PDA

View Full Version : Recording Question

smink1701
08-09-2011, 08:26 PM
In the game I escape and select Start Recording/name file/save, etc.

When I go to view the file I get one second of water like I just went in the drink. Anyone else get this? Am I doing something wrong. One of the best things about all this eye candy is watching your missions.:(

ATAG_Doc
08-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Is that what it is? Never knew! If we're talking about the same thing. When I play a track back I have to leave edit views off until I play the track for at least a second or two then go back and check edit views. Is that what you're talking about? Is that water? I never noticed.

ATAG_Dutch
08-09-2011, 10:07 PM
It defaults to that view, hit F1 or F2 and you'll get the views you need.

Yep, it's a bit weird but this is true. The track editor though, well that's another thing altogether. ;-)

Sokol1
08-10-2011, 12:59 AM
When I go to view the file I get one second of water like I just went in the drink. Anyone else get this? Am I doing something wrong. One of the best things about all this eye candy is watching your missions.

If you chance Edit Time, Edit Views, etc. before start play track you get corrupt track.

Start track without touch Edit options, pause, adjust Edit options and play, go normal.

Sokol1

ATAG_Doc
08-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Ya, its like extremely pixelated water at a wrong color palette! Its really wierd, first couple of times, I thought the replay was broken.

Cool I just did it and it worked. Thanks! That was a little annoying.

fireflyerz
08-10-2011, 07:04 AM
If you chance Edit Time, Edit Views, etc. before start play track you get corrupt track.

Start track without touch Edit options, pause, adjust Edit options and play, go normal.

Sokol1

Hmmmm interesting....I go play......

Pluto
08-10-2011, 11:23 AM
In the game I escape and select Start Recording/name file/save, etc.

When I go to view the file I get one second of water like I just went in the drink. Anyone else get this? Am I doing something wrong. One of the best things about all this eye candy is watching your missions.:(

... if you want to make recordings where you have external views you have to put it in the settings before you fly that special mission that you want to record. Put settings on "external view" - on and cockpit "not" always on!
Then fly your mission and record it. This way you can edit it later with flyby view and external views in general. Dont forget to close the game after changing the settings and before you fly your mission, otherwise it will not accept the changes.

I know in the old IL2 it was not like that, you didnt have to change your settings first. It`s probably one of the unfinished features of this sim?
:)

PS: when you edit the recorded track you have to have the same settings as when you fly the mission of course.

smink1701
08-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the pointers. While this now works it's not as good as IL-2 classic. Maybe the developers have this on thier To-DO list.

ATAG_Doc
08-10-2011, 06:29 PM
You can play a track and see the mission from any object or other aircraft point of view externally. But can you switch to a cockpit view of another aircraft during playback also?

Pluto
08-10-2011, 06:30 PM
... oh by the way, ... something you may see when you watch your recording, it does not always exactly show what was going on. Maybe in the mission you landed successfully and in the replay of the same mission you see yourself crashing somewhere.

That was the same in the old IL2 and they never got that fixed. Now we have the same in Cliffs of Dover again ! If your recording is longer than 10 minutes, you will see these mistakes occure !

I wonder how the guys from "Rise of Flight" did that, because there you can record a mission of 30 minutes or longer and it shows afterwards exactly what was happening, no mistakes in the replays !
:???::!:

Pluto
08-10-2011, 06:33 PM
You can play a track and see the mission from any object or other aircraft point of view externally. But can you switch to a cockpit view of another aircraft during playback also?

no you cant

ATAG_Doc
08-11-2011, 02:52 PM
no you cant

Aww that's very disappointing and unexpected because it would sure be nice to be able to be in any view you want during playback.

Bomber in the top gunners position or side gunner so you can see the attack from the a/c that's under attack. If they had the sounds working correctly even hear the sounds of the shells rattling though the fuselage.

Pluto
08-11-2011, 05:18 PM
... if that would be the only thing that is disappointing in this sim, I would not complain at all, sorry !

There is much more other stuff to complain about.
Not working weathersystem, bad searchlights for flak, no warships, not fully functional mission editor, etc., etc., etc., ... the list is long !

Let`s hope they will fix it one day, before someone else brings out a better WW2 flightsim.
:roll: