PDA

View Full Version : BLUE Pilots need on the Syndicate server

JG52Krupi
08-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi guys,

We are trying to organize a sortie against 6 reds from 56RAF.

If you are a 109 or 110 pilot please jump on the syndicate vent....

http://www.griffinproaudio.com/images/We-Need-You1.jpg

:lol:

2 blue pilots need atm...

Redroach
08-07-2011, 08:20 PM
shameless propaganda!
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~pv/pv/courses/posters/images1/RAFtarget.jpg

ATAG_Bliss
08-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Get vent people!

:D

mcler002
08-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Next time send me a message and ill see if I'm about!!!

Always willing to fight either side, any aircraft!!!

Good hunting

Ross

ATAG_Doc
08-07-2011, 10:34 PM
How many people? And what is this server costing to host?

JG52Krupi
08-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Well that was friggin amazing ~50 players online and skip bombing in my 109 :cool:

JG52Krupi
08-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Next time send me a message and ill see if I'm about!!!

Always willing to fight either side, any aircraft!!!

Good hunting

Ross

Cool will do, just make sure you have either/both Vent or Teamspeak installed :cool:

Hopefully we will get another bunch of ppl online tomorrow as well.

NedLynch
08-08-2011, 12:33 AM
I have to ask, since I have never used ventrillo or teamspeak.

Is it a service you have to pay for and where do I have to go to get, let's say, ventrillo?

Blackdog_kt
08-08-2011, 02:07 AM
Ventrillo and teamspeak are voice communication software and are both available for free, just google it up and download the client software.

What costs money is providing a server for people to connect (which is taken care of by the SYN guys, i guess they are hosting their voice comms on the same server that hosts the actual gaming sessions), as an end-user all you have to do is download, install, input the vent/TS server details in the software, choose a username and tell it to connect.

Then you'll see some channels depending on what the administrator set up (SYN for example might have separate channels for RoF and CoD since they fly both, plus axis and allies channels for each one of those), you "move" your username to the appropriate channel and then you're able to listen and talk to the people in that channel.

NedLynch
08-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Great, thanks, going to google it and get set up. :grin:

jojovtx
08-08-2011, 04:28 AM
That was fun earlier today, or yesterday at this point. When I logged on it was 45 players at 5:00PM EST. Bliss and I flew into a hornets nest of Hurricanes at Hawkinge after blasting down a couple of their hangers. I got one after a beautiful drag by Bliss. Bliss lost elevator from a Flak burst and it was all downhill from there. Some other dude on comms showed up just in time to scare them all off and I was able to bail out near our fleet near France. Unfortunately Bliss will be sitting out the rest of the war as he had to bail near Folkestone.

mcler002
08-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I use TS3!!!

Ross

jojovtx
08-08-2011, 11:04 AM
vent is free ;)

erzwodezwo
08-08-2011, 12:05 PM
hey folks,
anyone got the adress for the syndicate teamspeak server? thanks

JG52Krupi
08-08-2011, 12:13 PM
hey folks,
anyone got the adress for the syndicate teamspeak server? thanks

That might be hard as they use vent :grin:

But you find the vent details on there website, on the right side of the page. In fact if you click the link with vent closed it loads vent up with all the details ;)

klem
08-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi JG52Krupi, SYN_Bliss

I'd like to try that again next Sunday but I think it calls for a new thread to announce it and get everyone together.

I'm trying to get some of our guys again and get them on Ventrilo as thats the only way to get all the Reds and all the Blues working together.

Unfortunately last night by the time it got going we had lost three to RoF but if it gets up and running on time I think it will be different.

If we do it I think it would help the first one of we have some idea of what the objective is, like "LW attacking shipping", "LW Attacking London". Its a bit difficult getting it to work on an open server without some idea of what is intended. I suggest a start of 8pm UK, reporting in at 7:30pm and running for say two hours or until objective achieved.

Whadya think?

JG52Krupi
08-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Sounds good to me count me in :D

P.S. Thanks for kicking this off yesterday Klem, very cool stuff :D

RCAF_FB_Orville
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Krupi mate, at what time were 50 people on? (GMT). I tried late on (between 11pm-12.30 am GMT/BST approx) and there were 15 people playing worldwide (on syndicate).

Also, is it now the case that the 'numbers' listed are all actually Human players? A long while back, Syndicate had consistently high 'attendance' of (I think around 25 or so) but I found that the majority of them were actually 'bots' at the time that were apparently being counted (months ago)....is this no longer the case?

