PDA

View Full Version : Too quiet for too long.......... CLOD IS DEAD!

Mattius
08-05-2011, 12:20 PM
I fear that CLOD is now dead in the water. No MORE updates, NO more patches. DEAD! Lets hope that the fan base sorts something? :(

adonys
08-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Until there will be an official announcement about this, there's still hope. Even though it get thinenr and thinner..

The community can sort out lots of things, but it can't fix the engine, as long as they are not releasing the code.

machoo
08-05-2011, 12:40 PM
SDK is really all this game potentially has in it's favor IMO.

Dano
08-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Yawn...

JG52Krupi
08-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Waarrrgggghhhhh waarrrrgggghhhhh waarrrrgggghhhhh

Let's all panic... They are working on a patch guys if you don't have the patience to wait then go get your coat meet up with some friends at your local pub and have a fun time... Or whatever you fancy but rest assured we will see a patch soon :D.

David Hayward
08-05-2011, 12:46 PM
We're doooomed!!!!

lensman1945
08-05-2011, 01:00 PM
We're doooomed!!!!

Don't panic Fraser!......................

ATAG_Dutch
08-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Don't panic Fraser!......................

Be quiet Jones.

JG52Uther
08-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Patches are like buses.You'll wait forever then 2 will come along at once ;)
I'm hoping for a bright red double decker patch, and not a beaten up old minibus patch myself...

lothar29
08-05-2011, 01:12 PM
updated me tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILYFFixatXw

:)

Dano
08-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Don't reckon we'll get an update until we get the new sound engine (beta or otherwise), Luthier said it'll take several months, then told us it was going well. Until it's ready for us we wont see much if anything as it's probably a priority.

JG53Frankyboy
08-05-2011, 01:23 PM
not that there would be no other things that would need a fix and would be worth an own patch...........................

Anyway, i dont care WIP updates - almost trash in the past.
I care the outcome , read a "patch" , whenever it will be released.

katdogfizzow
08-05-2011, 01:24 PM
If Im reading between the lines here correctly, then you're suggesting theyre working on a ZOMBIE mod?! Freaky!

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/zombie-pilot.jpg

Strike
08-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Sit down, have a coffee and..

http://www.smirking.com/cms/ecards/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=52&g2_serialNumber=2

Sternjaeger II
08-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Patches are like buses.You'll wait forever then 2 will come along at once ;)
I'm hoping for a bright red double decker patch, and not a beaten up old minibus patch myself...

if patches are like buses maybe someone should light up a cigarette, than normally makes them arrive too.

skouras
08-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Waarrrgggghhhhh waarrrrgggghhhhh waarrrrgggghhhhh

Let's all panic... They are working on a patch guys if you don't have the patience to wait then go get your coat meet up with some friends at your local pub and have a fun time... Or whatever you fancy but rest assured we will see a patch soon :D.

second to that ;-)

JG52Krupi
08-05-2011, 01:51 PM
if patches are like buses maybe someone should light up a cigarette, than normally makes them arrive too.

Don't worry I'am on it... :lol:

klem
08-05-2011, 01:53 PM
I fear that CLOD is now dead in the water. No MORE updates, NO more patches. DEAD! Lets hope that the fan base sorts something? :(

Oh gawd, it'll be 'beware the ides of March' next.

Some of us may passionately disagree on whether we should be kept informed of progress (don't start!) but, by definition, none of us think its gone to the bottom of the lake.

AARPRazorbacks
08-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Mattius, In the past when you make a post there is something getting ready to happen with CLoD.

Whats up Mattius?????????

Have you got luthier on the Bat phone? LOL

SsSsSsSsSnake
08-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Be quiet Jones.

dont tell them your name Pyke:)

SiThSpAwN
08-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Pretty sure this game isnt dead until people quit wasting their time making threads like this one :)

Chivas
08-05-2011, 04:54 PM
The sky is falling...the sky is falling

albx
08-05-2011, 05:10 PM

the sky has already fallen

Bakelit
08-05-2011, 05:32 PM

The end is near!!!
*runs around aimlessly waving arms*

The longer they take to fix this less than perfect sim the more plastic kits I can build (Sopwith Pup and BF109E1 at the moment and I have lots more)...

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Be quiet Jones.

