PDA

View Full Version : August 6 2011 Development Update

Pages : 1 [2]

albx
08-11-2011, 09:40 AM
One thing i noticed right now that is better in the after screenshots... are the shadows on the glass... the glass shouldn't show the shadows because is a glass.. and in the before, right how is now, you can see it's wrong, because you can see the shadows on the glass.

Strike
08-11-2011, 10:24 AM
One thing i noticed right now that is better in the after screenshots... are the shadows on the glass... the glass shouldn't show the shadows because is a glass.. and in the before, right how is now, you can see it's wrong, because you can see the shadows on the glass.

Well, glass being transparent plexiglass or armored glass does reflect some light and will therefore display shadows on it. I sit in fightercockpits every day.

kakkola
08-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I`m a PPL licensed and IMO the before pic is better,more real,the after one is kinda washed out(no final tuning yet tho),so I`ll judge after the patch is applied;-)

Cheers!!

louisv
08-11-2011, 12:39 PM

It is very dirty glass. The shadow shows up on the dirt.

albx
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM
It is very dirty glass. The shadow shows up on the dirt.

IMHO the shadows on the glass are overdone... they look better in the next patch

GuillermoZS
08-11-2011, 11:09 PM
I prefer the hazy look of the landscape (and its colours) in the "after" image, but I think the cockpit (including shadows) in the "before" picture looks more realistic.

Cataplasma
08-11-2011, 11:57 PM
In image 3 and 4 the stuka's skin should be much more illuminate by the sky's white/blue 6000K light, it's too dark and too green, seems like to be exluded by the global illumination.
IMHO the "after" pictures looks great, much more "atmospheric"...
I think that we don't need a perfect sim, we need a good "atmospheric" and immersive sim with thousands frames per second (sli working!)...I don't need to feel the horrible reality of the battle of Britain but the sacral heroism of that moments...yeah! Nice work

skybandit
08-12-2011, 03:18 AM
How about a manual for these planes? And what is the best joystick recommended?

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-12-2011, 07:28 AM
How about a manual for these planes? And what is the best joystick recommended?

Don't want to appear biased here,but you can't beat the Warthog,ok it ain't cheap but the array of buttons,hats,axes are perfect for a sim that is big on full on controls.

It really depends on how serious you are about flying sims I suppose,I made do with cheap joysticks for years,and promised myself a Warthog as soon as COD was released as I knew I could justify the outlay.

skouras
08-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Don't want to appear biased here,but you can't beat the Warthog,ok it ain't cheap but the array of buttons,hats,axes are perfect for a sim that is big on full on controls.

It really depends on how serious you are about flying sims I suppose,I made do with cheap joysticks for years,and promised myself a Warthog as soon as COD was released as I knew I could justify the outlay.

agreed
tha warthog is excellent
i had the cougar too for use in Open Falcon [just the throttle]
the stick of the warthog is much better :-D

Tree_UK
08-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi luthier, you have stated recently that SLI is working but that we are waiting for an Nvidia driver, could you please tell in that case how do you know it is working? What driver are you using and how did you set a profile up to test SLI??

Cataplasma
08-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Personally I'm waiting for sli just because my 3D vision setup needs a huge amount of fps. What I see and partially working of cod in 3D is very very cool.
Sli is now partially working (partially unworking) but with the latest patches and drivers a single gtx 470/460 works good with everything full (AA not working) in HD 1920x1080px.

Havoc04
08-12-2011, 02:06 PM
And i hope you get it mate :) Would be nice to have that and others working.. I'm patient. :)

Regards

Havoc04
08-12-2011, 02:43 PM
I must say that the biggest thing in this next update is the Sounds. The start up of a Jumo/Merlin. Will certainly breath awesome life into the game.

And the after colors i prefer. Soft and not hard edged. Gives the cockpit at any rate a more being there feel :)

Regards

skouras
08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I must say that the biggest thing in this next update is the Sounds. The start up of a Jumo/Merlin. Will certainly breath awesome life into the game.

And the after colors i prefer. Soft and not hard edged. Gives the cockpit at any rate a more being there feel :)

Regards

agreed

Phazon
08-12-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm really looking forward to the sounds too, Rise of Flight is a gem in that department and the same man is doing it for CloD so I have high expectations.

I really really really (really!) hope they fix up all the planes so they are using the right fuel, props, are labelled properly and don't have any more broken things to them (Bf-110 canopy anyone?).

No more flickering soft shadows and no more z-fighting would be a bonus. ;)

Havoc04
08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm really looking forward to the sounds too, Rise of Flight is a gem in that department and the same man is doing it for CloD so I have high expectations.

I really really really (really!) hope they fix up all the planes so they are using the right fuel, props, are labelled properly and don't have any more broken things to them (Bf-110 canopy anyone?).

No more flickering soft shadows and no more z-fighting would be a bonus. ;)

Same author of RoF sounds? Seriously.. WOW then im even more excited now LOL
Thxs for that titbit :)

Regards

jamesdietz
08-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Slightly OT , but has there been any word about getting the other AI planes as flyables before they wander off to do the eastern front? In the developement up dates it was implied there would be more flyables here:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/2011-08-11_00011.jpg

Also while I'm at it does anyone know if eventually we will be able to have individual careers,medals etcala Il-2? Just getting ststistics is rather dry stuff I think...

Havoc04
08-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Yes i would like to see medals etc.. Maybe when you finish the mission a clipboard is presented and tells you what you got the squadron got. etc etc..

Anything for some 1940's real feel. That's primarily why i was so not liking Silent Hunter 5 very much.. The put a Crystal clean modern UI on a WW2 game... Just dose not look or feel right. A Person would be amazed at what a few tatered 2D images will do in the UI to make the game feel lived in :)

Regards

Tree_UK
08-12-2011, 05:18 PM
And when are u going to get it into your head that its NVidia you are suppose to talk to, not Luthier.

Nvidia dont make SLI work for games, they choose to add profiles in thier drivers, If SLI worked you can easily do this yourself with your Nvidia control panel or by using nHancer. So nothing to do with Nvidia.

Frequent_Flyer
08-12-2011, 08:33 PM
I would love to get a German trainer as a flyable. At least, something with metric measurements.

We have the 109 as a German trainer, slow, hard to stall,easy to recover and ugly like most trainers.

katdogfizzow
08-13-2011, 01:25 AM
Is it scaling like it should? No.

I'd be curious what a HardwareMonitoring.hml reveals. You should fire up a MSI afterburner log and post the results.

Blackdog_kt
08-13-2011, 02:52 AM
Well, first of all, there are test builds and versions of the sim that we haven't yet seen. Those patches don't materialize out of thin air. Whether the dev team has a build that works with SLI under optimization (and thus, not yet suitable for release) is anyone's guess and for every negative guess there's a positive one too.

And now for the red text that some apparently can't get enough of...:rolleyes:

lol, Havoc your just miffed because i proved you wrong, Im still waiting on that apology by the way. :grin::grin:

Quit it with the point scoring. You come up with a valid question (however repetitive) and then figuratively spit in your own bowl of cereal out of spite. After all, if we wanted to keep track of apologies in an impartial manner you'd be one long overdue for claiming Ubisoft was not the publisher. ;-)

Generally speaking, expect a thread clean-up pretty soon if this goes on (some baiting and others responding to it)

Timberwolf
08-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Here's some helpful news While UBIJOKE is still charging full price. Just flight is charging £13.99 €19.99 $19.99 this weekend PS glad to hear SLI is working i just bought a 2nd card

Baron
08-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Tree:

A while ago u asked Luthier "is Sli supported?", Luthier answered: "of course it is, why wouldnt it be" (like asking if headphones is supported hence Luthiers answer)

So far so good, you got the answer to your question.