I think people are probably avoiding multiplayer till the sound, control and FM issues are fixed...err, alright, the entire sim, lol. :) Especially the badly porked Spit MkI). I would try and fly for Blue if required next weekend, (prefer Red) but I still get crazy input issues with the 109......Flaps opening when they feel like it, landing gear sometimes refusing to extend, elevator trim function randomly ceasing, CEM seizing up completely and radiator control seizing up etc. Really annoying ( I do not get this with Spits and Hurris).

Note: Nothing to do with anthropomorphic control either, its badly bugged and I reported it months ago at SimHq. It can actually be 'fixed' sometimes by exiting to menu screen and then hitting 'fly' again.....but mostly I have to restart the mission entirely. :(

klem
08-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I can vouch for the 50+, I counted them off the stats list, roughly 60% blue vs 40% red. Thats was around 10pm I think. All with names only humans could think of :)

btw try the Rotol Hurricane. With the 109s underperforming it's almost like taking them on in a Rotol Spitfire. I feel sorry for them..... actually while we don't have a Rotol Spitfire I don't feel sorry at all ;)

Turn Forest OFF to stop the sound bug (for the next two weeks anyway).

Maybe you'll fly Red next Sunday?

JG52Krupi
08-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I fly blue and red and while the spit mk1 is not correct in the right hands it can be a killer and the 109 seems to stall very easily. I have flown the hurri perhaps three times and I will always jump onto the opposite side if I see a uneven team number so I reckon I have spent 40-45% of my time in spits :).

ATAG_Bliss
08-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Great, thanks, going to google it and get set up. :grin:

This is the easy way. Here's a detailed setup guide that should get you or anyone setup: http://syndicatesquadron.com/forum/showthread.php?336-1st-time-Ventrilo-users-setup-guide..

McFeckit
08-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Had my first play on Syndicate server this eve flying only Spits. Great fun! And very chuffed with my first kill.

A big thanks to SYN_Bliss for answering my questions and giving me some tips. Friendly bunch chez Syn, my server of choice at the moment.

PS: I was not paid to say this....honest :-)

mcler002
08-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Had my first play on Syndicate server this eve flying only Spits. Great fun! And very chuffed with my first kill.

A big thanks to SYN_Bliss for answering my questions and giving me some tips. Friendly bunch chez Syn, my server of choice at the moment.

PS: I was not paid to say this....honest :-)

Say didn't I shot you down :p - Ross in a me 109 E4

McFeckit
08-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Very possibly....I was 'newbing' it about a bit straffing ships and hovering over enemy airfields. Or you might have got me around the south coast radar stations...most probably when a glint of sunlight wobbled me Track IR ;-)

Best moment was managing to get back to blighty after an ME110 burst ripped me to pieces - that was some tough landing!

SEE
08-10-2011, 02:19 AM
O.K., I downloaded and set up Ventrillo then connected and I can see Players and sessions. I haven't tried it in MP yet as I have to transfer my FT Clip to the new headset/mic.

1. How do you communicate with other players once logged on to the Syndicate server?

2. Can I test that Ventrillo is set up correctly to send and receive voice with just Ventrillo launched?

Thanks for any input/help.

ATAG_Bliss
08-10-2011, 05:08 AM
O.K., I downloaded and set up Ventrillo then connected and I can see Players and sessions. I haven't tried it in MP yet as I have to transfer my FT Clip to the new headset/mic.

1. How do you communicate with other players once logged on to the Syndicate server?

2. Can I test that Ventrillo is set up correctly to send and receive voice with just Ventrillo launched?

Thanks for any input/help.

The only thing I can add to what cheesehawk said is that you can bind your push to talk key to anything you want (joystick/throttle buttons etc.)

The other thing is there's a "test" button in the lower left hand corner under the main setup screen in vent. If you press it and go into test mode, you can then hit your PTT key and listen to yourself talk. This lets you know if your mic is transmitting, PTT key working, how your mic sounds etc. Once you want to stop the test, just hit the test button again.

Another thing to remember is that if you are in any of the tabs of the setup screen, ventrilo automatically mutes your mic. So if you are adjusting volumes etc, while in the channel, don't forget to close the setup screen or you won't be heard by anyone!

And if you didn't see this already, this is a setup guide I put together for getting you started with vent: http://syndicatesquadron.com/forum/showthread.php?336-1st-time-Ventrilo-users-setup-guide..

SEE
08-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Cheers guys, really helpful!

All working and it makes such a difference being able to talk and communicate with others.

ATAG_Bliss
08-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Blues you are needed on vent! Please shoot down my team mates since they decide to fly together on IL2 after I leave for a business trip. :)

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5448/ventqp.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/ventqp.jpg/)