PDA

View Full Version : 50% OFF for uk

garengarch
07-29-2011, 04:07 PM
http://www.getgamesgo.com/Product/il-2-strumovik-cliffs-of-dover

Just a heads up for anyone sitting on the fence.

Ze-Jamz
07-29-2011, 04:45 PM
wtf..

Dano
07-29-2011, 04:57 PM
wtf..

What's not to understand? It's been out in the UK for a good few months now, nothing at all unusual about it getting a sale price.

Tree_UK
07-29-2011, 05:07 PM
In the crap rack so quicky, i guess the reviews didn't help and the lack of support. :(

VO101_Tom
07-29-2011, 05:27 PM
The market prices the product after the publisher. I know, its a small market compared to English, but the same one happened to a month before in Hungary. One of the largest Game trading does not sell it already...

JG52Uther
07-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I paid £23.96 in a D2D sale.I'm surprised they still want £17.99 for it.

Blackdog_kt
07-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Guys, this is just a heads up for people who are on the fence or don't want to pay full price but might be enticed by a lowered one.

It's intended to help people who are ambivalent about a purchase, not drag their spirits down, so there's no need to rehash the same old arguments here. How about we let them make up their own mind? ;-)

Trumper
07-29-2011, 07:49 PM
May work for me.If it is still that price when i come back from Hols i may think about it.
I have been reluctant to purchase it until it runs better as i will need to spend quite a bit of money on my computer specs to get any benefit from the modern modelling/performance.
I do wonder whether they will go down the ROF route,free or cheap d/l but you pay for extras ,i e Dynamic campaigns,weather,realistic sounds,add ons and opening up to a more encompassing air/ground first person shooter sim.
Seems horrible it has stuck in the mud already.

albx
07-29-2011, 08:20 PM
I have been reluctant to purchase it until it runs better....

runs better? at this stage I don't think they can improve something to make it run better, maybe only bug fixing....

Dano
07-29-2011, 08:27 PM
runs better? at this stage I don't think they can improve something to make it run better, maybe only bug fixing....

Wrong, Luthier has stated that more performance improvements will come, just that they will not be quick.

IIRC he mentioned more multicore improvements and DX11 at some point, both of which will improve performance.

Redroach
07-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Good, now that means it's starting to hurt for 1C. Not at all undeserved, given their attitude.

David Hayward
07-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Yeah, great news!! I'm sure the game will get fixed faster if they have less money!

Redroach
07-29-2011, 11:21 PM
this train has departed a long time ago.

David Hayward
07-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Not sure what you are talking about, but I am real excited that the devs will have less money to fix this game.

Blackdog_kt
07-30-2011, 01:21 AM
May work for me.If it is still that price when i come back from Hols i may think about it.
I have been reluctant to purchase it until it runs better as i will need to spend quite a bit of money on my computer specs to get any benefit from the modern modelling/performance.
I do wonder whether they will go down the ROF route,free or cheap d/l but you pay for extras ,i e Dynamic campaigns,weather,realistic sounds,add ons and opening up to a more encompassing air/ground first person shooter sim.
Seems horrible it has stuck in the mud already.

Don't know how it will turn out, but in a simHQ interview they did back around the time RoF was released they were asked about this and they thought the business model is not good for a flight sim: it generates good funds for further development, but the developer is "locked" into modeling extra flyables to generate the revenue to the exclusion of everything else.

A complete expansion lets them "sell" other stuff along with it, like new ground units and FMB objects, which is needed to give the player enough tools to recreate the relevant scenarios in more detail.

Again, i don't know if they changed their minds, but the original plan was to stick to the IL2 way, full-fledged expansions every few years with a few freebies thrown in from time to time instead of micro-DLC transactions for single items.

P.S. Can we all just play nice for a while and not rehash the same old arguments here? ;-)

Troll2k
07-30-2011, 05:00 AM
Also here: http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsid=2059

In the past North America has been able to get the d/l from just flight.

albx
07-30-2011, 05:52 AM
Wrong, Luthier has stated that more performance improvements will come, just that they will not be quick.

