PDA

View Full Version : Steam release less than an hour away.

Bobb4
07-19-2011, 04:59 PM
It is still one hour till steam release, obviously everyone updatng the game will end up with our version until the steam release. (good reason to buy from steam.) But the fact that Goud (simhq) fundi and an aquantance of of Luthier is as confused about patch release does not bode well...
I am holding my thumbs that the steam version wil have the update :rolleyes:

BigPickle
07-19-2011, 05:01 PM
So we who all have the game in Europe already will get a patch update in 1 hour is what you think?

Steam itself is updating now, so it could be possible its the 'get ready' for the CoD update

Bobb4
07-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Sadly steam just released the game. If you are not getting that steam patching icon by now then I was wrong:(

Bobb4
07-19-2011, 05:04 PM
So we who all have the game in Europe already will get a patch update in 1 hour is what you think?

Steam itself is updating now, so it could be possible its the 'get ready' for the CoD update

Please tell me that it is a patch?
I am at work???????

David198502
07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
not for me

Ze-Jamz
07-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Please tell me that it is a patch?
I am at work???????

No sorry mate..i just checked..no update

Kankkis
07-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Believe me, there is no patch today. No one word yet at upcoming patch. So no patch, i'm sure of it.

Bobb4
07-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Sight, guess I will stroll over to Tree's thread and petition away then lol

BigPickle
07-19-2011, 05:10 PM
yeah it was just a plaform update sadly. NO Patch.

JG1_Wanderfalke
07-19-2011, 08:29 PM
there will be no patch today

Tree_UK
07-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Sight, guess I will stroll over to Tree's thread and petition away then lol

Too late bud, its been taken down, 8 pages of people agreeing apart from these two;

Carguy and David Hayward, Says it all really.

But a big well done for all the other guys that posted, im sure we got the message across, and it must of hurt otherwise they would of left it up. :grin:

JG52Krupi
07-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Too late bud, its been taken down, 8 pages of people agreeing apart from these two;

Carguy and David Hayward, Says it all really.

But a big well done for all the other guys that posted, im sure we got the message across, and it must of hurt otherwise they would of left it up. :grin:

Hi Tree could you just give me an overview of the problems you are having with this game!

We might be able to help.

Feuerfalke
07-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Hi Tree could you just give me an overview of the problems you are having with this game!

LoL :cool:

Now that was a great joke. I'll consider packing this in my signature.

Tree_UK
07-19-2011, 09:03 PM

No problem Krupi,

Plain errors:
1. Sound disappears in MP, probably linked with AIs spawning
2. Flight Model of fighters: ceiling, max speed, turn radius have to be heavily revised
3. Even with unlimited buildings, they spawn suddenly, sometimes at short distance
4. Shadows are flickering (trees, clouds)
5. AI is behaving crazily (offline mainly)
6. Crossfire
7. ................

Improvements:
A. Engine sounds
B. Gun sounds
C. ................

Cheers,
Insuber

EDIT 04/06/2011 16:35GMT

Bugs sorted out by frequency, with bugparade-like trends (hot bugs ) [N=New Entry in the chart]

17 - ▲ Sound bug in MP
8 - ▬ Radio Communication with AI
8 - ▲ FM (top speed, ceiling, turn radius)
7 - ▲ AI behavior
5 - ▬ SLI / Crossfire support
4 - ▬ Propeller pitch change speed too slow in 109
4 - ▬ Flickering tree and cloud shadows
4 - ▲ Graphic glitches 1 (stripes of land in water, water in land etc)
3 - ▬ Ceiling capability of all aircraft is too low
3 - ▬ FSAA support
3 - ▬ Buildings appear suddenly and show a shade of brown before
3 - ▬ that you can change crew postions ONLINE without the engine temperatures are set to ZERO*
2 - ▬ Stuttering
2 - ▬ CEM fixes
2 - ▬ Graphic glitches 2 (grass pokes through your wing, propellers disappear behind clouds)
2 - ▬ Graphic glitches 3 (vehicles behind a/c creates a line of white dots in front of a/c)
2 - ▬ Sort out the 5/6 oclock click location to select a base (BUG) on MP map
2 - ▬ Graphic glitches 4 (blue lnes on the horizon)
2 - N The mirror is not working correctly. Even at high altitude it shows the water as if close. One does not see the antenna of the spit. Nor the vertical stabilizer
2 - N Disappearing "dots" in MP needs to be addressed
1 - ▬ Lack of external sounds in tracks
1 - ▬ Flickering clouds
1 - ▬ Dot visibility through clouds e.g. Ships
1 - ▬ Replay Track system
1 - ▬ Mixture command lean/rich inconsistent among different a/c
1 - ▬ General stability of the program
1 - ▬ Config of the plane (skin, ammo, etc) is not saved from preflight config screen both in QMB and in MP
1 - ▬ Frequently game crashes both offline and online in Win XP 32bit
1 - ▬ MAJOR review of game objectecs loading distances, houses from 2 to about 10 km at least.
1 - ▬ Spit1a FM correct Boost pressure and performance issue
1 - ▬ Make the Whole Loadout/plane this and that GUI user FRIENDLY and work
1 - ▬ Fix Bf109-3B bomb dropping & exploding bug
1 - ▬ Aerodynamics parameters of aircrafts, mainly the underpowered types like the Spitfire Mk I
1 - ▬ working Gyro compass in the Ju88
1 - ▬ Missing releaod animation for Ju88, He111 and Blenheim guns. Ju87 and Bf110 have them as example
1 - ▬ Missing moveable rear gunmounts in Ju88
1 - ▬ Remove supercharger controlbar of He111P. Its DB601 has a automatic, hydraulic geared, variable supercharger.
1 - ▬ Ju88A-1 should have automatic shifting superchargers
1 - ▬ check if the Ju87 default supercharger setting is REALY on automatic and that you can only switch between automatic and 'forced' low blower (Bodenlader).
1 - ▬ remove mixture control bar in Bf109
1 - ▬ Set default rudder trim of Blenheim to neutral
1 - ▬ Check aiming point of the FIAT G.50 gunsight
1 - ▬ Fix the fuel cock in the Fiat G50
1 - ▬ occasional freeze when starting up and leaving the plane to idle for 10+ minutes (AFK) ctrl-alt-del let's me terminate launcher.exe
1 - ▬ While I think of it, port/starboard and landing lights dont work
1 - ▬ Dedicated server looses connection with steam every 1-2 hours that surprisingly causes all players to disconnect from a server somehow.
1 - ▬ Bf110 weird "rodeo" behaviour over 400km/h.
1 - ▬ AA poor or not working
1 - ▬ training missions - the two last training missions don't load, and subsequently freeze the game
1 - N Gunner should be easier to handle. Reacts very slowly on mouse movement
1 - N Markings on aircraft disappearing when more than 100yrds away.
1 - N There's no animation on trimwheels in cockpit when trimming in the Spits like there is in the Hurries.
1 - N Online player bombs vs. ships are a bit bugged, i.e. ships do not sink. Bots (=AI) sink ships fine.
1 - N Skins not showing in tracks.
1 - N Fix the poor decapitated AA gunner in the black death track.
1 - N Gear up flaps down sound in bf109.
1 - N When you kill a pilot the stick remains in the last position he holded it last which keeps the plane longer in the air with a death pilot than it should
1 - N Radiator is closed by default in single missions where u start midair

