PDA

View Full Version : Saving in the editor sometimes have no effect

gimpz
07-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I made several changes in the editor to a mod I'm playing with. I saved in every possible way I could find...save session and save, but I don't know the difference between them. No matter how many times I did it, I couldn't get the changes I made to the troop count in Bolo to have any effect. What's the correct way to save your changes and why doesn't it work sometimes?

infernal1800
07-20-2011, 09:21 AM
I made several changes in the editor to a mod I'm playing with. I saved in every possible way I could find...save session and save, but I don't know the difference between them. No matter how many times I did it, I couldn't get the changes I made to the troop count in Bolo to have any effect. What's the correct way to save your changes and why doesn't it work sometimes?

This is weird. Could you try save your progress by right mouse click on your island's name below the main menu and then choose save. Hope this will help :)

gimpz
07-20-2011, 01:56 PM
No that doesn't help. For some reason I can't edit Bolo and Debir.

DeepSoul
07-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I found the problem. I used a mod that had a different location for it's files and for some reason it only saved some of the islands in the right folder. I had to move the other files manually for the changes to have any effect.

infernal1800
07-31-2011, 05:09 AM
I found the problem. I used a mod that had a different location for it's files and for some reason it only saved some of the islands in the right folder. I had to move the other files manually for the changes to have any effect.

Yes, all islands have to be put in the right folder. Can you tell me which mod you are using and what aspect of the game you are planning to edit (new island, new unit, new skill/talent etc)

I'm glad that there are some people still working with those text file or even the editor. I'm now creating a big mod that has many new things (new islands, caves, dungeons; new monsters, quest etc) I want to share it with the public but the number of people still playing this game is become lesser and lesser :(

DeepSoul
07-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Yes, all islands have to be put in the right folder. Can you tell me which mod you are using and what aspect of the game you are planning to edit (new island, new unit, new skill/talent etc)

I'm glad that there are some people still working with those text file or even the editor. I'm now creating a big mod that has many new things (new islands, caves, dungeons; new monsters, quest etc) I want to share it with the public but the number of people still playing this game is become lesser and lesser :(

I know and it's really sad because it's a great game. It looks like it's days of glory are over. :(

I'm playing "adventure mod" that can be found here on the forum but I didn't do any big changes. Just a few adjustments to what units you can by in some places. It's nice that you are making a mod like that. Will be interested to see how it turns out. :)

infernal1800
07-31-2011, 04:07 PM
I know and it's really sad because it's a great game. It looks like it's days of glory are over. :(

I'm playing "adventure mod" that can be found here on the forum but I didn't do any big changes. Just a few adjustments to what units you can by in some places. It's nice that you are making a mod like that. Will be interested to see how it turns out. :)

I just hope that when I finish it, there are some people willing to play it and help me test it (bugs/crashes etc) You know, I change most of the game and create many things new, so bugs and crashes is unavoidable :(

Adventure is the most interesting mod so far and my mod also uses a part of feature from it. I like the idea that our princess has her own castle and the mod provide us a few new unit which just great. It seemed that nobody can use editor effectively because it often cause crashes. Do you feel annoying when using the editor?

sr for my bad english :|

Shadaoe
07-31-2011, 11:56 PM
I actually tried to create a whole new world, but every times I tried, I just couldn't launch my session in the game, it crashed or launched the original game every time (even when choosing stand alone in the editor ...). Editor which crash a lot unfortunately ...
Too bad, great things could've been made with a better editor !

infernal1800
08-01-2011, 08:26 AM
I actually tried to create a whole new world, but every times I tried, I just couldn't launch my session in the game, it crashed or launched the original game every time (even when choosing stand alone in the editor ...). Editor which crash a lot unfortunately ...
Too bad, great things could've been made with a better editor !

It's weird, I dont have any trouble with creating and launching the new session. You can download the "adventure" mod which is found in this forum and can start editing the session. Which version do you use?

Shadaoe
08-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I'll try to edit the session, thanks !

I use the steam version of the editor, maybe it's not updated ? I don't know. Oh and in the steam version portrait files are missing and other things too in the sourcemedia, so maybe it's an earlier version of the editor...

infernal1800
08-01-2011, 12:12 PM
I dont know about steam version but i use the editor that is found in folder of the game. Did you finish editing your campaign? you can share it with the public so we can help you out :)

Shadaoe
08-06-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't know, I have to redo everything I did so I'll see :p
But if I come to something playable, I'll of course share it !