Now u are wondering why Sli isnt working like it should for everyone (not the same thing as: is Sli supported) and THAT is a question you have to ask NVidia (and AMD/Crossfire). The answer to that is: because none of the company's have made a profile specifically for Cliffs of Dover, simple as that.

It works with global settings but its not working as well as it could, again, because there are no profile specifically for CloD. Its the same with virtually all games until NVidia and AMD see fit to add a profile. It was the same with IL2 Sturmovik. Sli and Crossfire has only become popular in the last few years and there where never a profile from either company that enabled this for IL2 Sturmovik. There where ways to get it to work. i personally had a hell of i time getting my 4870x2 to run even close to its potential simply because AMD felt they had better things to do than add a profile for a 8 year old game that no one outside the flightsim community ever heard of. Same thing now, NVidia and AMD are real guick adding profiles for Battlefield or Call of Duty or Crysis2 (witch took a couple of months iirc, same with DX11 in fact, Crysis was not released in DX11 if u wanna go into that debate to), a flight sim is another matter entirely.

I could be wrong but as far as i know it took RoF until May this year before even adding Sli/Crossfire support.

Read this if you somehow think CloD is the exception: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3330564/Anyone_Running_SLI_Crossfire.html#Post3330564 (Btw not a dig of any sort towards RoF, just want to show that supported and working Sli/crossfire is not as given as many seem to think. RoF is just one example)

jimbop
08-13-2011, 08:53 AM
So the nvidia-created SLI profiles are more than just pre-defined settings that you can already make in the nvidia control panel? I thought that's all the profiles were...

Baron
08-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Read this driver readme for ex: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-275.33-whql-driver.html

For ex. performance boosts for specific card in specific games, those boosts just don't appear out of thin air. Sli and Crossfire implies that 2 or more gpu`s have to work together and not against each other, that doesn't just happen on its own. Not all games work the same way/is coded the same way hence different profiles to get maximum boost. Sli does work with global settings but not as good as it can with a specific profile. (witch in tales more than just pre defined settings made in the control panel)

Tree_UK
08-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Tree:

A while ago u asked Luthier "is Sli supported?", Luthier answered: "of course it is, why wouldnt it be" (like asking if headphones is supported hence Luthiers answer)

So far so good, you got the answer to your question.

Now u are wondering why Sli isnt working like it should for everyone (not the same thing as: is Sli supported) and THAT is a question you have to ask NVidia (and AMD/Crossfire). The answer to that is: because none of the company's have made a profile specifically for Cliffs of Dover, simple as that.

It works with global settings but its not working as well as it could, again, because there are no profile specifically for CloD. Its the same with virtually all games until NVidia and AMD see fit to add a profile. It was the same with IL2 Sturmovik. Sli and Crossfire has only become popular in the last few years and there where never a profile from either company that enabled this for IL2 Sturmovik. There where ways to get it to work. i personally had a hell of i time getting my 4870x2 to run even close to its potential simply because AMD felt they had better things to do than add a profile for a 8 year old game that no one outside the flightsim community ever heard of. Same thing now, NVidia and AMD are real guick adding profiles for Battlefield or Call of Duty or Crysis2 (witch took a couple of months iirc, same with DX11 in fact, Crysis was not released in DX11 if u wanna go into that debate to), a flight sim is another matter entirely.

I could be wrong but as far as i know it took RoF until May this year before even adding Sli/Crossfire support.

Read this if you somehow think CloD is the exception: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3330564/Anyone_Running_SLI_Crossfire.html#Post3330564 (Btw not a dig of any sort towards RoF, just want to show that supported and working Sli/crossfire is not as given as many seem to think. RoF is just one example)

Hi Baron, when i asked luthier that question it was during development, since then he has stated that SLi and Crossfire work. You dont have to have a profile from nvidia to make it work, if the game supports SLI you can make your own profile, its the same as applying FSAA to the game, people have tried this also through the nvidia driver overiding any in game settings, but like SLI it doesn't work becuase the game currently doesn't support it.
Some of the forum members have been trying already with varying degrees of success to make their own profiles, although to date Ive not heard any results from anyone using nHancer which is by far the best program to use for getting SLI to work.
Anyway cast your minds back to the original Il2, that had a profile for SLI with Nvidia drivers, but the profile was very poor, In order to get the best out of IL2 you had to make your profile where SLI was concerned. I guess that my real point is that Luthier has claimed that he left the 2D clouds out of the last patch because it was effecting SLI, the question I am asking is how does he know that? How did he test that with SLI, if like most are saying that SLI will not work without Nvidia, do you see where i am going with this. People are saying that SLI works of sorts but nothing like it should do, if thats the case give us the 2D clouds and fix SLI later.

JG52Krupi
08-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Tree I dont have sli but I have seen more ppl say it's working than it isn't, so if you want something to complain about let's swap our gpus and you can see what it's like to get a drop in fps due to crappy xfire support.

However I am waiting patiently along with three over 5970 users all experiencing the same issues.

Welshman
08-13-2011, 11:57 AM
xfire does work but its a little buggy ,only way i have got it working was to uninstall the CCC ( control center only "or whatever its called now" )

then use radeon pro and create a profile for COD , i get double the FPS than with 1 card, only issue is with the prop , though this could be tearing so i still have to test with V-sync on .

jimbop
08-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Just as well nvidia/ati hasn't spent time enabling support if the graphics engine is getting an overhaul. I suspect this is why there has been little emphasis on this since it probably became clear a while ago that more work on the basics was required before SLI optimization.

Baron
08-13-2011, 02:23 PM
xfire does work but its a little buggy ,only way i have got it working was to uninstall the CCC ( control center only "or whatever its called now" )

then use radeon pro and create a profile for COD , i get double the FPS than with 1 card, only issue is with the prop , though this could be tearing so i still have to test with V-sync on .

Prop flickering was the same problem as in IL2 Sturmovik. AMD actually included a official fix in one driver, only to "unfix" it in the next.

Blackdog_kt
08-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Maybe you should stick some of your red text under this, A man has to defend himself you know.

Your problem is that you take everything personally. I just pick a post to quote that fits the example-to-be-avoided at hand for the current thread and then address the issue globally, your case in this thread is no different: you just made a clear reference to keeping score in arguments (which leads to arguments for arguments' sake), you're going to get called out on it. It's happened to other posters too and they didn't take offence to it. If it's too much for you to take you can change your posting style accordingly and avoid similar incidents in the future.

At the end of the day things are very simple: there's some posting guidelines to follow, the ones who break them more often will get most of the flak and to be honest here, you're quite "prolific" in that regard ;-)

I'm not here to take sides but to call them as i see them and act in a manner proportional to each poster's behaviour.

I'm not on a power trip or personal grudge either since i could have just banned you straight away for breaking rule 14, but you're still here and i'm wasting time explaining how things work when i could just click a couple of buttons and go have a cup of coffee instead.

The tolerance displayed towards disruptive posters by the rest of the community is not to be perceived as a weakness but as a bonus and it's not to be taken for granted. If someone winds up people often enough then he's going to get some other poster replying in an aggressive manner when patience runs thin and a bigger share of the moderators' attention, it's not rocket science.

Thread clean-up performed, relevant posts moved to the arguments megathread in the pilot's lounge section of the forums.

