PDA

View Full Version : Getting the game to work without Steam!

flightdok
08-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Is there any way to get the IL-2 Strumovik Cliffs of Dover to load and run without Steam. I downloaded a digital copy of this game 5 days ago and have tried to get Steam to load and run the game. I have done everything I can that steam has suggested and still can't steam to load and run my game. Does anyone have any idea on how to load the game and run it with this Steam......:(.......thankyou.....flightdok

yellonet
08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm not sure we're even allowed to discuss this topic...

I would surely like a version without the Steam integration though.

FFCW_Urizen
08-02-2011, 09:35 PM
have steam running, it doesn´t matter if it is on- or offline, and start the launcher.exe (located x:/.../steam/steamapps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/) manually, i had the problem, that steam simply didn´t wanted to start CloD. that way, i was able to run it and even play online.

so long
Uri

Danelov
08-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Nope. All depend of Steam and this one is at the commands.

Jaws2002
08-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Maybe your instal is messed up. Verify the game instal.

Start steam and do this:

Click on "Library", right click on "il-2 cliffs of dover" select "properties". In the new menu that opens click on "Local files" and then "verify integrity of game cache".
let steam check and fix your instal. I had few crashes here and there and this fixed few of them.

Good luck.

flightdok
08-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Steam will not load. It starts, then gives a steam updater window that says updating steam, it gets to 26% of the update x 3 times then quits and says "steam temporarily unavailible try again later"......:(......if steam won't load, then my game won't load either.

Anvilfolk
08-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty sure you're better off asking these questions over on Steam Support - it's not related to CoD at all, it seems.

That might happen if you have an unstable internet connection. I've had Steam break on me once, and I've been using it almost since it was out. Generally, I find it works pretty nicely, and it's been on a few of my computers.

addman
08-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure we're even allowed to discuss this topic...

I would surely like a version without the Steam integration though.

Why wouldn't we be allowed to discuss it here? After all, the game is being published by UbiSoft in E.U and U.S and according to the mods, luthier etc, this is not the official forum for us Europeans/Americans customers ;)

JG52Uther
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Suppose it depends if someone figures out a way to get CoD working without steam.
That would be one step away from piracy.

flightdok
08-03-2011, 06:43 PM
It is not piracy if you have already bought the digital download of this game through your Paypal account and can't get it to run Steam?....

albx
08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
It is not piracy if you have already bought the digital download of this game through your Paypal account and can't get it to run Steam?....

you can play it offline, but steam is required. The problem you have is with the Steam's client right? not with the game that don't start?

speculum jockey
08-04-2011, 12:11 AM

You don't own this game, you're renting it. As such you must use it within certain criteria. One of those criteria is STEAM. Steam is integrated into the game, and you're not going to get it to run without it unless you had access to the source code or some manner of developer tools.

Steam is the copy protection, and I'm sure the user agreement stated that this game must have its copy protection intact.

Go to the steam forums and ask there, they will have a better idea what is wrong.