PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft for patch?

Tree_UK
08-02-2011, 07:41 AM
I sent an email of complaint to 1C, my complaint was based on the lack of information and the fact that the game was sold only half finished. This is the reply, make of it what you will.

Hello,

I’m sorry for my late reply. I was advised that the correct company to turn to is Ubisoft as they are a publisher of this title. Please contact them for either a refund, or help with making the game work properly on your PC.

Thank you,
Kasia Orman

1C Publishing Tech Support

albx
08-02-2011, 07:44 AM
I sent an email of complaint to 1C, my complaint was based on the lack of information and the fact that the game was sold only half finished. This is the reply, make of it what you will.

Hello,

I’m sorry for my late reply. I was advised that the correct company to turn to is Ubisoft as they are a publisher of this title. Please contact them for either a refund, or help with making the game work properly on your PC.

Thank you,
Kasia Orman

send an email to Ubi then... I'm curious what will be their answer

retrojet
08-02-2011, 07:50 AM
That Kasia,

What a card :-D

I can't blame him, can you?

JG52Krupi
08-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Come on tree get a bit of patience I am sure the patch will be coming soon.

jimbop
08-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Yes, I don't think the next patch will be long now. Anyway, I bet ubi would just send you back to 1C for an answer!

skouras
08-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Come on tree get a bit of patience I am sure the patch will be coming soon.

agreed

klem
08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Yes, I don't think the next patch will be long now. Anyway, I bet ubi would just send you back to 1C for an answer!

I think you're right. Ubi do sales and refunds and can only refer bug/patch issues to 1C.

1C set this forum up to enable direct contact with its customers.

Allons!
08-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Tree, u could ask Kasia for a photo of her in the mean time until we get new ones from the developers.. :grin:

scotchegg
08-02-2011, 08:39 AM
For God's sake, pleeeeeeeeease get a refund and go and be at peace.

JG52Krupi
08-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I do feel sorry for Luthier and his team, they released quick fixes and broke things in the progress result in more moaning... Now they spend more time on the patches and get even more moaning :lol: I never considered myself a patient person but compared to some of you guys well... Just read some of the posts here it would make an interesting study for a psychiatrist :D

Feathered_IV
08-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Thanks Tree. It's good that someone is there to poke them with a stick now and again. I know you get much more flak than you deserve for following development so closely, but keep at it for us all. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

JG52Krupi
08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Yes but the problem is we know which wheel is squeaking, in fact the mechanic is already there trying to fix it and would it sure be nice if that women would stop constantly bickering and nagging in his ear luckily he has earplugs (aka luthier) and the baby keeps on throwing his toy out of the pram because as far as he's concerned everything is fine (David Hayward) and all the while the husband is waiting patiently for the mechanic to fix the car but is stuck in the crossfire of the baby's toys and the woman's moaning.

Yes this is a spoof of the car analogy ppl here use and if you can't guess which one I am.. Well I certainly feel like the husband and im starting to get a migraine from all the noise.

furbs
08-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Krupi, Luthier or the devs are not being nagged by anyone. hes not reading your, tree's, or bleeding anyone's posts.

No one is being slowed down or crying over these threads.

were just *beep* in the wind buddy :)

JG52Uther
08-02-2011, 10:54 AM
As a non Russian, 1C will just fob you off to ubi,who are the western publishers.
Ubi will just ignore you.The latest update news for CoD they have on their forum is dated May 23rd...

FFCW_Urizen
08-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Why should Ubi post any news in their forum, we are all here, aren´t we ;) .

Blackdog_kt
08-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Yes but the problem is we know which wheel is squeaking, in fact the mechanic is already there trying to fix it and would it sure be nice if that women would stop constantly bickering and nagging in his ear luckily he has earplugs (aka luthier) and the baby keeps on throwing his toy out of the pram because as far as he's concerned everything is fine (David Hayward) and all the while the husband is waiting patiently for the mechanic to fix the car but is stuck in the crossfire of the baby's toys and the woman's moaning.

Yes this is a spoof of the car analogy ppl here use and if you can't guess which one I am.. Well I certainly feel like the husband and im starting to get a migraine from all the noise.