Unfortunately, some posts with valid comments were also moved because they were either partially replying to inflammatory material or quoting it. Please take some time to narrow down the replies and quotes (you can delete parts of the quoted text before submitting in order to just leave the on-topic bits included) if you would like to prevent this. ;-)

JG52Krupi
08-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Is this all really necessary?

Luthier has posted a great update, looks very promising do we have to derail it.

Blackdog_kt
08-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Is this all really necessary?

Luthier has posted a great update, looks very promising do we have to derail it.

Don't worry, we won't. Off-topic posts will be moved as necessary.

Once again, it's not about Tree and i don't really care about setting the sequence of events right, i was just having a slight jab at him to illustrate to him how his method looks to others and he didn't seem to like it, as he's still debating it. The "do unto others..." quote comes to mind here.

I have nothing against the guy personally speaking and i'll be glad to fly with him online sometime, but when moderating i'm not supposed to behave as a person with ties to past history.

In order to remain impartial i have to do it like a robot/automaton and just ask myself a few yes/no questions. Is this off-topic? Is this causing unnecessary gnashing of teeth? Does it break any forum rules? If the answer is yes to any of that i do what the admins in Moscow expect me to do so that things don't get out of hand ;-)

The thing is, i don't care about the name above the post. If it drags threads off-topic the posts get moved and i try not to look at the names so that my personal feelings don't cloud my judgement.

After all, i didn't move his initial, perfectly valid question. What i moved was the bickering that ensued and that included the posts of people who attacked him, so my conscience is perfectly clear.

I think Tree is a long-timer that most of us have gotten used to, but that doesn't hold true for much of the newcomers. That doesn't mean he should suffer for it. However it doesn't mean he gets preferential treatment due to his veteran status either. I'm not moved one inch by the "victim" rhetoric when his posting style (accepted by many of the old-timers) is regularly ruffling other people's feathers. If i allow him to do it to others, i'll have to allow them to respond in kind. And since i can't bother keeping score between them, i just follow the forum rules that globally disallow it. I hate double standards with a passion.

I also regularly move posts of people that i have very good discussions with in other threads and they don't think much about it. They know it's not personal and they know they have a separate thread to vent their frustration if need be (which is where the posts get moved to anyway), so i haven't really had anyone actively express any displeasure yet and it's not like they couldn't: it's pretty clear i'm not very keen on banning people, especially so on a whim, so everyone can have their say. In fact i'm quite often bending the rules and letting things slide.

On the contrary, my PM box is often overflowing with messages that are split 50/50 between people saying they like the current moderation and others saying they would like stricter measures taken. What i haven't seen yet is someone asking me to let things slide more than i currently do. It's like a polling service to be honest and since the community is happy the way things are (and in some cases wants it taken even further), it's my job to do it. This is not my forum, this is nobody's forum individually. It's OUR forum collectively and everyone should be able to use it in an enjoyable manner. The boundaries of my freedom of speech lie where it starts to encroach on someone else's freedom of speech. So i can't just go around saying whatever i want with no concern for others, because it's not freedom of speech, it's being an overbearing, annoying person.

So, i'm sorry if i displease certain people, but i don't intend to apply post-count and registration date criteria in how moderation is done. Everyone is equal here and moderation is applied on a case by case, post by post basis, regardless of the poster's opinions, affiliation and time spent on the forum. If anyone wants to do it another way be my guest, apply for a moderator position and have a go at it. Just keep in mind that between answering questions and moderating the forums i have almost no time left to fly a sim that on my PC and installation works flawlessly and delivers what i want it to. So, any takers? ;-)

furbs
08-13-2011, 06:55 PM
And that's why were not moderators cheese :)

philip.ed
08-13-2011, 07:12 PM
I have nothing bad to say about your moderation mate, save for your open-natured approach which invites criticism and (perhaps inevitable?) flame wars. I have done my fair share of moderation, and usually thread clean-ups would be carried out 'quietly' with PMs sent to offenders and contributers and then a message posted in the topic to notify of the clean-up. (or a seperate topic created to contain the 'bad' posts.
If things get bad, a seperate topic to discuss issues may be created...

But I can't see anything wrong with your decisions so far (unless of course you yourself are an advocater of the censorship poicy... :-P ) :cool:

Anyway, back on topic...

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-13-2011, 11:35 PM
<sarcasm>What? You're still working on it?</sarcasm>

Looks and sounds good, the first two comparison shots look to have lost some contrast though, they look a little washed out now, assume that this is due to a lack of tuning?

I had the same impression.

r0bc
08-14-2011, 10:59 PM
All of this commie red text is starting to become more annoying and childish then most of the comments. Real classy.

jf1981
08-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi everyone.

Here’s what we’ve been doing, and what we’re planning for the nearest future.

The main areas of development are:

1. Graphics. Our graphics team is in the middle of a dramatic revision of our graphics engine. The new engine, still in alpha stage, is both faster and better looking. I won’t get into the technical details, but in a word it’s faster and more streamlined.
From the appearance point of view, the change is equally as dramatic but is easier seen. Colors are calculated differently, especially in terms of distance. I’m attaching some screenshots showing before and after. The colors are not yet tuned, and there are some other issues but we are much happier with the game’s visuals today than we’ve been for quite some time.

2. Sound. As I’ve mentioned earlier, we’re completely redoing our sound engine from scratch. The work is being done in three stages. Stage 1, alpha, where we test basic functionality with some bare-bones samples has been passed a while ago. Stage 2, beta, where we have all aircraft sounds complete, and have some bare-minimum sounds for other objects, is almost here. Stage 3, a complete sound engine with all object and ambient sounds, will follow.
What we have now is brand new DB601, Merlin, Mercury, and Jumo 211 engines in a new environment, infinitely more stable and supporting realistic sounds from dozens or hundreds of engines within hearing distance. Various secondary and tertiary sounds are also there – G loads, flutter, controls movement, etc. The aircraft feel alive, especially when you’re inside the cockpit.

3. Physics. We are doing a major rewrite of some portions of aircraft landing gear physics (i.e. landing, taxi, take-off) as well as major changes to our secondary physics (ships, vehicles, debris, etc).

4. Models. We have quite a few new aircraft variants in the oven, and our ground modeling team has finally finished a major task that perhaps too few people will appreciate. We’ve completed a huge library of historical German rail engines and cars.

Timeline wise, what we’re looking at is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks, and at least a week of tests for that. The new graphics will also be included with it. The same upcoming patch will also include some new aircraft and most likely the German trains. Due to all new sounds, it’ll be one of the largest patches so far, but still way under a GB.

Thank you all for your support!

We'll be waiting for this.

Richie
08-15-2011, 12:28 PM
We have the 109 as a German trainer, slow, hard to stall,easy to recover and ugly like most trainers.

UGLY!!!

A beautiful evilness :)

AdamB
08-15-2011, 05:15 PM
this looks so much better, looks like im looking out of my window
thanks very much Oleg and the Team

Frequent_Flyer
08-16-2011, 03:41 AM
UGLY!!!

A beautiful evilness :)

A collection of lumps and bumps and radaitors ?

Richie
08-16-2011, 04:59 AM

???? Just wait till we get to North Africa

Peril
08-16-2011, 09:01 AM
this looks so much better, looks like im looking out of my window
thanks very much Oleg and the Team

I am a little concerned that the reference haze we see in 2011 Europe is NOT the same as 1940. Pollution was not as great in 1940 as it is there today, don't make the mistake of looking out your window and thinking it was always this way..

