PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for some organised on-line battles?

klem
08-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Guys,
a couple of interesting threads here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25187
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25193

I'd like to get involved with some of you in some more organised RAF/LW missions even if its simply on the back of the running missions on say Syndicate server. It can be simply 'walk on' and get together on the Syndicate Ventrilo. This approach is probably of real value now until CoD has been fixed and more of our Squad guys can get up and running.

No need for special missions for now. Last night the LW guys got together and made a nice attack on Dover shipping, would have been nice to have had a few more RAF working together to beat them off (or vice versa of course).

Anyone interested? Suggest you post in the above threads to get some support.

Personally I and a couple of buddies are interested in Sunday 8pm to 10pm UK time, say meeting up at 7:30 on Ventrilo?

What do you think? Go there and post?

Winger
08-06-2011, 08:31 AM
There are lots of people waiting to organise things when the next patch hopefully fixed the biggest flaws. If i got it right a big part of our squadron memberss of I/JG11 is waiting to switch to CloDI/JG11 the next patch does what everyone hopes.

Winger

Flashman
08-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Feel free to jump on the Syndicate server and squad up. New patches and stuff will hopefully advance this sim and this is just the sort of thing we like at Syndicate.

We already do this sort of thing with RoF and in the future(when things are stable) we might run special missions for CloD.

The only downsode for your sunday evening plan is that is when we run our RoF special missions so you might not see many Syn guys around, however feel free to have a go.

Until they assign points etc for ground targets theres not much use making special missions and the like.

Anvilfolk
08-06-2011, 02:08 PM
And we can have bomber nights for those of us that can't run the game fast enough to dogfight properly! I'm up for that, I'd love to be in a tight formation of Blenheims :)

ATAG_Bliss
08-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Until they assign points etc for ground targets theres not much use making special missions and the like.

This is currently possible Flashman. Actually the possibilities are almost endless.

@Klem

I'm all up for a big online formation and some teamwork. That's what a big MP scenario should be all about. We have a 100 person public ventrilo server that everyone is free to use.

1st time users, this will help you set it up (make sure you use the test button - it will allow you to not only hear your own voice to make sure it's working correctly, but also your sound levels)

Setup guide here: http://syndicatesquadron.com/forum/showthread.php?336-1st-time-Ventrilo-users-setup-guide..

Also, there's enough channels currently for 2 allied and 2 axis groups. I can more if needed. If you look at our forums home page you can also see who's in vent. www.syndicatesquadron.com

Ze-Jamz
08-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Always up for these sorts of things. A couple more AFJ are in the process of testing and configuring the game so hopefully they will be online soon:

AFJ Swazy
AFJ GogglesP

klem
08-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Feel free to jump on the Syndicate server and squad up. New patches and stuff will hopefully advance this sim and this is just the sort of thing we like at Syndicate.

We already do this sort of thing with RoF and in the future(when things are stable) we might run special missions for CloD.

The only downsode for your sunday evening plan is that is when we run our RoF special missions so you might not see many Syn guys around, however feel free to have a go.

Well, I'll be there.

True but even if say the Dover or Folkestone ships, or airfields, aren't server 'mission objectives' they still provide a point of focus for a LW attack and an opportunity for RAF defence. We can consider among ourselves whether the intended LW/RAF objective was achieved.

Just needs some people to say "I'll be there" and before we split into sides decide what the general objective will be. We could say "airfield attacks" or "shipping attacks" etc., so the mission has some value and leave it to the LW and RAF sides to decide how they will go about progressing the attack or organising the defence. Might need to decide on a level of information to be given to represent RDF input.