Best analogy ever to be honest, i couldn't help but chuckle :grin:

JG53Frankyboy
08-02-2011, 12:33 PM
As a non Russian, 1C will just fob you off to ubi,who are the western publishers.
Ubi will just ignore you.The latest update news for CoD they have on their forum is dated May 23rd...

im also nonrusian, ans as i grew up in westerngermany had no russian language lessons in school - but i can imagine that the ruissian community in their forums are giving the developers hell ................. ;)
this here might be a kindergarten in comparison

JG52Uther
08-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Oh I can believe it! I was on the Russian forums when CoD was released there...

JG52Krupi
08-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Best analogy ever to be honest, i couldn't help but chuckle :grin:

:D thanks glad you liked it, I'm pretty sure that anyone that laughed at it definitely fits the 'husband' character.. In fact I guess all the moderators feel like husbands :lol: .

SUP_Trok
08-02-2011, 01:08 PM
we lost our Money! I am sure. :-(

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Tree, I'm surprised they didn't send a service rep over to your house to give you a progress report. Are you going to demand an update?

Sternjaeger II
08-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Tree, I'm surprised they didn't send a service rep over to your house to give you a progress report. Are you going to demand an update?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/13/Trolling.jpg

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm not trolling, I'm concerned about a fellow member of the community. I want to make sure he gets his refund.

5./JG27 Lehmann
08-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. I love this forum <3

robtek
08-02-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/13/Trolling.jpg

That works for the whole thread!

Nobody in his right mind would expect ubi to react in any sensible form to such a question.

imo.

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 01:29 PM

Nobody in his right mind would expect ubi to react in any sensible form to such a question.

imo.

Indeed. I'm starting to worry that the whiners thread is not going to work.

Sternjaeger II
08-02-2011, 01:33 PM

imo.

why?

JG52Uther
08-02-2011, 01:34 PM
David I think you missed an earlier post: How are you finding CoD online play?

Sternjaeger II
08-02-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm not trolling, I'm concerned about a fellow member of the community. I want to make sure he gets his refund.

http://files.sharenator.com/trolling-s450x548-157830-580.jpg

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 01:37 PM
David I think you missed an earlier post: How are you finding CoD online play?

I didn't miss it.

JG52Uther
08-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Blood from a stone...
How are you finding online play in CoD David?

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Blood from a stone...
How are you finding online play in CoD David?

About the same as the last time I was asked this question.

JG52Uther
08-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Admit it David, you don't actually have CoD do you... ;)

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Admit it David, you don't actually have CoD do you... ;)

Is there a point to this trolling?

JG52Krupi
08-02-2011, 01:50 PM

Your hypocrisy just made my head explode!

albx
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Mate, you need a vacation... believe me...

Blackdog_kt
08-02-2011, 02:05 PM
David, stop stirring the pot please. I've seen some of these guys derail perfectly good threads, in this case however it's you who started baiting them into derailing a valid one, maybe because you disagree with the implied message, i don't know.

Like i've said however, moderation is not primarily concerned about the message but the attitude: people can be critical or praising of the game as long as they are decent to each other and stick to a reporting style (as in reporting one's experiences, not acting like it's some kind of absolute truth that everyone else should accept).

I will never ban someone for saying "this and this needs to be fixed/works perfectly for me, what is your opinion guys?". People who get the ban-hammer treatment are those who go "this is broken beyond hope/this is better than sliced bread and if you don't agree with me you're a $%$%@%&".

You can invite your sparring partners to take the personal exchanges to the arguments and off-topic sticky, or you can go on a bit longer and i can take it there for you and whoever else decides to join in the fray, and i say this with a 100% calm demeanor. We all have our little boxing ring of a thread now, no need to scare off innocent bystanders if we want to engage in a bit of a verbal punch-up ;-)

I might not agree myself with what i suppose Tree's implied message might be, but:

a) it's my job to remain impartial, as long as his thread is within forum rules he deserves an on-topic thread just like anyone else
b) it's my job to remain impartial, if he flies off the handle the situation will be dealt with
c) it's my job to remain impartial, so if you keep baiting people you're no different than the ones you're baiting, talks will be had with the senior moderators and they'll take it from there.

KG26_Alpha
08-02-2011, 02:06 PM

Hello,

Thank you,
Kasia Orman

Whats your decision here then ?