If you want to see skies with less haze, perhaps come visit Australia :)

flyingblind
08-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Actually, it probably was. There was no clean air act. Industry and homes burned very dirty fuel. Trains and ships were coal fired and whilst it was summer so there would not have been winter pea soupers I would have thought the air over London in particular would have been just as dirty.

DB605
08-16-2011, 06:17 PM

Trololololo....

DB605
08-16-2011, 06:34 PM
I am a little concerned that the reference haze we see in 2011 Europe is NOT the same as 1940. Pollution was not as great in 1940 as it is there today, don't make the mistake of looking out your window and thinking it was always this way..

I've just re read Eino Luukkanen's (Finnish ww2 ace) book, in one chapter he write about their trip to Germany (they went there to pick up Bf109s to Finland). Anyways, heres my bad translation from book but you probably get the point: "...we can only use compass to navigate correctly, especially because usual central-european haze makes horizontal visibility worse".

acred99
08-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Hi All
When will they fix the aerials on the aircraft? I have a NVidia card and even in your screen shots the aircraft aerials are terrible. I love the game for the images you can capture. The screen shots look bad because the aerials are missing or jagged. When will this issue be resolved also will the haze effect be reversible. It doesn't seem like a fix to me rather a way of blocking out the bad graphics by fading the horizon.
Matthew

Peril
08-17-2011, 09:10 AM
I've just re read Eino Luukkanen's (Finnish ww2 ace) book, in one chapter he write about their trip to Germany (they went there to pick up Bf109s to Finland). Anyways, heres my bad translation from book but you probably get the point: "...we can only use compass to navigate correctly, especially because usual central-european haze makes horizontal visibility worse".

Thanks DB605

So to clarify that point, if you look out your window now should it be worse than 1940?? The original comment said "this looks so much better, looks like im looking out of my window"

Umm :)

Playing Devils Advocate I know, and I'm assuming the writer was referring to the new haze change, but the main point was do not reflect on what we have 'now' as evidence for accuracy for a 1940s sim build. That mistake gets made all too often, eg. a true 1940 coastline anyone??

If your touting 'accuracy' as one of you goals you gota be real careful what to refer to as more accurate or 'better'. It's real easy to pick holes in many arguments re graphical representation of accuracy for times past (as I have done), it's better to compare with data or images than today's atmosphere.

Which I can 'hope' is what they used.

klem
08-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks DB605

So to clarify that point, if you look out your window now should it be worse than 1940?? The original comment said "this looks so much better, looks like im looking out of my window"

Umm :)

Playing Devils Advocate I know, and I'm assuming the writer was referring to the new haze change, but the main point was do not reflect on what we have 'now' as evidence for accuracy for a 1940s sim build. That mistake gets made all too often, eg. a true 1940 coastline anyone??

If your touting 'accuracy' as one of you goals you gota be real careful what to refer to as more accurate or 'better'. It's real easy to pick holes in many arguments re graphical representation of accuracy for times past (as I have done), it's better to compare with data or images than today's atmosphere.

Which I can 'hope' is what they used.

1920, zoom in to Folkestone and see Hawkinge Aerodrome to left of Hawkinge town:-
http://www.ponies.me.uk/maps/osmap.html

1940, Hawkinge Aerodrome not shown but its obvious where it is from the map above:-
http://www.npemap.org.uk/tiles/map.html#207,46,2

Jabo2009
08-18-2011, 09:51 AM
can anyone give me suggestions concerning the "new graphic engine" issue, announced by Luthier on the next patch:

I'll get COD delievered tommorrow and am currently considering, if I should wait with the game installation until the upcoming patch is into action??

-> just want to avoid that I install game before the next patch and then it gets messed up with the new engine settings after patching?? Im especially thinking about my ATI 6850 GPU here, which works quite nice, but gave me some setup challenge in the past on other sims..

Welshman
08-18-2011, 11:22 AM
everyone esle will be updating there game when the patch is out as steam does it so i cant see what the problem will be as you will be the same as the rest of the planet

louisv
08-18-2011, 02:56 PM

Actually, pollution in London was at its worst well before the 60's...
There were smog alerts in the 50's that killed thousands, because of coal used extensively in England. Birds in the air and fish in the Tames were mostly gone since the 19th century. Now with strict anti-coal burning laws, the birds and the fish are back.

So its quite possible that the haze was worse then. Even in the summer, plants used a lot of coal in this uber-industrial time and place. There were smokestacks then that are gone now.

Louis

Ze-Jamz
08-18-2011, 04:13 PM
can anyone give me suggestions concerning the "new graphic engine" issue, announced by Luthier on the next patch:

I'll get COD delievered tommorrow and am currently considering, if I should wait with the game installation until the upcoming patch is into action??

-> just want to avoid that I install game before the next patch and then it gets messed up with the new engine settings after patching?? Im especially thinking about my ATI 6850 GPU here, which works quite nice, but gave me some setup challenge in the past on other sims..

I think your be fine mate...wouldnt worry

Greyson
08-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey guys,

I've read through this topic and I cant find a recent update on the progress of any patch / fix for the issues the game is causing with some radeon cards. Like many others have reported, I have unplayable framerate stutter when flying over land or buildings, and my PC is reasonably high end.

Can anyone tell me when we can expect this problem to be patched?

Ze-Jamz
08-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Seems Odd considering your rig...

Not sure about crossfire working as it should..what settings are you using?

Welshman
08-18-2011, 05:04 PM
xfire does work but not out of the box so too speak .. ( there are posts about that )

i have 2x 4890 and get reasonable fps over land and even london with my settings , will be too slow if the gfx is maxed out for sure ..

my cpu is a AMD 1090T plus 8ghz of ram

so he should be fine imo

albx
08-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey guys,

I've read through this topic and I cant find a recent update on the progress of any patch / fix for the issues the game is causing with some radeon cards. Like many others have reported, I have unplayable framerate stutter when flying over land or buildings, and my PC is reasonably high end.

Can anyone tell me when we can expect this problem to be patched?

no, nobody can tell you. Well, somebody maybe can... but don't hold your breath for an answer

Greyson
08-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Seems Odd considering your rig...

Not sure about crossfire working as it should..what settings are you using?

Thanks for the replies guys - I am using medium/high settings.

I dont think it is a setting issue though, I have played on lower settings and still encounter unpredictable and bad intermittent stutters. It seems fine in some situations and unplayable in others. I was hoping (and I think it may still be) related to the known bug where some radeon cards suffer horrible render lag in specific circumstances. If that is the case then hopefully its a problem which can be fixed.

klem
08-18-2011, 08:15 PM

You've bought it.

Install it.

Steam will patch it for you the first time you go on-line so you don't have to worry. And you will see how it does under the current patch.

CAVEAT: The beta tomorrow (or soon after, it wasn't a firm promise) is a personal download and install. You don't have to use it. As soon as the beta has been tested by a few of us brave souls and reported back it will either be released as an automatic Steam patch about a week later or it will be tweaked and released as a Steam patch as soon as possible after that.

caprera
08-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Any news about the next patch release ?

P.s.
sorry if it has been asked a moment ago, but i missed most of the discussion :)

Greyson
08-18-2011, 11:33 PM
It seems we are all still waiting for info caprera.

caprera
08-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks Greyson, i've subscribed to this thread not to lose anything else.

