PDA

View Full Version : using custom skins online

spiritdmp
07-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey guys,

I was on the SV Aero Quake server last night and noticed a few planes with unusual skins (white spits, invasion stripes, kill markings etc). Really impressed!

My question is: is it cool to use skins online, or would I be risking a Steam ban for doing it?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already..

Ataros
07-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Please do not use custom skins on Repka servers at least. They produce freezes for others.

Some crazy players even use 15MB .bmp skins :mad:

spiritdmp
07-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Please do not use custom skins on Repka servers at least. They produce freezes for others.

Some crazy players even use 15MB .bmp skins :mad:

Ouch!
Are there settings on the server to allow / disable custom skins, or to set a max size? If they're causing probs for others then I wont use them.

Ataros
07-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Server side settings are not known yet. Looking forward to it.

Jaws2002
07-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Hey guys,

I was on the SV Aero Quake server last night and noticed a few planes with unusual skins (white spits, invasion stripes, kill markings etc). Really impressed!

My question is: is it cool to use skins online, or would I be risking a Steam ban for doing it?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already..

Skins are cool online. Just make sure you use skins that are not too big. The example with 15mb .BMP skin is a perfect example of the wrong way of doing it.
Make sure your skin is not bigger than 1mb and you should be fine.

I like to recognize players by the skin.:)

Jugdriver
07-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Skins are cool online. Just make sure you use skins that are not too big. The example with 15mb .BMP skin is a perfect example of the wrong way of doing it.
Make sure your skin is not bigger than 1mb and you should be fine.

I like to recognize players by the skin.:)

Skins on a DF server are a pain in the butt, they constantly create stutters and lag while they load. There should be a way to turn skin DL off.

JD
AKA_MattE