PDA

View Full Version : To Luthier... How are you?

retrojet
07-31-2011, 02:12 AM
Self-censored...
Not worth reading...

Mattius
07-31-2011, 02:16 PM
About time we got an update from devs.......

the Dutchman
07-31-2011, 03:09 PM
...Hope all is well your end?...
Best regards, from us lot... Whether they like it or not!

Hmmmmmmmmmm,this feels like a trap...:???:

esmiol
07-31-2011, 04:53 PM
hi luthier... you are gooD? i hope... when the next patch and real infos?

retrojet
07-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Haha!

No...:) I can't imagine Luthier has any time to wade through all the posts... I have enough trouble meself!

I suppose signing it from 'us' was a bit cheeky, but on the off-chance that he had a spare moment, I thought he might be tempted to spill a bean or two... ;)

I know... It's asking a lot... but maybe the sun is out, the beer is chilled and Luthier is feeling life is good! Which it is!

All the best! :mrgreen:

esmiol
07-31-2011, 05:26 PM
if only rhey were working as strong during devellopement than now... maybe we don't have fryday update :)

retrojet
07-31-2011, 05:46 PM
if only rhey were working as strong during devellopement than now... maybe we don't have fryday update :)

Esmiol, me 'ol mate!

I think you have hit it on the head with 'fry' day, coz that's what some guys would like to do to the poor buggers!:-D

( sorry to pick on your spelling,( it's Friday), because my English is bad, and I am! ;).
Understanding a 2nd language must be cool...) :)

esmiol
07-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Esmiol, me 'ol mate!

I think you have hit it on the head with 'fry' day, coz that's what some guys would like to do to the poor buggers!:-D

( sorry to pick on your spelling,( it's Friday), because my English is bad, and I am! ;).
Understanding a 2nd language must be cool...) :)

lol sorry for my mystake :D

don't worry i'm not touchy (i hope it is the good word...;) )

and i agree with your thought

it is cool to understand a second language yes... but it is more great in the game community because in the frensh community i heard so much stupidity :) the english one are noob compare frensh in this field :D

retrojet
07-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Lol :-D

No stupidity here ;)

Just enthusiasm! And lots of constructive criticism... It's a great sim, with some interesting problems... But patience is a virtue...
It's very hard waiting for improvements, but I think everybody agrees they are wishing for a happy ending! :-D

Tree_UK
07-31-2011, 08:34 PM
I think Luthier is fine, you generally find that poeple who dont give a crap about anybody else have a stress free life. :grin:

retrojet
07-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Deleted by moi

yellonet
07-31-2011, 09:06 PM
I think Luthier is fine, you generally find that poeple who dont give a crap about anybody else have a stress free life. :grin:
So much bitterness... :|

Tree_UK
07-31-2011, 09:53 PM
In time you will see.

Robert
07-31-2011, 10:00 PM

Says the guy with no stress in his life. :P

NedLynch
07-31-2011, 10:11 PM
Since I am fairly new here allow me to ask this:
Was it always a "fryday" update, i.e., update and then get fried by the community, justfied or not?
Seen this with another game, F1 2010, an avalanche of complaints, justified and not, on the forum, devs and moderators seemed to get just sick of it, after putting an effort in to solve everyone's problems, seemed they didn't have the time to do everything in the game they wanted and fix all the problems, just had to release it.....one patch that for many made things worse, then pretty much silence from the official side, worst thing that can happen, not to hear from the guys responsible for the game, just leads to more frying.

JG52Uther
07-31-2011, 10:20 PM
The Friday update was pretty regular,when Oleg was in charge, and before the game was released.
Once it was released, and the **** hit the fan, the Friday updates stopped.
The devs have our money now, so we wait for whatever crumbs they will throw us, whilst we try to enjoy what we have, and wonder at what might have been.
:)

Pudfark
07-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Just my opinion....

Clod now being heavily discounted in price....

Plus

No definitive word from the dev's in weeks....

Equals

A bunch of good loyal customers who paid full price and
have been left in the dark....adds up to?

The thought, that this project has been abandoned....?

As every day passes without any direct information to the contrary?
The more likely it seems.....

retrojet
07-31-2011, 11:26 PM
The devs have our money now, so we wait for whatever crumbs they will throw us, whilst we try to enjoy what we have, and wonder at what might have been.

:-D ...what will be... :-D

Hehe...

NedLynch
08-01-2011, 12:08 AM
To the two posts below mine:
EXACTELY what was posted by the community for F1 2010 and yes indeed, they abandoned the game, busy working on the next one...oops 1C is working on the next one as well, right?

retrojet
08-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Does the same physics model apply to motorsports?
I imagine there is a wider audience, too? Certainly a lot of competition between developers... No time to hesitate about the next big thing...