They are telling you to get a refund or help fix the game.

So get a refund or help fix the game, anything but your constant griping.

Get a refund and be happy then you can leave the forums alone.
Or
Get busy helping with collecting data regarding bug issues that can be posted in the bug fix thread.

I hope you decide wisely.

To the rest of the usual suspects.

PS: you broke the mutual contact with 1C by constantly whining about anything they told you in any thread they made about anything to do with the game.

Tree_UK
08-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Alpha, if you read my post i wasn't asking for a refund, i made a complaint against the lack of information 'after' purchasing a half finished game. It was the 1c rep who suggested a refund, you may also note the lack of an apology, concern and the pass the buck mentality.

Im helping to fix the game by reminding those that sold it to me that I am still here, what exactly are you doing big boy?

albx
08-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Whats your decision here then ?

They are telling you to get a refund or help fix the game.

So get a refund or help fix the game, anything but your constant griping.

Get a refund and be happy then you can leave the forums alone.
Or
Get busy helping with collecting data regarding bug issues that can be posted in the bug fix thread.

I hope you decide wisely.

Alpha, I believe everybody wants fix the game and not a refund (and Tree_uk more than others I believe), but sorry to tell this, seems nobody is listening us... we report bugs (I reported some with screenshots) but nobody give you an answer... seems like between us and the devs is raised a very high wall

Tree_UK
08-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Alpha, I believe everybody wants fix the game and not a refund, but sorry to tell this, seems nobody is listening us... we report bugs (I reported some with screenshots) but nobody give you an answer... seems like between us and the devs is raised a very high wall

You're wasting your time, Alpha was one of those guys that during development was telling us all to relax and have faith in Oleg, foresight is not his virtue.

KG26_Alpha
08-02-2011, 02:15 PM
The Subforums are full of information for the devs

Thats why they are there.

Alpha, I believe everybody wants fix the game and not a refund (and Tree_uk more than others I believe), but sorry to tell this, seems nobody is listening us... we report bugs (I reported some with screenshots) but nobody give you an answer... seems like between us and the devs is raised a very high wall

You expect them to reply to everything you ask in the general forum

"Luthier fix this"

"Luthier fix that"

"Luthier wheres my friday patch"
etc etc etc

It repetitive boring and serves no purpose other than whining.

If you want to contribute do as the many others do. quietly and informatively in the sub forums.

You're wasting your time, Alpha was one of those guys that during development was telling us all to relax and have faith in Oleg, foresight is not his virtue.

Oh dear quite sad.

albx
08-02-2011, 02:21 PM
The Subforums are full of information for the devs

Thats why they are there.

You expect them to reply to everything you ask in the general forum

"Luthier fix this"

"Luthier fix that"

"Luthier wheres my friday patch"
etc etc etc

It repetitive boring and serves no purpose other than whining.

If you want to contribute do as the many others do. quietly and informatively in the sub forums.

No, you are wrong, I don't want an answer to every my question, I would like to know if my problems are related to me or is a bug. A sticky and locked "list" of known bugs that the devs are working on would be nice and in this case before somebody report a bug, look there and see if it is already reported. I know a list is there, but is not from the devs... right? The team don't have maybe resources to do it?

JG52Uther
08-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Actually I was one of the guys also telling people before release not to worry, relax, and trust In Oleg...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/pie.jpg

Tree_UK
08-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Well i agree with you on that Alpha, it really is very sad.

dash2099
08-02-2011, 02:31 PM
with respect.. Threads like this is the core reason communication has dropped completely. We would probably have a beta patch or two by now if it wasn't for all the whinging. Why? if they release another patch and it breaks something else the hatred will triple. So now we hear nothing and get nothing till it's ready to be released and tested to death.

I always read that the community is angry, but when I look it's always the same 10 or so people who apparently think they are the community. the negativity of these few are ruining it for the rest.

robtek
08-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Right on the spot! dash2099

KG26_Alpha
08-02-2011, 02:35 PM
with respect.. Threads like this is the core reason communication has dropped completely. We would probably have a beta patch or two by now if it wasn't for all the whinging. Why? if they release another patch and it breaks something else the hatred will triple. So now we hear nothing and get nothing till it's ready to be released and tested to death.