'They don't like it up them Mr Mannering,I mean Mr Luthier'

Mattius
08-05-2011, 05:35 PM
The end is near!!!
*runs around aimlessly waving arms*

Nearer than we all think!! :|

Pluto
08-05-2011, 05:45 PM
The end is near!!!

The longer they take to fix this less than perfect sim the more plastic kits I can build (Sopwith Pup and BF109E1 at the moment and I have lots more)...

... I guess you will need a whole gymnasium to display all the plastic kits you can build, until a new patch is going to come, hehe, ...
:)
Dont forget the ultimate question - "what have they done the last 6 years of development for this sim...?"
:?:
(possible answer: drinking Vodka and playing Russian Roulette, that`s why they dont have the experts anymore to complete the mission)
:twisted:

catito14
08-05-2011, 05:45 PM

It is not possible, there is a FM bug that makes it impossible to make a good fall :-D

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Nearer than we all think!! :|

Bloody hell mate,you've got it bad have'nt you,I reckon you've gone down with that old half glass empty virus,If I were you I'd get that looked at,nasty that:lol:

tk471138
08-05-2011, 06:04 PM
whats really funny is the pushed the release date for the usa back, under the impression that it will be patched a few times before it was released...yet the last patch was at the end of june...so why did they delay the game so long if they werent intending on making patches and fixes up to the release date for the usa...i mean they might have well as delayed it another 3 months....seriously....logically people assumed that their would probably be a patch around the time of the american release, why else would they delay the release date....but as with so many other things here it seems illogical is the theme...so good thing the pushed the date back so far so they can keep making fixes right up until release date...what a joke...JOKE and its not even funny...its like paying money to see a comedy show just so they can make fun of you the whole time, and so you can be the butt of the joke...they should be paying us....

Dano
08-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Patching had nothing to do with why the US release was pushed back.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=259613&postcount=38

Hi everyone,

The state of the game, or steam especially, have absolutely nothing to do with the release date.

I believe this is due to the fact that we were having some issues with our ESRB submission, and the game could not go into print until they were resolved. And the US street date for boxed copies is tied into the online release date for steam.

I'll see if it'd be possible to push the steam release date for US forward since the game's been available elsewhere for some time, but it's not up to me at all.

I do apologize to everyone affected. The last thing we need is to have more unhappy fans!

Pudfark
08-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Folks tend to think the worst...
When kept in the dark...

No information and deliberate misinformation?
Fuel this...

Apologists...are the match.

For a business?
This is "Suicide by Silence"...

Chivas
08-05-2011, 06:16 PM
whats really funny is the pushed the release date for the usa back, under the impression that it will be patched a few times before it was released...yet the last patch was at the end of june...so why did they delay the game so long if they werent intending on making patches and fixes up to the release date for the usa...i mean they might have well as delayed it another 3 months....seriously....logically people assumed that their would probably be a patch around the time of the american release, why else would they delay the release date....but as with so many other things here it seems illogical is the theme...so good thing the pushed the date back so far so they can keep making fixes right up until release date...what a joke...JOKE and its not even funny...its like paying money to see a comedy show just so they can make fun of you the whole time, and so you can be the butt of the joke...they should be paying us....

Unfortunately they couldn't delay the project any longer as they need the money to keep the project alive. They probably should have just cancelled the project and moved on to much more lucritive sims. IL-2 1946 would suffice for many for a few more years as the genre faded away.

CaptainDoggles
08-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I have to agree with Pudfark. I mean how many idiotic whine threads could they have prevented by simply keeping us informed?

We have no idea if the company has gone under or if they're still afloat.

David Hayward
08-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I have to agree with Pudfark. I mean how many idiotic whine threads could they have prevented by simply keeping us informed?

Actually, update messages tend to dramatically increase the whining. They start out with lots of "thank you Luthier" posts, but eventually transition into "why don't you respect us Luthier" posts.

Dano
08-05-2011, 06:21 PM

They would have been replaced with equally idiotic threads, have you not been here when we have been informed?

Pudfark
08-05-2011, 06:26 PM

Actually, update messages tend to dramatically increase the whining. They start out with lots of "thank you Luthier" posts, but eventually transition into "why don't you respect us Luthier" posts.

There ya go "Hardway"....

albx
08-05-2011, 06:30 PM

Where are those message that say that? David, you are like an ostrich, put your head in the sand... This silence is the only sign that CoD is gone... kaput...

