposed to be the lead title for alot of expansions built around the same game engine (and bearing in mind the lifespan of the FB/AEP/PF/1946 Engine) The fact that its not built to support multiple processors and/or DX10 seems a little strange...while they might be cutting edge now...what will they be considered in 5 - 7 years time...

crazyivan1970
01-14-2008, 04:18 PM
It has been indicated, by SaQsoN IIRC, that they can't afford NOT to release it in 2008. He is not a representative for 1C though, but he sure knows pretty much what's going on in that company.

Skarphol

Maybe SaQsoN was talking about his Sim, i mean Korea. That is what he is working on ;)

JG52Uther
01-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Maybe SaQsoN was talking about his Sim, i mean Korea. That is what he is working on ;)
Yes,if IIRC Oleg said they had to release SoW in 2007! ;)

crazyivan1970
01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
I think if we see beta shots from SOW in the summer... we might see it go gold before xmas... Maybe something symbolic... released on the same day as IL2 was, eh? I forget.. was it November 21st or something?

JG52Uther
01-14-2008, 04:40 PM
It would be nice if it was released EVERYWHERE on the same day hint hint!
None of this staggered release nonsense ubi is so keen on.

crazyivan1970
01-14-2008, 04:41 PM
We can only hope...

proton45
01-14-2008, 07:53 PM
I wonder if the delay in the "OpenGL 3.0" revision has anything to do with the "BoB SoW" release date?

Peffi
01-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Gentlemen, place your bets. Is it going to be BoB,SoW that's gonna hit the shelves first, or is it going to be FighterOps....? :grin:

crazyivan1970
01-17-2008, 04:19 PM
What is fighter ops?

Rjel
01-17-2008, 07:16 PM
I think if we see beta shots from SOW in the summer... we might see it go gold before xmas... Maybe something symbolic... released on the same day as IL2 was, eh? I forget.. was it November 21st or something?

I don't remember the exact date, but it was just before Thanksgiving here in the U.S. when it was released. Tough choice there. Play more IL2 or eat a big meal? Big meal won out. ;)

1.JaVA_Sharp
01-17-2008, 08:47 PM
What is fighter ops?

a modern jet sim.

Robert
01-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Today's Friday. Will there be an Oleg update or not? Tune in to find out kiddies. Same Bat Time. Same Bat Channel.

Sim
01-18-2008, 05:45 PM
What is fighter ops?

It's a scam. Similar scam was done about 8 years ago by VOSS....this time it's upgraded and just like last time, people will lose money by trusting into something that never existed.

Peffi
01-18-2008, 07:44 PM
It's a scam. Similar scam was done about 8 years ago by VOSS....this time it's upgraded and just like last time, people will lose money by trusting into something that never existed.

Interesting. I didn't know Fighter Ops was a scam and I havent heard about VOSS. The only thing I know about Fighterops is that it takes a loooong time to finish. They haven't even sat a target date for release.

My point is I dont' know what is taking Oleg and his men so long but I am not critisising them for it. I do however have hard time to understand why every cogwheel in the engine, why every flyshit on the windscreen and every screw in the airframe has to be nailed down to the minutes detail to be correctly rendered even in an electron-microscope. When playing the game everything is going to flash by by the split of a second anyway. When is a player going to be peeking inside the wheelbay of an airplane or study its navigation lights? I hope Oleg are devoting his time to matters that matter and not to details that none will notice anyway. :)

JG52Uther
01-18-2008, 10:02 PM
A lot of people WILL notice the details be sure.To me thats what will make it a sim rather than a game.

ElAurens
01-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Agree 100% Uther.

For a real shocker, load up the original unpatched IL2, look at the He 111, and then tell me the details don't matter.

;-)