I always read that the community is angry, but when I look it's always the same 10 or so people who apparently think they are the community. the negativity of these few are ruining it for the rest.

Quite sad...........................but true

Spot on

No, you are wrong,

Never

JG52Uther
08-02-2011, 02:36 PM
True,we should all just leave and come back in a few weeks.
Maybe 1C could lock everything except the tech threads? Thats where I'm off to.Hopefully Dave won't follow me...
The rest of the forum is just useless pap anyway.
Everyone happy :)
Mods?

JG53Frankyboy
08-02-2011, 02:38 PM
...............tested to death.

that would be something totaly new i guess ................
Looking forward to this , and i belive it would be a good thing !

Sternjaeger II
08-02-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry, but this whole thing has become quite ludicrous and completely out of any standard of common sense.

The fact is that we were sold an unfinished product, deliberately advertised as a complete game, riddled with bugs, with placeholder sounds and very poor explanation of what's happening, spending a lot of money over it. Do you agree with this?

The trusted customers and fans, the ones that have seen this thing grow up, the ones that contributed, that helped in any way, shape or form, find now themselves in a reality where the game is still seriously incomplete (and that's another fact you have to agree on), still buggy, and to add insult to injury, now selling at half the price of what it was originally sold for, and I'm not talking about 4 years ago, it's just 5 months ago.

Is people's frustration understandable and justifiable? Hell yes, and if you say no it's just because either you work for them or you just like being shafted. It's your problem, not mine, and no, I'm not asking for a patch every Friday, all I am saying is that in view of all the aforementioned points we want to know what is going on on a regular base, because we've been fooled around for far too long, and if the law here is the forum rules' law, purposely perpetrated so that there's no complaining, out there there's the real law, which would hardly deem 1C and Ubisoft behaviour as justifiable.

And stop calling everyone that disagrees with you a whiner, a whiner is someone that complains about stupid things with no knowledge of what he's on about, we are angry customers, it's quite different.

albx
08-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Never

fine.... it seems then that our help is not needed...

Tree_UK
08-02-2011, 02:43 PM

lol, you really believe that dont you. I guess all those polls and petitions were rigged by the same 10 people, and the fact that Luthier hasn't logged onto the Russian forums since June means that the same 10 people are complaining over there as well. :grin::grin:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1459/ostrichheadinsand.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/ostrichheadinsand.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Havoc04
08-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Hmmm. Thread FAIL!
Actually Tree you should be made "Head Thread Fail Topic Organizer".

Sternjaeger II
08-02-2011, 02:57 PM

..seriously? :rolleyes:

How long have you been on these forums for man? THEY decide whether to say or not say things, regardless of what happens in this forum. The truth is that tehy don't give a d**n about what's going on here. And that's what needs to change, because it's not fair, and the fact that more than 200 forum members expressed their agreement on the fact that they would like regular and adequate updates on what's going on with the patch is not just the voice of 10 people, these 10 people are the ones that want to voice this protest, which is motivated and fair.

Tree_UK
08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Hmmm. Thread FAIL!
Actually Tree you should be made "Head Thread Fail Topic Organizer".

Yes, whatever you say. Just explain again How exactly a thread can fail? And then tell me what the opposite of thread fail is?

Havoc04
08-02-2011, 03:05 PM
How long is a piece of String?

SiThSpAwN
08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
As a new user here, I dont understand why Moderators in this forum argue with people instead of just locking threads like this. This should have been locked after the first Mod response, I am not sure what is more frustrating about this game anymore, the lack of good information, or the loads of BS in these forums.

Right or wrong, if a Mod saw issue with this thread lock it and be done, of course I sifted through it to see that so I guess I am just as guilty lol...

yellonet
08-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Im helping to fix the game by reminding those that sold it to me that I am still here, what exactly are you doing big boy?
That is by no means "helping".
For the most part you seem to just enjoy the attention that you get with your I'm still here-posts.
I don't know, but if I were the developer and constantly reading posts with bitter comments on how bad the game is, I would just be annoyed and the result would be down right counter-productive.