IIRC he mentioned more multicore improvements and DX11 at some point, both of which will improve performance.

I HOPE to be wrong, but the reality is just this... no news, no patch, nothing at all.... this game is on the right way to be classified as "abandonware" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

Dano
07-30-2011, 08:04 AM
I HOPE to be wrong, but the reality is just this... no news, no patch, nothing at all.... this game is on the right way to be classified as "abandonware" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

No, that's another discussion entirely, you stated that they could not make further performance improvements, which is factually incorrect.

The reason we have no news is because whatever Luthier posts gets torn to shreds, I'd shut the hell up too, most people wouldn't have lasted as long as Luthier did before clamming up either.

Thank the pessimistic hordes for your lack of info.

Abandonware, lmao.

Ze-Jamz
07-30-2011, 08:16 AM
What's not to understand? It's been out in the UK for a good few months now, nothing at all unusual about it getting a sale price.

Oh I believe it, my reaction was more towards the money side of things towards development etc. I just hope it keeps getting worked on, I would pay for DLC but as already stated that would be geared towards extra flyable content as opposed to an overall package.

I just hope they go the expansion route and have some solid anti piracy in place which would help towards the future of this release and games like it

albx
07-30-2011, 08:26 AM
No, that's another discussion entirely, you stated that they could not make further performance improvements, which is factually incorrect.

The reason we have no news is because whatever Luthier posts gets torn to shreds, I'd shut the hell up too, most people wouldn't have lasted as long as Luthier did before clamming up either.

Abandonware, lmao.

what is incorrect? have they proved something that the performance can be improved? It doesn't seem like that, about lack of informations seems you are well informed as I see. Tell us how the fixing are going please...:rolleyes:

Dano
07-30-2011, 08:34 AM
what is incorrect?

Your statement that further performance improvements cannot happen.

have they proved something that the performance can be improved?

Proved? No, Luthier stated several avenues as I already mentioned.

It doesn't seem like that, about lack of informations seems you are well informed as I see. Tell us how the fixing are going please...:rolleyes:

Yes, because I can read what Luthier wrote that means I have insider knowledge :rolleyes:

6S.Manu
07-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Another example of VERY bad managing.

Many preordered the game for 50€ and received nothing but an alpha: usually preordering a game give you advantages since you're supporting the product (something like gaining a discount on the next expansion... but there are many examples).

Instead now the new buyers get a more stable game for half the price. To add insult to injury.

Thanks!

1C/MG seem managed by Italian politicians... (and that's bad, really bad)

albx
07-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Your statement that further performance improvements cannot happen.

Proved? No, Luthier stated several avenues as I already mentioned.

Yes, because I can read what Luthier wrote that means I have insider knowledge :rolleyes:

the only thing that luthier proved all those weeks are the jokes he makes with us, if you still believe for further improvements I'm happy for you, but as i told you, I hope that you are right and I'm wrong... is this clear or do you need me to explain it better? so, only the time will tell... (weeks? months? years? before we have a working title like they sold to us?)

furbs
07-30-2011, 09:04 AM

Dano, any chance you can post where Luthier has said that?

Because to my knowledge you just made that up.

Tree_UK
07-30-2011, 09:07 AM
I hope that the next patch if there is one will at least fix just one area of the game, be it single player or multiplayer, this will at least give the game some credence. Multiplayer is just so frustrating, what with airborne ships that you can see through the terrain and clouds, the sound issues and no coop etc.
On top of that we have hundreds of bug annoyances and graphical glitches that all need to be addressed, it really is a mammoth task. You can clearly understand why the game as been dropped to half price just four months after release, we really need to hear something from luthier to get people talking about this game in a positive manner, If he cant see that then it is game over.

