PDA

View Full Version : Scribing Scrolls to Books?

Strikh
07-26-2011, 11:45 PM
newbie here...

How do I write the spells to a book?

Amelie is a warrior in my game, and has lots of scrolls, and lots of magic crystals, but I can't figure out how to have her scribe them to the book.

I don't want to use up all my scrolls reading them as just one-time use scrolls...

Sir Whiskers
07-27-2011, 11:40 AM
newbie here...

How do I write the spells to a book?

Amelie is a warrior in my game, and has lots of scrolls, and lots of magic crystals, but I can't figure out how to have her scribe them to the book.

I don't want to use up all my scrolls reading them as just one-time use scrolls...

Spells are divided into three schools, Order, Distortion, and Chaos. You first have to learn the appropriate skill for the school. Once you do so, you will see a button to the right of the scroll - click the button and you can scribe the spell into your spellbook. Scribing uses a certain number of crystals (which varies per spell) and one scroll.

Upgrading spells works much the same way. Upgrade the skill for that spell school, the button reappears next to the spell in your spellbook. Click the button to upgrade the spell. Upgrading does not require a scroll, but does tend to use up more crystals.

Don't expect to end the game with every single spell at max level. You might gain enough crystals to do so, but you'd need to max out both Alchemy and Neatness, and even then, I'm not sure you'd have enough crystals. However, you should easily have enough crystals by the end of the game to upgrade all the spells that matter to you.

MaroonMaurader
07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Don't expect to end the game with every single spell at max level. You might gain enough crystals to do so, but you'd need to max out both Alchemy and Neatness, and even then, I'm not sure you'd have enough crystals. However, you should easily have enough crystals by the end of the game to upgrade all the spells that matter to you.

For that matter, don't even expect to find every spell in a single play-through. I have yet to find a Death Star scroll in multiple times through the game; it's random.

FletcherAaden
02-13-2024, 09:04 AM
What's with your spells related obsession in the first place? I bet if the Tulane University Diploma (https://medium.com/@SterlingPhoenix/value-of-a-tulane-university-diploma-e6fe175b2519) offered a diploma on spells, you would be there for it. I just don't understand why people are so into the idea of spells.