David Hayward
08-05-2011, 06:31 PM
where are those message that say that? This silence is the only sign that cod is gone... Kaput...

we're dooooomed!!!

Dano
08-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Actually, Luthier said that you should worry when he does start posting lots as it means they are not working as hard as they should be.

ATAG_Doc
08-05-2011, 06:36 PM
It's so dead here lets post in a forum that is dead right? Makes perfect sense to me. Lets go hang out to meet people where there are no people right? Makes perfect sense to me. Ignore that number next to the forum name that indicates the number of people viewing the forum its a conspiracy done by the Illuminati to make you think people are here. But no human is posting in this thread I am the only human here. The rest of these post are forum bots auto programmed to respond.

Pudfark
08-05-2011, 06:36 PM
It's tough to be civil...sometimes, (sigh)....

I should have also mentioned the "Dishonest" apologists...

See the edit time on post #31

To the folks who are honestly trying to defend 1C..I respectfully
salute you all...

Chivas
08-05-2011, 06:41 PM

You did read Luthier's last update that states everything is fine and they have the full support of their IC publisher. Of course it is possible the developers are lying, but they weren't lying when they said they were working on the last 60 updates too the original IL-2 series and last 6 updates to the new series.

JG52Uther
08-05-2011, 07:05 PM
You did read Luthier's last update that states everything is fine and they have the full support of their IC publisher. Of course it is possible the developers are lying, but they weren't lying when they said they were working on the last 60 updates too the original IL-2 series and last 6 updates to the new series.

Unless you are sat in the MG office in Moscow you have no idea if this is the same team or not.
Looking at the state of CoD I seriously doubt it...

CaptainDoggles
08-05-2011, 07:07 PM
It's still a really poor way to run a game development studio, when so many paying customers (and so many potential sales) are eager for news.

All I want is a post every few days saying "hey guys we're still working on it, bear with us".

I feel like that's not too much to ask.

Maddox Games has a lot of good will saved up from il2fb. But that good will is why I bought their game without thinking twice to support the studio, and why I haven't and won't ask for a refund.

kalimba
08-05-2011, 07:10 PM

I agree...They wouldnt lie. But the reality is that they cant just make a patch.
They have to at least finish the first " version" of COD...The one that we should have got in the first release in spring....
If they want to be respected by the sim community, and get more sales ,they have to step up the game a good notch in the next "patch"....
And I suppose that lots of IL2 fans just like me are waiting to see if it can be done before buying the game....
And maybe that is what they are trying to do right now....and it would explain the long waiting and silence....

Salute !

David Hayward
08-05-2011, 07:16 PM
All I want is a post every few days saying "hey guys we're still working on it, bear with us".

Why? Do you think they might not be working on it?

adonys
08-05-2011, 07:38 PM
not if they say "we're working on this or that" "we did this, or that", "we still haven't got this or that".

and most important of all, we'll let you know more at that date.

this will free us from stalking this forum and bashing our brains on the walls, but just came back until that date, and check again.

I don't want to go out for three weeks, only to find out that the news, or patch, was only a couple of days after I went off for the three weeks.

Because, n the end, we all want this game to succeed, and be good.. And that's what is making us keep coming in here.

Kankkis
08-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Longer we wait, better patch we get.

Fergal69
08-05-2011, 07:46 PM

Do we need to worry about the clouds in ClOD now?

Robotic Pope
08-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Longer we wait, better patch we get.

Time by itself does not make nothing better :-P

reggiane
08-05-2011, 07:57 PM
anyways it is the holiday season in Russia so everyone is from 1C is skinnydipping in the black sea or something.
Even patch coders have wifes and kids, they are normal people like anyone else. :cool:

BP_Tailspin
08-05-2011, 08:36 PM
is the holiday season in Russia
There's no time for a holiday, back to work ...

Even patch coders have wife's and kids, they are normal people like anyone else.
Unacceptable ...

adonys
08-05-2011, 08:41 PM
it's a normal thing, but maybe we have our lives too.. it would have been so hard to say "guys, we have the july off for summer holiday, we'll resume working in august" so that we would know to came back in august?!!

the current MG behavior has no excuse and it is unacceptable, I'm sorry.

