PDA

View Full Version : help with plane controls

bhunter2112
08-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Ok I have the game loaded. I am in quick mission. I start - I can fire the guns with my flight stick but I cannot steer the plane I just circle around till I crash. Any help?

AARPRazorbacks
08-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Go to your control's and set your joystick.

bhunter2112
08-04-2011, 02:10 AM
hard to do when you dont know what does what - why are not defaults there to be changed if needed?

David198502
08-04-2011, 05:53 AM
go to the controls menu.chosse the axis section.click on the axis you want to set up(x,y,throttle,rudders) and move the right axis on your stick.if you select an axis in the menu, you can set deadzones and sensitivity for each one.not that hard.

Blackdog_kt
08-04-2011, 01:44 PM
hard to do when you dont know what does what - why are not defaults there to be changed if needed?

There are defaults but due to the way windows assigns an ID to each controller automatically (and differently for pretty much every PC out there), the game's defaults might not be what your windows has set up.

For example, if the game defaults expect to "see" a joystick on ID #1 and your windows has assigned ID #4 to your stick, then there is a mismatch (the game is effectively looking in the wrong place because windows uses a different numbering sequence).

There are 3 ways to fix this, from hardest to easiest:

1) Manually edit your configuration files. Too much trial and error for my taste for something that can be done from within the game.
2) Manually edit the ID assignments via the windows control panel.
3) Re-assign your controls from the in-game options menus as suggested in the above post. This is the easiest solution.