Havoc04
08-02-2011, 03:15 PM
As a new user here, I dont understand why Moderators in this forum argue with people instead of just locking threads like this. This should have been locked after the first Mod response, I am not sure what is more frustrating about this game anymore, the lack of good information, or the loads of BS in these forums.

Right or wrong, if a Mod saw issue with this thread lock it and be done, of course I sifted through it to see that so I guess I am just as guilty lol...

AGREED X10 well said mate

KG26_Alpha
08-02-2011, 03:15 PM
How long is a piece of String?

Twice the length from one end to the middle :)

albx
08-02-2011, 03:21 PM
That is by no means "helping".
For the most part you seem to just enjoy the attention that you get with your I'm still here-posts.
I don't know, but if I were the developer and constantly reading posts with bitter comments on how bad the game is, I would just be annoyed and the result would be down right counter-productive.

So here the only valid posts are "oh my god, amazing game..." ?????? what are you talking about? As luthier said, "If we didn't listen to criticism, Il-2 would never in a million years get to where it did back in 2001. blablabla..." maybe he have changed his mind? Maybe too many criticism for an unfinished title? Maybe, Ilya, Oleg's shoes are too tight?

Pudfark
08-02-2011, 03:23 PM
This sort of reminds me of the movie "Cool Hand Luke"....
Where Luthier is the Prison Warden....and says to "Luke" (the customers),
"What we got here boy? Is a failure to communicate".

Indeed, we do...
However, who is responsible?

Who is disrupting the communication?
Why?

Legitimate concerns and complaints have been made.
They all have gone unanswered by Luthier.

Whether, you like the polls or not?
They are indicative of a trend, a growing trend.

It's like a fire, that is getting out of control....
Luthier can put it out with a couple of brief statements....
Or, David Hayward can continue to urinate on it....

That's their choice.

Sternjaeger II
08-02-2011, 03:25 PM
it's a choice they can't afford, given the fact that they sold an unfinished product as a complete one.

KG26_Alpha
08-02-2011, 03:25 PM

Previous experience shows:

If the thread is locked then we get the Communist gagging order theorists start another thread stating they were gagged in the previous thread that had 300 users all stating they were not being treated correctly by developer or publisher, Ad infinitum.

I'm surprised its not been moved to the sickie section yet :)

But then I'm loading the car for my drive to France and Spain tomorrow, so looking forward to my trip, hope the forum hasn't been over run and burned down by the malcontent's here whilst I'm away :)

Sternjaeger II
08-02-2011, 03:26 PM
uh and what's with this new wave of forum members, which I bet will disappear soon, who think this situation is actually acceptable? :rolleyes:

Sternjaeger II
08-02-2011, 03:27 PM
If the thread is locked then we get the Communist gagging order theorists start another thread stating they were gagged in the previous thread that had 300 users all stating they were no being treated correctly by developer or publisher.

gosh, is that so? :rolleyes:

But then I'm loading the car for my drive to France and Spain tomorrow, so looking forward to my trip, hope the forum hasn't been over run and burned down by the malcontent's here whilst I'm away :)

joking aside, have a safe trip and great holiday, we all need a break from this madness..

albx
08-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Previous experience shows:

If the thread is locked then we get the Communist gagging order theorists start another thread stating they were gagged in the previous thread that had 300 users all stating they were no being treated correctly by developer or publisher.

remember, the right side of the road is RIGHT :-P

VO101_Tom
08-02-2011, 05:12 PM

That's not true. From where you would know it, that who does not come here to quarrel onto a official forum, what is their opinion? They satisfied, or indifferent already?

I know it, what the situation with all Hungarian squadrons. I do not detail it, I do not know a man who would be satisfied with the game. So, if I may suggest it - with all respect - always speak in your own name only. Thank you.

furbs
08-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey Alpha, have a safe trip and a nice holiday buddy!

ps, see if you can buy a sense of humor while your there. ;)

furbs
08-02-2011, 06:11 PM
If i remember rightly David didn't play online, dont think he could get anyone to play with him :)

Hell, when David was a kid they had to tie a pork chop round his neck to get the dog to play with him :)

nearmiss
08-02-2011, 06:43 PM
How many times, how often... do the same old whines and complaints have to be read by this community.

The same members keep the same junk flowing and going. It's like verbal barrages from 8 year olds whining over their cereal.