Improvements sorted out by frequency

6 - Improve sounds of engines and guns
3 - Communication to community
3 - Bf109 E4 with Minengeschoss
3 - While pressing shift-F1 to enter "gun-sight mode" PLEASE remove the restriction of the HEAD movement (for the red planes this is no problem, for the Bf109 pilots it is a real nuisance)
2 - Introduce mode for 3renders (three monitor view)
2 - Simplified FMB or at least a proper documentation for it !
2 - Over-modelled CEM- it is unnecessarily complex to have the display of changing settings such as radiators etc act differently in each plane. For example swapping from 109's to Spits, in the interests of keeping multiplayer evenly balanced, is discouraged by the current situation.
2 - That the arming screen is fully and working integrated in the whole game
2 - Sounds effects when flak hits your a/c
2 - Please provide us with skin templates for the aircraft which contain the 3D model overlaid to show the exact mapping? It would immensely help skinning.
2 - The speed of the wave animation needs to be slowed down, it seems much too fast.
1 - Rationalise CEM control mouvements: give all planes at least the Same logic in handling gamecontrols=CEM output
1 - The bloke sitting next to you in the Ju88 looks like something out of Resident Evil. Is he already dead when you take off?*
1 - 100 octane fuel for Spitfires/Hurricanes
1 - I would like to drop bombs from the bomber position while looking in the bombsight
1 - The campagnes are more than boring and full of missing things and bugs
1 - Morecode tweaking so I can turn on shadows and still have high fps
1 - Consider to ad a realism setting "prewarmed engines"
1 - Add degree numbers on the Bf109 default Template for flapsetting
1 - We need Symbols for grounded friendly planes on full real server. At the moment we must search a invisible Plane, to fly together a bomber
1 - Level stabilizer missing, makes level bombing quite impossible
1 - Changing detonators for bombs in MP. What is the right procedure here? Going to Plane -> Loadout and changing the settings seems to make no difference in game.
1 - Add mineshells to the MG-FF/M of the Bf110C-4 & -7, or actually arm them with MG-FF/M
1 - Dynamic campaign; with pilot squad, rank, log book, medals (the old IL-2 style)
1 - We need a destruction tool for the FMB, like in the old Il-2
1 - This ugly "Tie Fighter" laser firing guns
1 - Add Spit I Rotol
1 - Simplify Commands to AI (too many clicks to get anywhere).
1 - Give us a manual for FMB scripting or at least a list of useable script functions/objects/etc.
1 - The ability to land and rearm/gas up take off again would be nice.
1 - Gunners as gunners at the german bombers and not as passengers for a ride over Britain

furbs
07-19-2011, 09:05 PM
:grin: Now that would make a good sig tree!

JG52Krupi
07-19-2011, 09:06 PM
LoL :cool:

Now that was a great joke. I'll consider packing this in my signature.

:D thanks, I thought someone might appreciate it unfortunately the rest are stacking dry wood around the post im tied to ;).

P.S. I actually ploughed my 109 straight into the ground... too busy reading your post :(

JG52Krupi
07-19-2011, 09:10 PM
No problem Krupi,

Plain errors:
1. Sound disappears in MP, probably linked with AIs spawning Being worked on, current fix is to turn off trees, this also will remove the problem of flickering shadows :grin:
2. Flight Model of fighters: ceiling, max speed, turn radius have to be heavily revised Being worked on
3. Even with unlimited buildings, they spawn suddenly, sometimes at short distance Probably being worked on
4. Shadows are flickering (trees, clouds) See sound bug
5. AI is behaving crazily (offline mainly) Being worked on
6. Crossfire Being worked on
7. ................

Improvements:
A. Engine sounds Being worked on
B. Gun sounds Being worked on
C. ................

So what is actually stopping you from playing the game... :confused:

Tree_UK
07-19-2011, 09:13 PM
So what is actually stopping you from playing the game... :confused:

I fly online mate, no sound is a killer for me.

JG52Krupi
07-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I fly online mate, no sound is a killer for me.

Read my post again... :rolleyes:

I agree no sound is a killer which is why i fly with sound :D

Tree_UK
07-19-2011, 09:17 PM
No Trees or no sound, its not exactly ideal in 2011.

JG52Krupi
07-19-2011, 09:19 PM
No Trees or no sound, its not exactly ideal in 2011.

It will be fixed and like you said no sound is a killer the same cannot be said for the trees...

