PDA

View Full Version : User edited tutorials (HELP!)

SephirothUK
08-11-2011, 12:33 AM
I had recently downloaded this from steam but then got VERY confused quickly. looked on forums etc and came across the video showing what you can do. does anyone not think that video should actually be a tutorial etc.

another problem is textures. textures. i cant seem to add texture ive tried downloading the 3GB file in the forum and cant seem to install it correctly. they just dont show up in the 'texture materials' pop up screen. i tried adding manually, right click 'new'. But doesnt seem to add them.

also so far in the map ive just added some decorations etc and the main hero amelie. i try using the 'switch to game' button in general but it doesnt do anything. any ideas?

i mainly wanted this thread for users to just type some simple walkthroughs if they feel like it etc. can include some nice youtube links for videos perhaps.

ty in advance

infernal1800
08-11-2011, 05:05 AM
I had recently downloaded this from steam but then got VERY confused quickly. looked on forums etc and came across the video showing what you can do. does anyone not think that video should actually be a tutorial etc.

another problem is textures. textures. i cant seem to add texture ive tried downloading the 3GB file in the forum and cant seem to install it correctly. they just dont show up in the 'texture materials' pop up screen. i tried adding manually, right click 'new'. But doesnt seem to add them.

also so far in the map ive just added some decorations etc and the main hero amelie. i try using the 'switch to game' button in general but it doesnt do anything. any ideas?

i mainly wanted this thread for users to just type some simple walkthroughs if they feel like it etc. can include some nice youtube links for videos perhaps.

ty in advance

Thanks for asking this question :grin:

Yeah, I've looking for a person who want to use the editor like me :) Maybe it's a bit arrogant to say that but I can tell you I understand 90% of contents in the editor except editing item because I havent tried it yet. I also want to post a basic walkthrough about the editor but this's seemed nobody interested in editor :(

-First, I recommend you to use the adobe acrobat file name "Editor". It's located in the same folder with your Editor. It will tell you everything about the editor and also has some picture for demonstrating. Or simply download it from this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fsow7hn5mwq8wxw

-Second, If you want to use texture you have to edit the configuration file name "editor" located in folder C:\king bounty\Kings Bounty Crossworld\editor. Open it and look at the third line, type the location of folder you want to store texture file ( Sourcemedia-3gb) For example:

sets ~sourcemediafolder "D:\king bouty princess\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\data\Sourcemedia"

Open the Editor, Load the map you want to edit => ctrl + L or go to landscape section in right upper corner => go to "texturing tool" => the list of texture will pop up. If not, you have to click to the button next to "Category" double click any line here e.g desertland, demonlands or deadlands... and click Ok => all the texture you selected in previous step will appear in the popup window. If you want to use other texture, simply select other type or select all of them. It's up to you

-Sorry, I dont know about this "switch to game" function but if you want to play the map, there is another way to do it which is a bit more complicated. Here is the way:

+ Let's call your map "Hell Pit"

+ Open the map Debir (the first map of the game) => Press ctrl + A or go to "Atom" section => look at the board in the right bottom corner => double click the "Logic" category or click the "+" sign next to it => scroll down a little bit and click the "portal" section. => Here you can see somethings have yellow color or black or blue, dont worry about it => just look for the one name "portal_twirl_red" and select it => place it in front of the castle of King Ferderic (first castle). This portal will be the entrance to the map you've created, let's call it "portal A" => Save the progress

+ Next, switch to "Hell Pit" map, return to the portal section on the right of the screen => choose the one name "trigger_zone" (the first one) this one will determine the location that your hero will spawn after going to the portal you created in Debir. Let's call it "trigger A" => place it anywhere you want, after go to "portal A" your hero will spawn on this location => right click "trigger A" => select "edit logic unit", a small window will pop up => go to "portal" tab => In here, you will see "This portal tag" line, type "debir_to_hellpit" (dont type " " ) you can change hellpit to your map name if you want :) => click ok and save the progress

+ Now switch to Debir map and right click "portal A" => click "edit logic unit" go to "traps" tab => in here, you will see 2 line or more, the first is something like INTERACTION_PASSIVE_ON, (ORC: interaction trap specific...) and the second is CLICK_CAPTURE. Click the "+" next to the first line => A small line name "switch location: (), delay 0 sec" will spawn below the first line, double click it => Now, another window will appear, look for those "Add" "Del" "Restore" button and click "Add" => One more window appear, in here you will see one or more line on the list, try to look for name debir_to_hellpit and double click it then click ok until all the windows are closed.

+ Now, you can access to your map or Hell Pit :grin: But another small problem still there, you've just created a portal lead to Hell Pit which is "portal A" but you cannot return to Debir. So, you have to create another portal lead you from Hell Pit to Debir. Simply use exactly the same way with "portal A" to create a "portal B" and use it to return to Debir from Hell Pit.

That's all about portal, If you want to access a map or island via Nevigation Map and boat, you have to edit the World Map of the game which is very complicated :(. So that, I recommend you just use portals to teleport between maps and remember to save anything you've done :)

If you have any problem, just post it and I will try to help you out. Right now I dont have time to write a walkthrough because I'm busy with creating maps but I will share you guys everything I know about editing the game, not just the Editor ;)

Sorry for my bad English :(

SephirothUK
08-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Wow, i didnt even realise there was a manual, (http://www.avatarhosting.net/pics/12714/picardfacepalm.jpg). and yeah didnt realise you have do double click on the texture to get it to bolden. Whoops. So once again thank you so much, still have the try the last part but this will send me on my way quite happily :) .

and btw your english is perfect ;)

Just tried loading my map from ingame and it crashed. hmph. I will try more later. (i placed the portals as you said but as it was in loading screen the game crashed.

infernal1800
08-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Wow, i didnt even realise there was a manual, (http://www.avatarhosting.net/pics/12714/picardfacepalm.jpg). and yeah didnt realise you have do double click on the texture to get it to bolden. Whoops. So once again thank you so much, still have the try the last part but this will send me on my way quite happily :) .

and btw your english is perfect ;)

Just tried loading my map from ingame and it crashed. hmph. I will try more later. (i placed the portals as you said but as it was in loading screen the game crashed.

Nahh, it's seemed every other editors of people are suck except mine :( If you cannot load the ingame map. You can download my editor from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2jqn8i3g33tidph

Simply download it and copy and paste all the file into the game folder. Remember to backup file before copying. I'm not guarantee that it will help but why not :)