PDA

View Full Version : Can we put these 'it's dead' threads to bed now?

Dano
08-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Or are we going to continue having people assume the worst because we don't hear from Luthier for a few weeks?

JG52Uther
08-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Sounds like it won't be a new patch, but a new game.Maybe they can change the title to Storm of War now and pretend CoD never happened. ;)

Dano
08-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Hehe :)

furbs
08-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Dano, lets wait and see what the patch does first.
Lets no be too hasty, remember the last hotfix patch broke the sound.

Its good news and im looking forward very much to this patch.

proof is in the pudding though.

Ze-Jamz
08-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Please everyone, have some faith.

Same threads are getting boring now hopefully they will stop

ATAG_Dutch
08-06-2011, 08:14 PM
New graphics engine, new sound engine. New lots of other things.

Wonder if this will include improved multicore use? (I'm computer stupid).

I just hope that whatever it fixes, it doesn't change that early morning/late evening feeling. I'd really miss that.

Thee_oddball
08-06-2011, 08:23 PM
New graphics engine, new sound engine. New lots of other things.

Wonder if this will include improved multicore use? (I'm computer stupid).

I just hope that whatever it fixes, it doesn't change that early morning/late evening feeling. I'd really miss that.

in a way dutch having the new sound and graphics engine done in just a few months raises a lot of questions....

S!

Lololopoulos
08-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Sounds like it won't be a new patch, but a new game.Maybe they can change the title to Storm of War now and pretend CoD never happened. ;)

good call!

Redroach
08-06-2011, 08:35 PM
before I throw my hands in the air, I'll check what we get, if anything. I've made that mistake with 1C before.

TUSA/TX-Gunslinger
08-06-2011, 08:38 PM
I don't see any respite from the lunacy. It's everywhere, more rampant than any other time in my life.

The humourous part to me, is that these and other combat flight sim forums - are not really any different from what I see on the "news". CNN, Fox, etc... are almost exactly parallel to the UBIZoo and SIMHQ. You cannot get away from it, except by "tuning out".

The world went to a lot of trouble to create 1000 + cable channels and the internet - only to find out that most people can't communicate and a large subset clearly don't possess the basic skills required for original thought.

As it relates to flight sims - even the more mature simulation products can't get away from blind stupidity.

I just ran into a "doomsday" thread at the ROF forums. Here's the most developed propeller sim, with at least quarterly updates - developer constantly communicating with it's fan base - only to see a post like this:

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=22601

I'm convinced the smartest thing that Luthier has done in the last year, is to stop attempting to communicate here. Better to be quiet and put every ounce of energy in the product. Then maybe, just maybe - talk.

As far as continued human insanity - one can only hope it's a summer thing... and will go away by fall :)

S!

Gunny

Pudfark
08-06-2011, 08:40 PM
I'll tag along with Furbs and Ze-Jamz on this...:cool:

Rattlehead
08-06-2011, 09:52 PM
New graphics engine,

I highly doubt it's all-new...that would be impossible given the timeframe.

danjama
08-06-2011, 10:33 PM
wtf is this all referring to? Did i miss something?

BRIGGBOY
08-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Or are we going to continue having people assume the worst because we don't hear from Luthier for a few weeks?

i know what you are saying. please people stop the fcking bullsh*t and let them get on with their job

Codex
08-06-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't see any respite from the lunacy. It's everywhere, more rampant than any other time in my life.

The humourous part to me, is that these and other combat flight sim forums - are not really any different from what I see on the "news". CNN, Fox, etc... are almost exactly parallel to the UBIZoo and SIMHQ. You cannot get away from it, except by "tuning out".

The world went to a lot of trouble to create 1000 + cable channels and the internet - only to find out that most people can't communicate and a large subset clearly don't possess the basic skills required for original thought.

As it relates to flight sims - even the more mature simulation products can't get away from blind stupidity.

I just ran into a "doomsday" thread at the ROF forums. Here's the most developed propeller sim, with at least quarterly updates - developer constantly communicating with it's fan base - only to see a post like this:

I'm convinced the smartest thing that Luthier has done in the last year, is to stop attempting to communicate here. Better to be quiet and put every ounce of energy in the product. Then maybe, just maybe - talk.

As far as continued human insanity - one can only hope it's a summer thing... and will go away by fall :)

S!

Gunny

Finally a rational post!

SEE
08-06-2011, 11:52 PM
I don't bother reading any of the 'doom and gloom' threads. I'd rather launch CloD and enjoy myself.

connie
08-07-2011, 03:17 AM
Some people feel they got hosed buying this and others feel they should be happy to accept BOHICA like they do. Its that simple. Until the sim is fixed, it will stay that way.

dougandtoni
08-07-2011, 03:36 AM

To be fair tho the developer replied after 7 posts. I would not call it a doomsday thread but rather a which direction is RoF taking ? and it was answered promptly by the developers. So i think you are incorrect with your coments.