PDA

View Full Version : Well. The physics of having my arse handed to me..

capt vertigo
08-02-2011, 01:06 AM
..feel vastly improved in my opinion.. Or at least they did last nite when I experienced my first online action, and got my butt shot down. LOL

Totally blew a great energy advantage with a stupid neg g manouver..

The dude in the 109 made me pay...

Now that I have finally gotten around to trying out the online portion of this sim..

Seriously folks, this sim is gonna ROCK!...

Mike

GOA_Potenz
08-02-2011, 02:22 AM
Well lasta night i was talking the same with a friend, after been playing around with CloD, last night i been back to Il-2 1946, and found that flying was way more easy in 1946

CaptainDoggles
08-02-2011, 03:24 AM
There's a lot of grumbling on these boards, some of it warranted but most of it not.

Yes, Maddox Games are doing an abysmally poor job of keeping us informed. Yes, the game has some flaws both major and minor.

But since I figured out that turning trees off fixes the online sound bug, I've really found this sim to be a diamond in the rough. Bf 109s and Fiats vs Spit Mk1/Hurri is a very balanced matchup and the Rotol version of the Hurricane is very competitive.

I have high hopes that CLOD will eventually become a true successor to il2fb.

capt vertigo
08-02-2011, 04:29 AM
It's got good bones..

I really like the FM.. Vastly more nuanced and sophisticated feel to the aircraft.IMO

hiro
08-02-2011, 05:36 AM
ah yes, I remember that happened alot in hyperlobby. still good to know this game is coming along (and will be) great.

Hey OP, you got alot further than alot of people in MP.

FFCW_Urizen
08-02-2011, 11:10 AM
@doggles: can you confirm that disabling the trees fixes the soundbug???

@vertigo: at least you messed up with a maneuver, unlike me just overshooting and ending up a targeting practice :D

furbs
08-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Yep, No tree's = no sound bug.

FFCW_Urizen
08-02-2011, 11:45 AM
thx furbs, gotta try it later :mrgreen:

capt vertigo
08-02-2011, 08:31 PM
yep. Played again last nite on Syndicate..

It's a lotta fun..

I tried to bounce a 110 last nite...
It's so awesome taking on live pilots.. :)
It's like the difference between playing acoustic alone, and strapping into your strat with a live band.. :)

I think I'll try dl ing Ventrillo next..

I guess thats the one to go with..?!?

FFCW_Urizen
08-02-2011, 09:28 PM
before i can take on pilots, i have to survive first :D

Strike
08-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm surprised you weren't banned for using the word QUOTE "arse" UNQUOTE in the title. Anyways I couldnt agree more... When going back to IL-2 1946 it now nearly feels like arcade. Every plane is too stable, no significant headbobbing, no "real" damage model, nowhere as good immersion as in CloD :)

SEE
08-02-2011, 11:34 PM
CaptainDoggles, thanks for the MP sound bugs tip. Disabled forests and sound worked fine :-D.....should be stickied in the MP forum!

furbs
08-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Maybe it should be on the DVD cover :)

Jaws2002
08-03-2011, 06:41 AM
I had a lot of fun in Bf-110 on the Syndicate this days. I usually go bomb some base when the AI is landing and then try to make it out from there, with one or two Spits chewing on my rudder. :mrgreen: Or I pick on some formation of Wellingtons over the chanel.
Tons of fun.

The server runs smooth now and there's always something going on. Big formations of bombers and interceptors going both ways and a lot of marauders penetrating at low level. Always something to do.:D

Skoshi Tiger
08-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Maybe it should be on the DVD cover :)

Something like "Enjoy an emersive multiplayer sound experience in treeless environments"? ;)

Cheers!

Oh and my sound seams to work with trees as long as my ping rate doesn't get to high!

FFCW_Urizen
08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
my sound is fine, but everytime im in the game for more than a hour, it starts stuttering and then goes silent. and the silence is only disturbed by stuttering or by flak :mrgreen:

FFCW_Urizen
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
already done that, sorry for the irritation.

So Long
Uri

CaptainDoggles
08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
I had a lot of fun in Bf-110 on the Syndicate this days. I usually go bomb some base when the AI is landing and then try to make it out from there, with one or two Spits chewing on my rudder. :mrgreen: Or I pick on some formation of Wellingtons over the chanel.
Tons of fun.

The server runs smooth now and there's always something going on. Big formations of bombers and interceptors going both ways and a lot of marauders penetrating at low level. Always something to do.:D

I witnessed you manhandling those bombers. How far out did you set your convergence?