Dano
07-30-2011, 10:27 AM
the only thing that luthier proved all those weeks are the jokes he makes with us, if you still believe for further improvements I'm happy for you, but as i told you, I hope that you are right and I'm wrong... is this clear or do you need me to explain it better? so, only the time will tell... (weeks? months? years? before we have a working title like they sold to us?)

No, you are the one that is misunderstanding, improvements are possible, that does not mean we will get them, you said that they were not, which is as I pointed out, factually incorrect.

Dano, any chance you can post where Luthier has said that?

Because to my knowledge you just made that up.

It's called an opinion Furbs, just like 99% of everything else posted on these forums.

albx
07-30-2011, 10:32 AM
No, you are the one that is misunderstanding, improvements are possible, that does not mean we will get them, you said that they were not, which is as I pointed out, factually incorrect.

It's called an opinion Furbs, just like 99% of everything else posted on these forums.

Why if I tell improvements are impossible I'm wrong and if YOU say that are possible then you are right? What is the difference between you and me? As I said many times, I LOVE THIS GAME AND I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT AND I'M WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! ah.. please prove me that further improvements are possible or is just a your opinion like mine?

furbs
07-30-2011, 10:34 AM

Cool dano, that's what i thought.

Dano
07-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Why if I tell improvements are impossible I'm wrong and if YOU say that are possible then you are right? What is the difference between you and me? As I said many times, I LOVE THIS GAME AND I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT AND I'M WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

albx, is english your first language?

Edit, looking at your location I guess not.

We're having a language barrier issue here mate, sorry.

Improbable is the word you are looking for, that gives some wiggle room unlike impossible which is a definite no :)

albx
07-30-2011, 10:39 AM

as you can see no, why? you have problems to understand me? :rolleyes:

albx
07-30-2011, 11:11 AM

Edit, looking at your location I guess not.

We're having a language barrier issue here mate, sorry.

Improbable is the word you are looking for, that gives some wiggle room unlike impossible which is a definite no :)

hhmm... language barrier? I don't think so...

Improbable if you are optimistic, impossible if you are pessimistic, can I be pessimistic or I'm not allowed?

Tree_UK
07-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Guys we are going round in circles, It really does not matter anymore what Luthier has said, he may well have said that there are more performance tweaks but equally he has said many things that have been plain wrong or never materialised, the bottom line now is that the success or failure of this sim is down to the Dev's, we have done all we can this end, we have purchased the game and reported all the bugs, the word across all forums is that there is nothing positive to say at this moment in time, communication or updates as fizzeled out and confidence in getting this sim fixed is at an all time low. Luthier could fix this tomorrow if he had a mind too, the ball is in his court, some of us will wait and see but as every week goes by more are drifting off. I think its a terrible shame.

Dano
07-30-2011, 11:15 AM
hhmm... language barrier? I don't think so...

Improbable if you are optimistic, impossible if you are pessimistic, can I be pessimistic or I'm not allowed?

im·pos·si·ble/imˈpäsəbəl/Adjective
1. Not able to occur, exist, or be done: "an impossible task"; "impossible to keep up".

albx
07-30-2011, 11:30 AM
im·pos·si·ble/imˈpäsəbəl/Adjective
1. Not able to occur, exist, or be done: "an impossible task"; "impossible to keep up".

:rolleyes: exactly what i mean, and I hope to be wrong... and Dano, I'll be the first to be happy and admit that I was wrong if/when the game will have a new improvement about performance :grin:

albx
07-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Guys we are going round in circles, It really does not matter anymore what Luthier has said, he may well have said that there are more performance tweaks but equally he has said many things that have been plain wrong or never materialised, the bottom line now is that the success or failure of this sim is down to the Dev's, we have done all we can this end, we have purchased the game and reported all the bugs, the word across all forums is that there is nothing positive to say at this moment in time, communication or updates as fizzeled out and confidence in getting this sim fixed is at an all time low. Luthier could fix this tomorrow if he had a mind too, the ball is in his court, some of us will wait and see but as every week goes by more are drifting off. I think its a terrible shame.

