PDA

View Full Version : Enemy strength

DeepSoul
07-27-2011, 12:42 PM
I would like to tweak enemy strength on hard difficulty a bit. Maybe even gold. How can I do that?

Sir Whiskers
07-27-2011, 09:32 PM
I would like to tweak enemy strength on hard difficulty a bit. Maybe even gold. How can I do that?

You can tweak the logic.txt file. The file controls gold, xp, and several other things, based on the difficulty setting you select. Not sure if this file allows you to change the strength of enemy troops, but you should take a look.

DeepSoul
07-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks I found it but I don't think you can edit experience because the value "exp" equals enemy strength as I understood it by comparing to the values in-game. It's "0.5|1.0|1.3|1.7" by default. But there is a value called alead that someone in another thread said is enemy leadership and it's slightly higher than exp. Do you know anything about that?

infernal1800
07-28-2011, 03:52 AM
Thanks I found it but I don't think you can edit experience because the value "exp" equals enemy strength as I understood it by comparing to the values in-game. It's "0.5|1.0|1.3|1.7" by default. But there is a value called alead that someone in another thread said is enemy leadership and it's slightly higher than exp. Do you know anything about that?

In my opinion, "0.5|1.0|1.3|1.7" is amount of exp that you can earn after the battle such as in easy you can earn 50% more exp (150%); normal exp (100%) in normal diff and 30% in impossible. About strength of enemy, i remember that we have a value name "lead" or somethings like that which determines the difficult of the game ( the same percent as you choose when create a new game) You can also change the strength of bosses.

DeepSoul
07-28-2011, 01:28 PM
What you say seems logical but how come enemy strength is 50%/100%/130%/170% on the different difficulties? If you look at the alead string it's "alead=0.7|1.1|1.5|2.0" and that seems to have nothing in common with enemy strength. How do you interpret those figures?

There is also a value called manarage. Is that how much mana you get when hitting undead with holy avenger?

infernal1800
07-31-2011, 03:43 AM
What you say seems logical but how come enemy strength is 50%/100%/130%/170% on the different difficulties? If you look at the alead string it's "alead=0.7|1.1|1.5|2.0" and that seems to have nothing in common with enemy strength. How do you interpret those figures?

There is also a value called manarage. Is that how much mana you get when hitting undead with holy avenger?

Glad to see there is some people still playing this game :)

-Yes, alead value does affect the enemy strength, you can raise the value to 1.0|1.5|2.0|3.0 and enemy strength in impossible difficulty will be 300%. I tested it and it works :)

-I think manarage is the recover speed of mana when you are not in the battlefield, I mean in the map. But it can be the flow rate when hitting the undead/demon with holy anger as you said. Feel free to raise it and test it :)

DeepSoul
07-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Glad to see there is some people still playing this game :)

-Yes, alead value does affect the enemy strength, you can raise the value to 1.0|1.5|2.0|3.0 and enemy strength in impossible difficulty will be 300%. I tested it and it works :)

-I think manarage is the recover speed of mana when you are not in the battlefield, I mean in the map. But it can be the flow rate when hitting the undead/demon with holy anger as you said. Feel free to raise it and test it :)

I did some testing and can confirm it's not the rate of mana recovery. I put it to 20 and I still get 2 mana every 5 sec or so.

infernal1800
07-31-2011, 02:51 PM
So, It has to be mana flow when hitting undead/demon with holy anger :) Did you find out that the game are very easy even on impossible?

DeepSoul
08-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Come on. It's not easy on impossible. I play Adventure mod on hard and that almost equals the standard games' impossible level but I think it's been okay so far. Can still do most fights with no losses but I take a few risks with my Marauders to get some extra gold. :) The enemy heroes are the only real problem, with their constant attack spells that you can't predict and I play Warrior, not a Paladin. I used to play on easy but got bored with the lack of challenge. It's like walking in the park a sunny afternoon.

I dread fighting any of the later bosses. There is no way you can get away without big losses.

infernal1800
08-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Come on. It's not easy on impossible. I play Adventure mod on hard and that almost equals the standard games' impossible level but I think it's been okay so far. Can still do most fights with no losses but I take a few risks with my Marauders to get some extra gold. :) The enemy heroes are the only real problem, with their constant attack spells that you can't predict and I play Warrior, not a Paladin. I used to play on easy but got bored with the lack of challenge. It's like walking in the park a sunny afternoon.

I dread fighting any of the later bosses. There is no way you can get away without big losses.

Yes, I know the difficulty is changed in Adventure mod and it's harder but whenever you achieve the level 3 Grand Strategy medal, feel free to let your troop die :) I havent tested the level 4 and 5 medal of Adventure mod. Did it work with you?

DeepSoul
08-01-2011, 04:45 PM
I don't know yet. The 3rd medal is the highest I've got so far but the requirement for the 4rth showed up below it. I recently started a new game so It will take some time to get that far. :)