PDA

View Full Version : how to move the guns when positioned as rear gunner?

David198502
08-04-2011, 10:34 AM
hey guys!i was just online on repka3, cause all the full real servers were completely empty.however after i shot down a spit, the guy left the server and i was alone.but some minutes later another player joined and took a Ju87. i watched the plane and clicked AltF1.this brought me straight into the rear gunner's position. with the left mouseclick i fired the guns but i was not able to move it!?how do i do that?i looked into the controls menu, but didnt find the relevant buttons for it.any answers on this?

btw, i think the view of the rear gunner is pretty bad implemented.you can only look backwards and you are not able to look at the pilot.thats pretty strange.

skouras
08-04-2011, 10:38 AM
press
ctrl-o
this get you in position
also use the arrows[press and hold] to change the position of the gun in the turret
be sure the arrows is not assign for the movement of the aircraft

David198502
08-04-2011, 10:39 AM
ok thx.isnt it possible to move it with the mouse?

adonys
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes, it is, you'll have to set your own custom controls in the axis/turret section.

David198502
08-04-2011, 11:32 AM
thx adonys, will give it a try

JG52Uther
08-04-2011, 11:36 AM
The default controls for gunners is a clunky system, and quite confusing.Hopefully in future updates it will be improved.

Blackdog_kt
08-04-2011, 01:53 PM
For quite a few turrets/gun positions there are two control sets:

1) Moving the gun within the limits of its "gimbals"/mountings. This is done with the mouse just like in IL2.
2). Moving the mounting itself to give yourself a different field of fire. This is done with the arrow keys on the default settings but you can reassign them. Due to the fact that moving a mount requires unlocking it, moving it and then locking it into place again, the response is not instantaneous.

Finally, if the turret is dual-position (examples are the top turret and ventral gun in the Br.20, the rear guns in the Stuka and 110, the dorsal gun on the 111 and the turret in the Blenheim), you need to bring it from cruise position to firing position first, ctrl+o is the default command for this.

Effectively this changes between a "parked" position that's used to minimize drag and the "open", ready to fire position that however creates more drag. In other words a lot of turrets have fairings or are semi-retractable to assist in drag reduction, but they can't fire from the low-drag position.

This is all historically accurate by the way.

I think i've mentioned this in the FAQ, check the stickies if you want more detail on it and known bugs in a couple of turrets.

wildone_106
08-04-2011, 03:16 PM
It should be set up as such by default, another reason why I don't play this game anymore. BTW how is it going, I haven't fired it up in about 2 months

Blackdog_kt
08-05-2011, 10:45 AM
If by "as such" you mean the way i describe it, then it is set like that by default: arrow keys to move the gun mount, mouse to move the gun.

Untamo
08-05-2011, 10:55 AM
If by "as such" you mean the way i describe it, then it is set like that by default: arrow keys to move the gun mount, mouse to move the gun.

You can move the gun if you exit the Independent mode. If you see the mouse pointer on screen, the gun wont move.

These two sum it up pretty good. F10 is the magic button for mouse mode. ...and ofcourse Ctrl-O for unlocking the gun.

easytarget3
08-05-2011, 09:50 PM
You can move the gun if you exit the Independent mode. If you see the mouse pointer on screen, the gun wont move.

Careful selecting the gunner position though, my experience (and I might be doing something wrong) is once you select him, he is no longer under AI control, and won't engage targets when you switch back to the pilot.

thats true,i went through all positions and then i was chased by a hurricane and none of the gunners shot at him :-(. they were completely silenced.