Maybe this engine upgrade is taking more time than expected; could be good news anyway, don't you guys think ?

nashash
08-19-2011, 12:44 AM
i would say in 2 weeks :)

caprera
08-19-2011, 03:07 AM
Nothing bad can come from this, i'd be happy to wait a week more for more improvements.

robin00795
08-19-2011, 02:27 PM
C'mon put the su-26 in this patch

skouras
08-19-2011, 02:44 PM

yeahhhhh
but unfortunately i'm sure they going to sell it to us
and don't put it us a free in a patch
hope im wrong
personally i would like to see the E4-E7 and the correct MkIa with CSP 100 octane fuel

Allons!
08-19-2011, 03:20 PM
yep she could engange the tiger moth in a helluva pillow fight. I´m off to assign the "slap right up" key. :grin:

JG27CaptStubing
08-19-2011, 03:20 PM

A complete waste of effort. How about letting them finish what they started.

CrisGer
08-20-2011, 03:48 AM
I am new here but am very interested in this update you describe esp >...the German Trains..

I am a long time modder and researcher of Train sims and esp German trains and would be very interested to see these and happy to help with any additional information or resources you may need....thanks so much for taking the time for this. If you are placing the models into France as I suspect you are, much of the equipment was French, and that is a particular area of interest and again expertise of mine if I can help ..and I have contacts in the French train sim world and we may indeed be able to get you permission to convert existing train models from 3D formats used in MS Train sim. Just wanted to offer aide on this little corner of things, I am still just new here and learning the ropes but would be happy to help if i can.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg411/scaled.php?server=411&filename=141p245u.jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg72/scaled.php?server=72&filename=bluristo.jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg638/scaled.php?server=638&filename=231g558chain.jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg683/scaled.php?server=683&filename=marshallingyardatgray.jpg&res=medium

L'Etoile De Gray - a great MSTS route from France in 1938 some of the common French equipment...

ATAG_MajorBorris
08-20-2011, 04:33 AM
Those trains are wicked cool! Every little bit they add is just another brush stroke to what is already a very diverse landscape. Having simers like ChrisGer is only going make it better!

Mysticpuma
08-20-2011, 06:40 AM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg411/scaled.php?server=411&filename=141p245u.jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg72/scaled.php?server=72&filename=bluristo.jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg638/scaled.php?server=638&filename=231g558chain.jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg683/scaled.php?server=683&filename=marshallingyardatgray.jpg&res=medium

L'Etoile De Gray - a great MSTS route from France in 1938 some of the common French equipment...

BUT I WANT TO STRAFE THEM NOW!!!!!!! Cross your fingers, we may get some trains to shoot up one day...hopefully with the P-47 and P-51 add-on ;)

Cheers, MP

furbs
08-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Mystic, did a train hurt you as a kid? :)

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Beautiful trains ChrisGer wow!!

Baron
08-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Are you kidding?! I'm dying to see the steam clouds when you hit it. I've always loved the footage I saw as a kid of USAF strafing trains in WWII, nothing quite as spectacular as that! (Well, maybe the strafing of Japanese merchant ships, those boilers went up with a HUGE cloud!)

U know u can do that now, right?

And it does look cool. ;)

Blackdog_kt
08-20-2011, 01:09 PM
QMB
-->Axis attack mission (the one that starts you a few miles off manston)
-->select 110
-->fly on original heading until you see Manston airbase, then make a bit of a left turn to skirt the airfield boundaries, you'll see some vehicles
-->keep going a bit more, you'll see a railway line among two tree lines
-->train!

Have fun ;-)

Les
08-20-2011, 07:03 PM
I am new here but am very interested in...the German Trains...

Hi CrisGer, one of the other forum members here, 'Foo'bar', made some of the trains for Cliffs of Dover. IIRC he did the German one's we haven't seen yet.

Here are some earlier examples of his work - http://fooblog.mexxoft.com/category/models/3d/railway/engines/

There were also examples of his work for Cliffs Of Dover shown in the develoment updates before the game was released.

I have no idea if he's still working on things for Cliffs of Dover, but maybe you could contact him and ask if there's any way you can help bring more trains into the game.

Just an idea.

Edit - Interesting coincidence, Foo'bar is quoted in the post just above this one. If you click on the arrow it will take you to a post by him, where you can see one of his trains used as a sig pic.

Richie
08-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Has anyone seen any pics or hints of aeroplanes coming up? For example a 109 F-4 or witch theater is next and how long of a wait will it be? I'm pretty sure it's the Mediterranean.

Phazon
08-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Has anyone seen any pics or hints of aeroplanes coming up? For example a 109 F-4 or witch theater is next and how long of a wait will it be? I'm pretty sure it's the Mediterranean.

It was revealed on VE day that the next theatre will be Operation Barbarossa. Sneak-peek pictures of an IL-2 Sturmnovik and the Kremlin were shown.

caprera
08-21-2011, 08:37 AM
It was revealed on VE day that the next theatre will be Operation Barbarossa. Sneak-peek pictures of an IL-2 Sturmnovik and the Kremlin were shown.

Hurray for the wild imagination of the Devs...:o

Seriously, AGAIN !? Why not for once try a different theatre that has not been seen a hundred times already ??

Richie
08-21-2011, 08:50 AM

VE Day?....

Where's a link?

Richie
08-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Ah....

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22713

caprera
08-21-2011, 09:01 AM
My interest dropped again...

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-21-2011, 09:05 AM
I wonder when we get these things fixed:

- a decent system for looking through German gunsights. The current mechanism is neither realistic (it really is not, so please don't mention that one just has to move a little bit right as supposedly the pilots did - which they did not) nor helpful (please don't mention that with mouse one can recentre. This definitely does NOT work for TrackIR users). Has to be replaced. Preferably including that what Lixma has pointed out a couple of weeks ago that is including some mechanism to simulate real binocular view as close as possible.

- correct flight models with historic performance for ALL aircraft

- the tracers of gunners have still an off-set of several meters to its aircraft.

xnomad
08-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Hurray for the wild imagination of the Devs...:o

Seriously, AGAIN !? Why not for once try a different theatre that has not been seen a hundred times already ??

Maddox Games were the first (and only?) to bring the Eastern Front to the genre. There are way more Battle Of Britain, Defense of the Reich and 'the Pacific' Flight Sims out there so how can you say 'hundred times already'?

caprera
08-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Maddox Games were the first (and only?) to bring the Eastern Front to the genre. There are way more Battle Of Britain, Defense of the Reich and 'the Pacific' Flight Sims out there so how can you say 'hundred times already'?

I know and it was the feature that made me buy it in the first place. I'm just tired of seeing the classic scenarios passing through every single game that takes place in WW2.

I thought it was time to move the action to the Mediterranean to see something rather different from oceans of water or grass we've been plenty of for years now...

Maddox Games brought us the Eastern first: maybe now it's time for a new record.

Phazon
08-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Well at least they'll have an easy time with the R&D for it, being based in Moscow and being Russians and all. ;)

I hope that the personal passion for that particular theatre means they'll do something more interesting this time around in terms of trying to simulate the actual campaign rather than just the aircraft that fought in it.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-21-2011, 10:00 AM
I think there are some gread scenarios not yet really explored:

- Mediterranian (some was possible in IL2 but just a little)
- The Battle of France (there had been some fighting even if it was not as intense as during BoB and there had been a lot of ground ops from both sides)
- Early Pacific

But although I never really warmed up to Soviet planes I understand their move. Let's be honest: It was the Russian market that kept IL2 going I would say and the community there is perhaps as big as all the rest combined (ok here I am just guessing :) but during the years I learned that there has been a more constant and overall serious passion for this game in Russia). But anyhow they need to fix the things first.