NedLynch
08-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Nah, not physics model, just what happened with the game after release,
somewhat of a parallel pattern with the game not being what was expected or bugs being detected and the devs slowly but steadily disappearing from the forums, leaving some people with the feeling "now they have our money, so why would they put an effort into fixing the game?"
I certainly hope it's in the case of CoD only because they are working on game inprovements and are just too buisy to update the community until the next patch comes out.

Oh and the next big thing for the dev of F1 2010 is F1 2011, soooo....it would have been good to build a better customer base for the next game, either by fixing the issues or by at least appearing on the forums and saying" look people, it is what it is, we are not happy with it but we just had to release the game", but not appearing on the forums for a mature conversation of issues or to tell the community what is going to happen next was their biggest blunder, not the game issues themselves.

jimbop
08-01-2011, 03:32 AM
I think that the real decider for the longevity of CoD will be the first expansion. My hope is that:

1. the majority of the bugs are sorted out by then, and
2. there are positive reviews (and posts) after the expansion is released, hopefully with an added major system (e.g. weather/dynamic campaign/whatever).

Assuming they do a good job this will help pull back the numerous players who have been scared off by the state of this release. Wouldn't it be nice to see properly populated servers!

NedLynch
08-01-2011, 04:32 AM
jimbop, completely agree with you there, fully dynamic campaign and a lot more optimization is a must.
I posted this in another thread, just flew a quick mission, clouds on more than halfed my framerate, went from 60 - 80 to struggleing to get to 30.

jimbop
08-01-2011, 04:59 AM
jimbop, completely agree with you there, fully dynamic campaign and a lot more optimization is a must.
I posted this in another thread, just flew a quick mission, clouds on more than halfed my framerate, went from 60 - 80 to struggleing to get to 30.

Yes, clouds can be a framerate killer as can be the mirror!

I don't think a dynamic campaign from 1C is likely in any 1C expansion let alone the first one. I think this would end up being third-party. But I can always dream. The weather systems on the other hand...

Blackdog_kt
08-01-2011, 09:54 AM
The Friday update was pretty regular,when Oleg was in charge, and before the game was released.
Once it was released, and the **** hit the fan, the Friday updates stopped.

Let me address the flaw in the reasoning: updates stopped because there's not enough stuff to show and they take more time to make now that we know all about the initial content.

Before the release, updates were weekly because you couldn't look at pictures of pretty planes without the developer's help, so they gave you some screenshots (that was the nature of the previous Friday updates and some people complained even then, but most were happy with just that, screenshots and the occasional video).

Now you can fire up the sim and snap all the screenshots you want, hence the update has to show something more. Since that something more is ahead and beyond what is already included in the sim, it means newly coded stuff, which means waiting until it's ready and functional before a screenshot/video can be made to display it.

Unless you all want some C++ code to look at in the meantime :-P

furbs
08-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Blackdog, in your very reasonable world, how long would you say it should take to present to the flight sim community the sim in a releasable state, if they had to get it out the door in the state it was.

this is a honest question, not side to it.

GF_Mastiff
08-01-2011, 10:09 AM
2weeks

pupaxx
08-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I'll be seriously concerned from mid september, if the silence should continue after the summer break.
Until then I promised myself to be not involved in any flaming and unconstructive thread.
Cheers

furbs
08-01-2011, 12:08 PM
so 6 months from release, i can agree with that.

shall i do a poll? ....only joking :grin:

philip.ed
08-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Let me address the flaw in the reasoning: updates stopped because there's not enough stuff to show and they take more time to make now that we know all about the initial content.

Before the release, updates were weekly because you couldn't look at pictures of pretty planes without the developer's help, so they gave you some screenshots (that was the nature of the previous Friday updates and some people complained even then, but most were happy with just that, screenshots and the occasional video).

Now you can fire up the sim and snap all the screenshots you want, hence the update has to show something more. Since that something more is ahead and beyond what is already included in the sim, it means newly coded stuff, which means waiting until it's ready and functional before a screenshot/video can be made to display it.

Unless you all want some C++ code to look at in the meantime :-P

Actually, I think most would just be happy with some tangible words from Luthier. Pictures/videos/audio clips are just extra niceities, but not necessary to satisfy the majority of the community. So much was clear during the end of the Friday-Updates. The pictures got a bit boring, and many were screaming for some actual info on the product. It goes to show that words can be extremely powerful, and the same is true here; a few carefully placed words from Luthier could alleviate a lot of tension within the community.

robtek
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I really don't think there is a tension in the community.