I agree, we here are fighting each other for no reason...

Dano
07-30-2011, 11:40 AM
:rolleyes: exactly what i mean, and I hope to be wrong... and Dano, I'll be the first to be happy and admit that I was wrong if/when the game will have a new improvement about performance :grin:

:rolleyes: Then don't state that it is not possible :rolleyes:

Blackdog_kt
07-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Fun fact:

I have all the IL2 releases since the very first one in 2001 (except the pe-2 and manchuria add-ons which i got in 1946 because i didn't want the boontybox download manager) and i bought all of them from local retail stores.

It took only two months for the price of each and every one of them to drop about 35%. Being a student at the time with not much cash to spend i quickly learned the trick and after pacific fighters i did just that: waited for 45-60 days before getting the new expansion and paying less.

In other words, let's untwist our panties gentlemen, it's happened before and it didn't kill the series.

Also, please keep it on topic (letting people who are ambivalent know of a cheaper purchase) instead of speculative (why has the price dropped, whose fault it is and what it might mean) and don't drag every single thread towards the same direction.

This is getting mighty tiresome, makes the forum unreadable for many people and i've talked with Nearmiss about a way to correct it which he agreed to. I just don't want to start taking moderator action within the first couple of days and give off the wrong impression, but if the same subject dominates all other discussions, then that subject will get contained to a single place.

I'm not here to ban people or tell them what to think and say, i just want everyone to be able to do it in equal measure instead of having one group dominating all discussions and suffocating the rest ;-)

albx
07-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Fun fact:

I have all the IL2 releases since the very first one in 2001 (except the pe-2 and manchuria add-ons which i got in 1946 because i didn't want the boontybox download manager) and i bought all of them from local retail stores.

It took only two months for the price of each and every one of them to drop about 35%. Being a student at the time with not much cash to spend i quickly learned the trick and after pacific fighters i did just that: waited for 45-60 days before getting the new expansion and paying less.

In other words, let's untwist our panties gentlemen, it's happened before and it didn't kill the series.

Also, please keep it on topic (letting people who are ambivalent know of a cheaper purchase) instead of speculative (why has the price dropped, whose fault it is and what it might mean) and don't drag every single thread towards the same direction.

This is getting mighty tiresome, makes the forum unreadable for many people and i've talked with Nearmiss about a way to correct it which he agreed to. I just don't want to start taking moderator action within the first couple of days and give off the wrong impression, but if the same subject dominates all other discussions, then that subject will get contained to a single place.

I'm not here to ban people or tell them what to think and say, i just want everyone to be able to do it in equal measure instead of having one group dominating all discussions and suffocating the rest ;-)

yes, sorry Blackdog for the offtopic... ;) and Dano, I'll offer you a beer when further improvements will happen, and I'll be more than happy to pay it, believe me ;)

Tree_UK
07-30-2011, 12:50 PM
I sense my day are numbered. :grin:

Anyway back on topic, yeah a great price, half what i paid.

David Hayward
07-30-2011, 10:23 PM
confidence in getting this sim fixed is at an all time low.

When was your confidence in this game at a high point?

Tree_UK
07-31-2011, 02:33 AM
When was your confidence in this game at a high point?

The Mystic puma video shot in Birmingham in 2007, its been all down hill and BS since then.

David Hayward
07-31-2011, 02:57 AM
The Mystic puma video shot in Birmingham in 2007, its been all down hill and BS since then.

Do you have a link to your comments on that thread? The mods should sticky it.

Amazing that you've been able to stay so upbeat since then.

Blackdog_kt
07-31-2011, 04:58 AM
I sense my day are numbered. :grin:

Anyway back on topic, yeah a great price, half what i paid.

Not really, i'm not here to ban people i might be flying with and on voice-comms at some point in the near future. I've got a better idea if it comes to that ;-)

furbs
07-31-2011, 06:19 AM
A mod with a sense of humor who doesn't ban members at the drop of a hat for telling the truth? A rare bird around here. :)