Blackdog_kt
08-21-2011, 10:19 AM
- a decent system for looking through German gunsights. The current mechanism is neither realistic (it really is not, so please don't mention that one just has to move a little bit right as supposedly the pilots did - which they did not) nor helpful (please don't mention that with mouse one can recentre. This definitely does NOT work for TrackIR users). Has to be replaced. Preferably including that what Lixma has pointed out a couple of weeks ago that is including some mechanism to simulate real binocular view as close as possible.

If you have trackIR it's the easiest thing of all to keep it centered: lean left, hit your center trackIR key, return to your normal position and voila, you're looking through the sights in wide view without the movement restrictions.

I do the same thing with freetrack and it works fine, i also did this a lot with trackIR whenever i would change phase of flight: i would center lower than normal so that when sitting correctly on the chair i would be able to see above the nose for take-off/landing without straining myself, similarly i would also lean to one side and hit center so that when i returned to my original position my virtual viewpoint would be off the side for taxiing without me having to keep leaning.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be adjusted, but workarounds exist that make it a not so critical fix compared to others, especially for people with head tracking equipment.

I'd rather prefer they fix the JU88's gyrocompass, along with the top turrets and bomb release controls on the Blenheim and Br.20, because they are strictly gameplay bugs with no workarounds that prevent certain aircraft from fulfilling their intended role. Any 109 pilot can use a work-around to look through the sights and dogfight (people do it daily on multiplayer servers), but using the bombers is hampered in more ways than one.

caprera
08-21-2011, 10:31 AM
But although I never really warmed up to Soviet planes I understand their move. Let's be honest: It was the Russian market that kept IL2 going I would say and the community there is perhaps as big as all the rest combined (ok here I am just guessing :) but during the years I learned that there has been a more constant and overall serious passion for this game in Russia). But anyhow they need to fix the things first.

Surely you are right, Russian fans are way too many to be "ignored".

I think i will be old when i'll see the Med in such a sim :D

Richie
08-21-2011, 10:41 AM
I wonder when we get these things fixed:

- correct flight models with historic performance for ALL aircraft

- the tracers of gunners have still an off-set of several meters to its aircraft.

I have the real thing right hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swnzBslfRWM

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-21-2011, 01:10 PM
To richie: But you have just monocular view. Not realistic - at least if you have two eyes like the vast majority of people.

To caprera: it DOES NOT work for TrackIR. As has been written on this forum a thousand times before.

5./JG27 Lehmann
08-21-2011, 01:31 PM
To richie: But you have just monocular view. Not realistic - at least if you have two eyes like the vast majority of people.

Wait, so hang on a second; you think that they should position the sight unrealistically in the cockpit so it's more convenient for you?

And yes, it does work fine with TrackIR.

skouras
08-21-2011, 01:34 PM
i have no track IR but i like the gunsights as it is now
i think that they finally capture the real thing very close;-)
never have a problem to shoot someone in COD
just learn the sights people
or buy a track IR instead....

caprera
08-21-2011, 01:37 PM
To caprera: it DOES NOT work for TrackIR. As has been written on this forum a thousand times before.
I think you quoted me on no purpose ;) i was speaking about theatres of operations

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Oups, I meant blackdog.

skouras, just learn that TrackIR is no help in learning sights. And it is not close to the real thing. I understand that it is difficult to understand and to explain why we actually have a representation that is definitely not close to reality and there had been a huge thread on this and still some ppl don't grasp it (no offence meant, as it is really difficult to understand without proper means of demonstration).

Basically what we have ingame is the view you would get when flying always with one eye closed. But the real thing would be to have a representation what one sees with two eyes open (stereoscopic view). While overall this does not matter much as we just get a 2D perspective view instead of a 3D picture it does matter when it comes down to sight view - a feature that is essential for air combat and not eye candy. So I say: As the current thing is not close to reality AND it is awkward and NOT helpfull, let it be replaced by either something that is really close to reality OR helpfull (or better both but I will be satisfied with one of it).

JG53Frankyboy
08-21-2011, 02:12 PM
i have no track IR but i like the gunsights as it is now
i think that they finally capture the real thing very close;-)
never have a problem to shoot someone in COD
just learn the sights people
or buy a track IR instead....

but i am still wondering why the headmovement is limited in this "lean forward" and for bombercrewpositions..............

caprera
08-21-2011, 02:14 PM
I get it: you mean the gunsight is positioned in line with my right eye, so having both opened would "trick my view"

skouras
08-21-2011, 02:22 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow
you probably have right in some point i guess
i just want the sim to be close as is gets thats it..

ps
i have no track IR
Just use my mouse

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I get it: you mean the gunsight is positioned in line with my right eye, so having both opened would "trick my view"

exactly.

I too had initially some difficulties to understand this but due to the extraordinary patience by some I finally understood it. In fact both eyes open would make the cross appear somehow floating in the air and a little transparent. You can get a similar effect when you hold up your hand in front of one of your eyes at a small distance and then stare just in front of you with both eyes open (don't look at your hand). Your hand will "move" slightly to the other side (towards the eye with no hand in front of you) and get transparent. A similar thing would happen with the gunsight. That would be the closest thing to reality and would circumvent the awkward thing we have right now.

BTW: I also learnt that when using gunsights with shotguns it will be done with both eyes open too and the effect will be similar.

retrojet
08-21-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't need no stinking gunsight... I use the Force!!! :twisted:

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-21-2011, 02:58 PM
lol

Blackdog_kt
08-21-2011, 03:02 PM
What you say is correct but i don't know if it's worth the effort at this point compared to other bugs, that's all i was trying to say: there are workarounds for the gunsight issue but no workarounds for other issues that affect gameplay, so i place more importance on the latter.

It's just a matter of preference really ;-)

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-21-2011, 03:25 PM
[mantramodus=on]
There is no workaround with TrackIR
[\mantramodus=off]

jpaquila
08-21-2011, 10:08 PM
when update are be realese? no launch date yet? Thenks you

Blackdog_kt
08-22-2011, 12:16 AM
[mantramodus=on]
There is no workaround with TrackIR
[\mantramodus=off]

Mate, it's as simple as pie. Lean your head a bit to the left, press F9 and then move your head back to your original center position, you'll be looking through the gunsight now.

Is it ideal? No it isn't.
Is it doable? Of course it is, it's recentering your trackIR.

If you can't recenter it, maybe it's the profiler software/drivers that are at fault? I would backup my profiles and do an uninstall/reinstall of my trackIR software in such a case.

Sorry, i still think fixing the Ju88's gyrocompass is more important simply because people can dogfight in the 109 every day by using this workaround, but we can't bomb in the Ju88 unless the gyrocompass that controls the autopilot is fixed: we have two aircraft, one can do what it's supposed to do, the other can't.

tintifaxl
08-22-2011, 05:09 AM
+1 for the JU-88 gyrocompass fix!

LcSummers
08-22-2011, 05:29 AM
The last few comments/messages are very interesting indeeed.
I like these kind of posts.
Stormcrow, thank you for explaining about gunsights, Finally i understand it now.

Hopefully "grave" bugs will be ironed out with the oncoming (beta) patch.
And hopefully it will be this week.

S!

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Mate, it's as simple as pie. Lean your head a bit to the left, press F9 and then move your head back to your original center position, you'll be looking through the gunsight now.

If you can't recenter it, maybe it's the profiler software/drivers that are at fault? I would backup my profiles and do an uninstall/reinstall of my trackIR software in such a case.

Sorry, i still think fixing the Ju88's gyrocompass is more important simply because people can dogfight in the 109 every day by using this workaround, but we can't bomb in the Ju88 unless the gyrocompass that controls the autopilot is fixed: we have two aircraft, one can do what it's supposed to do, the other can't.

