PDA

View Full Version : Npc_trener_priest?

DeepSoul
08-01-2011, 11:09 PM
In my scanned save file, I found an entry called npc_trener_priest in Wizard's Tower. It seems he's selling some items and units. Is he on one of the top floors of the new Wizard's Tower of Debir? I can't get up the first stairs because of a bug so there is no way for me to found out on my own.

infernal1800
08-02-2011, 04:14 AM
In my scanned save file, I found an entry called npc_trener_priest in Wizard's Tower. It seems he's selling some items and units. Is he on one of the top floors of the new Wizard's Tower of Debir? I can't get up the first stairs because of a bug so there is no way for me to found out on my own.

Yes, He is in wizard tower, his name is caretaker and we also have one or two guy in the training dungeon of Debir who have the same portrait as caretaker :)

I'm have looked at some higher floors in wizard tower and it does have some shops but I dont know who is the host of those shop :)

Which bug have you found in that wizard tower. I havent tried it :)

DeepSoul
08-02-2011, 06:38 PM
It's just that when I try to go up to the second floor, the game stops loading after a while.

infernal1800
08-03-2011, 07:21 AM
It's just that when I try to go up to the second floor, the game stops loading after a while.

Nahhh, I think there is a bug with portal lead to the next floor in your version. Did it load up to 1/4 or 1/5 the bar and stop loading? If it's true, you have to use the editor to fix this, otherwise I dont know any other solution right now :(

DeepSoul
08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Nahhh, I think there is a bug with portal lead to the next floor in your version. Did it load up to 1/4 or 1/5 the bar and stop loading? If it's true, you have to use the editor to fix this, otherwise I dont know any other solution right now :(

It loads to 75%, then it stops. But I'm not going to start a new game now, because this game is fun and is going well. What would I have to do in the editor and will it affect my saved game?

infernal1800
08-04-2011, 11:28 AM
It loads to 75%, then it stops. But I'm not going to start a new game now, because this game is fun and is going well. What would I have to do in the editor and will it affect my saved game?

Unfortunately, you have to restart to get the effect :( Actually, I'm not guarantee that it will help, can you open wizard tower in the editor => look for the portal lead to second floor => click right mouse on this portal => click "edit logic unit" => turn to tab "traps" => click the "+" sign next to INTERACTION,PASSIVE,ON, (ORC...) and post me the **** in: "switch location: (****), delay 0 sec.

I will try to help you to access to the next floor :)

DeepSoul
08-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks. It says (portal tower_2floor_enter to wizard_tower).

infernal1800
08-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Thanks. It says (portal tower_2floor_enter to wizard_tower).

It's strange. I have the same portal with you and I can go to the top of the tower. Can you look for the second floor :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/123uvd.jpg/

right click to the thing that has yellow color and a arrow in front of the bottom portal => click edit logic unit => tab traps => If there is a line with somethings like: " + On_TELEPORT, (ORC:....) " can you click to the sign "+" and post me those lines spawn out?

DeepSoul
08-05-2011, 06:01 PM
It's weird indeed. I don't think it has anything to do with the second portal because that object isn't activated when you go up, but here it is anyway:

execute action script "restore_hero_troop" with param ""
send event [Diplomacy] to [wizard_tower_trigger_752]

I should also mention that this crash only happens when I play Adventure mod , but I don't think he has touched the Wizard's Tower in his mod, so it has to be something else in that mod that causes it.

infernal1800
08-06-2011, 03:24 AM
It's weird indeed. I don't think it has anything to do with the second portal because that object isn't activated when you go up, but here it is anyway:

execute action script "restore_hero_troop" with param ""
send event [Diplomacy] to [wizard_tower_trigger_752]

I should also mention that this crash only happens when I play Adventure mod , but I don't think he has touched the Wizard's Tower in his mod, so it has to be something else in that mod that causes it.

Sorry, I cant help you out with this bug :( Because you have the same portals as me and everything is fine. If you really want to play this tower, you have to check the wizard tower in Orc session and wizard tower in Adventure session. If there is anything difference, correct it. Otherwise, I cant help you right now :(

silverdropone
12-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Did this ever get resolved? I have the same issue as DeepSoul...

DGDobrev
12-19-2011, 03:47 PM
I think it is not since no new version of the scanner was released. However, almost all of the item rewards/sales with weird names are related to new NPC's or new buildings so it is not so hard to assume where can that npc be located. For example Town_House_04 is the new Academy and so on.