Langnasen
08-05-2011, 08:43 PM

You've only just realised this? After the second patch carried on breaking more than it fixed it was pretty clear the devs were in over their heads, especially as I reckon some of the original team quit (or were sacked, who knows...).

Ubi has done it yet again. And they'll keep doing it until people stop buying their dreck and they go bust. Can't happen soon enough in my opinion.

Tree_UK
08-05-2011, 09:51 PM
I agree...They wouldnt lie. But the reality is that they cant just make a patch.
They have to at least finish the first " version" of COD...The one that we should have got in the first release in spring....
If they want to be respected by the sim community, and get more sales ,they have to step up the game a good notch in the next "patch"....
And I suppose that lots of IL2 fans just like me are waiting to see if it can be done before buying the game....
And maybe that is what they are trying to do right now....and it would explain the long waiting and silence....

Salute !

They wouldn't lie?? They lied throughout the whole of the development, they lied the week before release, its the only thing they have been consistant with throughout this whole mess.

THIS POST HAS BEEN REPORTED FOR TALKING TRASH!

robtek
08-05-2011, 10:23 PM
People, who see the world in black and white, are somehow challenged.

BRIGGBOY
08-05-2011, 10:50 PM

no news is good news it means the DEVS are doing what they are supposed to do.

Thee_oddball
08-05-2011, 10:58 PM
People, who see the world in black and white, are somehow challenged.

from what steam is showing us it is pretty much...black :( steam does not rlease sales figures to the public but instead use's the popularity metric.

Go to stats and look at the top 100 games...#100 is dirt 3 it has close to 400 people Playing..the same you would get on a weekend in HL.

the game was released 2 weeks ago in NA....it is already gone from the "top sellers" list..... and if you look under "Featured PC " games you will not find it there either...what you will find is a game called "Air Conflicts: Secret Wars is an arcade flight simulation" that is not even out yet.....

Currently SYNDICATE is running a server (thnx for your efforts gents) and steam has it ranked at 395!!!! (no fault of the SYN) all this on top of the bad reviews and this being a "niche" market. As a publisher and developer in this for profit you would have consider whether or not to continue.

The OP might be running around screaming the
"sky is falling" but it is with justification given the history and the facts at hand.

S!

Blackdog_kt
08-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Just letting you guys know this highly repetitive thread of things that have been already said a thousand times is a prime candidate for potential flaming among members.

So if things go personal between posters, or people start serving their speculation as fact, or a flame-war erupts in any other manner, i'll be forced to apply the forum rules and it will be probably locked, or some posts will be moved to the easily ignorable by all arguments megathread.

I've been getting lots of community feedback from forum members via PMs to not even allow speculative threads that might create tension in the first place and it's certainly within the forum rules to take some action against material that has a tendency to inflame the situation and is repetitive, but i don't like to apply "preemptive punishment" methods before i have a breach of the forum rules on my hands (in short, i'm trying to be fair and only act when people break the rules, not before based on my, admittedly not so optimistic, gut feeling about this thread).

So, consider this just a friendly heads-up to remain civil among yourselves, not flog a dead horse and not make personal attacks against other forum members and the developers. Otherwise it won't be long before another poster (or 10) will take offense to it and flood my mailbox, in which case i have no choice but to act accordingly and enforce the rules.

There are already a few posts that fit the bill (including the title of the thread), i'm just letting it slide for now and hope the guys will go back and edit them to be a bit more politely worded ;-)

albx
08-06-2011, 05:52 AM
anyways it is the holiday season in Russia so everyone is from 1C is skinnydipping in the black sea or something.
Even patch coders have wifes and kids, they are normal people like anyone else. :cool:

http://ludlowpolice.com/fraud/pictures/money_run.gif

Rickusty
08-06-2011, 06:09 AM

:grin:

klem
08-06-2011, 06:28 AM

I doubt that their briefcase contains enough money to get them beyond the outskirts of Moscow.

kalimba
08-06-2011, 01:30 PM
They wouldn't lie?? They lied throughout the whole of the development, they lied the week before release, its the only thing they have been consistant with throughout this whole mess.

