PDA

View Full Version : Champion of the Arena - a stupid campaign

DeepSoul
08-04-2011, 11:01 PM
It's a bit sad that this campaign has no real story. You just get thrown into an arena where you fight various battles and that doesn't make me want to play it. They should have done something more with the expansion, like a new story-driven campaign with new lands. I guess we have to wait until next game, if they ever do a sequel. :(

infernal1800
08-05-2011, 07:22 AM
It's a bit sad that this campaign has no real story. You just get thrown into an arena where you fight various battles and that doesn't make me want to play it. They should have done something more with the expansion, like a new story-driven campaign with new lands. I guess we have to wait until next game, if they ever do a sequel. :(

Yes, I totally agree with you. Therefore, I've decide to put this campaign into my map and I will make a story for those battles :) The only thing make me nervous is those guild that you can join. I dont understand how it works in the original game :confused: Did anyone tried this campaign, please tell me about this feature. Thanks ;)

1darklord
08-05-2011, 02:13 PM
I've not touched it, but will happily give it a go once I complete the main game. I quite fancy some nice fights actually.

Daniel.

Ignatius
12-21-2011, 07:51 AM
This campaign is for those who have gotten the most out of the main campaign and want a similar experience of building an army and all that entails without the 90+ hour investment.

Beyond that, I think that playing a strategy RPG and being that deeply upset by lack of story is fairly minor. It's like complaining that Risk doesn't have enough of a story to be enjoyable. The game play's still there, and more than enough to motivate any player who just wants a quick taste of great tactical gaming.

Also, if the presence of a story in a video game pleases you that much, I'd recommend you read more literature as I can assure you you will find storytelling significiantly more fulfilling than anything found in any video game. It's a bit of problem though, because the more books I read, the less I enjoy the stories found in video games.