Buzpilot
07-19-2011, 09:29 PM
No trees fix actually work?
I haven't played for weeks now, because every 'fix' i tried didn't help, so this really help?

JG52Krupi
07-19-2011, 09:33 PM
No trees fix actually work?
I haven't played for weeks now, because every 'fix' i tried didn't help, so this really help?

I am currently flying on the syndicate with no trees but with sound... not pretty but it works for sure :D

Feuerfalke
07-19-2011, 09:34 PM
I am currently flying on the syndicate with no trees but with sound... not pretty but it works for sure :D

Same is true for Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.

furbs
07-19-2011, 09:35 PM
it does work but OMG its ugly!!

it does seem taking the tree's off affects other stuff, i will have to take a couple of screenies to compare.

Edit...UGLY!!

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6029/launcher201107192238345.jpg
By furbs9999 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/furbs9999) at 2011-07-19

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3835/launcher201107192237425.jpg

Ze-Jamz
07-19-2011, 10:01 PM

it does seem taking the tree's off affects other stuff, i will have to take a couple of screenies to compare.

Edit...UGLY!!

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6029/launcher201107192238345.jpg

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3835/launcher201107192237425.jpg

looks like i have to do that if i wanna continue flying in that server... lost it 4 times in about 25 mins tonight..

Blackdog_kt
07-19-2011, 11:39 PM
It's simple really and it's how i've managed to get my money's worth out of the sim in a very short amount of time: if something doesn't work well i'll turn it off until a patch makes it work better.

For example, i saw that recent texture poll and the majority were running original textures when it's common knowledge by now that a GPU with more than 2GB of video RAM is needed to run that along with other settings at high levels, no wonder everyone is having heavy stutters. Meanwhile, i'm running medium textures and having only mild hiccups when lots of stuff is loaded for the first time at tree-top level on a two year old PC, it's smooth as silk above 100-200 meters of altitude or so.

When it's a choice between pretty and functional i'll go with functional every single time and focus on the rest of the working elements. Sure, no trees looks worse than full trees but if i was flying online i'd be much more engrossed in the experience by being able to actually carry out a dogfight and enjoy myself instead of waiting when the sound bug will strike, to the point that after a while i would completely forget about the trees.

Try it guys, you might actually start having fun for a change ;)

Tree_UK
07-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Sure you can turn it all off, but then you end of up with it looking like a Il2-1946 but with load more bugs. Look at my system specs, should i really have turn all this stuff down?

furbs
07-20-2011, 05:58 AM
For example, i saw that recent texture poll and the majority were running original textures when it's common knowledge by now that a GPU with more than 2GB of video RAM is needed to run that along with other settings at high levels, no wonder everyone is having heavy stutters. Meanwhile, i'm running medium textures and having only mild hiccups when lots of stuff is loaded for the first time at tree-top level on a two year old PC, it's smooth as silk above 100-200 meters of altitude or so.

)

Sorry Blackdog, but thats not true. At least for me, i have a 580 1.5 gb and im pretty happy with performance at original texture with everything else high too. I get between 50 and 60 fps with sometime drops down to 30.

What annoys me is the FPS drops or stutters for no reason, ie i can be flying along the sea at 60 fps and then it will drop for no reason down to 30 for a few seconds then jump back up, and this with nothing going on the screen.

COD with out the trees doesnt look that much better than IL2, were just talking landscape at say 500 meters, in fact some of the IL2 maps loook much more like England.

SsSsSsSsSnake
07-20-2011, 06:12 AM
Sure you can turn it all off, but then you end of up with it looking like a Il2-1946 but with load more bugs. Look at my system specs, should i really have turn all this stuff down?

Tree just had a look at your spec and its exactly the same as mine xcept i have a 480gtx and 2 ssd's instead of the mec hd's. but was planning on getting the 580 3gig,thought it would be nice for FSX? what do you think?

do you have HT turned on or off and do you set an affinity mask?
thanks

Tree_UK
07-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Hey snake, i dont believe you live far from me, you could always pop over and have a play and see what you think.

klem
07-20-2011, 07:56 AM

Edit...UGLY!!