[mantramodusagainon]
NO, it is NOT a workaround as it DON'T work. With F9 I just pause TrackIR so that I can no longer use TrackIR. I may move it as you described but as soon as I turn on TrackIR again (in order to use it), it takes me back to default centre. I tried it. Others tried it. It never worked. Only valid conclusion: With TrackIR working it is not possible to shift the centre.
[/mantramodusagainoff]

albx
08-22-2011, 07:38 PM
[mantramodusagainon]
NO, it is NOT a workaround as it DON'T work. With F9 I just pause TrackIR so that I can no longer use TrackIR. I may move it as you described but as soon as I turn on TrackIR again (in order to use it), it takes me back to default centre. I tried it. Others tried it. It never worked. Only valid conclusion: With TrackIR working it is not possible to shift the centre.
[/mantramodusagainoff]

why do you pause it? of course it will return back at his center position, what you need to do is to assign the new center with the hotkey.

6S.Manu
08-22-2011, 07:43 PM
[mantramodusagainon]
[/mantramodusagainoff]

Then you all are doing wrong! I tried some minutes ago and it works.

You don't have to pause TIR, you only need to recenter it while your head is a little on the left.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-22-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't know which TrackIR you have but with my TrackIR I don't have a hotkey that allows to define a different position as centre.

I have following Hotkeys:
F7: Precision moving (basically reduces the gradients of the curves)
F8: Profile (whatever this is. But having tried it it does not work as blackdog described)
F9: Pause button
F12: Re-centre (back to initial centre)

I don't have further possibilities to edit hotkeys with the TrackIR software (I use TrackIR 5 software with TrackIR4 hardware)

These are default settings.

Maybe what blackdog describes works with TrackIR5. This I cannot judge. I have TrackIR4 like so many others and it does not work.

EDIT: No, Manu, also pressing F12 in the way as blackdog described it, does not work. It just puts me back to the default centre position.

And even if it did work: everytime I would look around I would have to repeat this manoeuvre as every looking around slightly shifts the centre to some arbitrary position. So definitely not a good solution.

I however support blackdog that the Ju88 gun sight should be fixed. They may fix the other gunsights at the same time. It should not need much programming.

JG52Krupi
08-22-2011, 07:55 PM

I use this all the time :D

6S.Manu
08-22-2011, 08:04 PM
I don't know which TrackIR you have but with my TrackIR I don't have a hotkey that allows to define a different position as centre.

F8: Profile (whatever this is. But having tried it it does not work as blackdog described)

I don't have further possibilities to edit hotkeys with the TrackIR software (I use TrackIR 5 software with TrackIR4 hardware)

Maybe what blackdog describes works with TrackIR5. This I cannot judge. I have TrackIR4 like so many others and it does not work.

EDIT: No, Manu, also pressing F12 in the way as blackdog described it, does not work. It just puts me back to the default centre position.

And even if it did work: everytime I would look around I would have to repeat this manoeuvre as every looking around slightly shifts the centre to some arbitrary position. So definitely not a good solution.

I however support blackdog that the Ju88 gun sight should be fixed. They may fix the other gunsights at the same time. It should not need much programming.

I have TIR4 on TIR5 software too.
My steps are:

1) Start a quick mission
2) I press F12 to center my standard position (6dof activated)
3) I move a little my head on the left
4) I press F12 again

I don't know why you can't.

Anyway I agree that it's not a optimal solution!

NervousEnergy
08-22-2011, 09:21 PM
I have TIR4 on TIR5 software too.
My steps are:

1) Start a quick mission
2) I press F12 to center my standard position (6dof activated)
3) I move a little my head on the left
4) I press F12 again

I don't know why you can't.

Anyway I agree that it's not a optimal solution!
This is the way I've always flown German aircraft (or any plane with an offset gunsight) since 6DoF came out. Just center with your head slightly to the left, and you wind up in the old alt-F1 gunsight position with your head positioned normally.

Re-centering the software should simply put the center at wherever your head is oriented at the time, not 'put it back to the default center', as there is no default. He also indicates that simply looking around moves the center about, which shouldn't happen unless your track clip is loose on your head. Perhaps a hardware problem?

jpaquila
08-22-2011, 10:53 PM
when update are be realese? no launch date yet? Thenks you

sorry for make the same question, any news to the date launch?

Chivas
08-22-2011, 11:08 PM
sorry for make the same question, any news to the date launch?

No news other than it should be soon, but with software this complicated, it rarely launches without a delay.

MegOhm
08-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Wow.........New graphics engine did not turn out so well? Guess someone was a little too ambitious..

Hope the remake does turn out well. If it does, there's hope.

Maybe they should have taken a cue from the IL2 1946 UP modders. If CLOD worked as well I would be happy...

Mulitplayer? LOL

Dog fight missions on those worthless dogfight maps just don't cut it.

Not much appeal does it have until we can write a mission on a decent map that my squad mates and I can all jump in and fly some historic BoB ...

Too bad the Planes are such slugs....not everyone wants to do CEM all the time.

Waiting for the patch and hoping...

MegOhm
08-23-2011, 05:10 PM
This is the way I've always flown German aircraft (or any plane with an offset gunsight) since 6DoF came out. Just center with your head slightly to the left, and you wind up in the old alt-F1 gunsight position with your head positioned normally.

Re-centering the software should simply put the center at wherever your head is oriented at the time, not 'put it back to the default center', as there is no default. He also indicates that simply looking around moves the center about, which shouldn't happen unless your track clip is loose on your head. Perhaps a hardware problem?

Yup this works fine... Highly recommend the proclip over the track clip tho...worth it and you can make it wireless

Blackdog_kt
08-23-2011, 05:51 PM

Ah, i see where the confusion is coming from, it's the bolded part. Well, F12 doesn't return to the original center, it makes your current head position the new center position and centers the in-game view.

In other words, it enables you to move the default center position towards one direction, so that your default in-game view will move to the opposite one.

It worked with my trackIR4 on both trackIR4 and trackIR5 software and it works with freetrack that i'm currently using.

Have a look at this image:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=6940&d=1314121513

I've used this for ages in pretty much every sim that i had which supported 6DoF. You can center left to shift your default view right and keep the gunsight in view, you can center low to shift the default view up and see over the nose during a landing approach, you can center high to shift the default view down and keep the instruments in sight, you can center to one side to shift the default view to the other if you want to look out the side of the nose during taxi and take-off.

It only takes 5 seconds to do it before take off.

It works.

Blackdog_kt
08-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Wow.........New graphics engine did not turn out so well? Guess someone was a little too ambitious..

Hope the remake does turn out well. If it does, there's hope.

Maybe they should have taken a cue from the IL2 1946 UP modders. If CLOD worked as well I would be happy...

Mulitplayer? LOL

Dog fight missions on those worthless dogfight maps just don't cut it.

Not much appeal does it have until we can write a mission on a decent map that my squad mates and I can all jump in and fly some historic BoB ...

Too bad the Planes are such slugs....not everyone wants to do CEM all the time.

Waiting for the patch and hoping...

"I didn't like the previous situation, i don't want to wait for new improvements to correct it so i'll suppose they couldn't do it and stick to a 10 year old engine which has reached its technical limits, i don't like the maps, realism settings and missions people choose to run in their servers and planes are now harder to fly".

Well, there are easy solutions for all of your problems:
1) Stick to IL2+mods
OR
2) Rent your own server, host your own missions and set CEM to off.