At this point it doesn't matter how much is whined and groaned about the "not ready for prime time" release of Cliffs of Dover. It doesn't matter to anyone. You malcontents have probably damaged the developer, even hurt sales and I'm sure you feel justified in your little world.

The sad part is... if you are a real air combat enthusiat like many of us are on this forums, you aren't motivating the developer. In fact, if I were on the dev team and I took your blastings to heart... I would release what must be released to make the COD viable. I would thereafter take the easy road and just pump out more graphic junk and never improve the core programming (as Oleg did after Forgotten Battles was released). Oleg's Ready Room on Ubisoft was a constant nightmare of whines, complaints and other non-productive chastisement of the developer. I didn't blame Oleg then for spewing out graphics only, nor would I blame the developer now.

At some point on this forums our members are going to get enough and demand certain individuals get banned for a long while. All you have to do is look at some of the threads for this week and you'll see who all the troublemakers are. You don't have to make the bad postings, just responding to them fuels the fires of discontent among others.

I suggest to the developer quit all conversations with members. Make patch release statements like press releases to interested websites only.

There is no appeasing malcontents. They are in it for the negative attention. They go so far as to incite other posters to make negative remarks and then they report them to moderators. The reported postings moderators are inundated with are of dubious value to us anymore.

After you read this... do yourself and all of us a favor. Don't respond to my posting amen or naymen. Responses to this post will just turn into more fuel for the troublemakers fires of discontent and whines.

Helrza
08-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks Tree. It's good that someone is there to poke them with a stick now and again. I know you get much more flak than you deserve for following development so closely, but keep at it for us all. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

This isnt aimed directly at you Feathered, so please dont get offended :) i dont usually get involved in these types of convo's.

But there is a difference between poking a stick now and then, and kicking the **** out of something, which seems to be the general case in this forum.

I was looking for a thread the other day about doin the inverted pass under the london bridge, and at least 1/2 the threads were full of complaints like this, pretty much by the same set of people.... and to be honest, its a bit boring, and has pushed me, and probably others from taking any real interest in taking part here on a regular basis.

My view is, if there is any reason why the devs dont talk, its the poor community thats being raped by the usual likely to have caused it.

Tree_UK
08-02-2011, 07:19 PM
How many times, how often... do the same old whines and complaints have to be read by this community.

The same members keep the same junk flowing and going. It's like verbal barrages from 8 year olds whining over their cereal.

At this point it doesn't matter how much is whined and groaned about the "not ready for prime time" release of Cliffs of Dover. It doesn't matter to anyone. You malcontents have probably damaged the developer, even hurt sales and I'm sure you feel justified in your little world.

The sad part is... if you are a real air combat enthusiat like many of us are on this forums, you aren't motivating the developer. In fact, if I were on the dev team and I took your blastings to heart... I would release what must be released to make the COD viable. I would thereafter take the easy road and just pump out more graphic junk and never improve the core programming (as Oleg did after Forgotten Battles was released). Oleg's Ready Room on Ubisoft was a constant nightmare of whines, complaints and other non-productive chastisement of the developer. I didn't blame Oleg then for spewing out graphics only, nor would I blame the developer now.

At some point on this forums our members are going to get enough and demand certain individuals get banned for a long while. All you have to do is look at some of the threads for this week and you'll see who all the troublemakers are. You don't have to make the bad postings, just responding to them fuels the fires of discontent among others.

I suggest to the developer quit all conversations with members. Make patch release statements like press releases to interested websites only.

There is no appeasing malcontents. They are in it for the negative attention. They go so far as to incite other posters to make negative remarks and then they report them to moderators. The reported postings moderators are inundated with are of dubious value to us anymore.

After you read this... do yourself and all of us a favor. Don't respond to my posting amen or naymen. Responses to this post will just turn into more fuel for the troublemakers fires of discontent and whines.

Well you are entitled your opinion Nearmiss, however it doesn't hold more weight because you are a moderator. You suggest that we aren't motivating the developer which personally I find strange, I would of thought the developer should be motivating us, the customer and potential customers. You only have to read the thread about how many squads are flying CLOD online to realise that the damage to the virtual pilots community has not come about through negative posts in here. Also to suggest that anyone who has complained or posted in a negative manner has damaged sales is frankly firing very wide of the mark.
I dont think you need to suggest to the developer to quit all communication, the dev's seem to have come to that conclusion on their own. I would be interested on your take on what is happening on the Russian forums though, are they infested with 'malcontents' (as your gracefully call us), because they have had less communication from the dev's than we have.