As there is only a small number in desperatly need of in between informations.

The majority will surface when "The Patch" arrives and dissect it.

The community is united in waiting for "The Patch".

furbs
08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
The community has no choice. most of us are not happy. as every poll has shown.

Ataros
08-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Rumors at sukhoi.ru say the devs are busy beta-testing new improved Heartbreaker model.
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138421&d=1312191830

albx
08-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Rumors at sukhoi.ru say the devs are busy beta-testing new improved Heartbreaker model.

lol :grin:

furbs
08-01-2011, 01:55 PM

You know, that could almost be true, sadly.

retrojet
08-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Guys! :rolleyes:

I started this thread with a little bit of hope and humor/ humour...

Don't get me wrong, group-hug stuff weirds me out... that's just me...
A good open-minded discussion is healthy, but starting personal attacks ( call it what you will ) is so unnecessary...
Life's too short as it is, and high blood pressure will make it even shorter! :sad:
Of course, what you do and say is none of my business... I'm just putting in a disclaimer in case any of you keel over in here! ;)

Enjoy today, because tomorrow may never come...
Smiley anyone? :mrgreen:

Blackdog_kt
08-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Thread cleaned-up. If you are looking for the missing posts, take a look at the new sticky here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25051

Back on topic:

Blackdog, in your very reasonable world, how long would you say it should take to present to the flight sim community the sim in a releasable state, if they had to get it out the door in the state it was.

this is a honest question, not side to it.

Realistically speaking and adding a bit of wiggle room to be on the safe side? I'd expect 90% working features along with a few new ones (or a few hidden ones being enabled) somewhere around the end of autumn and up to the Xmas holiday season.

Then it will probably take another 3-6 months while the new users get to grips with things, before we see a healthy amount of player created content (campaigns,servers, online war software, etc).

Blackdog_kt
08-02-2011, 03:00 AM
Aaaaand, cleaned up again.

I can do this all day long guys. Keep it civil, don't try to stir the post and don't provoke/attack/insert jabs against/try to get a reaction at any cost out of your fellow community members.

Like i said, i'm not keen on banning people, hence the arguments sticky so you can all have a go at each other there ;-)

retrojet
08-02-2011, 04:05 AM
You know, I started this thread, BlackDog_kt...
Wouldn't it be easier to just lock it down and forget it?

I'm not sure how forums work completely, but it certainly doesn't warrant you chasing around, trying to keep everyone honest and fair?

Sometimes censorship is a necessary evil...
Good luck!

hiro
08-02-2011, 05:30 AM
stress can be a bad thing . . .

but I supposed there is a way out of it. take breaks, do fun things you like doing, do what you can and if you can't do anymore, swallow your pride and stop being a super hero for a day and let things go while you chill, relax, and recharge.

the game is being improved and even though Oleg's out of the picture (I feel its just out and he'll come back), it isn't enough to satisfy.

Even if we got daily updates people would get pissed. How many rose up to arms for the sound mod. Well you got what you want. But there's a price to be paid.

No sound fix for MP and great sound later.

whats going to be really funny is how people are modding the game like mad, and they come up with some really cool stuff.

But then as the game is patched, the all too cool mods break because the code is changing.

Then patience really becomes a virtue as people rage against "weaksauce mods" that "remember when CLoD came out first!!" or "breaks the game"

but the game sans mods works! And people forget what it took to take to the greatness (stock or vanilla) is.

Yeah the game is broken, but at the same token, they are taking steps to make it work.

Anycase if Luthier and team (and Oleg) somehow catch wind of these postings. I hope they find strength in the few good pilots here that are hoping and toasting for another wonderful 15 years of great warbird simming.

retrojet
08-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Anycase if Luthier and team (and Oleg) somehow catch wind of these postings. I hope they find strength in the few good pilots here that are hoping and toasting for another wonderful 15 years of great warbird simming.

I'll drink to that!
Cheers, hiro!
:grin:

furbs
08-02-2011, 06:19 AM
hiro, that is all well and good. but what we need is some real proof of progress, so far IMO the patches have been 2 tiny steps forward and one step back(sometimes 3 back as with the sound)

This next patch, when ever it comes is very important, it should show what the devs are all about.

The new sound(if it is new, and not old redone as im thinking) along with what else they have been doing will show if they have a handle on the code and are capable of real progress or just putting on plasters.

Its up to them now, they are not talking to us, nothing we can do now, we have paid our money, done their beta(some say alpha) testing for them, done the bug reports, bug threads done.

Now we wait.

Proof is in the pudding.