I dont want to be be rube , but IMHO, Oleg was the culprit. Oleg was the one responsable for the whole mess, as you quoted. Oleg was the one who misslead all of us....Oleg was the boss...At that time, Luthier was probably not yet in charge and was slowly preparing his takeover.
Since Luthier is in charge, though we are missing some parts of the COD story, I really feel that he is honnest about his intentions and the progress of COD.
Remember that when Luthier came in as chief of project, COD was about 50 % completed. So even if they were putting out weekly patches, it would not do good for the game. They need to finish it . It will take time...Many weeks.
The next time they officialy show up, they have to give us some "wow" features.
Just to put everything back on the tracks...

Salute !

furbs
08-06-2011, 01:42 PM
And if they dont deliver with the next patch? if its a lame duck like the last patch?
Your right though, after the last two jokes of updates, the next patch has to be big improvement to the core of the sim, no more "changed pencil color in JU88" fluff.

Its the wall ive spoken about before, the have ran straight into it.

yellonet
08-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Personally I think that all the naysayers and negativism worshipers should now take what little is left of their pride and leave this forum now.

Ze-Jamz
08-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Personally I think that all the naysayers and negativism worshipers should now take what little is left of their pride and leave this forum now.

Bit harsh mate but hopefully it will stop now

furbs
08-06-2011, 08:26 PM
yellownet, us whiners(well most of us) want to be proved wrong! we want changes, improvements and updates! if we get them. we will shout the praises of COD just like everyone else.

ATAG_Dutch
08-06-2011, 08:28 PM

:rolleyes:

yellonet
08-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Bit harsh mate but hopefully it will stop now
I don't think it will stop.
It never will until the moderators starts applying a zero toleration policy, as well they should as threads and post about how bad everything is and that the sim is doomed and whatever serves no purpose at all except to spread doubt and negative thinking and bring attention to sad individuals who might actually believe the garbage they're spreading.
Enough is enough.
As you say, after today it will hopefully stop, but I don't think it, or rather they, will stop, at least not willingly.

bongodriver
08-06-2011, 08:44 PM
yellownet, us whiners(well most of us) want to be proved wrong! we want changes, improvements and updates! if we get them. we will shout the praises of COD just like everyone else.

Not being funny or making any personal attack here but.......please don't be suggesting that any future updates or improvements to the sim ill be down to the whiny posts, when the dust settles and the sim is where it should be I for one hope that at least 'some' of the whinge contingent will make some means of appology for the annoyance they caused instead of basking in some self granted 'glory',

Pudfark
08-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Respectfully yellonet,
You're cranking it back up...
It's just about coasted to a stop and
yer kicking it in the backside....:(

Sternjaeger II
08-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I personally don't consider myself a whiner, all I asked for was a sensible update, I finally got it and I'm very happy with it. My only hope is that it will keep on being like this, again, an update every two weeks? Cool, go for it, as long as we get concrete signs of life from the devs I'll be happy. Very satisfied in particular with the attention to landing gear behaviour, let's hope they nail it once and for all!

furbs
08-06-2011, 08:48 PM
its called free speech. 0 tolerance in a sim forum? wow! listen to your self.

Sieg heil!!

unbelievable.

yellonet
08-06-2011, 08:52 PM
its called free speech. 0 tolerance in a sim forum? wow! listen to your self.

Sieg heil!!

unbelievable.
I don't want this to go overboard again, but you don't have free speech here.
The owners of the forum dictates the limits of your freedom here, and I really don't see what threads like this one adds and why they should be tolerated.

Langnasen
08-06-2011, 08:55 PM
The owners of the forum dictates the limits of your freedom here, and I really don't see what threads like this one adds and why they should be tolerated.

Get yourself a leather trenchcoat and a Luger mate, you'll properly look the part.

"Any opinion as long as I agree with it." Hmm, wonder where we've heard that before. Oh yeah, Nuremburg.:rolleyes:

yellonet
08-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Get yourself a leather trenchcoat and a Luger mate, you'll properly look the part.

"Any opinion as long as I agree with it." Hmm, wonder where we've heard that before. Oh yeah, Nuremburg.:rolleyes:I'm not the one making the rules.
But if you want to fool yourself that you have freedom of speech in a privately owned forum, go ahead.

JG52Uther
08-06-2011, 09:08 PM
And here we go again.Everyones happy, and calm, and someone pokes a stick in the nest again...

