PDA

View Full Version : Radio commands?

Ctrl E
08-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Hello. Can anyone tell me do the radio commands work at all? I'm getting tired of flying a successful mission and not being able to task my flight to attack or land. Everyone just crashes to earth when I land

Jatta Raso
08-05-2011, 11:53 PM
where have you been? everyone knows it doesn't work right now. although someone said that if you take circles over the airfield at the end of the mission, your wingmen will start to land in turns after a few minutes. might be a somewhat boring workaround, never tried it though.

Redroach
08-06-2011, 12:14 AM
ah dont even ask... I've been stressing that since release. Very politely and as constructively as possible at first, somewhat harsher when I finally realized that those commands were only bogus and most programming logic behind it didn't even exist (making a fix appear even further in the future), and finally, after the patch that supposedly fixed them, reduced the menues to two(!), inherently non-productive commands, while still being totally confused/ing, I got totally disillusioned and angry about the future of this (very)raw gem.

NedLynch
08-06-2011, 12:45 AM
It seems to me right now once your flight approaches the airfield the operator will tell you to "join the circus", so to start circleing and then call each airplane to land.
Uhmm.....do we need a patch? :rolleyes:

Jatta Raso
08-06-2011, 01:13 AM
yes we do, to prevent the flight to crash land if one lands first. and if there's engine failure, there's no time to join the circus. at least make the wingmen more able in their decisions, it's definitely an issue.

Blackdog_kt
08-06-2011, 02:43 AM
It's a known issue. In summary

1) Commands didn't work initially so they are being reworked from scratch by a programmer who's also working on another aspect of the sim (can't remember which one to be honest), so it takes some time.

2) In order to avoid confusion between working and non-working commands, all the non-working commands have been temporarily removed from the radio menu and only the working commands remain.

3) Any airfield with an airfield AI object placed in the FMB has ground control functions. These functions are used to place a "T" shaped marker on the start of the active runway (it changes depending on wind, as planes should land and take-off into the wind) and issue landing clearance to aircraft. The way it works is you overfly the field and the ground controller will tell the flight to join the landing circuit. Once the command is issued (individually to each aircraft) the AI wingmen will break away from the formation and set up their approach.

In short, until the rest of the radio commands are redone, just overfly the airfield once to have your wingmen break away and set up their own landings. You don't have to wait for them to land after that and there's no penalty if you don't follow the exact sequence the ground controller gives.

Overfly->Listen for tower commands->Land

Hope it helps as a temporary workaround. ;-)

Doc_uk
08-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Hello. Can anyone tell me do the radio commands work at all? I'm getting tired of flying a successful mission and not being able to task my flight to attack or land. Everyone just crashes to earth when I land
its not that they dont work, its the fact that you cant hear anything thats being said
I say it again this game needs volume slidders
Heres an exsample on how to get it right:rolleyes:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/8953/launcher201108060706429.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/launcher201108060706429.jpg/)

NedLynch
08-06-2011, 03:57 PM
No Doc, they simply don't work, well ok they left the few that work in the game and removed the others.
So you don't have the option to order your flight to attack, return to formation, return to base or land, just to name the few that are to me amongst the most useful.
This is all compounded, as you said, by the sound not working properly for a lot of people. And for those who have the sound working the radio messages are, in an attempt to make it more realistic, just unclear and garbled so you always have to read what's being said over the radio.

Doc_uk
08-06-2011, 05:48 PM
No Doc, they simply don't work, well ok they left the few that work in the game and removed the others.
So you don't have the option to order your flight to attack, return to formation, return to base or land, just to name the few that are to me amongst the most useful.
This is all compounded, as you said, by the sound not working properly for a lot of people. And for those who have the sound working the radio messages are, in an attempt to make it more realistic, just unclear and garbled so you always have to read what's being said over the radio.
I ment it doesnt matter, even if they did work
there still the terrible issue of you cant hear whats bloody being said, anyways;)
Plus the fact i dont want text all over my screen,

Blackdog_kt
08-06-2011, 06:19 PM
You can customize the text on your screen:

1) Alt-click on the text area to bring it into focus.

2) Right-click on it to invoke the pop-up menu and select customize.

In other words, it works the same as any other of the overlay info windows. ;-)

Doc_uk
08-06-2011, 06:29 PM
You can customize the text on your screen:

1) Alt-click on the text area to bring it into focus.

2) Right-click on it to invoke the pop-up menu and select customize.

In other words, it works the same as any other of the overlay info windows. ;-)I dont have text on my screen, why would i want it?