Tree_UK
08-02-2011, 07:21 PM
This isnt aimed directly at you Feathered, so please dont get offended :) i dont usually get involved in these types of convo's.

But there is a difference between poking a stick now and then, and kicking the **** out of something, which seems to be the general case in this forum.

I was looking for a thread the other day about doin the inverted pass under the london bridge, and at least 1/2 the threads were full of complaints like this, pretty much by the same set of people.... and to be honest, its a bit boring, and has pushed me, and probably others from taking any real interest in taking part here on a regular basis.

My view is, if there is any reason why the devs dont talk, its the poor community thats being raped by the usual likely to have caused it.

The same goes for the Russian forums as well, in fact have the dev's been pushed out of all flight sim forums? Come on guys, get in the real world.

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 07:45 PM
I dont think you need to suggest to the developer to quit all communication, the dev's seem to have come to that conclusion on their own.

Actually, they seem to have decided to start mocking you. That should tell you how valued your "communication" is to them at this time.

SiThSpAwN
08-02-2011, 07:58 PM

Again being new here I really dont enjoy all the usual forum BS, but then that comes with the territory... that said, what a bold statement this is, being a NA user, I didnt get to this party till later, but wow, I think if anything has hurt the developer its not a few disgruntled users, I would be more worried about the people you dont hear from on this forum, the ones that have long since wrote off their 60 bucks (or however much they might have paid).

I am hopeful for a good game at a later date after patches, but to be honest, I enjoy some of the game currently but I wont buy from this developer again, let alone pre-order until I hear a much more positive outlook of the game. If I can get a feel like I do at, for example, the DCS forums, then I know it will be worth, what is to me alot of money I work hard for.

Personally, the Mods have lost control of this forum, these posts shouldnt continue and should be locked before they get to the 10th page of what is an internet pissing contest... and before I read a response from a Mod that just makes me grind my teeth...

Sure hope you dont speak for the devs...

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 08:01 PM
You hold me in to higher regard David if you think the dev's are just mocking me. Its understandable that you have come to this conclusion though.

I'm sure you're not the only one that they are mocking.

Pudfark
08-02-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm sure you're not the only one that they are mocking.

Dear David,

You, as their lackey, are the one being mocked....;)

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Dear David,

You, as their lackey, are the one being mocked....;)

Not by anyone that matters.

Blackdog_kt
08-02-2011, 08:30 PM
uh and what's with this new wave of forum members, which I bet will disappear soon, who think this situation is actually acceptable? :rolleyes:

They are entitled to their opinion just the same.

The following part is addressed to everyone, not Sternjaeger in particular.

Like i've said a million times already: everyone should be free to express their opinion.

When someone aggressively tries to project their opinion as the one and only truth, then he's reached the point where he is suppressing the opinions of the rest.

In other words, as far as moderating is concerned i don't care about what your message is. Some people think the game is good, others think it's bad, some think it's very bad and others think it's excellent. NOBODY will get banned for stating an opinion like this.
What i only care about is not being offensive in the way you spread your message to people who disagree with you.

In other words, people will disagree with us all, let's get over it or stop frequenting open forums like this.

Finally, due to the increasing amount of requests from various community members to stop this kind of threads, i have no other choice but to lock this down.

This should tell us all we need to know about how representative these threads are of the community in general: my mailbox is daily inundated with people asking me to enforce stricter measures.

There's loads of posts/threads here who raise attention to faults with the sim and they are not an eyesore to read. Read them, take notes and copy their manners because frankly, after only a few days of moderating i can see that the vast majority of the community is bored stiff with this kind of attitude from the amount of requests alone that i get from different members to ban people or lock threads.

And since our job is to make this place habitable for the majority, soon we all won't have any other choice but to do as they wish, because we can't let the vocal few dominate the quiet majority.

There's a rants, arguments and speculation sticky so that we can all vent our frustration there. Use it or miss it guys.