Triggaaar
I fear that CLOD is now dead in the water. No MORE updates, NO more patches. DEAD!So, a day after you said there'd be no more updates, there's an update. It was obvious you were wrong when you posted, yet you still do it. Why don't you take six months off.

furbs

Yes, exactly right yellownet and thank god its them in charge and not you.

honestly yellownet, im a easy going guy and can take as much as i give, but attitudes like yours make me sick.

mini fecking Hitlers.

Thee_oddball
08-06-2011, 09:13 PM

honestly yellownet, im a easy going guy and can take as much as i give, but attitudes like yours make me sick.

mini fecking Hitlers.

replace the E with an I and the I with an E and remove the G and you spot on mate ;)

S!

Ze-Jamz
08-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Lol lads come on..... Not again

JG53Frankyboy
08-06-2011, 09:15 PM
hey !
This a still a forum about a game, one of the last important things in the world !
I also dont like this "reported to the Mods" behaviour here , but these comparisons to realy bad historical facts/persons/institutions are WAY OFF.

I am a german, and i have the history of my nation the last century very well in mind. And i am familair with the kind of "no free speach" in some countries still nowadays :(

Ze-Jamz
08-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Nearmiss... I suggest you get that key of yours out cuz this is going to get ugly

yellonet
08-06-2011, 09:21 PM

mini fecking Hitlers.
So, my attitude that threads that have no purpose other than spreading false information and creating negative rumors don't belong here makes you sick?
Then tell me, what's so great about these threads and what do they really add?

furbs
08-06-2011, 09:26 PM
In your opinion yellownet, thats the difference.

you want to ban people having opinions? lets ban the false positive information too while were at it shall we?

Lets ban people for disagreeing with you?

I dissagree with lots of people here, but never do i want to stop them speaking their minds.

klem
08-06-2011, 09:29 PM
It was unnecessarily provocative with the original post and went downhill from there.

yellonet
08-06-2011, 09:40 PM
In your opinion yellownet, thats the difference.

you want to ban people having opinions? lets ban the false positive information too while were at it shall we?

Lets ban people for disagreeing with you?

I dissagree with lots of people here, but never do i want to stop them speaking their minds.
I don't recall saying anything about bans...

Opinions is one thing, blatant attempts at spreading negative rumors and instilling doubt in the developers is another.
Filling the forum with threads and posts that serve no other purpose than to express anger, bitterness and hate is also a waste of space that cannot bring anything positive at all, I just don't understand why it is tolerated to this degree.

yellonet
08-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Please lock this thread.Yes, that's probably best.

Gamekeeper
08-06-2011, 11:30 PM
To all followers of Chicken Little
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXArOtT0G7E

Kongo-Otto
08-07-2011, 12:02 AM
What a Kindergarten!

Blackdog_kt
08-07-2011, 03:02 AM
Yellonet has as much a right to his opinion as the rest of us here.

He's just being aggressive, like many others here , in pushing his point to people who disagree. He just made the mistake to follow the same tactic to argue an opposing viewpoint and it seems some people think they have the copyrights to that :-P

It seems yellonet's somewhat stubborn posting is caused by the aggressive spreading of negative speculation the past few weeks by certain well known figures. I suggest the community accept and tolerate him and other junior posters, because when i see newcomers picking up the "sport" it's clearly because they're fed up with the treatment they received at the hands of us old-timers here.

In other words, people in glass houses, inability to taste one's own medicine, pots and kettles and other similar folk wisdom sayings come to mind when watching the effort to pin him to the floor for arguing an unpopular point, by people who do it themselves and cry foul when they are swamped by the opposition...

Anyone who's been screaming their lungs off the past few months and monopolizing every single discussion here, should either learn to enjoy the aggressive verbal treatment at the hands of newcomers or suffer in silence, because the latest upsurge of backlash from newcomers is entirely their own doing through relentless provocation.

That is, until and if we can turn the situation around by a combination of more active moderation in an impartial manner (in other words, yellonet has as much chance of having his posts moved to the arguments megathread as anyone else) and hopefully updates and patches from the developers.

I know the point and shame might not be agreeable to some, but i have to call them as i see them and not tolerate double standards. In layman's terms, enjoy your counter-whining gentlemen, at least for as long as i'm not logged in to moderate it in an impartial manner :cool:

Also, due to popular demand this thread is now locked.