The trees are ugly anyway - not the Tree btw. Well, maybe, after seeing that photo :)
And the 109s hide in them.
Turn them off.

I turned them off around the time of the last patch because I didn't like them. No MP sound bug since then. I have turned them back on at 'VeryLow' and still no sound bug.

It's a tiny price to pay to be able to play it until they change the trees (add your vote for it here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23405 ).

Numbers were up on the Syndicate server last night, presumably the US market jumping in :)

klem
07-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Sorry Blackdog, but thats not true. At least for me, i have a 580 1.5 gb and im pretty happy with performance at original texture with everything else high too. I get between 50 and 60 fps with sometime drops down to 30.

What annoys me is the FPS drops or stutters for no reason, ie i can be flying along the sea at 60 fps and then it will drop for no reason down to 30 for a few seconds then jump back up, and this with nothing going on the screen.

COD with out the trees doesnt look that much better than IL2, were just talking landscape at say 500 meters, in fact some of the IL2 maps loook much more like England.

furbs, could it be that you're on the edge with your 1.5Gb memory? Nothing is very far away on the channel map - could it be loading distant terrain data or aircraft data beyond visual range? The a/c are almost invisible until they 'jump up' as dots and who knows when the other coast loads.

You coud try turning off or cutting back on trees to see if it moves the problem away.

Blackdog_kt
07-20-2011, 01:24 PM

Who said turn it all off? I'm running mostly medium settings with a couple on low to "buy" some performance for setting a couple more on high.

It doesn't matter if you should or not. There's what you think the game should be and what the game is, you can either be realistic and have some fun with the game's working elements, or not be and continue not having fun and not discovering what does work. ;)

First you say it's not true and then you tell me you have stutters, which is almost what i described in the first place (that you need about 2GB of vRAM or so to use original textures with other settings on high if you want to maintain acceptable performance) :-P

Like i said to Tree, you guys need to compromise a bit. Don't compromise with the developers, your expectations of the sim or your rights as paying customers, but you do need to compromise with reality.

The game is what the game is. Asking "should i have to turn this off" doesn't make it run better on your system. Either turn down a couple of settings and fly (you'll see it fills the time nicely and when you fly you don't spend time anxiously waiting for patches), or continue pulling your collective hair out, it's your choice really ;)

furbs
07-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Stutters to me are micro pauses every say 3 to 10 seconds lasting about half a second, and seem more GPU.
They 95% went away when i upgraded.

The bigger drops in FPS can happen any time, online or off, and are just that...a big drop in FPS and a pause of a second or two for what seems no reason.
It happens in busy offline missions or just flying along, or online just sitting on the runway.
they seem more CPU than GPU to me.

Blackdog_kt
07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
I have some too when flying really low, but generally speaking they are the same thing i used to have some years ago when IL2 was still new and i7 PCs didn't exist yet.

I don't know if it's GPU or CPU related, but they are exactly similar to what i used to have when running pacific fighters on an AthlonXP with a geforce mx440, small pauses when there's a chunk of data that needs to be cached for the first time. Heck, i remember running IL2 at 800x600 and still getting the occasional pause when i had a lot of aircraft on screen at once with a cloudy sky.

After a while i managed to identify where it was most likely to occur, i realized i would need to wait for a better PC but i could still work around it to the point that it wasn't breaking gameplay . I started flying in a way that minimized the chances of it occurring and it also helped me fly better (since i was most likely to use wide views i maintained a better SA and spent less time in dogfights and more time in executing hit and run attacks), then better patches and better PCs came along and the rest is history.

Maybe the fact that i was used to running IL2 on mid to low end PCs for much of its life makes it easier for me to cope with similar issues in CoD and not even notice some of them, who knows.

furbs
07-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Well...theres not much room for me to upgrade for now...

i7 2600K @4.7
580 1.5gb
8gb @1600
Win 7 64 bit