Welcome to the forums :-P

furbs
08-24-2011, 09:09 AM
I used to save the position in a manner that would not require me to recenter every way. It's simple: just start the game with trackir running, but WITHOUT the clip. Then, inside the plane, your head will be at the "default" center position. Just use the ins/home/pgdn/pgup/end/delete keys to position your head where you want it to be when you center the trackir, and press F10. This will sabe that position as the new default "center position" for that plane.

That's all. Now you can put on your clip and center the trackir using whatever key you have programmed in trackir software. I use a button on the joystick, because sometimes during a fight you become "off center" in your chair, and so it is faster to recenter without reaching for the keyboard.

You will need to do this for every plane, but just once per plane.
When I started to fly RoF, I used the center position aligned with the sights, but now I'm flying with my head centered in the cockpit and leaning everytime I want to take a "precision shoot". I think this was the way they did, because you wouldn't be flying leaning all the time (most of the planes have the sights off center).

Cheers.

Does that work in CLOD, i thought that only worked for ROF?

Varrattu
08-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi Luthier,

please take all the time you need to test the patch. Today, friday 08-26-2011, we get a hot August night in our region, and I'm really looking forward to a nice, low-key weekend without Cliffs of Dover.

Regards Varrattu

FG28_Kodiak
08-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Schleudert den Purschen zu Poden ;)

Aer9o
08-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi Luthier,

please take all the time you need to test the patch. Today, friday 08-26-2011, we get a hot August night in our region, and I'm really looking forward to a nice, low-key weekend without Cliffs of Dover.

Regards Varrattu

You are soooooooo boring mate! ;-)

Cataplasma
08-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Luthier,

Regards Varrattu

Have you ever heard about air-conditioned offices?

Trumper
08-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi Luthier,

Regards Varrattu
Persisting with rain here,would have liked to have bought and tried the new patch over our bank holiday weekend,oh well :(

Allons!
08-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi Luthier,

Regards Varrattu

+1 - Luthier, if you wait until next Friday you have plus one week for honing graphics (and who wouldnt like honing on graphics), playing bomben auf Engelland on a combflute, check the again-forgotten Jericho-horns and i aint got my ADW team off for testing the patch. :grin:

Greetz, Allons!

joker68
08-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Does that work in CLOD, i thought that only worked for ROF?

You're right, I was reading RoF and CLoD forums at the same time on different tabs, and posted thinking I was reading RoF forum... LOL. Original post deleted to avoid confusion. Thanks.

stephan87
08-28-2011, 03:14 AM
the patch ...... approximately when?

drewpee
08-28-2011, 03:51 AM
the patch ...... approximately when?

Thats about enough of that Stephan, way to much chatter. ;-)

Hunden
08-28-2011, 02:20 PM

Now thats funny:)

MoGas
08-28-2011, 02:34 PM

Well...I am not much better, but I have the same question...;)

pupo162
08-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Well...I am not much better, but I have the same question...;)

and my self only have seen 345 patches releases so far :grin:

satchenko
08-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Get MY MONEY back Luthier... I am so tired with this s%$&·...
:mad:

undpilot87
08-29-2011, 03:45 AM
:mad: Seriously I understand that people are upset with the games performance so far, but seriously we should be happy that there is still a team of developers out there that has a love for these kinds of games. Can you name any game that has as much detail that is a WWII flight sim as this one? I'm afraid not. I was at first pretty annoyed but they have come a long way and they are still working hard to fix the rest of the problems. I really think people should be more considerate and appreciative that these guys are working as hard as they have to provide a good game for us. These guys could have put their time and effort into another lame XBOX game and you would be without this game altogether. Show some respect and give them time to fix it.

MoGas
08-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Seriously I understand that people are upset with the games performance so far, but seriously we should be happy that there is still a team of developers out there that has a love for these kinds of games. Can you name any game that has as much detail that is a WWII flight sim as this one? I'm afraid not. I was at first pretty annoyed but they have come a long way and they are still working hard to fix the rest of the problems. I really think people should be more considerate and appreciative that these guys are working as hard as they have to provide a good game for us. These guys could have put their time and effort into another lame XBOX game and you would be without this game altogether. Show some respect and give them time to fix it.

exactly, I love COD, even with some bugs, here and there, if this SIM gets fixed with a fancy sound, some fixes in the FM/DM it will be awsome, and a very need future for us, what would come next.......

as you have said, there is NO, NO flight simulator without some bugs, some have more some are less, but be honest COD has no game stopper bugs. Look at the ATAG server, 20-30 people are online on the weekends, and there is no issue for me to fly, even when the server is running 10h+.

I fly only MP, SP is nothing for me so I cant tell what is working or not, I saw some guys reporting "comms" issues with wingmans and so on, but I guess this will be a easy fix for the dev.....

As people like to pitch about FC2/DCS as well, what is not working or what so ever, this few companies are the only ones, who give us what we need, if it takes longer or not, at least they are there......

klem
08-29-2011, 06:12 AM

Contact your supplier, I doubt you'll have trouble getting a refund.

Or hang in there like most of us as it gets fixed. There's nothing else out there that is comparable to what it will be when fixed.

chungpe84s
08-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Very nice! Keep it up!

Richie
08-29-2011, 06:40 AM

stachenko, it may sound like a long time but wait 6 months, a year. I bet you will be eating your words. No offense meant.

caprera
08-29-2011, 11:07 AM
I've been playing with World of Tanks lately, and anybody who complains here has no idea what it means to be let down by Devs...

pupo162
08-29-2011, 11:17 AM
I've been playing with World of Tanks lately, and anybody who complains here has no idea what it means to be let down by Devs...

WOT is free to play

caprera
08-29-2011, 11:21 AM
WOT is free to play

Not really, there are still pay to win options, and i meant the Devs behaviour when you expose problems & bugs...

Fjordmonkey
08-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Not really, there are still pay to win options, and i meant the Devs behaviour when you expose problems & bugs...

None of the gold-tanks are pay-to-win. In fact, the current Flavor of the month-tank, the Löwe, is actually damn easy to kill. The clue is knowing HOW to fight it.

I find Wargaming's devs to be more easy to deal with than the stony silence that you get from 1C, at least. If you feel let down by the devs in World of Tanks, then truly you were expecting too much from the game. I say game, because despite what many harp, WoT is no sim. At all.

caprera
08-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Surely is not a sim and i never expected it to be such as IL-2; nor gold-tanks are meant to be the winning ones, but premium account and special ammo.

But despite their willingness, there is no real communication except responses like "working as intended" or "our stats say otherwise"... I'd rather be in silence than see my intelligence insulted everytime i point out a biased aspect of the game or a bug that takes 4 months only to be recognized as such and 4 more to be fixed in a patch that introduces new ones.

This is not how i feel with 1C, even if i admit my presence here is limited to reading mostly...

esmiol
08-30-2011, 05:29 AM
well...i think COD team need to work on his com! REALLY!

i don't ask a full report of each action of the staff but a little word every weeks will be really a good thing!

if the sim had nothing wrong and turn like it does it won't be so bad to have so few infos... but at his state it is really a shame!

we need infos just to be sure that this staff don't take us for idiots!

Jabo2009
08-30-2011, 06:57 AM
well...i think COD team need to work on his com! REALLY!

i don't ask a full report of each action of the staff but a little word every weeks will be really a good thing!

if the sim had nothing wrong and turn like it does it won't be so bad to have so few infos... but at his state it is really a shame!

we need infos just to be sure that this staff don't take us for idiots!

100% agreed with that...I dont mind if the patch is comin a bit later, but at least a few words would be great....not leaving us here with guessing